Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDudeV2 View Post
They didn't want to be in that game. They had already lost their season. It was National Championship or bust for 'Bama.
I understand this to a degree. But they had a ******* month to get over it. As a football player, and as a football team, you should want to win your next game no matter what the circumstances. Yeah, it's not the championship, but it's still a football game. It's horrible and pathetic leadership by the coaches and captains if they can't get their team ready to play for a bowl game.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Yeah, you gotta leave while your name is hot. Ferentz waited too long IMO, Stoops still has a few years but he's been mentioned for 10 years and it may pass him up if thats something he wants to try
I also think the luster of being a Belichek guy has lost a ton of its luster.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'brien is firing everyone and appointing RAC to defensive coordinator.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I understand this to a degree. But they had a ******* month to get over it. As a football player, and as a football team, you should want to win your next game no matter what the circumstances. Yeah, it's not the championship, but it's still a football game. It's horrible and pathetic leadership by the coaches and captains if they can't get their team ready to play for a bowl game.
This times a million.

That was the worst anti-stoops or any coach, argument I've ever heard.

"The other team wasn't up to it because they were still crying over their loss a month ago and didn't want a BCS win that wasn't the championship.

Mhm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
O'brien is firing everyone and appointing RAC to defensive coordinator.
As long as he stays there and never has to head coach lol

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns requested to interview James Franklin.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munchak has reportedly been let go as Titans head coach
Old 01-04-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be into bringing Wade back to SD
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Browns requested to interview James Franklin.

Franklin is an a good college coach, and I believe he is a superstar in the making...however he screams college to me. He has so much charisma, and relates so well to kids...I don't know how well he'd do with NFL style guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I would be into bringing Wade back to SD
I want him in Philly...back off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Franklin is an a good college coach, and I believe he is a superstar in the making...however he screams college to me. He has so much charisma, and relates so well to kids...I don't know how well he'd do with NFL style guys.

I want him in Philly...back off!
he was ours first!

Pagano is :(
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha there you go buddy, rumor is they are interested in Mangini though.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-04-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Haha there you go buddy, rumor is they are interested in Mangini though.
Why you gotta bring me down...
Old 01-04-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Mangini does a good job of preparing his teams. His career may have gone differently if he weren't coaching with garbage at quarterback for his entire career. He's spent pretty much his entire time coaching, outside of a year and a half of Pennington, with Kellen Clemens, old Brett Favre, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, and Seneca Wallace.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I actually think Mangini does a good job of preparing his teams. His career may have gone differently if he weren't coaching with garbage at quarterback for his entire career. He's spent pretty much his entire time coaching, outside of a year and a half of Pennington, with Kellen Clemens, old Brett Favre, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, and Seneca Wallace.
You could do a lot worse than Eric Mangini in my honest opinion. I'm currently working on a list of my top choices for the open position.

With Mangini, I think if you can pair him with a proven OC then you are going to have a well developed, well rounded team. It's all about pairing him with an OC I think.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So he got fired because he couldn't win with Ryan Fitzpatrick. OK.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Nope. He got fired because he refused to clean house with his assistant coaches, supposedly. They are saying that they gave him the chance to come back if he agreed to overhaul his staff, he refused, so they parted ways.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
You could do a lot worse than Eric Mangini in my honest opinion. I'm currently working on a list of my top choices for the open position.

With Mangini, I think if you can pair him with a proven OC then you are going to have a well developed, well rounded team. It's all about pairing him with an OC I think.
I was just ******* with you haha i wanted to see where it went.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
No, he got fired because he couldn't win with anyone. Because he ran an undisciplined team, constantly played down to the level of opponents and only won 6 of 18 divisional games in 3 years.

I love Mike Munchak, but he wasn't a good coach.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, he got fired because he couldn't win with anyone. Because he ran an undisciplined team, constantly played down to the level of opponents and only won 6 of 18 divisional games in 3 years.

I love Mike Munchak, but he wasn't a good coach.
Looked like they were going to win when Locker was healthy so he was doomed when Jake went down.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe that Houston let Wade go. He completely turned that D around.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
I cannot believe that Houston let Wade go. He completely turned that D around.
They probably were worried he would undermine the new coach in respect for the team. It's a tough situation.

Come on Ravens bring him in. Every fan is praying for Phillips right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for us to some how grab Turner and Phillips as OC and DC. 2 great minds who will never be HCs would be perfect for stability.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland fans, what are you thinking about Stoops?

Honestly, I don't know if Stoops is good NFL type of coach. He translate more into mismatches in college than in the NFL.

Also, I hate Mangini after reading the little blurb in Nate Jackson's book about his short time with him. Seemed like he was trying too much to do "silly" stuff.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Sorry. But it's true. The players were going for a National Championship. So when they were put in a lesser (albeit still huge) bowl with a team they were thoroughly expected to crush (did anyone actually think Oklahoma would compete? When was the last time they were actually relevant?), they just didn't care and didn't show up. Say what you want about Bama or Saban, but that is simply what happened. It does matter how "good" a coach is if none of the players didn't care about the game. The Bama that showed up to play Oklahoma played a lot differently than they had the entire season. No fire, no passion. By the time they turned it on, it was too late as Oklahoma with momentum can be an impossible team to stop.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheDudeV2 View Post
Sorry. But it's true. The players were going for a National Championship. So when they were put in a lesser (albeit still huge) bowl with a team they were thoroughly expected to crush (did anyone actually think Oklahoma would compete? When was the last time they were actually relevant?), they just didn't care and didn't show up. Say what you want about Bama or Saban, but that is simply what happened. It does matter how "good" a coach is if none of the players didn't care about the game. The Bama that showed up to play Oklahoma played a lot differently than they had the entire season. No fire, no passion. By the time they turned it on, it was too late as Oklahoma with momentum can be an impossible team to stop.
This is a crock.

This year's Alabama squad simply wasn't as dominant as past teams.
They lost to OU because they got beat, not because they were unmotivated.

I don't care what your aspirations were to start the season, no serious college football player goes into a BCS game against the Sooners and believes they're going to blow them out just by stepping on the field.

Alabama beat up on a ton of mediocre to bad teams this year. If they thought they were about to play Chattanooga, Arkansas or Georgia State, they got what they deserved for being arrogant and stupid.

No, those Tide players at least on paper thought OU was a worthy opponent.
They were simply outplayed by a Sooners team that collectively played their 'A game'.

The reality check for Alabama is they have no top tier pass rushers, their Oline is overrated this year and AJ McCarron can't handle consistent pressure in the pocket.