Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titanfall beta has registrations going now. Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I was very interested in Titanfall anyway, but 6v6 really kills any interest I might of had. Its not the fact that its only 6v6 but the fact that there will be so many bots to fill in the player count. Ugh I hate bots in multiplayer games. Thats one reason why I never got in to dota or lol.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh again, from everyone who has played theyve said its the best thing theyve played in a very long time. That mounting criticism seems to be from people who have yet to play so before I jump on them for 6v6 I'll trust the people who have played the game.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Not that I was very interested in Titanfall anyway, but 6v6 really kills any interest I might of had. Its not the fact that its only 6v6 but the fact that there will be so many bots to fill in the player count. Ugh I hate bots in multiplayer games. Thats one reason why I never got in to dota or lol.
Pretty neutral here... The way the bots will be used makes sense. From everything I've heard/read, the 6v6 works amazingly well. I'm sure, at least for PC, the player cap will get unlocked.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what's going on here.. but it looks fun.. maybe...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, player count literally means nothing to me in terms of fun/gameplay. I've seen a lot of people kill it but honestly, it makes no difference. Sometimes I prefer less players because it adds a level of intimacy when you're engaging with your opponent. Some of the best multiplayer experiences I've had are with very few player counts. And, considering we have no idea how the game will be, there is no way we can say 6v6 is too little. It may be perfect. I mean, could you imagine 32, or 64 players on a game where there are huge mech's essentially. Or where people can pretty much run at you and attack from anywhere? It'd be insane.

And this is coming from someone who hasn't entirely bought into the Titanfall hype just yet.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Player count is a silly complaint for the most part. Unless they make gigantic maps that are unsuited for 6v6 it'll be fine :)

Much more intimate feel and will make the competitive scene all the more awesome.

WMD that was... odd. I'm not even sure how to approach that except with a:

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Banished looks AMAZING. Been hyping that game for a while and it will finally get released Feb 18th. ONE DEVELOPER did the entire project.

It's a medieval-esque city builder where you battle the elements rather than enemies.

Here's an hour-long video:

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Player count is a silly complaint for the most part. Unless they make gigantic maps that are unsuited for 6v6 it'll be fine :)

Much more intimate feel and will make the competitive scene all the more awesome.

WMD that was... odd. I'm not even sure how to approach that except with a:

Yeah I'm really not sure I get the player cap complaint considering Ive recently been playing a ton of BF4 and while it is awesome to get those 32v32 matches more often than not it doesnt make a ton of difference to me. I just can't see THIS many journalists sucking the games dick for this long to have the game come out and it be a total bust. Besides with this many complaints I really wouldnt be surprised to see them add on more game types which allow for more players. I do think I'd rather have human players take the place of many of the AI players, but again until I get it right now Ill trust respawn.

Also lets talk about this because Nintendo has dropped the ball with their consoles since the gamecube (yes the wii sold well but it could have been so much more).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...he-wii-u-fails

Thats a huge figure, and I can't for the life of me understand their unwillingness to start working on features and games that gamers want.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-17-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's do this!

Son of a *****!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know when r if there is a wwe2k14 with all the dlc on it coming out?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo this probably isn't a huge surprise but apparently the 3DS and Wii U sales were a massive disappointment. Wii U expected to sell 9 mil, only sold 2.9. 3DS expected to sell 18 mil, only sold 13.5. Billions in losses. Hopefully this means heads will roll and Nintendo steps their game up. I feel like in large this was due to them abandoning their base with the Wii, which while it worked masterfully in the short term for Wii sales, the core gamers who haven't touched their Wii in years decided to go with the XBone or PS4. Meanwhile the filthy casuals that flocked to the Wii's gimmicks have no need for the Wii U.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that massive wii controller was not exciting to me.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
You mean like a GOTY/Complete edition? I haven't heard of any plans for one. I'm not sure they do those with the WWE games. That said with 2K now owning it they might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Sooo this probably isn't a huge surprise but apparently the 3DS and Wii U sales were a massive disappointment. Wii U expected to sell 9 mil, only sold 2.9. 3DS expected to sell 18 mil, only sold 13.5. Billions in losses. Hopefully this means heads will roll and Nintendo steps their game up. I feel like in large this was due to them abandoning their base with the Wii, which while it worked masterfully in the short term for Wii sales, the core gamers who haven't touched their Wii in years decided to go with the XBone or PS4. Meanwhile the filthy casuals that flocked to the Wii's gimmicks have no need for the Wii U.
The fact that Nintendo sucks at marketing didn't help. I can count on one hand how many commercials I have seen for the Wii U. Most casual gamers have no idea the Wii U is even out or what it is.

I can't watch anything on TV with out seeing an X-Box One or PS4 commercial.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3ds is surprising kinda, but i guess everyone just uses their phones now

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The 3DS is actually pretty popular but not enough to over come the complete failure that is the Wii U.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if they count the 2DS sales with the 3ds. I know a lot of people that picked up the 2ds just to play Pokemon

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Three sets of the DLC have already came out. The Fourth should come out in the next month or two.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

And for the record I'm a Nintendo fan but Mario and Zelda aren't enough for me to buy their consoles anymore.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Three sets of the DLC have already came out. The Fourth should come out in the next month or two.
There isn't a 4th pack of DLC. All the DLC is out.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nintendo just needs to go ahead and make the first gaming phone.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And for the record I'm a Nintendo fan but Mario and Zelda aren't enough for me to buy their consoles anymore.
It sucks that they don't get the third party support. More often than not Nintendo has the best first party releases and are innovative in their hardware. They might not be on the cutting edge on graphics but elsewhere they find themselves doing things first.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://kotaku.com/titanfall-alpha-fo...aks-1504671462

Looks pretty solid so far..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The 3DS is actually pretty popular but not enough to over come the complete failure that is the Wii U.
13.5 million is a good number. It's their fault for overestimating. There really aren't a lot of games for the 3DS to make people move over from the DS, anyway. Only the diehard pokemon fanbase and completely new users were going to be jumping on the 3DS.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Nintendo just needs to go ahead and make the first gaming phone.

Too late. It didn't do well.