Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-03-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I'm just sick to my stomach today. I wish the Combine would hurry up and get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'm far more pissed about last years SB than anything else. Watching a rival win is easier when your team has a SB ring. NFC's only going to get tougher. And if we sign Kaep and Aldon to big deals, thats less money for Boldin, FA's, etc. We need to kill it in the 2014 draft and have our 2013 draft picks start to make impacts. I'm looking for Carradine, Lemonier, Patton, and Lattimore to take that next step. Hopefully Vance too.

I am jealous of Seattle's Secondary...Eric Reid has played well and shown some serious potential. But i'd love 2 big physical DB's with speed like Chancellor/Sherman duo for the Seahawks in the draft (and both were 5th round picks....Chancellor is what Taylor Mays was supposed to be). A speed WR in the draft who can return kicks and punts. Another RB in case Lattimore can't handle the load in place of Gore (who i expect to have a reduced role and salary or not be on the team anymore). And 2 interior OL, 1 to take over at C, and a G in case we can't re-sign Iupati. And with 11-12 picks i think we can get everything on our wish list, especially with 5 in the first 3 rounds.

I also want some added pass rush help, but i'm assuming Lemonier and Carradine can fill that void too.
That's what I'm saying. 5 is still greater than 1. They have bragging rights because their one is shiny and brand new but they still got some catching up to do.

As for their safties, its Earl Thomas that makes that whole defense work. Kam is a baller don't get me wrong. Been watching him since his Maury days. A part of me is proud of him, being we're from the same city. But Kam is more like a extra LB in the box the way they scheme their defense. He's not fast. Plenty athletic, but doeent have anywhere near the speed Thomas has. Earl Thomas just has range that allows him to cover so much ground, so quickly. That allows them to basically have a 8 man box on first and second down and just swarm the line of scrimmage. That and the bailtynto pressure with 4. That defense didn't really take off until they acquirred Avril and Bennett. They solidified the pass-rush and took them to from a very good defense to a great defense.

Great news is there are a lot of great safety prospects in this draft. Personally, I'm really high on Pryor from Louisville, Exum form VT, and Ward from NIU. Ward might be better as a CB at the next level, depending on what he runs. High IQ player who is always in the right position and has versatility to be a chess piece in any secondary. Love Love LOVE Pryor and Exum. Pryor to me, is very similar to Thomas as far as range. And he hits like Goldson. To me, has the ideal skillset you want from a FS. Exum is very big and rangy for his size. He's a better prospect than Chancellor was when he was at Tech.

If we get that real rangy FS like a Pryor, we can move Reid to SS. As good as Reid will be as a FS, he could be THE BEST SS in the league if we had another prospect at FS who could really patrol the deep middle like a centerfielder. He has the ability to play both at a high level but at SS he could be lethal good in this scheme. Or you get a guy like Exum at SS who is big and rangy and allow Reid to continue to develop at FS and we're still in great shape. Reid's versatility gives us a lot of options when evaluating safety prospects.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-03-2014 at 01:18 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He literally said he's happy. It's pretty clear, cut, and dry. I'm not arguing over semantics. He wrote it. Twice actually. And his "reasoning" that he's happy the Seahawks are hoisting the trophy instead of the 49ers is so that it will "show" the 49ers organization how to win one. Because I guess these last three seasons they were incapable.
Dont get me wrong, I wasnt jumping up and down or anything like that. I was happy because between the Broncos and Seahawks, I wanted the Seahawks to win for reasons I have already posted. I'm not pissed at all like you are. So, the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Big ******* deal!!! When they get to four, then I'll hate them with a passion but until then, no point.

Being capable of winning and ACTUALLY WINNING are two different things. Sorry but the 49ers DONT know how to win in the playoffs the last three years. They win the early games but lose when it matters most. They should have crushed the Seahawks but didnt and when it was crunch time, Kaepernick FAILED plain and simple. He should have run instead of passing because its obvious, his passing isnt what it should be yet.

The horrible play calling, bad execution, wasting timeouts (but not using them in SEA????) not using the talent you have, horrible third down conversion percentage, settling for field goals instead of getting touchdowns, running a combination of different offensive schemes but not great at any of them, etc....these have been problems for the last three seasons and until this stuff gets fixed, they're not going to win a championship. They had their chance against the Ravens and they all blew it.

I watched Seattle yesterday score TOUCHDOWNS and convert third downs majority of the time. Two things we suck at and yet, you and others think that we're the superior team? Hmmm, NO. To be superior, YOU MUST WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Not just contend for them.

Same reason why MANNING ISNT THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME. He contends for championships but at the end of the day, its the same as going 0-16 because you won NOTHING. You're the loser, the goat, the laughing stock, whatever you want to call it.

I want my 49ers to WIN more than anyone else here but at the same time, im not kidding myself. Team needs to improve in a lot of areas before it will win a championship. Watching the Seahawks CRUSH the Broncos last night is what we should have been doing for three years but we either lose, have close battles or let teams hang around when they shouldnt.

I want the 49ers to CRUSH their opponents and I understand thats not going to happen most of the time but im sorry, the 49ers dont play up to the skill and talent that they have on the roster. Team should be dominant and they're not.

Instead of being pissed at me or the Seahawks, why not be pissed at Kaepernick for those three turnovers that were all him. Last year, I was on hype train for him but not anymore. He needs to shut the **** up and prove that he can be a true franchise QB because right now, he's nothing more than a better version of Vick and thats not saying much. If he doesnt improve his fundamentals this off-season and does the same crap in 2014 that he just did in 2013, then I for one will be hoping for a new QB. Two years later...he MUST show progress. There's no excuses. Time to stop tweeting, twating or whatever the hell that crap is called and start working on improving his game as opposed to his muscles and tattoos.

I will always be a 49ers fan and support them but at the same time, im not going to turn a blind eye when I see a problem, especially one that keeps repeating over and over. After a while, quite honestly, you start to care less because there's no point because you already know whats going to happen. Maybe im the only one that feels this way but its my right and my opinion just like you have the right to be mad at me for being happy that the Seahawks won and just like you have the right for your own opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I just don't see the need to get argumentative over it. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels. We're ALL Niner fans here. Questioning ppls 'fandom' based of their reaction off of another team's success just seems like a waste of time and energy to me. Moving on....

I didn't watch the game but just looking at the box score, I hope ppl NOW start to appreciate just how good of a game CK had against THAT defense, IN Seattle no less. I know you can't cherry-pick the INTs but he was a couple of throws away from beating that defense single-handley. It would be wise for ppl not to just harp on what he isn't, but to appreciate what he is. Peyton was being hailed as the greatest QB of all time before this game. Safe to say, even the GOAT can struggle against that defense.
Kaepernick had a good game for THREE quarters but when the time came for him to be "clutch" (and yes, to me, its one of the most important aspects in sports), he failed to deliver. Forget the throws, he should have RAN at the end because quite honestly, he's easily a better runner than he is a passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
Happy to see Seattle win????????? WTF is wrong with you???? No seriously, WTF is wrong with you??? You need to pick a different team or a different psychologist/psychiatrist. You are sick man, really, SICK!!!! I just came back on this forum yesterday and I already need a break from you psychos. Better logic would be found under the Raider forums I'm sure. Wow, just WOW
Nothing is wrong with me. Just because the Seahawks are in my division doesnt mean that I have to hate them. Just because they beat the 49ers doesnt mean that I have to hate them. They're a great team. They're a great coached team. They're a great built team. Quite honestly, their secondary is what ours should be but isnt. They dont mouth off. They simply play their asses off and thats whay they win and because of that, they have my respect. Also, when Kaepernick is coming off like a sore loser and keeps bitching, I must admit that im turned off to him almost completely. I dont have a problem if Kaepernick wants to mouth off but BACK IT UP!!! He hasnt. Until he does, he needs to shut the hell up.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I really haven't seen any evidence of this unless you are talking about playing Madden, teams are too smart to fall for this. Players are payed by projected performance only.
Teams are too smart??? Seriously??? Not every team but a lot of them overpay players. Tate for example could be a perfect example in a month from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Sorry to necro this by a page but you surely cannot really believe this right? BAL and NYG both won the lottery against us. Do you really believe that if we played those teams 10 times under the same conditions that we would not have won at least 6-7 of them? I mean honestly?

BAL threw up multiple long range hail mary type of passes that landed, needed a kickoff TD return, and (2) missed holding calls to beat us (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuHVXrWmTFM, and http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/1...-nfl-rule-book.

The NYG needed Ted Ginn to be injured and Kyle Williams to lose 3 fumbles, I repeat 3 fumble losses, 2 of which were inside our 30 yard line and 1 of which of course was in overtime to beat us (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwcvtQsiiM4). And don't forget the horrible "forward progress" call (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMCk9r_GYwc).
Forget Kyle Williams and his fumbles. We had chances to win at the end of the game and we failed, period. And I know about the Bradshaw bullcrap but hey, you cant keep using bad calls as excuses. Eventually, you have to overcome the bad calls and WIN the ******* game. Its that simple.

The Ravens were kicking our asses plain and simple. I'll give Kaepernick and Crabtree credit for getting us back in the game but at the end of the game when it matters most to play your absolute best, the entire offense failed as did the coaching staff and the play calling.

Eventually, you need to own up to whats not working and change some stuff. Make adjustments. Fix the problems. Cant just blame missed calls or this or that because we've had our fair share of them go in our favor so it all evens out. Again, in the end, you have to overcome all that crap and just WIN the game.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'm far more pissed about last years SB than anything else. Watching a rival win is easier when your team has a SB ring. NFC's only going to get tougher. And if we sign Kaep and Aldon to big deals, thats less money for Boldin, FA's, etc. We need to kill it in the 2014 draft and have our 2013 draft picks start to make impacts. I'm looking for Carradine, Lemonier, Patton, and Lattimore to take that next step. Hopefully Vance too.

I am jealous of Seattle's Secondary...Eric Reid has played well and shown some serious potential. But i'd love 2 big physical DB's with speed like Chancellor/Sherman duo for the Seahawks in the draft (and both were 5th round picks....Chancellor is what Taylor Mays was supposed to be). A speed WR in the draft who can return kicks and punts. Another RB in case Lattimore can't handle the load in place of Gore (who i expect to have a reduced role and salary or not be on the team anymore). And 2 interior OL, 1 to take over at C, and a G in case we can't re-sign Iupati. And with 11-12 picks i think we can get everything on our wish list, especially with 5 in the first 3 rounds.

I also want some added pass rush help, but i'm assuming Lemonier and Carradine can fill that void too.
This, 100%.

I'm STILL pissed at losing to the Ravens last year. **** the Seahawks and their one and only championship. Big ******* deal!!!

And yeah, I want our secondary to be like the Seahawks. Only problem is that even if we had Sherman, Thomas and Chancellor, it wouldnt matter because I dont think that Fangio would use them correctly.

As much as I want a CB in the first round, Pryor is equal to that. Having an awesome safety combination would be great for us. Must admit that if we have two rookies starting, a second year player starting and Brock, I might actually be more hyped for our secondary than I have been the last three years.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. 5 is still greater than 1. They have bragging rights because their one is shiny and brand new but they still got some catching up to do.

As for their safties, its Earl Thomas that makes that whole defense work. Kam is a baller don't get me wrong. Been watching him since his Maury days. A part of me is proud of him, being we're from the same city. But Kam is more like a extra LB in the box the way they scheme their defense. He's not fast. Plenty athletic, but doeent have anywhere near the speed Thomas has. Earl Thomas just has range that allows him to cover so much ground, so quickly. That allows them to basically have a 8 man box on first and second down and just swarm the line of scrimmage. That and the bailtynto pressure with 4. That defense didn't really take off until they acquirred Avril and Bennett. They solidified the pass-rush and took them to from a very good defense to a great defense.

Great news is there are a lot of great safety prospects in this draft. Personally, I'm really high on Pryor from Louisville, Exum form VT, and Ward from NIU. Ward might be better as a CB at the next level, depending on what he runs. High IQ player who is always in the right position and has versatility to be a chess piece in any secondary. Love Love LOVE Pryor and Exum. Pryor to me, is very similar to Thomas as far as range. And he hits like Goldson. To me, has the ideal skillset you want from a FS. Exum is very big and rangy for his size. He's a better prospect than Chancellor was when he was at Tech.

If we get that real rangy FS like a Pryor, we can move Reid to SS. As good as Reid will be as a FS, he could be THE BEST SS in the league if we had another prospect at FS who could really patrol the deep middle like a centerfielder. He has the ability to play both at a high level but at SS he could be lethal good in this scheme. Or you get a guy like Exum at SS who is big and rangy and allow Reid to continue to develop at FS and we're still in great shape. Reid's versatility gives us a lot of options when evaluating safety prospects.
This. 100% agree.

Cant wait for the DRAFT!!! And right now, im hoping the 49ers are getting ready to unload some of the crap thats currently in our secondary.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we get that real rangy FS like a Pryor, we can move Reid to SS.
Uhoh... Someone's thinking like me. As of right now, Pryor is my hope.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp4...e_gdata_player

straight garbage. this is going to haunt me for a long time
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post

Saw this all over facebook today, I'm not really a conspiracy guy but that game has got to be one of the worst officiated games ever.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the 49ers lost fair and square. They had their chances to win that game an didn't capitalize. The only horrible call that stood out was the blown decision against Bowman who recovered the fumble. It didn't matter as Marshawn coughed it up a play later. Kaepernick's three turnovers in the fourth quarter sealed our fate. Best to just move on.

EDIT: Now that I remember it, the non-call on Andy Lee was equally terrible. Should have been a 15 yard penalty and a first down.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-04-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post

WOW!!! Must admit that the officials screwed the 49ers but im not surprised as its the third straight year its happened. Wouldnt be surprised if it happens again next year.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

funny how whitner lights up luke wilson and his a$$ goes flying john elway style which immediately warrants a flag, probably not even for the hit but by the way wilsons body contorts mid air. no flag and we have just set the tone for the game the same way whitner did to pierre thomas 2 years ago...see how that turned out

Chancellor lights up whoever he damn well pleases whether it it vernon or demaryius thomas and it stand and similarly sets the tone for his team.

Gene salvatore = garbage
jerome bogart = garbage
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHx1KkfH97E

Allen Robinson vs Stanley Jean Baptiste. Nice battle, Robinson is easily able to get off of SJB's jam coverage and gets behind him easily..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShK_qWUGQjU

Jason Verrett vs Beckham and Landry. Verrett does a great job, and adds some really nice tackles.

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 02-08-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that was a nice cut-up of Robinson on Jean-Baptise. The other samples of Robinson that are available are encouraging. I wouldn't mind if we went after him in the draft. The guy is money in terms of YAC. He's also a lot faster for his size than I thought he would be.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the starting duo coming in to next season as Culliver and Brock. But I still think we look for a DB in the draft in the middle rounds. I really would like a WR some time in the first two rounds. Other than that, I can't think of any glaring holes. Excited to see how Tank Carradine pans out

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yeah, that was a nice cut-up of Robinson on Jean-Baptise. The other samples of Robinson that are available are encouraging. I wouldn't mind if we went after him in the draft. The guy is money in terms of YAC. He's also a lot faster for his size than I thought he would be.
I don't think he'll time all that great. Its not that he's fast for his size, more as his short-area quickness is above average for his size. He reminds me a lot of Alshon Jeffrey/Reuben Randle in how he can seperate, without possessing great foot speed. Its because they can break down their frame quickly with little wasted motion and get to top end speed with good burst. They all seem to accelerate quicker than most guys their size, though Robinson looks much better after catch than Jeffrey. Dont know if he possesses the same deep ball ability of Jeffrey though. I think he'd be a perfect guy to replace Crabs eventually, and in a bigger frame no less. Think he's a solid #2 WR in the pros once he polishes up his game and works on his route-running.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-14-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:47 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really hope we re-sign Boldin.

Also, in FA, i wouldn't mind signing two ex-49ers...Blake Costanzo and Shaun Hill. Hill is one of the better backup QB's in the league and miles better than Colt McCoy.

I also would not mind re-signing Phil Dawson, Donte Whitner, Kassim Osgood, etc...but i kind of want us to get younger and churn our roster a bit with new, cheap talent. Although if there isn't a good kicker available, we should sign phil the dril to another 1 year deal.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I hope the 3-year 18 million, 6 million guaranteed rumors are false though. It's going to be so hard to re-sign Crabtree, Aldon, and Kap already, I hope we don't have a 34 year-old receiver count 6 million against the cap for 3 more years. I'm sure we could front load the contract but still...I don't know, I'm kind of torn, I know we need him back but dang.....

Quote:
Old 02-16-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

There's no way they offer more than 2 years. 2 years, 10 mil with 7 guaranteed is what I was hearing. That sounds about right to me. That's roughly 3.5 mil a year base plus incentives. Being that he earned 6 mil last year alone, I think that's a fair deal for both parties.

I think Dawson may come back only if he's willing to take a team friendly deal. Whitner will not be back, sad to say. Just no way we can match the kind of money team's will throw at him. This will probably be he's last chance to cash in and he'd be silly not to.

Constanzo might be a viable option if his price is right. STs units was never quite the same since he left and with Bowman's injury, it would be wise add some LB depth to the STs units. I think we'll use the latter part of the draft and UDFAs to fill out the STs units and replace guys like Ventrone and Osgood. Both probably won't be back initially but if the young guys don't work out in pre-season, they likely sign one or the other to help stablize the coverage units with dependable vets.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

As much as I want to re-sign Boldin, I wouldnt go past one year $5m guaranteed for 2014. Anything past would just be "dummy" years and money that he'll never see.

Dont care about any of our other UFA's. I'm hoping that they all bolt. Only player I would re-sign to a multi year deal would be Cox because to tender him at $1.30m as an RFA is too high. If not, oh well.

12 draft picks. Time to start using them and more importantly, use them effectively.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

It's gonna be sad to see Iupati leave after this year and it will be even more sad if we have to say goodbye to Crabtree. I don't know how loyal Crabtree is to SF, I don't think there will be any discount for us, I think he will make a stricly business decision. All the more reason to draft a WR early this year.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
As much as I want to re-sign Boldin, I wouldnt go past one year $5m guaranteed for 2014. Anything past would just be "dummy" years and money that he'll never see.

Dont care about any of our other UFA's. I'm hoping that they all bolt. Only player I would re-sign to a multi year deal would be Cox because to tender him at $1.30m as an RFA is too high. If not, oh well.

12 draft picks. Time to start using them and more importantly, use them effectively.
This guy just came off a 1,000 yard season. He's not signing some one year deal like he's some relic were just using to get by. He could receive far mor than that if he really shopped his services but he wants to be a Niner so you have to come at him correct. You can get two solid years out of Boldin as a key contributor so I don't see the problem with a 2 year.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-17-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
This guy just came off a 1,000 yard season. He's not signing some one year deal like he's some relic were just using to get by. He could receive far mor than that if he really shopped his services but he wants to be a Niner so you have to come at him correct. You can get two solid years out of Boldin as a key contributor so I don't see the problem with a 2 year.
True but as great as he was for us, he could just as easily decline in 2014. Two years / $12m with $5m guaranteed in 2014 would be okay as long as they can release him in a year from now as opposed to getting stuck with him. I just dont want the team to do another Carlos Rogers deal and get stuck with the guy. To me, if I had to choose between one or the other, I would just let him leave.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Pryor likely long gone...

I'm firmly aboard this man's bandwagon at #30

Old 02-18-2014, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

In the voting mock i am running i voted for Joyner at #30 over Roby

Quote: