Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-02-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and then how do i install kit kat

cyanogenmod?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You need to find a stable version of a rom that has kitkat first. If cyanogen has it you can go that route.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4.3 what the fuuuuuuuu
Old 01-03-2014, 12:42 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of hate for 4.3. What's wrong with it?

Also got my 10,000mah battery. I now have a giant phone and love it. Battery life for days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't 95% of us had 4.3 forever?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Haven't 95% of us had 4.3 forever?
I just got it on the VZW S4 recently and it seems to be more stable. I have no problem with it so far.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

yeah, i don't get the complaints. it's the same ****, but the colors are different and the lock screen doesn't suck. what are you people whining about?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's funny how rotten and fractured the manufacturers manage to mangle Android.

As a developer it pisses me off to no end. Ridonk that Samsung is only now pushing a build that is a half year old. They really do suck.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

it's the one thing that i think apple does extremely well, though it also introduces weakness. it is massively annoying that i have to wait for samsung to decide i can have a new version, then i have to wait again for verizon to pack in it's own bloat. it's unreal.

whatever, i'll root shortly.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'll root shortly.
Same here... I couldn't get the Nexus 5 on Verizon to avoid the fragmentation, bloatware and the terrible UI but the Note 3 is an incredible phone and once I get a more stock UI I will be elated.

Apparently a VERY unstable version of CyanogenMod 11 (4.4) is available for the Note 3. Hopefully when 4.4 is actually released for the Note 3 this month the development on the Mods will speed up considerably.

On a different but related note, everyone who sees my phone screams "LOOK HOW BIG THAT THING IS". I don't even notice it anymore and everything else seems tiny in comparison. Just something to keep in mind for those considering the Note.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
On a different but related note, everyone who sees my phone screams "LOOK HOW BIG THAT THING IS". I don't even notice it anymore and everything else seems tiny in comparison. Just something to keep in mind for those considering the Note.
i try to tell everyone this. it just isn't that big once you've been using it for a few days. it fits well in a pocket (if you're not wearing emo jeans), it's mostly easy to one hand (and i'm the tiny hands guy from the BK commercial). it's awesome.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just going to get my next phone from Google Play store. I got my current phone (Galaxy Nexus) from there and I don't see myself getting another directly from the carrier again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get one from the apple store.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope my current phone lasts long enough for the next nexus phone. That is the phone that I want. I miss my immediate updates from google that I had with the Nexus.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i try to tell everyone this. it just isn't that big once you've been using it for a few days. it fits well in a pocket (if you're not wearing emo jeans), it's mostly easy to one hand (and i'm the tiny hands guy from the BK commercial). it's awesome.
I like my S4 but I kind of wish I had waited for the Note III release.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My S4's wifi has gone to crap since I got 4.3...it rarely turns on. Also most pics I snap get corrupted. Never happened with 4.2.2

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
My S4's wifi has gone to crap since I got 4.3...it rarely turns on. Also most pics I snap get corrupted. Never happened with 4.2.2
Interesting. My wifi has actually gotten better. I used to have to go into the Samsung Service Mode and disable wifi power save mode. If I didn't my wifi would randomly disconnect and I'd have to toggle wifi off and back on before it would even see available networks. Haven't had that issue since 4.3 update.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I turn mine off or have to restart my phone it won't turn on. It'll shade green like it's about to turn on, stay that way for a while and turn back off.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-03-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i think it's just you. your phone, your car, they all seem to stop working.

seriously though, take that **** into a store. or factory reset it.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

I tried flashing the gummy 4.4 rom but apparently you need to have twrp 2.6.3.1 which idk how to get. I did flash AOKP 4.3 which I kinda like and fixed my issues so far.

Edit: wooooooooh I flashed cyanfox 4.4 KitKat. I'm going to see how smooth this ROM runs.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 01-04-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i got cyanogen mod working last night, very smooth much better than the LG/AT&T BS

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not just his phone. It's Android. Android sucks. They work like a million bucks for a year then they start crapping out on you.

That's why I made the switch to begin with.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

That's not true. My other droids worked great for a lobg time. I just had a glitchy 4.3 rom that was fine until Christmas eve.

Hopefully this 4.4 rom is stable.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 01-05-2014, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still haven't gotten 4.3 for my Verizon HTC One. I may have messed something up.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming up in the next couple months I'll be due an upgrade via Verizon.. any phone recommendations?

I currently have the Motorola RAZR, and I've had the HTC EVO and EVO 3D at Sprint.. I don't want an iPhone but want the next best thing.

I did some comparisons and found that the new LG G2 rated well. I just, really don't know.