Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only question is, Why Jamie Fox? lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They definitely have some pretty big goals, just gotta hope it's not terrible. I'll be curious to see what the runtime ends up being for this one.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
with two more sequels confirmed (from what I've read), it looks like the next movie will have a couple new villains that are alluded to in this trailer followed by a sinister six movie
I'm guessing Sinister Six is in the works and OsCorp is behind everything. In the trailer you see Doctor Octopus arms and Vulture wings behind glass in a lab.

Seems like we have three villains in this movie: Green Goblin, Rhino, and Electro. Rhino looks like a Dinozord from Power Rangers though. Looks weird. I just hope these guys get enough screen time. Three villains is hard to do and it failed the last time it happened in a Spider Man film.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Gina Carano was born for that role
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
This. I just can't buy some super skinny chick beating the crap out of armed dudes, superpowers or not. Carano in Haywire was one of the only times I've ever bought a woman as a legitimate threat in an action film.
Agreed.
WW is an Amazonian woman. She is supposed to be intimidating and tough. Not a fashion model. This is why we can't have nice things when it comes to women super heroes.

I also would have loved Jamie Alexander (yum) but I doubt she could being tied into Marvel.

Also would have accepted Liz Vassey (probably too old) who basically played a joke version of WW on The Tick

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Agreed.
WW is an Amazonian woman. She is supposed to be intimidating and tough. Not a fashion model. This is why we can't have nice things when it comes to women super heroes.
That is why acting is always going to be more important than anything else. That is where Wonder Woman's perception will be determined. Just like you wouldn't cast HHH as Thor. He's big and strong and has the look of an Asgardian, but dude can't act.

Interesting to note that Gadot was also in the Israeli army for two years in addition to her work as a fashion model. She just needs to hit the gym pronto. Movie magic will make her look a lot tougher.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can they?

Can they Ness?

Bro I know you'd love seeing her in that role lol. Don't even front.
Yes I would like a titty **** from those big melons.

But really, I just don't think the role fits a woman like Hendricks. I could see her as Lois Lane though. I might have taken that over Amy Adams.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-05-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ridiculous way to promo a movie. Ron Burgundy co-anchors an actually news broadcast...
Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

So I guess we're getting "X-Men: Apocolypse" in 2016 according to Bryan Singer. Sweet.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That is why acting is always going to be more important than anything else. That is where Wonder Woman's perception will be determined. Just like you wouldn't cast HHH as Thor. He's big and strong and has the look of an Asgardian, but dude can't act.

Interesting to note that Gadot was also in the Israeli army for two years in addition to her work as a fashion model. She just needs to hit the gym pronto. Movie magic will make her look a lot tougher.
But they still found a big strong dude who looks like an Asgardian....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
But they still found a big strong dude who looks like an Asgardian....
Well I don't think Chris Hemsworth looked like that before hitting the weights for the role.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What a ridiculous way to promo a movie. Ron Burgundy co-anchors an actually news broadcast...

They're promo-ing the **** out of this movie, and I've found very little of it funny. I'm getting nervous.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They're promo-ing the **** out of this movie, and I've found very little of it funny. I'm getting nervous.
Why would you be nervous? Unplanned sequels to successful movies never fail...
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I agree, I don't get it. The franchise speaks for itself. By promoting the **** out of the movie for 3-4 months everybody is just tired of the characters by the time it comes out.

I feel like a similar situation might be the Hangover Part II where they just wouldn't stop hyping it up and beat us to death with the Alan character.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
wow the most ridiculous part is this that pathetic excuse for a news station hope its fake
Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Raiders of the Lost Ark. Love that movie. Never gets old.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been nervous about the anchorman sequel. I see no way it remotely lives up to the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ive been nervous about the anchorman sequel. I see no way it remotely lives up to the original.
Yeah same here. The trailers don't look funny to me at all. I wish they never did the sequel as much as I love it. Let's hope it doesnt suck.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Raiders of the Lost Ark. Love that movie. Never gets old.
yes.

10 ch
Old 12-06-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anchorman is overrated anyway. It's good enough.. but not greatest comedy of all time territory.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you guys watch the X men movies leading up to The Wolverine ? I need to catch up Would it go X men Origins , X men First Class then The Wolverine or others ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anchorman is overrated anyway. It's good enough.. but not greatest comedy of all time territory.
how dare you, it's like the most quotable movie ever.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But people calling it the greatest comedy of all time are stupid anyway. Basically at this point I'm just hoping that it's not a repeat of Caddyshack 2 or Major League 2.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How would you guys watch the X men movies leading up to The Wolverine ? I need to catch up Would it go X men Origins , X men First Class then The Wolverine or others ?
I would probably just watch Origins three times.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I would probably just watch Origins three times.
No need to watch First class or the first ones ? I tried starting to watch the wolverine tonight with the lady and she was all confused with in 15 minutes. So I was like year other stuff happen like Jean dying in the other movies. She has seen the first 3 but not last stand or Origins.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
No need to watch First class or the first ones ? I tried starting to watch the wolverine tonight with the lady and she was all confused with in 15 minutes. So I was like year other stuff happen like Jean dying in the other movies. She has seen the first 3 but not last stand or Origins.
Just wiki spoil yourself and her with xmen3 last stand. Origins might be worth a watch if it's with a girl watching it for the first time.

Origins. Xmen 1 can be skipped through. Watch all of X2. Dont ruin your soul by witnessing the last stand. First Class if you want but it's relatively unrelated to the wolverine. Then watch the unrated/extended version of the wolverine.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote