Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I trust Tom. When it's time for the young guys to play, they'll play. We don't see their progressions in practice. Hankins got significant playing time towards the end of the season without an injury to induce it. They'll play the best guys.

You want to play the young guys, but a lot of these young guys suck. Diehl plays because sadly, it's the best option. Moore didn't look that great when he played, and it's not like he's first round pick sitting on the bench. Pugh played every snap. Wilson was given the load and got hurt. Randle led the team in TDs. Hosley was hurt all year and painfully average when played. Robinson clearly isn't ready and then hurt again.

I know Moore is "your" guy. But maybe he isn't as good as you think.
Pugh only played because he was last man standing at the time though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well that's where Mara or Reese needs to step in and tell Coughlin the deal.
I think that may actually be in play with the OC search, I think Sullivan is Coughlin's guy
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Pugh only played because he was last man standing at the time though.
Maybe, maybe not. It was still kind of early. I think he would have played somewhere. Maybe not RT but somewhere.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Maybe, maybe not. It was still kind of early. I think he would have played somewhere. Maybe not RT but somewhere.

I doubt it, Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Diehl. I think that would have been the line if everyone was healthy. With maybe Pugh taking over for Diehl if he played poorly (in midseason).
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Sounds like Mara really wants a philosophical change on offense. I really hope that happens.
That is what I am thinking too, hence the Loggains, McAdoo and Dorrell interviews.

It will be interesting to see how much change there will be.

Actually all three of those guys use zone blocking systems
Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still can't believe this idiot is going to be back on our sideline next year. I really hope that tweet posted earlier is wrong. How can Reese say everyone is on notice before this season, have us play the way we did, and then keep coaches like Fewell and Quinn. There needs to be a bigger change than just a new OC (which is only happening because Gilbride retired). And if we hire Sullivan then there might as well have been no changes at all to the coaching staff.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I can believe Fewell will be back, the unit did ok over the back end of last season.

I suspect talent will be attributed as a big factor and of course the offense.

I think he is solid but nothing special

I wonder if we do look at including some different looks/options?

Considering we are going to have a reasonable degree of change of the playing roster, maybe we can look to overhaul things a little?
Old 01-09-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. Perry was killed by the lack of pass rush. My main gripe was the lack of blitzes and creative blitzes. A healthy JPP fixes mostly everything. The run D was so good. We could also use more secondary help
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Meh. Perry was killed by the lack of pass rush. My main gripe was the lack of blitzes and creative blitzes. A healthy JPP fixes mostly everything. The run D was so good. We could also use more secondary help
Fewell is not a blitz heavy guy (like many tampa 2 based defences)

I am not sure a healthy JPP fixes everything. Should we even rely on him being healthy.

We have some players with big cap numbers that needs to be addressed.

Tuck wants to be back but won't take a hometown discount to do so

Kiwanuka is not worth his $7,050,000 cap number

Rolle is 31 and has a cap number of $9,250,000, which is much higher than the position franchise number. Will he take a pay cut? should we extend him.

Joseph is a free agent and will be in demand, what is he worth?

Webster is not the player he used to be with a cap number of $2,250,000

Thomas wants to return, but wants to be a starter, how much is he worth?

Beason wants to return, but how much is he worth considering his injury history?

What do we do with Rivers, Paysinger and Herzlich all of whom are off contract?

Stevie Brown wants to return but what is a reasonable price?

Will Hill's off-field dramas continue with a very real chance of a substanital suspension, should we rely on him?

If Tuck and Kiwi depart, we have JPP (who couldn't stay healthy) and Moore (who is unproven) and no-one
Old 01-09-2014, 09:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this wait for a new OC is having me gas. I want to know now who our new OC is.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW both Jerry Reese and John Mara continuously harped on how bad the offense was in radio interviews today. I'd guess they go very offense-heavy during this draft.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
FWIW both Jerry Reese and John Mara continuously harped on how bad the offense was in radio interviews today. I'd guess they go very offense-heavy during this draft.
Yeah he was def. not happy with my side of the ball. Moreover, he added big personnel changes too. This off season is going be exciting.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won't have an OC named until at least next week. Interviews are scheduled for this weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really sounds like we want to try a new system guys. I'm kind of excited about that. If you heard the interviews Mara stressed how a new voice, a new system is needed.

I really hope it happens. NO OPTION ROUTES!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hope so but I'm not getting excited until it actually happens.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so jinxing it bro. What ya gonna do about it?

The Giants are running a WCO next year. LOCK. IT. UP.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A simple drag route would be nice every once in a while.

I think about Rivers and everyone talks about his resurgence, but 80% of his passes are drag routes to his small receivers or dump off to Woodhead and other RBs.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah easy passes. We have none in our playbook. Drags, slants, checkdowns, screens, we just have none of that or we suck at it (screens).

We need a lot more of that.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Please there's nothing better to do than throw a 45 yard pass down the sidelines when it's 35 degrees out in the swirling winds of the Meadowlands. 100% success rate and the D never sees it coming!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. Not to mention you know our offensive line will be able to block long enough to throw that 45 yard route down the sideline.

That's what killed me with Gilbride. His ability to make changes during the game, or even in the short-term were god awful. How long did it take Eli getting murdered before we finally saw some quick three step drops? Weeks upon weeks. Why not run quick drags and slants when your OL can't block? We have quick/physical receivers who can get off the press and make things happen. NOPE CHANNEL YOUR REX GROSSMAN BABY, CAUSE **** IT I'M GOING DEEP.

The funniest thing with Gilbride is you could literally predict almost every play. First down: throw the ball deep and catch them defense off guard! Second down: after an in completion, run the ball for a small gain. Third and long, draw out of the shotgun. Short of the first down. Or just an incomplete pass where Eli is bombing it deep.

So lame. And I am a positive person, but I can't foresee us making big changes to the offense when we won't even bring in Norv Turner for an interview. Or Chud. Just TRY interviewing them.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's so true. I always joked with friends and family when we watched games I literally knew what play was coming like 80% of the time. It was ridiculous. Maybe that's bc we saw the same offense for damn near 10 years, and you get used to it after awhile, but it's still ridiculous how predictable we were.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

What is with this love for Chud? I way more excited for these younger coaches to be interviewed than I would be for him.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's an extremely creative offensive player caller and adapts his schemes to the players he has. That alone is important if you ask me.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just want change. I don't care who it is. Just give me a new scheme with no or minimal option routes. That's all I want.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yup. Not to mention you know our offensive line will be able to block long enough to throw that 45 yard route down the sideline.

That's what killed me with Gilbride. His ability to make changes during the game, or even in the short-term were god awful. How long did it take Eli getting murdered before we finally saw some quick three step drops? Weeks upon weeks. Why not run quick drags and slants when your OL can't block? We have quick/physical receivers who can get off the press and make things happen. NOPE CHANNEL YOUR REX GROSSMAN BABY, CAUSE **** IT I'M GOING DEEP.

The funniest thing with Gilbride is you could literally predict almost every play. First down: throw the ball deep and catch them defense off guard! Second down: after an in completion, run the ball for a small gain. Third and long, draw out of the shotgun. Short of the first down. Or just an incomplete pass where Eli is bombing it deep.

So lame. And I am a positive person, but I can't foresee us making big changes to the offense when we won't even bring in Norv Turner for an interview. Or Chud. Just TRY interviewing them.

I agree so much with this, and it wasn't just changing what didn't work. We'd be successful on plays and he would go away from them. Its like he had all his plays scripted and thats the order they were being run no matter what.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote