Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-05-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no clue that Witten was drafted until the 2nd day. I missed everything after the Cowboys' pick that day, so I imagined that Witten got picked up in the first round somewhere. I remember wondering how in the hell he dropped so far, but it was such a great pick that I was doing backflips. The 2003 draft was so awesome.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Using Walters Mock who would you guys draft at our spots?
http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
This would be mine.

Donald, Ford, Ward, and Sutton. A playmaking FS and 3 pass rushers. Sign me up.
Nice draft...everyone of those players was in the senior bowl. Mixed reports on Sutton. Read he played with a good motor but looked like garbage and didn't win very many battles during the week. Had a sack in the game due to hustle...so I guess that is probably just what he is. He's the biggest wild card in your draft.

I'd maybe go after a Jr. or 2 this year since they are likely to fall a bit.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are projected in getting 3 picks by the master
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...ojections.html

It appears that Dallas might have three additional compensatory picks at the end of the draft, bringing their total to 11 picks. In 2013, the Cowboys lost more unrestricted free agents than they signed, so they'll likely be awarded compensatory picks for John Phillips, Victor Butler, and Mike Jenkins. With up to eight picks in rounds 4-7, the third day of the draft could be highly interesting for Cowboys fans this year.

Quote:
It appears likely that Dallas will have three additional picks at the end of the draft. For a team that prides itself on picking up value in the UDFA market, those should be very useful.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Nice draft...everyone of those players was in the senior bowl. Mixed reports on Sutton. Read he played with a good motor but looked like garbage and didn't win very many battles during the week. Had a sack in the game due to hustle...so I guess that is probably just what he is. He's the biggest wild card in your draft.

I'd maybe go after a Jr. or 2 this year since they are likely to fall a bit.
Thanks! Yes Sutton is the wild card but also a 2nd round talent based on his JR year tape. I think a year with Marinelli would do him wonders and could be the steal of the draft. Read a lot of reports that said he added bad weight last year which is why he wasnt as productive. Very correctable.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
We are projected in getting 3 picks by the master
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...ojections.html

It appears that Dallas might have three additional compensatory picks at the end of the draft, bringing their total to 11 picks. In 2013, the Cowboys lost more unrestricted free agents than they signed, so they'll likely be awarded compensatory picks for John Phillips, Victor Butler, and Mike Jenkins. With up to eight picks in rounds 4-7, the third day of the draft could be highly interesting for Cowboys fans this year.
Nice. What are we missing, a 6th? Should have enough ammo to trade up if somebody falls.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft

Still around 100 days left til the NFL Draft and I don't consider myself an expert just a fan. And I base my picks on other mocks and ranking etc...

But as of what now...I really think our 1st Round pick should be Donald...I think he is a need and BPA at the spot. I think if we go FS..I would not be opposed to the pick, but I think DL is a more of a need at this moment. I think a solid DL would go along way in making our Secondary better.

I think if we go Pryor I think their will be a run on DL and we might not end up with solid players, but 2nd tier players. I think getting our DL in the first round gives us more flexiablity with our 2nd round pick and we can still get a good solid BPA....knowing that our 1st round pick is solid.

I am not sold on Pryor or Hix..i just don't think they are game changers...but that is my opinion.

I think with Donald we can still come back and get another DT or maybe a DE...if not a Guard.

I think we have enough DE on the team..we need some DT......
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, I just got my rep destroyed and then into the green for simply saying the Cowboys aren't going to pick a safety in one of the mock threads...

Sweet.

Last edited by BroadcasterC : 02-11-2014 at 03:18 PM.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Player I've been watching some film on who looks pretty good is Kareem Martin DE North Carolina. Wonder what round he projects to after the combine, maybe 3rd. Scott Crichton is another DE would love to land possibly in rd 2.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
Welp, I just got my rep destroyed and then into the green for simply saying the Cowboys aren't going to pick a safety in one of the mock threads...

Sweet.
Well, let's talk about it. Just playing devil's advocate again haha... So why don't you think it's a need? Are you a Matt Johnson fan? Is there a reason for the rest of us to have faith in him? Nobody else we have is an ideal candidate to play FS. Especially in single high coverage.

I know you think DL, DL, DL... but in watching Seattle dismantle Denver, they did it because they were able to play single high safety and put more players closer to the line of scrimmage. You would think a lot of teams would try to put more people in coverage against Denver, but Seattle did it with less. They did it with an elite secondary that allowed them to commit more players to rush the passer. Not that their DL was littered with big named stars.

Look at Detroit... Suh and Fairly are dominant DTs but their D has struggled time and time again because their secondary sucks. Even Ezekiel Ansah played well in his first year (8 sacks). Cliff Avril looked better in Seattle than he did in Detroit. Why is that?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we need to build the D-line but it would be hard to pass on Joyner in the 2nd or his teammate Brooks(who trog mentioned)later on if either are there for us at any point.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well, let's talk about it. Just playing devil's advocate again haha... So why don't you think it's a need? Are you a Matt Johnson fan? Is there a reason for the rest of us to have faith in him? Nobody else we have is an ideal candidate to play FS. Especially in single high coverage.

I know you think DL, DL, DL... but in watching Seattle dismantle Denver, they did it because they were able to play single high safety and put more players closer to the line of scrimmage. You would think a lot of teams would try to put more people in coverage against Denver, but Seattle did it with less. They did it with an elite secondary that allowed them to commit more players to rush the passer. Not that their DL was littered with big named stars.

Look at Detroit... Suh and Fairly are dominant DTs but their D has struggled time and time again because their secondary sucks. Even Ezekiel Ansah played well in his first year (8 sacks). Cliff Avril looked better in Seattle than he did in Detroit. Why is that?
I'm just going to say this and rest my argument on the topic:

What would make this team better, Pryor over Wilcox, if he's even better than Wilcox in the first few years of his career, over Donald/Hageman/Nix/Jernigan over Haden/whatever other scrub we sign off the street.

Just think of it in terms of math and addition to a football team. Let's say the Cowboys' total score is 500 out of 1000. 8-8 is .500 as we all know. In my opinion, adding Pryor over Wilcox would boost our score by about 20-30 points. Adding a first round defensive lineman over Hayden or in place of Hatcher would be worth well over 50 points. If that makes sense.

It's not even close. Football is still won and lost in the trenches.

And by the way, according to PFF, both of Detroit's safeties finished in the top half of the league in their rankings of starting safeties. Their problem is their cornerbacks.

Enough is enough. We saw what fixing the OL did for Romo's time in the pocket and actually having somewhat of a running game. Time to fix this defensive line.

Last edited by BroadcasterC : 02-13-2014 at 11:26 AM.
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even buy that Pryor is the right safety prospect for our defense. If Kiffin was still the guy then he would be but if you watch old Chicago tape they actually ask their FS to play single-high a good bit. Pryor is single-high is not going to be pretty.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:55 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadcasterC View Post
I'm just going to say this and rest my argument on the topic:

What would make this team better, Pryor over Wilcox, if he's even better than Wilcox in the first few years of his career, over Donald/Hageman/Nix/Jernigan over Haden/whatever other scrub we sign off the street.

Just think of it in terms of math and addition to a football team. Let's say the Cowboys' total score is 500 out of 1000. 8-8 is .500 as we all know. In my opinion, adding Pryor over Wilcox would boost our score by about 20-30 points. Adding a first round defensive lineman over Hayden or in place of Hatcher would be worth well over 50 points. If that makes sense.

It's not even close. Football is still won and lost in the trenches.

And by the way, according to PFF, both of Detroit's safeties finished in the top half of the league in their rankings of starting safeties. Their problem is their cornerbacks.

Enough is enough. We saw what fixing the OL did for Romo's time in the pocket and actually having somewhat of a running game. Time to fix this defensive line.
I don't know what to make of Wilcox but I don't have much faith in him either. He lost his job to Jeff friggin Heath, which seriously concerns me. So your question should be, would Pryor over Heath make a big difference... Which is a definitive hell yes.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I don't even buy that Pryor is the right safety prospect for our defense. If Kiffin was still the guy then he would be but if you watch old Chicago tape they actually ask their FS to play single-high a good bit. Pryor is single-high is not going to be pretty.
Hello Mr. Joyner ;)
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Hello Mr. Joyner ;)
or Terrence Brooks ;)

I'm really not in love with the late round safety prospects or the one at the very top.

This is the year I'd like to see another trade down if we aren't snagging an elite defensive lineman.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Also if we take Donald in the first we clearly need to add some help at DE, with the top tier more than likely gone by the time we pick in 2, I've been watching some film of the players projected in 2 and 3 and would possibly be in available in our range.

Chrichton, Martin, Chris smith and Marcus Smith, all could be targets.

I liked what I saw of Martin, one of the bigger ends available, not elite quickness but decent first step and very strong vs the run.

Just looked at Marcus smith from Louisville, nice quickness, played mostly standing up in their defense and a lot of his sacks came uncontested on stunts but shouldn't have a problem as a 4-3 End, as he did consistently get pressure while battling tackles.
Really like his pass rush skills and relentless motor, reminds me a little of Ware when he came out.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or Terrence Brooks ;)

I'm really not in love with the late round safety prospects or the one at the very top.

This is the year I'd like to see another trade down if we aren't snagging an elite defensive lineman.
Jimmie Ward is another guy on the rise after a strong senior bowl showing. I have him on the short list of guys I am holding judgment for until I see them at the combine.

In a perfect world he shows up a lot closer to 200+ pounds then the 191 he weighed in at the RSB and can run in the low 4.5 range. If he shows up light and can't get sub 4.6 my personal interest is going to go way down.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I'd take a hard look at Gayle from VTech in the mid-to-late rounds. He never put it all together in college but he has a nice skillset to develop.

Could also look at DeMarcus Lawrence to develop as a WDE behind Ware. DeMarcus tutoring DeMarcus? :D

Aaron Lynch should get a shout too. CBS somehow has him in the 6th round at the moment O_o I'd love to have him even as high as the late 2nd/early 3rd.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
I'd take a hard look at Gayle from VTech in the mid-to-late rounds. He never put it all together in college but he has a nice skillset to develop.

Could also look at DeMarcus Lawrence to develop as a WDE behind Ware. DeMarcus tutoring DeMarcus? :D

Aaron Lynch should get a shout too. CBS somehow has him in the 6th round at the moment O_o I'd love to have him even as high as the late 2nd/early 3rd.
I pulled up every tape I could of Lawrence, I like the kid. He is a little light in the pants but looks like he has the frame to add some weight. Pretty strong at the POA and keeps on working through blocks. Looks like he has that extra gear when closing in on the QB. He is another guy I am interested to see at the combine.

I'll pass on Aaron Lynch, doesn't profile as a Garrett RKG. Pretty much quit after his freshman year at Norte Dame and had to sit out a year until he was granted an NCAA transfer. Dropped from 270ish down to 245 during they layoff telling me he really wasn't interested in hitting the gym. Really wasn't any quicker at his lower playing weight but was noticeibly not as stout.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I pulled up every tape I could of Lawrence, I like the kid. He is a little light in the pants but looks like he has the frame to add some weight. Pretty strong at the POA and keeps on working through blocks. Looks like he has that extra gear when closing in on the QB. He is another guy I am interested to see at the combine.
Yeah I'd put him purely as a WDE and let him go behind Ware. He'll never be someone to play on the strong-side but for a team like Seattle you could plug him in as a LEO and just let him rush the passer wide and have a lot of success.

Quote:
I'll pass on Aaron Lynch, doesn't profile as a Garrett RKG. Pretty much quit after his freshman year at Norte Dame and had to sit out a year until he was granted an NCAA transfer. Dropped from 270ish down to 245 during they layoff telling me he really wasn't interested in hitting the gym. Really wasn't any quicker at his lower playing weight but was noticeibly not as stout
He's just an athletic freak. I was simply talking about taking a flyer on him. If he was actually interested in his potential he would be a top 15 pick this year rather than being a mid-rounder. I do agree about the RKG thing though. He'd have to do an amazing interview in order to convince Garrett he was worth taking a risk on.

This actually is a really good draft for defensive lineman. Dallas typically does a good job lining themselves up with draft positions of strength with their positions of weakness. Just a matter of actually pulling the trigger and getting value.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Speaking of flyers, would anyone be interested in taking a look at Antone Exum if his medicals check out at the combine ? Stock has dropped after missing major time with his knee injury but has extensive time at both safety and CB. Could be a steal if he is available in the 5th -6th round and brought around slowly.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Speaking of flyers, would anyone be interested in taking a look at Antone Exum if his medicals check out at the combine ? Stock has dropped after missing major time with his knee injury but has extensive time at both safety and CB. Could be a steal if he is available in the 5th -6th round and brought around slowly.
Absolutely. Fits our profile too. We love us some injured prospects -_- :D

Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

New Mock.

1. Aaron Donald. DT
No change at the top, just the best DT in the draft if you need a 3 tech.

2. Xavier Su'a-Filo. OG
Bernadeau was ok last year and Leary was solid but either could be upgraded. Especially Mackenzy.

3. Marcus Smith. DE
Reminds me a bit of Ware, very productive, fast off the edge, good against the run, should be getting more attention. With the right coaching this guy could be our future at DE.

4. Kenny Ladler. S
A favorite of ours, can be used if Wilcox doesn't work out or Church goes down, hoping he's still there in the 4th. If not WR is the best option.

5. Cornelius Lucas. OT
Good prospect to groom to compete for the RT spot in the future.

7. Carrington Byndom. CB
Need some depth at the position. This kid would be a steal here.

7. L'damian Washington. WR
Didn't get a wideout earlier but an intriguing developmental option based on his speed and we can use someone to stretch the field.

7. Kevin Pierre Louis. OLB
Small but very quick, well worth the chance here, good back up. At worst perhaps a ST's player.

There you have it for now. :)

Last edited by Jas : 02-15-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that mock. Donald fits like a glove, and Su'a-Filo is a guy that I like a lot. I don't know if I like the Ladler pick. Is he more of a SS or FS? For safety this year I'm hoping they get a guy who can cover deep since Church and Wilcox are fine at SS.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I like that mock. Donald fits like a glove, and Su'a-Filo is a guy that I like a lot. I don't know if I like the Ladler pick. Is he more of a SS or FS? For safety this year I'm hoping they get a guy who can cover deep since Church and Wilcox are fine at SS.
Thanks, Ladler played both in college so it's not easy to say which was his better fit, he's got the ability and experience to be interchangeable.

I think Ladler is better in coverage than he is vs the run. So I'd lean FS or nickel corner over SS.

He has decent speed and good instincts, always around the action. Has experience playing single high cover 1. Reads and reacts very well in coverage. Nice range in centerfield. Also plays the deep halves well in zone.

He does have some concerning flaws in his game, from what I've seen, not all that fluid, takes bad angles at times, goes in with his head down and forgets to wrap up, missed a lot of tackles, seems tentative in his tackling at times.

Thats why I was kind of having trouble deciding between going Safety or WR in 4. Either would be okay with me.

Last edited by Jas : 02-15-2014 at 06:46 PM.