Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-02-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Does he have a high school body? Does it look like he can put some weight on? why not.
His upper body looks more developed than I expected in that picture but I'm more worried about his legs because that's what keeps you alive in the NFL. In that HS picture he looks like a WR that needs a RS year.

As an example here is a QB recruit in the 2014 class that I think has the potential for a prototypical NFL frame. I watched him in the NC/SC shrine bowl and thought he needed to put on 20 pounds before playing in college.

He looks almost as thick as Bridgewater now, but with no definition.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People talk about adding weight like it is easy for everybody. Many NFLers maxed out in college and couldn't add a pound at the next level no matter how hard they tried. Some bodies are just made that way. Now, I don't know if Teddy can add 15 to 20lbs., his body may not be built for it and you could be struck with a 195-200 lber. Some people are just naturally skinny and it is up to scouts to factor that in. However, when I see scouts saying he is thin in his lower body, I'm assuming that they have factored in how much weight they think he can gain and are still worried about the final package.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would think modern football pad technology would make gaining weight for QBs insignificant.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy will be fine I think and add on weight through out his career. He is athletic but scrambling and getting hit isn't his strength compared to the likes of other former #1 overall QB's (Luck and Newton for example).

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Teddy will be fine I think and add on weight through out his career. He is athletic but scrambling and getting hit isn't his strength compared to the likes of other former #1 overall QB's (Luck and Newton for example).
He'll run a good 40 and people will want to believe he's more athletic than he really is to talk him up more. He is definitely a first rounder, but number one overall is setting him up to fail with excessive expectations.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Still, pocket QB's get flushed out all the time and are forced to scramble where they can get hit or, even staying in the pocket, they can get blown up from their blindside and not see or feel a hit coming.

Every QB is a threat to be injured at any time whether he stays in the pocket or not, NFL QB's all take a huge beating during the season, so the question of his build could give some GM's hesitation in drafting him. At least, it will be really exciting to find out who the #1 pick ends up being.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would honestly bet my bottom dollar he ends up the pick, especially with O'Brian now the HC. He wants his QB on this already talented team, and he has to already know the guy he is targeting to take the job this quick. Manziel has to many question marks to be #1 and Bortles isn't a plug and play right away prospect at QB.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You would think modern football pad technology would make gaining weight for QBs insignificant.
Not really much you can do when youre dealing with force equal to a golf club hitting a golf ball that goes 300 yards
Old 01-02-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
He'll run a good 40 and people will want to believe he's more athletic than he really is to talk him up more. He is definitely a first rounder, but number one overall is setting him up to fail with excessive expectations.
No its not, hes the best QB prospect in the draft and a solid one at that. He is on par with Ryan, and I can guarantee you that if you ask the Phins if they could redo that draft...that they would take Matt Ryan 10 times out of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I fully agree that at this point in the draft process, Bridgewater is clearly the #1 guy by quite a bit with Manziel #2. It will take a magnificent post season by somebody else at the Senior Bowl or the Combine or at their Pro Day to have any chance to unseat him.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-03-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
No its not, hes the best QB prospect in the draft and a solid one at that. He is on par with Ryan, and I can guarantee you that if you ask the Phins if they could redo that draft...that they would take Matt Ryan 10 times out of 10.
I believe his arm strength is better than Ryan's so his upside is even greater. He has it all IMO.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Should be like Brady and where protection everywhere , makes Brady look bigger than he actually is. He's probably around 215 in the NFL now and he has 2 inches on Teddy.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I believe his arm strength is better than Ryan's so his upside is even greater. He has it all IMO.
I have him ranked higher than I would have with Ryan and I agree about the arm strength. Was just using Ryan as a comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Ryan sucks, so there's that

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 4h
I have Bridgewater as a top 10 talent in this draft but I know several teams that don't view him as a 1st round player.
Interesting.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I watch of Bridgewater the more I like him. The questions about his arm strength seem like the same questions that come with every QB who doesn't have a cannon.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed a lot of media personalities, Mel Kiper, Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and a few others don't seem to think he's really worth the #1 pick. Pretty interesting. We'll see what happens. Last year at this time everyone had Geno Smith, Jarvis Jones and Damontre Moore going in the top 5. I would be stunned if Teddy didn't go top 5 though.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him quite a bit. I think he's worth the #1, no problem. He looks like a pretty good prospect to me; definitely the best one in the class.

Of course, I've been burned by a Louisville QB before...

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides with his feet(where TB doesn't make a ton of impact really), what does Bridgewater do better than Mccarron?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I like him quite a bit. I think he's worth the #1, no problem. He looks like a pretty good prospect to me; definitely the best one in the class.

Of course, I've been burned by a Louisville QB before...

Todd McShay: "Two years from now it wouldn't shock me if he was the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers. I still think Aaron Rodgers has a chance, but Brian Brohms upside is greater than that of Aaron Rodgers."

Paraphrasing of course
Old 01-16-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Besides with his feet(where TB doesn't make a ton of impact really), what does Bridgewater do better than Mccarron?
Stronger arm, more consistently accurate, able to roll out of the pocket effectively, makes better decisions, and handles pressure better. Other than that though they're more or less the same guy....
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Everything?

What kind of question is that?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A taller Geno Smith.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A taller Geno Smith.
Geno measured 6-3 at the combine. My guess is Teddy will be 6-2 tops.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy's floor is Akili Smith, his ceiling is Donovan McNabb.

If he goes to Houston, he'll probably be closer to Donovan than Akili