Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ogden coming back

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

The Baltimore Ravens now know they don't need to draft a starting offensive tackle this weekend.

Jonathan Ogden told The Sun last night that he plans to return to the Ravens for his 12th season.

Ogden, the 10-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle, had been contemplating retirement since the Ravens' playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

In other news.

The Washington Redskins and Chicago Bears have rekindled talks under which the Bears would trade Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs to the Redskins, NFL sources said yesterday.

While a deal was not a certainty, one source with knowledge of the situation said there was a "50-50" chance a trade would be completed before Washington makes its first selection in the NFL draft tomorrow.

And

The Miami Dolphins are actively trying to trade wide receiver Marty Booker, a league source confirmed.

Whether the Dolphins can get anything for Booker, 30, remains to be seen. He's due to make $3.1 million and $4.3 million over the next two seasons. And Booker hasn't stayed healthy for a full season since 2002.

If Booker isn't traded, it's likely he'll be released if the Dolphins are content with their receivers after the draft. They are expected to select at least one receiver.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the update. Ogden coming back is not a bad thing for the Ravens, but they still need to consider his replacement in this year's or next year's draft.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They still need to bolster that oline. Im not a huge fan of this Tackle class outside of Levi Brown, whom I think is the only one in this class that has potential to be something real good.

I think they need to get either Lynch if he falls, or Justin Blaylock. Blaylock would be a great aquisition for them.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are not a fan of Blaylock, we would prefer Staley for our O-Line. Many of us Ravens' fans agree something about Blaylock is not right and he seems to scream bust. But yes the Tackle position is a need position since we only have 2 on the roster so it should be a Day 1 pick.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
We are not a fan of Blaylock, we would prefer Staley for our O-Line. Many of us Ravens' fans agree something about Blaylock is not right and he seems to scream bust. But yes the Tackle position is a need position since we only have 2 on the roster so it should be a Day 1 pick.
I don't think Staley is a good fit. The Ravens seem to love giant offensive linemen, and Staley is anything but that.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, I assume you also include Joe Thomas in the list of decent OT's in this class...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blaylock would be a RG/RT type player. Staley would play LT for you guys I would assume.

I honestly think Staley is gonna be a huge bust. I dont like him at all. Blaylock is gonna be a stud, a Shaun Andrews type of RG. Id love to have him in Giant blue if he falls to round 2.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Blaylock would be a RG/RT type player. Staley would play LT for you guys I would assume.

I honestly think Staley is gonna be a huge bust. I dont like him at all. Blaylock is gonna be a stud, a Shaun Andrews type of RG. Id love to have him in Giant blue if he falls to round 2.
Thats a personal concern of mine that Blaylock is really a guard and the Ravens are well covered at the Guard position. Staley has good mechanics and with our coaching staff he could be a solid addition to our line. I just don't see all the potential that many see in Blaylock. I can't really express it, its more of just a gut reaction.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Thats a personal concern of mine that Blaylock is really a guard and the Ravens are well covered at the Guard position. Staley has good mechanics and with our coaching staff he could be a solid addition to our line. I just don't see all the potential that many see in Blaylock. I can't really express it, its more of just a gut reaction.
Hmmmm....Ryan Kalil?

How's your C situation?

Im not a fan of the Tackles in this draft. Drafting a LT so early isn't worth it, the only one who is worth it is Levi Brown, but even he's a roll of the dice.

I honestly think Joe Thomas is severely overrated.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Hmmmm....Ryan Kalil?

How's your C situation?

Im not a fan of the Tackles in this draft. Drafting a LT so early isn't worth it, the only one who is worth it is Levi Brown, but even he's a roll of the dice.

I honestly think Joe Thomas is severely overrated.
Actually I personally as well as others here are in favor of Kalil. Mike Flynn is our center but he is getting long in the tooth, and Jason Brown and Chris Chester are experienced Centers but have been solid at Guard so I'd like to see them stay there and still have that flexibility if needed. Kalil is going to be the guy you draft and not worry about that spot on the line for the next decade and I would love to get him in the 1st. Tackle is definitely a need in the draft for the Ravens as we have no backup to Ogden or Terry, but I think we can find one later in the draft as opposed to reaching early.

As for Joe Thomas, I wonder was he so good because he's a stud, or was he so dominate because of weak competition. Could he be the next Ogden/Pace/Jones Left Tackle or more likely the next Robert Gallery Left Tackle?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-27-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Actually I personally as well as others here are in favor of Kalil. Mike Flynn is our center but he is getting long in the tooth, and Jason Brown and Chris Chester are experienced Centers but have been solid at Guard so I'd like to see them stay there and still have that flexibility if needed. Kalil is going to be the guy you draft and not worry about that spot on the line for the next decade and I would love to get him in the 1st. Tackle is definitely a need in the draft for the Ravens as we have no backup to Ogden or Terry, but I think we can find one later in the draft as opposed to reaching early.

As for Joe Thomas, I wonder was he so good because he's a stud, or was he so dominate because of weak competition. Could he be the next Ogden/Pace/Jones Left Tackle or more likely the next Robert Gallery Left Tackle?
I see Gallery. I really do. He's stronger minded than Gallery, so he wont be a total bust.

But I don't think he'll live up to his draft status. Thats all.

Short arms is a big no no for LT. And he has em.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so glad to hear this. We it seems like we are switching to get more athletic o-lineman.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

thank god

will Adam be move or still be the back up ?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam to RT I think
Old 04-27-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good to hear be will be back....HOF????

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
good to hear be will be back....HOF????
for sure

lvhkghk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Terry is our RT for this season, but he gives us the flexibility to draft either tackle this year or next. If we draft a LT such as Staley, Terry can stay at RT hopefully, or Terry can move to LT when Ogden retires.
Terry was originally drafted to be a LT for when Ogden retires I believe, and he looked pretty good in pass protection but his run blocking wasn't great, which leads me to think he'll be our LT of the future unless Staley falls or he greatly improves his run blocking.