Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Going back in time Bucs fans.

In the off season of 2012. When we sign VJax and Nicks. Also some dumb A$$ named Eric Wright who blew his biggest pay day.

Mario Williams was a free agent and looking for the big bucks. His deal is very close to Revis's deal. 6 years 100 million ( Williams ) to ( Revis ) 6 years 96 million. Which means we could have gone after Williams and not Revis a year later. So I ask you this. Knowing what you know now.

Would you do it the same? Not going after Williams. Trading for Revis with the 13th pick etc etc etc...

Or would you like our team better if we had signed Williams to team with McCoy. And with the 13th in the 2013 draft taken a Sheldon Richardson or Star Lotulelei.

I know it's all for fun. Just want to hear what you guys think.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:25 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk. I wasn't a fan of going after Revis. I supported the decision. Still ticked we gave Goldson 8 mm a year.

To me if we wanted a safety that bad, Vaccaro is earl thomas 2.0.

Jackson has shown to be the best signing in the past two off seasons. I think Dom just tried fixing poor draft picks in 2012 and 2013 to make up for the misses.

If you ask me, when schiano arrived we are in a rebuilding mode bc we missed badly especially all the time invested in freeman.
bucfan12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think to call me adamant about having a strong Defensive Line might be an understatement.

Trying to recall if memory serves correctly we didn't even make an attempt to Mario Williams just a couple of years of trying to sign Albert aka "Fat Albert" Haynesworth.

I know Mario had injury concerns but **** we traded for a guy coming off a ACL injury, not just a guy but a CB. Then we were the only team bidding for him so why did we have to send a 1st again???

So yeah build up the D Line, we haven't had a double digit sacker since when? Simeon Rice in 05 I think.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love if our first two picks were on pass rushers.

I'm dreaming about Barr in the first and Murphy in the second.

Barr could be the " Von Miller " and Murphy as that tone setter never give up DE. Would be great
Old 12-06-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We shoulda got Julius Peppers way back when.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I would love if our first two picks were on pass rushers.

I'm dreaming about Barr in the first and Murphy in the second.

Barr could be the " Von Miller " and Murphy as that tone setter never give up DE. Would be great
In that case all we need is a NT and were set at an attacking 3-4. McCoy and Clayborn could play rde and lde in the 3-4. David and foster in the middle. Murphy and Barr on the outside. Use FA to get a wr and te.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
In that case all we need is a NT and were set at an attacking 3-4. McCoy and Clayborn could play rde and lde in the 3-4. David and foster in the middle. Murphy and Barr on the outside. Use FA to get a wr and te.

Or we could not do that, actually select players that fit the scheme, and keep building instead of overhauling the whole front 7. Again.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Or we could not do that, actually select players that fit the scheme, and keep building instead of overhauling the whole front 7. Again.
With Mark as GM though?

Its been what 5 years, and notable misses include Arrelious Benn (2nd RD), Brian Price*freak injury really ruined career*(2nd RD), Freeman(1st RD QB!), Brent Bowden(Only reason I'm noting him is because we passed on Greg Hardy for this punter), Da'Quan Bowers(2nd RD).

That is a lot of misses REALLY early in the draft, even if you exclude the Price pick because he flashed a lot potential early before the hamstring injury.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
With Mark as GM though?

Its been what 5 years, and notable misses include Arrelious Benn (2nd RD), Brian Price*freak injury really ruined career*(2nd RD), Freeman(1st RD QB!), Brent Bowden(Only reason I'm noting him is because we passed on Greg Hardy for this punter), Da'Quan Bowers(2nd RD).

That is a lot of misses REALLY early in the draft, even if you exclude the Price pick because he flashed a lot potential early before the hamstring injury.
You could throw Clayborn there soon as well.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
With Mark as GM though?

I'd be all for removing Dominik as GM. He's had some positives, but he's missing too much.... I agree.

My point was that there's nothing wrong with the scheme that we need to overhaul it just for the hell of it.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I really hope Clayborn puts back on the LB's and gets up to the 280ish we drafted him at. He's never going to be a speed guy. I would love him a just the big strong bull that doesn't stop aka his rookie year.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
You could throw Clayborn there soon as well.
Clayborn is one of those high motor solid but not spectacular players. I personally think he would be better as a LDE, he seems like a power/bullrush end as opposed to the RDE, which usually is a quick speed rush type(do I sound like a broken record?). His rookie season 7.5 sacks and 10 QB hurries, and right now he has 4 sacks and 12 QB hurries, with 3 games left in the season. Not pro bowl worthy but I think if we get a dynamic, explosive off the edge RDE: guys like McCoy(12 hurries) and Clayborn sack numbers increase by 2-3 sacks.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Clayborn is one of those high motor solid but not spectacular players. I personally think he would be better as a LDE, he seems like a power/bullrush end as opposed to the RDE, which usually is a quick speed rush type(do I sound like a broken record?). His rookie season 7.5 sacks and 10 QB hurries, and right now he has 4 sacks and 12 QB hurries, with 3 games left in the season. Not pro bowl worthy but I think if we get a dynamic, explosive off the edge RDE: guys like McCoy(12 hurries) and Clayborn sack numbers increase by 2-3 sacks.
Yeah but we drafted him to be that terror off the right side. Hasn't done it.