Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-10-2014, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Personally I would love to get Robinson in the first, not sure they would take a RT in the top 10 with no near future plans on moving him to LT, I also love the offensive line you constructed. However that is alot of money and resources tied up in the offensive line, not sure I see it, or rather the front office going that rounte.
I think eventually Robinson and Glenn would switch sides, Glenn isn't a top LT but would be a complete stud on the right side.

Not sure La'el Collins will last till round 2 although with close to a 100 juniors declaring, you never know. If Wilson doesn't want to invest, nothing new IMO, then we aren't going to advance much beyond where we are and Manual will continue to get hurt.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
An ideal offseason for me:

Draft:
  1. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
  2. La'el Collins, OG, LSU

Free Agency:
  • Geoff Schwartz

LT: Cordy Glenn
LG: La'el Collins
C: Eric Wood
RG: Geoff Schwartz
RT: Greg Robinson

Go get a guy like James Jones in FA, maybe CJ Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Andrew Jackson in the 4th.
I'm similar except I like Ryan Groy. Either way we need a new starting LG next season, and I'd like a new RT as well, which would be accomplished with Robinson and Collins/Groy and I also like Chris Burnette depending on how things shake out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think eventually Robinson and Glenn would switch sides, Glenn isn't a top LT but would be a complete stud on the right side.
I agree. I've been against moving Glenn, I actually think he's been very good on the left side, but if we were able to get a player like Robinson, then I'd consider the switch. He'd start at RT then move based on play.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not sure La'el Collins will last till round 2 although with close to a 100 juniors declaring, you never know. If Wilson doesn't want to invest, nothing new IMO, then we aren't going to advance much beyond where we are and Manual will continue to get hurt.
Glenn moving to RT is . I would love to see them draft Robinson, and have avocated for years for a draft _______, and move Glenn to RT, but nothing they have done or said for two years now leads me to believe they are considering it. I thought Glenn dominated down the stretch in particular and I saw some Orlando Pancake Pace in his play myself.

Saying he isnt a top LT I think is just silly at this point, and at least Pro Football Focus agree's with me: "Stud: The team drafted Cordy Glenn (+23.0) to be a stud left tackle, and a stud left tackle he has become. A superb pass blocker, Glenn has allayed any fears of those who figured hed be a guard in the pros." I believe they also ranked him as the 3rd best pass blocking LT in football.... I think I read that somewhere. Glenn to RT =

I missed one LSU game this year, the first in a while, and I would be more surprised if Collins went in the first this year. IMO the depth at the top of this draft is more likely to push him into the third than up to the first. But thats just my opinion.

Regardless they should invest a couple of their picks to the oline IMO as well. Honestly I would love to see them land Robinson and say Su'a-filo in the first two rounds to play RT and LG/RG respectively.

Would they do some thing like that?

Glenn to RT though...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case anyone didn't see, Mike Pettine is interviewing for the Browns' HC position today. It's only a matter of 'til he gets a head coaching gig :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
In case anyone didn't see, Mike Pettine is interviewing for the Browns' HC position today. It's only a matter of 'til he gets a head coaching gig :(
Thanks for posting, I had not seen that. I think next year he will start getting some serious consideration if the defense continues on its current coarse. I dont see him getting a HC job this year, but agree its likely just a matter of time. This to me would indicate that he is now a passanger on the HC train.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Glenn moving to RT is . I would love to see them draft Robinson, and have avocated for years for a draft _______, and move Glenn to RT, but nothing they have done or said for two years now leads me to believe they are considering it. I thought Glenn dominated down the stretch in particular and I saw some Orlando Pancake Pace in his play myself.

Saying he isnt a top LT I think is just silly at this point, and at least Pro Football Focus agree's with me: "Stud: The team drafted Cordy Glenn (+23.0) to be a stud left tackle, and a stud left tackle he has become. A superb pass blocker, Glenn has allayed any fears of those who figured hed be a guard in the pros." I believe they also ranked him as the 3rd best pass blocking LT in football.... I think I read that somewhere. Glenn to RT =

I missed one LSU game this year, the first in a while, and I would be more surprised if Collins went in the first this year. IMO the depth at the top of this draft is more likely to push him into the third than up to the first. But thats just my opinion.

Regardless they should invest a couple of their picks to the oline IMO as well. Honestly I would love to see them land Robinson and say Su'a-filo in the first two rounds to play RT and LG/RG respectively.

Would they do some thing like that?

Glenn to RT though...
I haven't researched it fully, but I don't think Collins declared but don't quote me. If he did, he has 1st round potential.

Glenn is a stud run blocker but IMO, he isn't a stud as a pass blocker no matter what PFF said. If we want to be competitive, the OL had better be a priority although I really don't think Robinson lasts till our pick but there are 2 other decent OT prospects in this year's draft.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I haven't researched it fully, but I don't think Collins declared but don't quote me. If he did, he has 1st round potential.

Glenn is a stud run blocker but IMO, he isn't a stud as a pass blocker no matter what PFF said. If we want to be competitive, the OL had better be a priority although I really don't think Robinson lasts till our pick but there are 2 other decent OT prospects in this year's draft.
1st round potential, Collins did not declare and is returning for his senior year. Surprising to me, but it should work out for him, one of the few Tigers latley to do the right thing.

I think Glenn is turning into an all around stud right infornt of our eyes. I disagree with the your pass protector opinion, but to each their own.

I do agree with the offensive line needing to be a priority, still not sure they will spend a top ten pick on it. Too much money and draft resources invested, it would be seemingly out of the norm.

Last edited by Poz51 : 01-17-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I do agree with the offensive line needing to be a priority, still not sure they will spend a top ten pick on it. Too much money and draft resources invested, it would be seemingly out of the norm.
This is why our team has no hope as long as Wilson owns the team, he simply doesn't have the resources to compete, so 9-7 is about the best we can ever accomplish while he owns the team.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordy Glenn is a beast.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Cordy Glenn is a beast.
Tell it to Manual who is injured all the time.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Bills left tackle Cordy Glenn has had a solid season thus far. Hes been ranked in the top 10 among left tackles by Pro Football Focus virtually all year long. But now hes cracked the top three.
According to Pro Football Focus film reviewers and stat crunchers, Glenn ranks third-best in the league in pass blocking efficiency. The only left tackles in the league that are faring better are a couple of Joes.
- http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/cordy-glenn/

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you watch the games? It seems that you just assume everything written about him as a prospect is fact.

Last edited by Rob S : 01-18-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Does anybody follow the NFL All Pro teams or even the Pro Bowl invitees:

All Pro OT's and they all play LT:

Joe Thomas Cleveland
Jason Peters Philly
Tyron Smith Dallas
Joe Staley San Fran

Added pro Bowlers and they are all LT's:
Branden Albert KC
Trent Williams Washington
Duane Brown Houston

Gee, I don't see Glenn among them. Please don't quote a useless web site like PFF, their observations are just way out in left field.

Glenn is a great run blocker but his pass protection leaves a lot to be desired, he's average at best on the left side but could be a real stud on the right side, and if we want to keep our QB's healthy, drafting a true LT is the way to go plus a couple of interior linemen.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

He gave up 1.5 sacks this season. What are you talking about.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Jim Schwartz as DC, thumbs up? thumbs down? Thoughts....
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Does anybody follow the NFL All Pro teams or even the Pro Bowl invitees:

All Pro OT's and they all play LT:

Joe Thomas Cleveland
Jason Peters Philly
Tyron Smith Dallas
Joe Staley San Fran

Added pro Bowlers and they are all LT's:
Branden Albert KC
Trent Williams Washington
Duane Brown Houston

Gee, I don't see Glenn among them. Please don't quote a useless web site like PFF, their observations are just way out in left field.

Glenn is a great run blocker but his pass protection leaves a lot to be desired, he's average at best on the left side but could be a real stud on the right side, and if we want to keep our QB's healthy, drafting a true LT is the way to go plus a couple of interior linemen.
PFF is being mentioned on espn and or the major networks during commentary. Don't think useless is completely fair, NBC sports network has used them since I got the channel.

Olineman in the pro bowl... Ruben "there's my QB, have at it" Brown made it for years off of reputation, onlinemen routinely make it off reputation, Trent Williams is a pro bowler the same as I am a professional scout. Watched every skins game, don't see it. Glenn was way more deserving and I don't think it's close.

If the bills offense can become productive Glenn's name will start being mentioned like he should. 3/5 of the line was a siv this year.

Last edited by Poz51 : 01-28-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Jim Schwartz as DC, thumbs up? thumbs down? Thoughts....
It has to be a thumbs up. Losing Pettine was a tough blow, for sure. But the defense might just be better next year. They won't be getting 57 sacks again but I'll take 40 as long as we are not getting gashed in the running game.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:46 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Ebron in the discussion to give Mauel an elite weapon? I originally mocked you guys an OT. Thinking of dropping Ebron in my next mock. Any thoughts.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
Eric Ebron in the discussion to give Mauel an elite weapon? I originally mocked you guys an OT. Thinking of dropping Ebron in my next mock. Any thoughts.
I think the OL is more important as we need to keep Manual healthy, but Ebron would also be a very nice weapon, but maybe we can get a TE in round 2.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
It has to be a thumbs up. Losing Pettine was a tough blow, for sure. But the defense might just be better next year. They won't be getting 57 sacks again but I'll take 40 as long as we are not getting gashed in the running game.
Schwartz himself is a thumbs up for me too, I give a thumbs down to the scheme change I believe is coming. They say they have not decided officially yet, but his roots and history are in 43 concepts, I find it hard to believe he is going to suddenly learn and implement a 34/33/hybrid style that was so successful last year. The scheme changing every year at this point is maddening to me. 40 sacks with an improved run D would not be so bad, I agree.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Schwartz himself is a thumbs up for me too, I give a thumbs down to the scheme change I believe is coming. They say they have not decided officially yet, but his roots and history are in 43 concepts, I find it hard to believe he is going to suddenly learn and implement a 34/33/hybrid style that was so successful last year. The scheme changing every year at this point is maddening to me. 40 sacks with an improved run D would not be so bad, I agree.
I agree, Schwartz is definitely a 4-3 guy which makes the hire tough to explain. Schwartz also uses a lot of Cover 2 schemes. I think the talent is there for success on defense but scheme changes are always a nervous time for a previously successful one.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree, Schwartz is definitely a 4-3 guy which makes the hire tough to explain. Schwartz also uses a lot of Cover 2 schemes. I think the talent is there for success on defense but scheme changes are always a nervous time for a previously successful one.
If they play zone like they did with the stache, ill beat my head into a wall. Total waste of personnel. The whole scheme change irks me, just about everyone flourish defensively under pettine, why f€& with it? I'm not sure what the options were, so this maybe the best they could do, which I could understand.

Nervous indeed...
Old 02-21-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Marrones press conference: they are going to build off of last years defense, add to it but not Change too much. At least that's what I took away from it. Good to hear.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Marrones press conference: they are going to build off of last years defense, add to it but not Change too much. At least that's what I took away from it. Good to hear.
Still a bit crazy that they would hire a 4-3 DC in Schwartz if they are sticking to a 3-4. I hope it works out.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Still a bit crazy that they would hire a 4-3 DC in Schwartz if they are sticking to a 3-4. I hope it works out.
At the very least this time we are not too far removed from being a 4-3 team. 3 down lineman with Mario playing OLB is close enough to 4-3. But I hear you. The personal is there to succeed, lets just hope Schwartz uses them to their best ability. I think he will.