Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Senior Bowl QB groups always are jokes so Morris fits. lol.

North

Carr, Garoppolo and Thomas.

South

Boyd, McCarron and Morris.

It sounds about right to me. However, I would love to think outside the box like moving Thomas to TE to make a room for Keith Wenning (the popularity will make it Fales instead).
Nice call on Wenning - he is really under the radar. Also, Jordan Lynch should get an invite but I wonder if he will be converted to an RB.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophervike View Post
Scott,

Long time reader and fellow Minnesotan here. I'm an active member in several other NFL Draft/Scouting forums. First time posting here on draftcountdown.

Is there any chance that Jeff Mathews of Cornell could still earn that 6th quarterback spot for the senior bowl with Mettenberger's injury?

I like him more than Morris, but he's probably going to get a lower grade than Fales from me. That said, he may have the most upside of the three. Big frame, big arm, and has proven capable of manipulating defenses when he's not getting abused behind that porous offensive line or suffering too much from poor WR play. I like his talent and think his game translates well to the next level, even though he hasn't faced top competition at his current one. Shades of Joe Flacco in my opinion.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Welcome!

Are you getting as much snow as we are? :o)

Coming into the season I had a mid-round grade on Cornell QB Jeff Mathews based on his junior film but he hasn't had a great senior season and I now see him as more of a late rounder. From what I hear that is the general consensus around the league as well. With that said I think Mathews is an ideal developmental signal caller and in many ways is a poor-man's Matt Ryan.

Unless some other quarterbacks drop out (beyond Murray and Mattenberger) I doubt we see Mathews at the Senior Bowl but he will have an opportunity to show he can play with the big boys at either the East / West Shrine or NFLPA Game.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just added four new names to the list, including three small schoolers!

Jeff Scott, RB, Ole Miss
Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie St.
Lavelle Westbrooks, CB, Georgia Southern

Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool I love seeing small school guys come in to compete. They have a lot to gain with a good showing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:31 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

Quote:

My guess is it will come down to either Stephen Morris of Miami (FL) or David Fales of San Jose St. to go along with Derek Carr, A.J. McCarron, Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas and Jimmy Garoppolo. If pressed I'd say Morris might have an edge since he played for a prestige program in the region.

Morris accepted an East/West Shrine invite

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ick-fil-a-bowl
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami OG Brandon Linder accepted an invite.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
It sounds about right to me. However, I would love to think outside the box like moving Thomas to TE to make a room for Keith Wenning (the popularity will make it Fales instead).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Nice call on Wenning - he is really under the radar. Also, Jordan Lynch should get an invite but I wonder if he will be converted to an RB.
Wenning talk

Not a stud prospect and Senior Bowl wasn't going to happen, but I am curious as to how he does in his postseason games.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BC RB Andre Williams has accepted an invite

https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/statu...95209441153024

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see WR Mike Campanaro get an invite. Perfect slot receiver for the next level.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Wenning talk

Not a stud prospect and Senior Bowl wasn't going to happen, but I am curious as to how he does in his postseason games.

I think I read somewhere recently that scouts think he has a shot to be top 50. Invite him!

Wenning has a windup delivery, unfortunately.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc...n-star-invites

Wow.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE Dee Ford, CB Chris Davis, FB Jay Prosch, and K Cody Parkey have all accepted invites from Auburn.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Guiton needs some post college bowl action. Needs some time to show off his wares to become a valued UDFA.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontae Johnson, CB/S, NCSU, has accepted an invite for the Senior Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Just added a bunch of new names and we are now up to 54 confirmed invites!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Titanfan99
Rookie

Titanfan99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since the Senior Bowl allowed some "red shirt" juniors, whom had graduated, to attend last year. I wondered if that was possible this year
and if you have any idea who might be considered...
Titanfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanfan99 View Post
Since the Senior Bowl allowed some "red shirt" juniors, whom had graduated, to attend last year. I wondered if that was possible this year
and if you have any idea who might be considered...
D.J. Fluker and Justin Pugh were in Mobile last year. Fluker had to drop out due to injury.

I think we will definitely see some underclassmen at the Senior Bowl again. In fact, Executive Director Phil Savage commented in a press conference last year that he'd like to invite even more this time around. So perhaps four? Of course they will have to fit within a set of strict criteria including having graduated by December, been at the same school for four years and be given the blessing of their coach. So a guy like Louis Nix would be eligible (although highly unlikely since he is coming off surgery) but Bradley Roby wouldn't be under those guidelines.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Fales received an invite to senior bowl.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
David Fales received an invite to senior bowl.
I couldn't find any confirmation of this by a major media outlet...

Got a link?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So my post about McGill being invited kept being taken down w/o a link, but the post about Fales is allowed to stay w/o a link? Umm.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach4fu View Post
So my post about McGill being invited kept being taken down w/o a link, but the post about Fales is allowed to stay w/o a link? Umm.
I can assure you nothing sinister is going on, whatever that may even be.

If you have a confirmed invite from a major media outlet post it here and I will add it to the list.

Notice I haven't added Fales yet and have asked the posted for a link to confirm.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Titanfan99
Rookie

Louisville's DE Marcus Smith headed to Senior Bowl...

I don't have enough posts to provide link...

Last edited by Titanfan99 : 12-14-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I get that you haven't added Fales and that you asked that a link be posted. However, I had my first three posts on Keith McGill deleted. It wasn't until I asked what was going on that you told me what was missing. Why wasn't my post allowed to stay while I looked for a link?

Quote:
I can assure you nothing sinister is going on, whatever that may even be.

If you have a confirmed invite from a major media outlet post it here and I will add it to the list.

Notice I haven't added Fales yet and have asked the posted for a link to confirm.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Titanfan99
Rookie

Jeff Janis (WR) Saginaw Valley State University invited to Senior Bowl...
Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanfan99 View Post
Jeff Janis (WR) Saginaw Valley State University invited to Senior Bowl...
That's a big feather in his cap coming from a small school. I've seen some of him on the internet and he's a great combination of size and speed. Physically he's somewhere between Jordy Nelson and Eric Decker. You could do worse than those two.

Scott, you were right on this guy it appears.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote