Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Don't hate it before you try it.
I'll add it to my list of things to do once I get back in the States in 3 weeks :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought a bottle of Ardberg last night. It's not bad, the lightest scotch I've ever had for sure. I didn't like it as much as Macallan's or Laphroaig, though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I bought a bottle of Ardberg last night. It's not bad, the lightest scotch I've ever had for sure. I didn't like it as much as Macallan's or Laphroaig, though.
Strange. Ardberg is pretty damn assertive. Probably even moreso than Laphroaig.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant light as in color, it looked like watered down apple juice. Taste wise it was pretty damn bold.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I meant light as in color, it looked like watered down apple juice. Taste wise it was pretty damn bold.
Gotcha....I was going to recommend shopping at a new liquor store.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Split a bottle of 1800 Silver with 3 of my buddies last night. We had two pitchers worth of shooters mixed with sprite & lemonade. It's safe to say our night was epic.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-10-2013 at 10:21 AM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anybody drinks stuff like Jack Daniels, Crown Royal (Regular, Black, Reserve), Maker's Mark, Jameson, Johnnie Walker Blue Label or any other well known (not super cheap) alcohols, let me know if you'd be interested in a lamp like the one below. I could trade you straight across a lamp for the bottles, you'd cover shipping to get to me, and I in turn would make a bottle and ship it back. I would need several well known one bottles for the one lighted bottle as I sell most of them for $15-25 bucks and get paid $15 shipping, so it could save you some money.

mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got a $50 gift card to BevMo. Looking for a beginner-ish scotch around the $50-80 range. Open to any region.

Recommendations?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

do you like smoky or not smoky?

edit: well i'm thinking about it anyways.

smoky is generally islay. in which case, i'd go ardbeg 10 for a beginner. it was my first good scotch, and is still one of my favorites. laphroaig is also tremendous, i'd do the quarter cask, but i'm not sure i'd call it a start scotch.

if you're not into smoky, i've liked speyside. maybe a macallen cask strength? not sure it's a starter, but i liked it.

lowland, i might go auchentoshan. buddy just bought it and it's been enjoyable.

i don't really go for the glens, but everyone knows the names for a reason, so you probably wouldn't go terribly wrong in that direction.

just don't do something dumb and buy a bottle of johnnie walker.

Last edited by njx9 : 01-29-2014 at 11:32 PM.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do enjoy an element of smoke, but I've had Laphroaig and it was too iodine/medicine-like for my personal taste.

I had the Bruichladdich 16 over the holidays and liked it quite a bit. Was looking at the 10 yr, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

And I wouldn't have bothered to ask here if I was just going to buy Johnnie Walker.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 01-30-2014 at 01:16 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If you don't like smoke, definitely stay away from the Ardberg. njx's list is pretty good, I'd throw in Balvenie DoubleWood if you want something easier drinking/on the sweeter side. I feel like you'd also like Oban, but it can be a bit expensive.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I've only had Oban twice, and it cost me over $10 a glass both times, but it was definitely my favorite liquor I've ever tasted.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2014, 07:29 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I do enjoy an element of smoke, but I've had Laphroaig and it was too iodine/medicine-like for my personal taste.

I had the Bruichladdich 16 over the holidays and liked it quite a bit. Was looking at the 10 yr, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.
i wonder if you went with the lower end laphroaig? but yeah, if you didn't like it, i might jump back to a non-islay and try that route.

i think you might find a lot of difference between the 16 and the 10, in the bruichladdich, but maybe if it's one of your first bottles it would work out.

now that rob mentioned balvenie, that would be a solid call, too.

Quote:
And I wouldn't have bothered to ask here if I was just going to buy Johnnie Walker.
ha, i was more pre-emptively striking against bad advice you might be given.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i wonder if you went with the lower end laphroaig? but yeah, if you didn't like it, i might jump back to a non-islay and try that route.

i think you might find a lot of difference between the 16 and the 10, in the bruichladdich, but maybe if it's one of your first bottles it would work out.

now that rob mentioned balvenie, that would be a solid call, too.
I had the laphroaig 10.

Rob's suggestion of the Oban is tempting. Think I might be deciding between the Oban 14 or the bruichladdich 10. I've also looked at the Lagavulin 16, but I'm afraid it might be too smokey/intense for me at this stage.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Lagavulin is fantastic, but definitely too smokey for you I think.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lagavulin is fantastic, but definitely too smokey for you I think.
Yeah, I'm hoping that's something I can build up to eventually, but small steps for now.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

dunno about your area, but in denver, there's a massive scotch bar with basically everything imaginable. i usually hit that up before any new purchases. might be worth $20 to go over and try a couple.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
dunno about your area, but in denver, there's a massive scotch bar with basically everything imaginable. i usually hit that up before any new purchases. might be worth $20 to go over and try a couple.
Most serious scotch bars will do flights where you can taste 4 for like $20. That's a good idea and should be easy to find in LA.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

So I was driving past BevMo on my way home from work and I couldn't resist stopping in. Ended up settling on the Oban 14. I like it a lot so thanks for that suggestion Rob.

You guys are right though, a couple of tasting sessions would serve me well. They are definitely around and I'll do a few before my next purchase.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just getting into the whiskey game and am looking for cheap ($20-$30, ideally) options. Any suggestions?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever heard of Black forest devil herbal liqueur?
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I'm just getting into the whiskey game and am looking for cheap ($20-$30, ideally) options. Any suggestions?
Whiskey only or do you like Bourbon?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
A liter of maker's mark is like $35 at the most. I would suggest you spring for that and never look back. All other bourbons are **** compared to that, in that price range.

For a cheap scotch, chivas isn't bad.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I just stocked up on Maker's 46 after a local chain had a huge sale. Got 750ml bottles for $24. BOOM.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Whiskey only or do you like Bourbon?
Most of my early experimentation has been with Bourbon, and it's been successful. I'm willing to try pretty much any type of whiskey.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote