Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He played injured his whole junior year and he is going to get hit a lot harder in the pros and far more often.
You can't touch the quarterback in the NFL. He gets rid of the ball in a timely manner and doesn't operate much outside the pocket. He's rarely going to be touched.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You can't touch the quarterback in the NFL. He gets rid of the ball in a timely manner and doesn't operate much outside the pocket. He's rarely going to be touched.
Cutler - injured and missed most of the season
Rodgers -injured and missed a lot of games
Ponder -injured and missed a # of games
Bradford -injured and missed a # of games
Manual -injured and missed a large # of games
Flacco- played injured the last half of the season
Schaub- injured a part of the season
Locker -missed most of the season
Hoyer - started 2 games and was injured for the rest of the season
RG111 - recovering most of the season from a serious injury the previous year
Vick -injured and missed a large # of games
Romo -injured and missed the key game of the season

Yeah, you cannot touch a QB in the NFL, it is the most injury free position in the league. They hardly get hit at all. That's why approximately 35% of them got injured this season.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nitpick, Cutler missed 5 games, not most of the season. Rodgers missed more time than he did.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And most of those guys got hurt running the ball or operating outside the pocket. What your list proved was that it doesn't matter if you're bigger and stronger, you are just as likely to get hurt.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And most of those guys got hurt running the ball or operating outside the pocket. What your list proved was that it doesn't matter if you're bigger and stronger, you are just as likely to get hurt.
You don't really believe this, do you?

Bridgewater is a beanpole (right now) as someone put it. That's evident. Like it or not, it's a legitimate concern. How big of a concern? Well, first of all he can do what RGIII did and add a bunch of muscle during the offseason. That might be all a team like the Texans or Jags need to help them feel more comfortable.

I don't think it's some sort of gigantic red flag that he's smallish and slender. But body types do make a difference in the evaluation and I think the issue isn't that he'll fall in the draft far because of durability concerns based on his size - I think it's more that the team who does draft him will have to live with trotting out a smallish QB each week and all that entails. It's scarier to see him take a big shot than say a Luck or a Newton. That's just the reality.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You don't really believe this, do you?

Bridgewater is a beanpole (right now) as someone put it. That's evident. Like it or not, it's a legitimate concern. How big of a concern? Well, first of all he can do what RGIII did and add a bunch of muscle during the offseason. That might be all a team like the Texans or Jags need to help them feel more comfortable.

I don't think it's some sort of gigantic red flag that he's smallish and slender. But body types do make a difference in the evaluation and I think the issue isn't that he'll fall in the draft far because of durability concerns based on his size - I think it's more that the team who does draft him will have to live with trotting out a smallish QB each week and all that entails. It's scarier to see him take a big shot than say a Luck or a Newton. That's just the reality.
We are talking about a quarterback who operates from within the pocket. He's not RGIII, who exposes himself to numerous big hits with his slender frame. Being bigger and stronger doesn't automatically guarantee you to be more durable.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Travis Benjamin got like tapped on a play this year and tore his ACL.

He's like a solid 175 pounds, I think it had something to do with it sadly :[
Old 12-31-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Travis Benjamin got like tapped on a play this year and tore his ACL.

He's like a solid 175 pounds, I think it had something to do with it sadly :[
Of course, there's going to be examples of small guys getting hurt and I can provide examples of bigger guys getting hurt. Teddy is has a slender build, yes, and he could stand to add some muscle to that frame, yes, but if that dramatically alters anyone's assessment of him then they're putting too much weight into his build.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't matter how big you are as a QB you can get hurt. Big Ben gets nicked up all the time and look at the size of him. Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers and Brees have all had to to deal with significant injuries.

There is no way a team should pass on a QB they believe has everything but "prototypical size". If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out but you have to take the chance that it will or your not trying.

I would be sick to my stomach if passed on a QB i loved for that reason and had to watch him have a great career, i bet there are teams out there that feel that way about Wilson right now.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you should pass on him because of a lack of ideal size. I'm saying it's part of the conversation.

And NFL teams are way more conservative than draftniks when it comes to size for obvious reasons.

I generally agree with your point that all QBs can get hurt. But we don't know how being huge has helped those guys escape big injuries. As you mention, Ben plays through minor nicks all the time. If he wasn't so big, those minor nicks might be major injuries. It's just common sense that size/bulk help withstand punishment. NFL teams can draw their own conclusions though. As an aside, I'd be more comfortable with Russell Wilson's body type (talking strictly durability) than BWs. He's way more built and compact. BW has some thin ass ankles and skinny arms. As a draftnik, it's just a footnote I'll add to my scouting report. If I were a GM giving him millions and basing my job on his ability to be good and stay healthy? The thought process and research would be wayyyy different.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't think you should pass on him because of a lack of ideal size. I'm saying it's part of the conversation.

And NFL teams are way more conservative than draftniks when it comes to size for obvious reasons.

I generally agree with your point that all QBs can get hurt. But we don't know how being huge has helped those guys escape big injuries. As you mention, Ben plays through minor nicks all the time. If he wasn't so big, those minor nicks might be major injuries. It's just common sense that size/bulk help withstand punishment. NFL teams can draw their own conclusions though. As an aside, I'd be more comfortable with Russell Wilson's body type (talking strictly durability) than BWs. He's way more built and compact. BW has some thin ass ankles and skinny arms. As a draftnik, it's just a footnote I'll add to my scouting report. If I were a GM giving him millions and basing my job on his ability to be good and stay healthy? The thought process and research would be wayyyy different.
Unfortunately, draftnks don't have to take into account the money the #1 overall picks gets and how the GM will have to answer to the owner if he gets banged up too easily. It is easy for draftniks to say I'd take the risk, they have nothing on the line. GM's have their jobs on the line and it definitely impacts their decisions whether we like it or not.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Unfortunately, draftnks don't have to take into account the money the #1 overall picks gets and how the GM will have to answer to the owner if he gets banged up too easily. It is easy for draftniks to say I'd take the risk, they have nothing on the line. GM's have their jobs on the line and it definitely impacts their decisions whether we like it or not.
QB bust doesn't kill you like it used to, even if it's the number 1 pick it's about 20m which is the price of an average veteran QB (Carson Palmer for example and that's over 2 years not the 4 a rookie gets) not the 80m 50m+ guaranteed it used to be.

QB is just so important you have to risk it all to find one, especially if you love everything about them but ideal size.

What do the Texans do if not Bridgewater if he is their highest rated QB, give Cutler a 100m+ contract? Draft their 5th rated QB in the Second round and take Clowney?

To me if you have the chance to draft a highly rated QB on your board you take it as you never know if you will ever be in that position again.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
QB bust doesn't kill you like it used to, even if it's the number 1 pick it's about 20m which is the price of an average veteran QB (Carson Palmer for example and that's over 2 years not the 4 a rookie gets) not the 80m 50m+ guaranteed it used to be.

QB is just so important you have to risk it all to find one, especially if you love everything about them but ideal size.

What do the Texans do if not Bridgewater if he is their highest rated QB, give Cutler a 100m+ contract? Draft their 5th rated QB in the Second round and take Clowney?

To me if you have the chance to draft a highly rated QB on your board you take it as you never know if you will ever be in that position again.
There's a school of thought that would say that if you're not in love with the choice at #1 overall you shouldn't take it. Heck don't draft a premium QB at all. Picking a QB tops overall is a multiple year commitment to developing him and making him the face of the franchise. If they see something in Teddy they don't like they should hold off for another year and go with a safer pick for now.

but uh, they shouldn't do that.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I fully agree with most of this, all I'm saying is that Bridgewater isn't as highly rated as a prospect that RG111 was. He will need to impress on his pro day(likely he skips the Senior Bowl and Combine), or he could fall and be replaced by another QB who moves up into contention. I strongly believe that the Texans will draft a QB and Bridgewater is my current favourite to be the guy, but there are some questions where the post season will have an impact as it does for all prospects.

I agree 100% with your last statement, I'm just not prepared at this stage of the draft process to name Bridgewater as 100% guaranteed to be that guy.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think his frame will be an issue. As mentioned, he's really a pocket passer. If a team is worried he's too thin, they'll hire someone to follow him around and feed him cheeseburgers and protein shake.

As a QB who doesn't have a game based primarily on athleticism, you can get away with being in the least athletic physical shape of any player on the team (which is to say, still incredibly athletic.) So if you're just worried about him being frail, fatten him up like a baby seal.

It will certainly affect the grade some teams give him, though. There are still those GMs that have a box labeled (6'4"+, 230+) that has to be checked before they draft a QB.

Considering the Texans gave Case Keenum a go, they don't seem to be one of them.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Great read on Bridgewater

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/02/teddy-...014-nfl-draft/
Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brilliant use of Xbox by Bridgewater.lol

I still believe your franchise QB needs to be something of a football geek and Teddy is definitely that.

Bridgewater is the 1/1 pick in this draft for many of the same reasons Andrew Luck was; their QB training and analytical skillset from being coached in a full read progression offense, with the autonomy to call their own plays in the huddle, makes them more advanced prospects than their peers.

A no brainer pick IMO.

He's been coached to be a true NFL QB since day one at Louisville.

There's an assumption that most top QB prospects can learn these skills in the pros, but if you've never done read progressions until you get to the NFL there's no guarantee you'll learn or refine that skill at a high enough level once you get in the NFL.

In comparison this is why I believe Hundley absolutely needs to return to UCLA, for his own development.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Brilliant use of Xbox by Bridgewater.lol

I still believe your franchise QB needs to be something of a football geek and Teddy is definitely that.

Bridgewater is the 1/1 pick in this draft for many of the same reasons Andrew Luck was; their QB training and analytical skillset from being coached in a full read progression offense, with the autonomy to call their own plays in the huddle, makes them more advanced prospects than their peers.

A no brainer pick IMO.

He's been coached to be a true NFL QB since day one at Louisville.

There's an assumption that most top QB prospects can learn these skills in the pros, but if you've never done read progressions until you get to the NFL there's no guarantee you'll learn or refine that skill at a high enough level once you get in the NFL.

In comparison this is why I believe Hundley absolutely needs to return to UCLA, for his own development.
I have been so against the argument of taking Bridgewater solely because he's a QB and the Texans need a QB. However he does make the most sense. I do worry about some aspects of his game but no player is perfect. For the longest time I was seeing statements like "a QB can turn around a franchise. Look at Luck, Wilson etc" or "if you don't have a QB you need to get one". By taking this approach you get selections like Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeden etc, ie guys whose draft stock was overinflated based on the position they play.

That being said BOB is going to turn this guy into a stud. Brady had his best season under O'Brien. He turned Matt McGloin into a NFL caliber player. Matt McGloin!!! That guy should be working in Subway.

The only other QB who could threaten to overtake Teddy would be Manziel because of what he can do however I don't think he is a style fit with O'Brien. But Teddy has the types of qualities all great QBs need. A crazy work ethic, leadership and a drive for perfection.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it between Bridgewater and Broyles. BOB has dealt with lots of pocket passers and developed them very good. I think he will go with a pocket passer.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I think it between Bridgewater and Broyles. BOB has dealt with lots of pocket passers and developed them very good. I think he will go with a pocket passer.
Broyles as in Bortles i assume. One scenario i heard today would be for Houston to trade down and then take Bortles. Thought i guess is he's more in the big QB mold that BOB is used to. Brady, Hackenberg etc.

For me Houston should take Clowney, he's the best player in the draft and they can get themselves a veteran guy to see if they can turn things around. If it doesn't work out they have some really good QBs to pick from next year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before the year I thought Clowney was #1 overall and anyone who didnt take him #1 overall would be dumb.

I don't think that anymore. Clowney doesn't want to play football for the sake of playing football. That doesn't make him a bad prospect, it just makes him not a good enough prospect to be worth more as a DE than a QB. The Texans already have a DE as good as Clowney hopes to be and while you can never have enough DEs, you need a QB and the Texans are in the perfect spot for that transition. They can be good again quickly. They don't have to be back here next year where they could take a QB with the #7 pick or whatever.

My only worry with Teddy is his weight. He's a toothpick. He doesn't have a body like a WR like RG3, he has a body like a high schooler. Put some work in before the combine and show me that won't be a problem and he's good to go.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have a good defense and that is enough to win in the current NFL.

No Qb, or anemic offense is how you end up 2-14.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1292358033

Does he have a high school body? Does it look like he can put some weight on? why not.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Broyles as in Bortles i assume. One scenario i heard today would be for Houston to trade down and then take Bortles. Thought i guess is he's more in the big QB mold that BOB is used to. Brady, Hackenberg etc.

For me Houston should take Clowney, he's the best player in the draft and they can get themselves a veteran guy to see if they can turn things around. If it doesn't work out they have some really good QBs to pick from next year.
Brady at the combine was 211 lbs.
Bridgewater will be around the 200 lbs mark.
Both are in the 6'3 to 6'4 range.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1292358033

Does he have a high school body? Does it look like he can put some weight on? why not.
He definitely bulked up since HS, but how big was he as a prep??

I heard Bridgewater gained roughly 30# since entering Louisville, which means he was in the 175-185# range at Northwestern HS.