Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
1. QB
2. WR
3. DL
4. FS (to replace Kendrick Lewis)
I don't get the urgency to replace Lewis. Is he the best back there playing free? No, but the Chiefs have much more pressing concerns (as you noted with 1, 2 and 3) plus they need to address center, right guard, and tackle depending on whether or not Albert returns.

Plus, I want to see how Sanders Commings would play at free.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendrick Lewis is the worst player on our defense, so he has to be replaced.

As far as the OL situation, this is how I see it next year:

Fisher -> Schwartz -> Hudson -> Asamoah -> Stephenson

Albert walks and we replace Allen. Maybe Hudson is replaced via the draft or by Kush, I don't know.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

need more depth at OLB...that got exposed big time yesterday
Old 11-26-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kendrick Lewis is the worst player on our defense, so he has to be replaced.

As far as the OL situation, this is how I see it next year:

Fisher -> Schwartz -> Hudson -> Asamoah -> Stephenson

Albert walks and we replace Allen. Maybe Hudson is replaced via the draft or by Kush, I don't know.
Think I'd go after replacing Asamoah before Allen. The Interior 3 is soft all across the board. They really need some big physical nasty from BC or Wisconsin or the like.

Also, Lewis, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I still see an entire defensive line, that while is pretty good at stopping the run, generates almost zero pass rush on their own.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
need more depth at OLB...that got exposed big time yesterday
Depth is needed across the board. Spoiled as we are with Tamba and Houston, it's gonna be nearly impossible to be satisfied with a backup unless he is picked in the first round, but then you're wasting a premium resource on the bench. Just looking at the Chiefs numbers, after Houston, Hali and Poe (a good start), the Chiefs top next 2 sackers are DJ and Berry and it's a massive drop off.

Poe has 4.5, Jackson has 2 and Bailey as 1, while Devito brings none. With Houston and Hali off the edge, and Poe commanding double teams nearly every play, one of those ends should be able to beat his man one on one, at least every once in a while. It's not happening.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Think I'd go after replacing Asamoah before Allen. The Interior 3 is soft all across the board. They really need some big physical nasty from BC or Wisconsin or the like.

Also, Lewis, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I still see an entire defensive line, that while is pretty good at stopping the run, generates almost zero pass rush on their own.
I'd keep Asamoah over Allen 100 times out of 100. I don't see anything redeeming from him at all if I'm bein honest.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the fact Tamba only has a slight ankle sprain is a freaking miracle..that looked a lot scarier then it turned out to be
Old 11-26-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Agreed. I hope he's good to go for Sunday, cuz it sounds like JHou isn't.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Hali said today he plans on playing on Sunday
Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I heard that too. That will be huge for us. I know JHou is only expected to miss 2-3 weeks too, so he'll be able to make the playoffs at least which is good.

If it was any game other than the Broncos this week I'd rather they just stayed out and got 100% healthy, but this is just such a huge game.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friends!

As long as Tamba is showing well with the ankle I think I'd prefer the Chiefs shut Houston down the rest of the regular season and get that elbow ready for the playoffs.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your team needs a GM in the Forum Mock! PM if interested.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57875
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

I think the Chiefs are positioned for 1 playoff victory, which after the Pioli era and last year in particular, and the Chiefs playoff victory drought (20 years long), I think we would all be stoked for. The Chiefs likely then go to Cincy or New England, which I feel the Chiefs could make a game out of both. But I don't see any way the Chiefs don't get bounced in Denver. Peyton is just too good, and the Chiefs just don't have the horses to run with them.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Am I crazy in thinking if not for Manning that Jamaal might very well win NFL MVP this year?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If it wasn't for Manning I think that Jamaal would be in the conversation at least.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss having a stud TE that never missed a game. :(
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Justin Houston & Fasano are doing individual drills in practice. reports are no brace or anything seen on Houston's elbow
Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No need to rush Houston back. I wouldn't be against shutting him down till the playoffs.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

So in the forum mock I've focused on upgrading the WR's and here's how I now have the WR core looking like:

Dwayne Bowe / Jeremy Maclin / Paul Richardson / Dexter McCluster / Junior Hemingway

how does it look?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So in the forum mock I've focused on upgrading the WR's and here's how I now have the WR core looking like:

Dwayne Bowe / Jeremy Maclin / Paul Richardson / Dexter McCluster / Junior Hemingway

how does it look?
I know I'll get some flack for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Donnie Avery stay but not as a starter. Maybe a #3 in the slot.

I hate DMC as a WR. He can't separate AT ALL.

Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Reid get a DL like Stephon Tuitt. We need to add to the D IMO. Donald Stephenson, Anthony Sherman, DMC, Junior Hemmingway, Rodney Hudson, Jon Asamoah and Jeff Allen. All these guys are 25 or younger. On top of that, if we get Jeremy Maclin, he would currently fit in this category as well.

And that's not counting the first 3 picks of Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce and Knile Davis in last years draft.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I know I'll get some flack for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Donnie Avery stay but not as a starter. Maybe a #3 in the slot.

I hate DMC as a WR. He can't separate AT ALL.

Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Reid get a DL like Stephon Tuitt. We need to add to the D IMO. Donald Stephenson, Anthony Sherman, DMC, Junior Hemmingway, Rodney Hudson, Jon Asamoah and Jeff Allen. All these guys are 25 or younger. On top of that, if we get Jeremy Maclin, he would currently fit in this category as well.

And that's not counting the first 3 picks of Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce and Knile Davis in last years draft.
I agree with all you've said. I'd love to get Tuitt, but I don't think he'll be there when the Chiefs pick. Paul Richardson probably will be, and I've been trying to find video of him. Everything I've read is pretty exciting. The Chiefs could use his speed outside.

Avery should stick, pretty decent slot, I think. Every time I get fed up with Dex he turns in a Washington game. But he's too small to be a true, constant impact player, with not enough speed and overrated athleticism and quickness. I'd think he could easily be upgraded over.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Updated Forum Mock so far:

RD 1. Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
RD 3. Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor
Old 12-15-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Updated Forum Mock so far:

RD 1. Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
RD 3. Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor
I'd have to look at the board to look at value, but I like Richardson a lot. Kind of meh on Dixon, not sure safety is a position the Chiefs need to shoot on at all.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I'd have to look at the board to look at value, but I like Richardson a lot. Kind of meh on Dixon, not sure safety is a position the Chiefs need to shoot on at all.
In all honesty it's time to cut ties with Lewis. Put Dixon at SS and move Berry to FS
Old 12-16-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, do any of you guys know where I can send a thank you letter to Jamarles for helping me get into my fantasy championship game?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote