Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-10-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Big Board

What do you guys think the Bengals Big Board looks like?
Just top five.
(Keep things realistic)

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Chris Houston/Darrelle Revis
3. Beason/Timmons
4. Alan Branch (if his stock is falling like some say, he could be here)
5. Michael Griffin
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like your top 5. My only change would be that instead of Beason, I like Poz but the rest is real good. I agree that we may get a chance at Branch.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to take Branch. He is a high boom/bust pick but shows versatility at all D-line spots which we could use some depth at. Him and Peko on the inside would be decent
Old 04-15-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I see Kiper has us getting Jamel Anderson. I don't see him slipping that far. I think I prefer a CB anyway.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. revis
2. nelson
3. timmons
4. houston
5. branch

thats what i hope it looks like at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I see Kiper has us getting Jamel Anderson. I don't see him slipping that far. I think I prefer a CB anyway.
I think he could be a one year wonder in college. Not too sure.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine...

1. Alan Branch DT Michigan
2. Reggie Nelson S Florida
3. Darelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
4. Chris Houston CB Arkansas
5. Lawrence Timmons LB FSU
6. Jon Beason LB Miami (FL)
7. Micheal Griffin S Texas

I'd like to see 1 of the top 3 or hopefully find a way to trade back and take one of the final 4.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I dont have branch high because everyone is talkin about his bust potential
Old 04-15-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I dont have branch high because everyone is talkin about his bust potential
Supposedly....

However you also have the comparisons to John Henderson...

I don't want another average DT when we can grab one later in the draft but Branch has the potential to be elite, that's hard to pass up. I don't see DT as a top need but every elite defense has a big time DT.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I see what your sayin. I like him but Im just nervous of a huge bust,
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
GertSK

In looking at last year's Bengals draft it is now obvious they were drafting for the future.

1. Joseph (did not start much in '06)
2. Whitworth (most assumed he was drafted for the guard spot since they couldn't pay Steinbach)
3. Rucker (will Smith, Robinson be around past '07?)

So while I would like to see an immediate impact guy come in for us, I am not quite sure the Bengals go to fill the biggest hole for '07.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Scarlet&GreyBengal

well, the biggest impact player WOULD be a linebacker, the best move for the future would be adressing the secondary.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Thomas7399

I never thought about Branch dropping to the Bengals, but getting a run stopper would really help that D.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm not sure what will happen at LB. Depends really on what they think about Landon and if he'll be re-signed next season, in that case they could be drafting for the future at WLB. I very highly doubt they go SLB or MLB unless it's absolute BPA (which is unlikely with how weak LB is this year).

I doubt Branch dropping to us but stranger things have happened.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Maybe Landry will fall....Please God...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Maybe Landry will fall....Please God...
Wont drop past the top 10.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Wont drop past the top 10.
i was bein sarcastic.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i would love to take Branch. He is a high boom/bust pick but shows versatility at all D-line spots which we could use some depth at. Him and Peko on the inside would be decent
DT's are notorious for their high bust rate.

Shaun Rogers went in the second.

I think we'll go another route, considering we nabbed Peko in the fourth last year.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
DT's are notorious for their high bust rate.
True, however many of the more dominant DT's are top 15 guys... Branch is obviously top 15 potential.

Examples:

John Henderson 1st round, 9th pick
Kevin Williams 1st round, 9th pick
Marcus Stroud 1st round, 13th pick
Tommie Harris 1st round, 14th pick
Casey Hampton 1st round, 19th pick

All 5 of those players have been in the pro bowl in the past 2 seasons. I'm a major proponent of us taking a DT early just to take one but we CANNOT pass on a guy like Alan Branch, he's a rare impact guy at DT.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if branch r okoye fall to 18, i think we will pick him. corner is a deep postion this year and the first round talent is not too far in front of the upper tier. we could nab wilson, mccaluey, or maybe jackson in the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

Kareem Brown or Antonio Johnson in Rd 4 would suit me just fine for our DT needs. I would prefer Michael Bush in Rd 3 over DeShaun Wynn who I think is very likely. I'm starting to think that Michael Griffin is our #1 pick even if we have a good slection of others on the board. Griffin has lots of versatility, seems like a high character guy and isn't considered dumb like Nelson. He's a good ST player also.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you like Leon Hall in the 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Do you like Leon Hall in the 1st?
I personally don't. He's just not our type of CB, I'd rather go with Beason/Timmons/Branch/Nelson/Revis... At least one of them will be there.