Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-12-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers reportedly have plans to promote QB Coach Frank Reich to Offensive Coordinator if Whisenhunt departs. There is also talk of Whisenhunt taking Reich with him to be OC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...r-void-appears

I wonder if we are interested in interviewing Reich for our OC job. Mara did hint they were looking for other candidates.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Newsday, the Giants are considering moving Cullen Jenkins to DE.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...on_strong.html
Old 01-13-2014, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
According to Newsday, the Giants are considering moving Cullen Jenkins to DE.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...on_strong.html

Uhhhh, are they planning to move to the 3-4?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Uhhhh, are they planning to move to the 3-4?
No I just think a physical 4-3 LDE, I guess it is possible we want to play a 5 tech like Seattle plays.

I guess the return of Tuck and Kiwanuka is very much up in the air
Old 01-13-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this mean we're definitely getting Linval back also then?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd sign Linval or Raji, whoever comes cheaper.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linval is less of a name so I would imagine he would.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chargers reportedly have plans to promote QB Coach Frank Reich to Offensive Coordinator if Whisenhunt departs. There is also talk of Whisenhunt taking Reich with him to be OC.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...r-void-appears

I wonder if we are interested in interviewing Reich for our OC job. Mara did hint they were looking for other candidates.
I remember him! Bills QB who played against the Oilers I think in the playoffs and brought the Bills back from a huge deficit.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yup still the biggest comeback in playoff history I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Colts just broke that record actually.

If we do go with a 4-3 Under style of defense I would be in favor of a rushbacker type to play SAM for us, like Vic Beasley. It would take some creativity on defense though to use him to his max potential and I just don't see us doing that.

I really have no idea what we're going to do or what we're doing. We won't know what's going on until FA is over. Too many holes and too much uncertainty with the FAs and coaches for us to really know or predict anything right now.

All I know is, I would love for us to go after Greg Hardy and/or FA OLmen this year.

I didn't know Anthony Collins was a FA. I would go after him. He's lowkey a very good OT.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I remember him! Bills QB who played against the Oilers I think in the playoffs and brought the Bills back from a huge deficit.
That is him, I remember the game

Any thoughts of him as an OC option?
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is him, I remember the game

Any thoughts of him as an OC option?
I don't know his work. I do like how these other teams are turning over every rock. I wish we would do that. Best hire was Spags who I didn't know and thought it was a great find.

But I wish we had better OC options coming in for interviews.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Besides Norv/Chud who else would you bring in? I'd love to get Carmichael from New Orleans but that would be a lateral move for him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Besides Norv/Chud who else would you bring in? I'd love to get Carmichael from New Orleans but that would be a lateral move for him.
I am not sure. I would think the Giants would have a list of assistants that are young and promising. Just like I wasn't sure who Spags was but I liked how he coached every position on defense. I like his aggressive nature and learned under Jim J. So I loved that hire.

That's the ONLY hire I agreed on and supported. I disliked Hufangel hire, Lewis, Sheridan and Fewell.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

David Diehl expected to retire. Thanks for being a big part of the 2 SB's!!!! A true Giant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Dave! I know we gave him a lot of crap lately but Diehl is a true Giant and he was a major player in our 2 SBs. A pro's pro. He'll be missed.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Diehl was a key player with his versatility and reliability. Unsung hero for the two SB teams.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thanks Dave! I know we gave him a lot of crap lately but Diehl is a true Giant and he was a major player in our 2 SBs. A pro's pro. He'll be missed.
Yup not his fault Coughlin kept rolling him out there when he was past his prime. Hell of a career for a 5th round pick and an instrumental part of the great and possibly best OL in the NFL those few years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Now hopefully Snee retires too. I'd like to see Snee retire. Another great for us during our run, but it's time to move on.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Now hopefully Snee retires too. I'd like to see Snee retire. Another great for us during our run, but it's time to move on.
He won't retire because then he's giving up any guaranteed money remaining on the last year of this deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
He won't retire because then he's giving up any guaranteed money remaining on the last year of this deal.
Uh oh. And the Giants won't cut him either...

I guess we have to just upgrade C, LG, and LT and hope Snee can hold up at RG. Sign back Boothe as a C/RG backup.

So that means we'll have the following on our OL next year: Pugh, Beatty and Snee.

So:

LT: Beatty
LG: ???
C: ???
RG: Snee
RT: Pugh

??? If they want to give Beatty another year at LT, and they keep Pugh at RT and Snee at RG, then it's C and LG that needs upgrades.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Uh oh. And the Giants won't cut him either...

I guess we have to just upgrade C, LG, and LT and hope Snee can hold up at RG. Sign back Boothe as a C/RG backup.

So that means we'll have the following on our OL next year: Pugh, Beatty and Snee.

So:

LT: Beatty
LG: ???
C: ???
RG: Snee
RT: Pugh

??? If they want to give Beatty another year at LT, and they keep Pugh at RT and Snee at RG, then it's C and LG that needs upgrades.
They would cut him. They aren't going to let his relationship with Coughlin take up all that cap space. They might cut him and re-sign him to a team friendly deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am pretty sure that if you retire it is essentially the same as if you are cut and that the guaranteed money is still paid out. (often this is the pro-rata portion of the signing bonus)
Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I don't know his work. I do like how these other teams are turning over every rock. I wish we would do that. Best hire was Spags who I didn't know and thought it was a great find.

But I wish we had better OC options coming in for interviews.
I wouldn't be surprised if we keep interviewing guys off playoff teams as they become available.

I have to admit the Spags hire was good, but not many fans knew about him.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mmm, it might not be that lateral of a move. Doesn't Payton call the plays? Everyone knows its pretty much all Payton's system and he's the offensive guru. Carmichael might feel like he needs to be "the guy" as an offensive coordinator to get a head coaching position.