Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-19-2014, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Nintendo just needs to go ahead and make the first gaming phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

Too late. It didn't do well.

That wasn't the first either.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yes, the N Gage.. that gave the internet a good meme to work with for a little while..

and so on..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x14l_titanfall-alpha-gameplay_videogames?from_related=related.page.ext. behavior-only.b426b103c160875750e78bd3f4ea16c4139031367

Looking pretty awesome despite the 6v6 cap. Still, they should include an additional mode to play 12V12 at least.

I will say the AI concern me. They look down right dumb and useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-21-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x14l_titanfall-alpha-gameplay_videogames?from_related=related.page.ext. behavior-only.b426b103c160875750e78bd3f4ea16c4139031367

Looking pretty awesome despite the 6v6 cap. Still, they should include an additional mode to play 12V12 at least.

I will say the AI concern me. They look down right dumb and useless.
The whole point of the AI is to make your character feel like a bad ass. They're really taking a page out of MOBAs with this game. Might not be a bad thing at all. The Battlefield formula is tired and was never that interesting to begin with. I could never get into those games. I'd drop the $40-60, play for an hour, and be done with it forever because it was just flat-out boring.

Last edited by nepg : 01-21-2014 at 08:51 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like BF4, I play it now and then but I sort of am already over it after a month. Hopefully TF isn't the same way.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons off PS+ and I didn't expect to finish it let alone like it but ended up really enjoying it.

The controls are tricky at first but a pretty cool experience if you can get passed that.

It kinda has a Journey vibe going for it. It's more about what the brothers go through going from point A to point B than killing stuff like most games.

It's definitely not for everyone.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have FIFA 14 for 360? How do you do the Talk to press feature?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the good old, slow-paced, "realistic" shooters.. Ie; Rainbox Six, Ghost Recon, Swat 4.

Those games were so much better than the shooters now. You were rewarded for playing smart and as a team and there were no of these goofy gadgets/insta kill BS that is the rage now.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For you Nintendo guys, I'm a little worried that Nintendo might be going the way of Sega. The Wii U has been a disaster.

Hopefully they will pull something together. Honestly, I feel like they just cannot compete with Sony/Microsoft anymore in the console field. They may need to become a handheld/game publisher for the future unless they drop all the gimmicky **** and release a real console.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I miss the good old, slow-paced, "realistic" shooters.. Ie; Rainbox Six, Ghost Recon, Swat 4.

Those games were so much better than the shooters now. You were rewarded for playing smart and as a team and there were no of these goofy gadgets/insta kill BS that is the rage now.
Yep, I'm 100% with you. COD and BF just doesn't cut it for me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have turned into fast paced arcade type shooters.

I thought BF would offer a little more realism and team play and it does. But it also gets old quickly. I play on hardcore, so I don't have to use 30 bullets to kill a guy. But still crazy amount of arcade shooter.

Its all about the ADHD, how long will you stayed focus.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I will forever miss the first 3 Halo's.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sell Pokemon to Rockstar. Give us that full size game we deserve.
*sorry for the Pokemon post but it is related to the Nintendo deal*

Seriously. They should look at selling off a few assets they have done JACK **** with since the late 90's really.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Sell Pokemon to Rockstar. Give us that full size game we deserve.
*sorry for the Pokemon post but it is related to the Nintendo deal*

Seriously. They should look at selling off a few assets they have done JACK **** with since the late 90's really.
Huh? What is this in response to?

I don't think Nintendo should bow out of console production. They have the best, most marketable, and in-demand exclusive software. They just need to stop producing gimmicky consoles and leave the innovation to their software.

Between Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem they have just about every genre covered with games that could/would be top sellers in their respective genres.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Huh? What is this in response to?

I don't think Nintendo should bow out of console production. They have the best, most marketable, and in-demand exclusive software. They just need to stop producing gimmicky consoles and leave the innovation to their software.

Between Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem they have just about every genre covered with games that could/would be top sellers in their respective genres.
Nintendo going the way of Sega.

I just get sick of Nintendo making ****** systems but keeping everything exclusive.
I haven't played Mario, DK, Pokemon (non-emulator) or Zelda in so long because they haven't made a console worth having in forever. I miss those games.
Especially Pokemon. The first gen of US Pokemon fans, are in their mid-late 20's really. Nintendo is missing a huge chance to do anything by making a more expansive, adult game.

Instead they just stick to crappy consoles and every game being made for pre-teen crowds. I only play for the nostalgia factor anymore. I'd shell out big if they made any good console + quality Mario, DK and Pokemon.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I just get sick of Nintendo making ****** systems but keeping everything exclusive.
But wouldn't going the way of Sega mean the complete opposite, which is consistently making the best console there is but crapping the bed marketing wise?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I haven't played Mario, DK, Pokemon (non-emulator) or Zelda in so long because they haven't made a console worth having in forever. I miss those games.
Especially Pokemon. The first gen of US Pokemon fans, are in their mid-late 20's really. Nintendo is missing a huge chance to do anything by making a more expansive, adult game.

Instead they just stick to crappy consoles and every game being made for pre-teen crowds. I only play for the nostalgia factor anymore. I'd shell out big if they made any good console + quality Mario, DK and Pokemon.
Agree with this. I would love to play some Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, etc games but I am not going to buy their G-rated cartoon bull**** game systems.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
But wouldn't going the way of Sega mean the complete opposite, which is consistently making the best console there is but crapping the bed marketing wise?
I think it means generally irrelevant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Agree with this. I would love to play some Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, etc games but I am not going to buy their G-rated cartoon bull**** game systems.
Absolutely.
There has to be a huge nostalgia factor they could make a killing on with either a real console or stop the exclusive rights BS and let someone make games for Sony and Microsoft.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-23-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Nintendo is just so out of touch with anyone who isnt a die hard nintendo fan boy. Their online functionality is a ******* joke in the age where internet features such as apps, dlc, indie games, hell even just straight up online multiplayer (which is ******* pathetic they still dont have this down better than the original xbox did) are central focal points for other consoles and interest for gamers. Its just pathetic and inexcusable.

The last thing I think of as being really interesting is a touch screen making my controller three times the size of that as the rest of the controllers on the market. Its frustrating to watch as the last three consoles have just been so geared towards just the nintendo fanbase and neglect everything else. In a way I'm sort of happy that the Wii U is bombing to the extent that casual gamers don't even know its a new console still. Hopefully they wake the **** up but I highly doubt it at this point. Heres hoping they go the way of Sega so we arent forced to buy a ****** console for four exclusives.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Wii U suffers from similar problems compared to Dreamcast, but Nintendo is in a much stronger state for leverage. They pretty much just have to admit this one was a failure and put another console together that is more conducive to 3rd party support.

I think all of their major IPs should stay rather PG, but that doesn't mean Kid Icarus and Metroid can't be a bit darker, harder, and geared toward a more mature audience.

Nintendo could easily have the best console on the market if they had the 3rd party support to fill in the gaps. If they had a comparable system to the NewGen with fill support from Rockstar, EA, Square, and Capcom there would be no reason to consider Sony or Microsoft.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Idk if I'd go that far but it would certainly make them relevant again. And I agree, i posted a good article on the Wii U talking about how they could put out X amount of console failures and still be alright with the money theyve put away over the years. The problem is because of that its hard to see them taking what didnt go right with the Wii U and fixing it as they can just fall back on that capital. Regardless I bought a Wii U, and did so solely for Megaman in smash, and Mario Kart in the future. Those games multiplayer would be incredible if they had significant matchmaking online functionality, but I highly doubt we see that.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 09:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last Nintendo console that was a must have was the SNES, and that is pretty sad.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The last Nintendo console that was a must have was the SNES, and that is pretty sad.
Truth.
The release of the Playstation killed the MUST HAVE factor of N64.
Then it went downhill fast in terms of Nintendo systems.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-23-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing that pisses me off/annoys me about Nintendo is their controllers. My brother has a Wii U and you need like three different types of controllers, plus some with various variations. Need the terrible gamepad controller, the "Pro" controller (Xbox controller, basically), and the Wiimote. Plus you may need the Wii+ adapter if your Wiimote doesn't have it. And you may need the nunchuck.

If you HAVE to require anything other than the stock controller you are doing a piss poor job.

I love old Nintendo games but they have seriously gone down hill. I mean, how much Mario, Zelda, and Metroid can they shove down our throats? That's pretty much the only relevant things they had for the past 20 years. I love new Zelda games, but unless you're REALLY going to innovate and add new things....stop making them so frequently. Although this would probably moreso apply to Mario games, which are far more frequent in number.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Idk, I think I'd still take my N64 over the PS1 when it comes down to it. My PS1 did have MGS and FF7, but N64 had golden eye, smash bros, mario kart, Dk 64, Mario 64 (best mario game ever imo), Zelda OOT (Best zelda game/game ever imo). Idk I think I'd take that over my PS lineup. maybe. After that tho they havent launched a truly must own system no matter what the Wii sales numbers tell you.

Quote: