Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially about basketball. Anytime BBD says the Knicks back a great move you immediately know it's terrible (see Bargs, Felton, Melo, etc.)
Old 02-05-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always right about basketball. You'll see.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, no you are not.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Barr. I don't buy the top 5 hype.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
When I watch him play, I am reminded of Aaron Maybin. He possesses speed but not much else.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I think Barr is still very raw and needs a lot of development. I actually think his best spot may be a 4-3 RDE
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't gotten to Barr yet. From my early evaluation of him, I don't like him as a DE in a 4-3. I'd project him into a Von Miller role, where he stands up as a SAM rushbacker in the base and a standup wide 9 edge rusher in a nickel alignment.

Based on that, I don't think our coaching staff is creative enough to use him effectively if he fell to us.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on Brandin Cooks (Oregon State) as a day 2 option for us?

He is listed at 5-10, 185, 4.50

In 2012 he had 67 receptions for 1,151 yards (17.2 ave) and 5 TD

in 2013 he had 128 receptions for 1,730 yards (13.5 ave) and 16 TD

It is worth noting that Danny Langsdorf our new QB coach was the offensive coordinator while Cooks was at Oregon State.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be worried about a lack of height among the Giants WR's between him, Cruz and Jernigan.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I'd be worried about a lack of height among the Giants WR's between him, Cruz and Jernigan.
The Packers have done well with smaller guys, what is more important is that he can get open. Jernigan is in the last year of his deal.

Randle is 6'3

Cooks is 2" taller than Jernigan and just 2" shorter than Nicks.

I don't see height as a major issue, particularly with our new system and familiarity with him with Langsdorf. It is more important that he is productive and his 16 TDs indicate that Langsdorf knows how to get him into the end zone which could be a big plus for our red zone offense.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants voided Myers' and Webster's contracts today. Should save us some money.

With regards to WRs and replacing Nicks. I'd love to sign James Jones for cheap and draft a WR in the later rounds like 3-5. A guy I really like for around those rounds is Jared Abbrederis, he has good height and speed with really crisp route running.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Giants voided Myers' and Webster's contracts today. Should save us some money.
Nice moves, not unexpected. From the top of my head they should save around $4.5m against the 2014 cap
Old 02-07-2014, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were automatic voidable years. Nothing unexpected. I think we're going to hear of a Snee cut sooner rather than later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

What we do with the Oline and Dline in free agency will have a big impact on the draft.

If we address our Oline in free agency then we could look at other positions at 12

if Linval Joseph leaves in free agency then Louis Nix could be in the mix at 12.

if we don't keep Tuck and/or Kiwanuka then Stephon Tuitt could be in the mix at 12 as a LDE
Old 02-12-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is a little info on WR Brandin Cooks that I found interesting from kffl.com

Quote:
Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks, who has been compared to Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith, says he is hoping to run a 4.3-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, and he expects to measure in at 5-foot-10. Cooks is projected to be a late-first or early-second round pick in this year's draft after leading the nation with 1,730 receiving yards. "Size-wise and the playmaking ability, but not just that. (Also) the heart and tenacity he brings to the game," Cooks said. "He's not scared to do anything. He's not scared to go over the middle ... That's how I like to see myself, too a fearless receiver who's not afraid to do those things." - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#....JW2DJj9k.dpuf
It seems to me that Cooks could be an ideal replacement for Nicks. This guy has heart, work ethic and can get into the endzone. The fact that his college OC is our new QB coach means we know the inside info on this guy.

I would not be surprised at all if we draft this guy.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Here is a little info on WR Brandin Cooks that I found interesting from kffl.com

It seems to me that Cooks could be an ideal replacement for Nicks. This guy has heart, work ethic and can get into the endzone. The fact that his college OC is our new QB coach means we know the inside info on this guy.

I would not be surprised at all if we draft this guy.

It would have to be a trade back or a trade up from our 2nd. If he runs a 4.3 he's getting picked in the 20s.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
It would have to be a trade back or a trade up from our 2nd. If he runs a 4.3 he's getting picked in the 20s.
Most have him ranked around the late 30s. With the depth of talent at WR he could be there at 43.

but the other trade options you mentioned could be in the mix.

I am curious to see how he goes at the combine. With his links to Langsdorf, the likely departure of Nicks and Jernigan is the last year of his deal, I could easily see Cooks being a giant.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most have him ranked around the late 30s. With the depth of talent at WR he could be there at 43.

but the other trade options you mentioned could be in the mix.

I am curious to see how he goes at the combine. With his links to Langsdorf, the likely departure of Nicks and Jernigan is the last year of his deal, I could easily see Cooks being a giant.
I get the 30s ranking now but come the combine and this guy runs a 4.3, he won't reach 43.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Guys. I want De'Anthony Thomas in round 4. He'll be electric in McAdoo's offense.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Guys. I want De'Anthony Thomas in round 4. He'll be electric in McAdoo's offense.
He is one of the guys I am looking at. There will be good talent there.

A lot will depend on what happens in free agency. There are a few options we can go.

with McAdoo and a new offense it is harder to predict which players we will go with but we can have a short list.

In a month after the combine and the initial free agency frenzy we should be able to get a decent idea of the draft options.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:

A lot will depend on what happens in free agency. There are a few options we can go.

with McAdoo and a new offense it is harder to predict which players we will go with but we can have a short list.

In a month after the combine and the initial free agency frenzy we should be able to get a decent idea of the draft options.
No sh!t

Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I think he can be a great weapon out of the backfield for us. I really wish we had that in our offense, it would go such a long way for us.

My concern with Thomas is, I want to see if he's durable like Sproles. Sproles has underrated toughness. Thomas was just so fast nobody could touch him in college. But he'll get touched in the NFL. I want to see if he has the toughness he needs to last in the NFL.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think he can be a great weapon out of the backfield for us. I really wish we had that in our offense, it would go such a long way for us.

My concern with Thomas is, I want to see if he's durable like Sproles. Sproles has underrated toughness. Thomas was just so fast nobody could touch him in college. But he'll get touched in the NFL. I want to see if he has the toughness he needs to last in the NFL.

Word. A sproles/woodhead type player would be a nice weapon to have.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

If we draft a RB, I think we will be looking at a physical RB in the mould of Eddie Lacy or Marshawn Lynch. There are quite a few day 2 options in the draft.

It wouldn't surprise me if we bring in a vet RB like Starks, Moreno, Brown, Tate or even Jones-Drew
Old 02-14-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

I'd like to see us look into trading for Turbin.