Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-06-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your team needs a GM in the Forum Mock! PM if interested.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57875
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game y'all. Good luck the rest of the way.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Good game y'all. Good luck the rest of the way.
Well it was good game for KC anyway. Now I have to focus on the draft and FA again. Joy is fleeting for a Redskins fan.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is a dead forum, but here's how I did for you guys as the Redskins GM in the forum mock. I had to take them since nobody else did.

Predraft Moves:

Not the most knowledgeable about these guys, but took my best shot.

FA NOT RE-SIGNED
Josh Morgan
London Fletcher
Santana Moss
Josh Wilson
Brandon Meriweather
EJ Biggers
Reed Doughty
Chris Baker
Rex Grossman
Nick Barnett
Darryl Tapp
Bryan Kehl
Rob Jackson
Dezmon Briscoe
Jose Gumbs
Fred Davis

RE-SIGN
Brian Orakpo
DeAngelo Hall
Perry Riley

------------------------

Trades:

Jacksonville receives:
2nd Rounder (#35)

Washington receives:
2nd Rounder (#41)
5th Rounder (#134)

------------------------

Redskins trade:

4th Rounder (#99)

Bears trade:

4th Rounder (#113)
6th Rounder (#178)

------------------------

Round 1 - No pick

Round 2 - WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
I really wanted to add Antonio Richardson, but he got gobbled up a few picks ahead of me. Not too discouraged, I also had Matthews as an option that I liked. I wanted to give RG3 a big target at WR. The league is going that direction and having a lot of success. Pulled the trigger on Matthews cause I think he's a really legit WR talent and not just a tall guy like Stephen Hill. Felt fortunate that he was still available.

Round 3 - ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
Felt the pressure to find an ILB to replace London Fletcher and I think I nailed it with Skov being avaiable. He's a dirty rascal of LB that I'm sure would turn into a Skins fan favorite.

Round 4 - OL Jack Mewhort, Ohio St.
Got some OL help that I was looking for. Mewhort probably won't be lasting until the 4th round in real life. I think this forum is slow on his stock. Mewhort is a versatile lineman who has played LT, LG, and RG during his time at Ohio St. He is a team captain and Urban Meyer raves about him. Lunch pail guy who is not afraid to mix it up. The thought at this point was to try him at RT and OG to see where his best fit is.

Round 5 - FS Ed Reynolds, Stanford
Not sure how I ended up with this steal. Unless I'm missing something this guy is still a Round 2/3 guy in my mind. Wanted to shore up S since I chose not to bring back Merriweather. I believe it's in the Skins better interests to get more disciplined. Reynolds will bring that and allow Rambo to move to SS.

Round 5 - CB/KR Chris Davis, Auburn
Killed 2 needs here. Redskins have been hurting for a good returner on Special Teams and having the guy that destroyed Alabama's hopes for a repeat Championship is a sexy get. Davis might've made himself an Auburn Legend on that return, but he is a really tough hard nosed CB that can really defend big WRs well. He battled hard against Missouri's 6'6" Dorial Green-Beckham and didn't win all match ups, but he shut him down when it counted and came up with big plays throughout the game.

Round 6 - DE George Uko, USC
Uko currently plays 5 tech for USC and actually moves around the DL quite a bit. He's been a versatile weapon for them in the trenches and is a really strong player known to get into backfields. Saw him available and didn't think twice about making the pick. He adds quality depth to a shallow unit and I wouldn't count him out as being a star one day.

Round 6 - C/OG Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma
Getting a guy tabbed as a 4th rounder here is another "feel good" pick. Ikard could step in and start over Montgomery if he continues to show issues. Noted as a really intelligent player, Bob Stoops has enjoyed Ikard's growth and development into a stallwart leader on OU's OL over the last 4 years.

Round 7 - OT Cornelius Lucas, Kansas St
Lucas is a mountain of a man that stands 6'9, 325. He has the size that sounds like he would overwhelm defenders, but he has some things to work on in the run game. Being too tall might actually be an issue if he can't improve his technique in the run game. However, while he needs improvement in the run, his pass protection has been excellent as he has a natural tendency to mirror rushers and neutralize their attacks using his long arms and raw athletic abilities.

I made no FA pick ups since I wanted to see how the draft would unfold and I didn't know what your cap sitaution is like.

Thoughts?
Old 12-27-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know this is a dead forum, but here's how I did for you guys as the Redskins GM in the forum mock. I had to take them since nobody else did.

Predraft Moves:

Not the most knowledgeable about these guys, but took my best shot.

FA NOT RE-SIGNED
Josh Morgan
London Fletcher
Santana Moss
Josh Wilson
Brandon Meriweather
EJ Biggers
Reed Doughty
Chris Baker
Rex Grossman
Nick Barnett
Darryl Tapp
Bryan Kehl
Rob Jackson
Dezmon Briscoe
Jose Gumbs
Fred Davis

RE-SIGN
Brian Orakpo
DeAngelo Hall
Perry Riley

------------------------

Trades:

Jacksonville receives:
2nd Rounder (#35)

Washington receives:
2nd Rounder (#41)
5th Rounder (#134)

------------------------

Redskins trade:

4th Rounder (#99)

Bears trade:

4th Rounder (#113)
6th Rounder (#178)

------------------------

Round 1 - No pick

Round 2 - WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
I really wanted to add Antonio Richardson, but he got gobbled up a few picks ahead of me. Not too discouraged, I also had Matthews as an option that I liked. I wanted to give RG3 a big target at WR. The league is going that direction and having a lot of success. Pulled the trigger on Matthews cause I think he's a really legit WR talent and not just a tall guy like Stephen Hill. Felt fortunate that he was still available.

Round 3 - ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
Felt the pressure to find an ILB to replace London Fletcher and I think I nailed it with Skov being avaiable. He's a dirty rascal of LB that I'm sure would turn into a Skins fan favorite.

Round 4 - OL Jack Mewhort, Ohio St.
Got some OL help that I was looking for. Mewhort probably won't be lasting until the 4th round in real life. I think this forum is slow on his stock. Mewhort is a versatile lineman who has played LT, LG, and RG during his time at Ohio St. He is a team captain and Urban Meyer raves about him. Lunch pail guy who is not afraid to mix it up. The thought at this point was to try him at RT and OG to see where his best fit is.

Round 5 - FS Ed Reynolds, Stanford
Not sure how I ended up with this steal. Unless I'm missing something this guy is still a Round 2/3 guy in my mind. Wanted to shore up S since I chose not to bring back Merriweather. I believe it's in the Skins better interests to get more disciplined. Reynolds will bring that and allow Rambo to move to SS.

Round 5 - CB/KR Chris Davis, Auburn
Killed 2 needs here. Redskins have been hurting for a good returner on Special Teams and having the guy that destroyed Alabama's hopes for a repeat Championship is a sexy get. Davis might've made himself an Auburn Legend on that return, but he is a really tough hard nosed CB that can really defend big WRs well. He battled hard against Missouri's 6'6" Dorial Green-Beckham and didn't win all match ups, but he shut him down when it counted and came up with big plays throughout the game.

Round 6 - DE George Uko, USC
Uko currently plays 5 tech for USC and actually moves around the DL quite a bit. He's been a versatile weapon for them in the trenches and is a really strong player known to get into backfields. Saw him available and didn't think twice about making the pick. He adds quality depth to a shallow unit and I wouldn't count him out as being a star one day.

Round 6 - C/OG Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma
Getting a guy tabbed as a 4th rounder here is another "feel good" pick. Ikard could step in and start over Montgomery if he continues to show issues. Noted as a really intelligent player, Bob Stoops has enjoyed Ikard's growth and development into a stallwart leader on OU's OL over the last 4 years.

Round 7 - OT Cornelius Lucas, Kansas St
Lucas is a mountain of a man that stands 6'9, 325. He has the size that sounds like he would overwhelm defenders, but he has some things to work on in the run game. Being too tall might actually be an issue if he can't improve his technique in the run game. However, while he needs improvement in the run, his pass protection has been excellent as he has a natural tendency to mirror rushers and neutralize their attacks using his long arms and raw athletic abilities.

I made no FA pick ups since I wanted to see how the draft would unfold and I didn't know what your cap sitaution is like.

Thoughts?
I'm going to take a deeper look into these players but it sure seems you've addressed Skins positional needs well. Good stuff.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now if only you didn't bring back D Hall lol.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Now if only you didn't bring back D Hall lol.
Really? He always seems to play well against the Cowboys.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Really? He always seems to play well against the Cowboys.
Hall had a pretty good year this year actually. Can't be said for anyone else in the secondary.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't change the fact that I still dislike him.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote