Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have it.
You should download it. The insanity of it is quite amazing.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just picked this up this morning!

it's a beauty, since my old case wont be able to fit the 780 I'll be getting upgraded to a full tower

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i should buy a new case... hm.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should...get the exact same model as mine. The holes with the rubber grommets makes cable management so much easier. Just finished swapping parts and it looks pretty damn sexy. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

corsair, right?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Yeah Corsair 750D, they have a lot of different models and price range, but the one I got was probably the best deal for what you get and price was fair for a full tower.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up the Define R4. It's a wide mid-tower. You can remove all of the drive mounts and mount a couple SSDs on the backside of the mobo tray (which is what I'm going to do). Silent and lots of airflow options.

Microcenter had the Nanoxia DS2 for the same price. The Nanoxia seems slightly better-built and I liked that the floor pegs were slightly higher, but I really like being able to basically have an empty rectangle with fan mounts for a case by taking out the drive bays.

Last edited by nepg : 12-23-2013 at 11:28 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't recall if I am unable to find the thread or not, but anyone (mainly njx from what I recall) still playing Kerbal Space Program? There is a pretty sweet multiplayer mod out. Would be super fun to try out.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I'll get a better photo later, but this is the current upgrade setup until I get the rest of my parts in a few weeks!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

L4D2 is free on steam right now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Sure is. Looks like it broke the Steam Store though. Needless to say everyone should get it and we should all play together. Except Vidae. He is poopy.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any regretful purchases this steam sale? I got a lot of games that were on my wishlist, and only strayed once. Blackguards could be a horribly regrettable purchase. It could also be awesome.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard for me to regret purchasing games that are $10 or cheaper.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Any regretful purchases this steam sale? I got a lot of games that were on my wishlist, and only strayed once. Blackguards could be a horribly regrettable purchase. It could also be awesome.

So far the only thing I've purchased this steam sale so far is Age of Empires 3 complete collection. Before the end, I'm going to buy Sins of a solar empire dlc, but I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale first. I'm going to leave Shadowrun returns for next summer though.

I'm really not thrilled with how Pac Man C.E. D.X. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. is listed in a flash sale for 0% more than it was already on sale for.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hard for me to regret purchasing games that are $10 or cheaper.
I sorta agree, but Blackguards was a 12-spot. I believe I purchased 9 games/software this time around (I'm done unless something otherworldly happens).
Old 12-25-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started install of L4D2

Edit: oh boy this is going to take a while.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
So far the only thing I've purchased this steam sale so far is Age of Empires 3 complete collection. Before the end, I'm going to buy Sins of a solar empire dlc, but I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale first. I'm going to leave Shadowrun returns for next summer though.

I'm really not thrilled with how Pac Man C.E. D.X. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. is listed in a flash sale for 0% more than it was already on sale for.
Yeah, that's pretty bogus. They did the same thing with Borderlands 2 GotY Edition. It was on a Daily Sale for $15 while I was at work, then it was $30 when I got home. It's $30 now. That's not a Daily Sale. I posted about it on Steam forums, and they deleted my posts.

I'd buy it for $15, but not $30. Just no way in hell I pay $30 for a computer game that isn't something major and new.

The only games I plan on paying full price for in the near future are Dark Souls II and Dragon Age III.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

we should get a co-op game going tonight my download is going super slow for some reason though.

Also I figured this would be the best place to ask, any sound guys have any speaker recommendation? My MAudio AV30 right speaker has hit the shitter and I'm in need of some really good speakers.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Meh...I'm happy with the $20 Insignia speakers I've had for 5 years. Not audiophile, but I really don't need that for my work(/game)station.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Just started install of L4D2

Edit: oh boy this is going to take a while.
Woohoo!

Also, I cannot recall. Did you ever buy Kerbal Space Program? If so, we must play the multiplayer mod!

On another note, I really didn't buy anything this Steam sale. Either had the games I wanted already or the deals weren't that great. The only game I bought was Dragon Age because I wanted a digital copy since I am not really sure where my physical copy went.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I have Kerbal, but I've only played it once. lol. I think the patch on which I purchased the game was buggy as hell.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

You should give it a shot. I've logged...oh..I don't know..close to 250 hours in it. One of my all-time favorite games. Especially since they've added to career mode. I'm just excited to try the multiplayer mod and see if I can get that to work. This game with a multiplayer element would be absolutely insane. INSANE. Basically it gains the depth of Minecraft because of all the crazy things you could build together.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I imagine it'd also take out a lot of the frustration like retrieving Kermen after a landing.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Woohoo!

Also, I cannot recall. Did you ever buy Kerbal Space Program? If so, we must play the multiplayer mod!

On another note, I really didn't buy anything this Steam sale. Either had the games I wanted already or the deals weren't that great. The only game I bought was Dragon Age because I wanted a digital copy since I am not really sure where my physical copy went.
Yes, I bought KSP. I love it but I haven't cared for an open sandbox recently.

I've been playing far too much CS:GO recently. I really will play KSP again soon.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Yes, I bought KSP. I love it but I haven't cared for an open sandbox recently.

I've been playing far too much CS:GO recently. I really will play KSP again soon.
It has career mode you jerk!