Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-29-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
Saints - Just going to do likely first round picks since most mock drafts wont go farther than that for a while and because there are 2 main positions the Saints would/should target with the first round pick.

1- OT - Charles Brown is mediocre a best and has been injury prone previously as a backup. He is a free agent after the season and is nothing more than a stop gap. The RT Zack Strief has played very well but is also a free agent to be. He is a decent RT but nothing special. Terron Armstead drafted last year could take one spot but when you have a QB like Brees you really would like to have a top notch LT. The only thing that can hold this offense down is letting the other team get pressure on Brees. First round tackle high priority.

2- 3-4 OLB - Parys Haralson has done a solid job opposite Junior Gallete who is a beast. He is another free agent to be who the better he plays the less likely he is to be back because of lack of cap space. Adding another top notch pass rusher could take the defense from very good to elite. Should be high priority for round 1 pick.
I think the first position is correct here but id very much would prefer a corner over a 3-4 OLB. Galette is a starter for a great many years to come and with Harylson and Butler coming back from injury we can get a starter opposite of him. Corner on the other hand i think is becomigng an issue again. Greer is declining, Patrick Robinson is a bust thats coming back from a big injury and the saints are in pass D a lot so having a guy to add to Keenan Lewis will be great.

my top 5 needs would be
1 OT
2 CB
3 3-4 OLB
4 Wideout (only deep threats, nothing slot receiver like)
5 DLine depth

with a TE being a possible high draft pick as well if the saints are not sure they can resign Graham, also with Watson being way old and the league looking more and more like a 2 TE league getting a player with great athletisism and size there would also relieve some of the pressures of a thin wideout group.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks needs:

Offensive Tackle and Guard

Big wide receiver

Defensive Tackle

Linebacker
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
shipraider21
Rookie

shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shipraider21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EAGLES needs:

CB
S
3-4OLB
WR
OG
shipraider21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
cajunrevenge
Rookie

cajunrevenge hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I think the first position is correct here but id very much would prefer a corner over a 3-4 OLB. Galette is a starter for a great many years to come and with Harylson and Butler coming back from injury we can get a starter opposite of him. Corner on the other hand i think is becomigng an issue again. Greer is declining, Patrick Robinson is a bust thats coming back from a big injury and the saints are in pass D a lot so having a guy to add to Keenan Lewis will be great.

my top 5 needs would be
1 OT
2 CB
3 3-4 OLB
4 Wideout (only deep threats, nothing slot receiver like)
5 DLine depth

with a TE being a possible high draft pick as well if the saints are not sure they can resign Graham, also with Watson being way old and the league looking more and more like a 2 TE league getting a player with great athletisism and size there would also relieve some of the pressures of a thin wideout group.
That list was before Greer's leg injury. I mostly agree with your list. I cant really see the first pick being anything but OT or CB. I think they sign Anthony Spencer on a cheap 1 year deal for next year.
cajunrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JETS Needs(In my personal order)

1) WR(We WILL cut Holmes leaving us Stephen Hill who is banged up often and has done nothing, Jeremy Kerley a nice target but not a superstar, David Nelson another useful player but nothing great, Greg Salas if he's even kept which isn't a guarantee.

In others words folks, the Jets need a go to WR in the worst way. Don't be shocked if Idzik dips 2x for WR in the draft.)

2) S(Was torn between placement of TE and S....its interchangeable. Reason I went with Safety is because we have gotten buried countless times with deep balls. Ed Reed may retire and he has been so sluggish since coming off, Antonio Allen is an overachiever who has done the best he could but he's still a liability in pass coverage, Dawan Landry is mediocre at best, Bush/Jarrett are backups at best. We need a big upgrade at the safety position and have needed it for a while.)

3) TE(Cumberland is a nice player but not an every down starter....not complete enough of a blocker and doesn't always get open. Winslow even with PEDs just doesn't cut it this point, Sudfeld is just an unknown project. We need a starting Tight End in the worst way possible. Don't be afraid to draft the Jets a TE in round 1.....the Jet fans may boo it at Radio City but as long as its good value, there's no reason to complain)

4) CB(This is taking Cromartie is cut which is a distinct possibility. Milliner and Kyle Wilson would be our 1-2 CB duo.....yeah not good. I still think Idzik brings in a veteran FA as our no.1 CB and not go to the draft for another rookie CB but it is still a need at this present time. Cromartie just is too hurt with his hip and not what he was last year to be relied upon heading into next year even if he restructures/is kept)

5) OLB(Calvin Pace SHOULD get resigned but he had a 10+ sack season and might get his final contract with someone else so if so, OLB might take a jump past CB. Would not be terrible if we got ourselves an OLB.....just not with the 1st round pick. Maybe a middle round pick, yes but we need offense, offense, offense. We can get away with someone in FA at this spot. Antwan Barnes was our go to pass rusher along with Coples and his season was lost early....so he might still get his job back in that regard)

6) OT/OG(This is taking Austin Howard is kept....if he's not, put OT up to No.3 right behind WR and S. Really our O-Line could stand to use some work. Colon may leave for FA but he's said if Rex is back that he wants to be back so good shot he returns as our starting RG. The Jets O-Line isn't that amazing so a flier in the later rounds for a lineman doesn't hurt. We took Campbell and Aboushi last draft and neither have figured it out enough to get activated so take that into account when mocking)

7) RB(As long as its an explosive RB and not a bruiser....then fine. Goodson is coming off a torn ACL and may not capture his speed but he was an Idzik signinee so I would still be lukewarm over drafting one to us unless its in the later rounds. Unless it is Dri Archer....)

8) KR/PR(Would prefer for a KR/PR with a late round pick who can contribute all around in special teams but if you give the Jets Dri Archer.....you knock quite a bit of birds with one stone.)

9) QB(Yes QB is very low here.....Geno Smith was an Idzik pick and with Rex/Marty M./Lee all returning most likely, I just would be shocked if we drafted a QB with a high pick. Maybe a late round flier....sure. But look for the Jets to sign a veteran QB like a McCown type to give Geno some competition)

10) ILB(David Harris is going to his final year......and DeMario Davis is a very nice player but not a star so if your going to go with a 7 round draft, taking an ILB with a 6th or 7th round pick makes total sense)

So yeah if your doing the Jets in mock drafts.....go offense, offense, offense and get a safety/CB somewhere among the 1st 3 rounds. Jets have 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.....desirable 3 of the 4 picks go for the offensive side.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 12-30-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots Needs

I feel these are their three biggest needs, not in any order.

DT:They were starting two undrafted free agents at one point this season, had to trade for Sopoaga, and their other DT they signed off their practice squad. Armond Armstead has not worked out and his health has been a problem and Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly are not getting any younger.

TE:Even when Gronk was healthy TE was a need, but his consistent health problems make it even more of a need then it was before. All three of the tight ends on the active roster are free agents after the season

G/C:The interior offensive line play has been shoddy at times with many fans complaining about the play of Dan Connolly and Ryan Wendell. They've also lost some of their depth at the position as both Marcus Cannon and Logan Mankins have had to play tackle at some point this season due to injuries there.

Some other positions of need could be LB and CB with Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib both hitting free agency. Belichick let Samuel walk and I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with Talib, Logan Ryan has played well this year and Alfonzo Dennard and Kyle Arrington are signed past next season. With Spikes gone you could have a LB core composed of Collins, Hightower, and Mayo. Another LB would be nice, especially with Mayo having suffered a season ending injury this year.

A lot of people will say that WR is a big need for the Patriots and one they will address in the draft. I don't think that will be the case though. The first three positions I listed I consider to be far more pressing than WR. Unless Belichick falls in love with a prospect like Jordan Matthews I can't see them spending a high draft pick on a WR. Edelman has really emerged, Amendola is around too, Thompkins played well earlier this year, Dobson has improved somewhat, and Boyce has flashed some nice moves when he's played.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions Needs:

1) WR - Calvin is the only WR on the roster who should play consistently in the NFL. Burleson is aging and is a #3 at best, Broyles is a bust and the rest of the WRs aren't worth typing out. Way too many drops this year and it's very apparent that Stafford needs some help outside of Calvin and Bush. I wouldn't be shocked if the lions took 2 WRs in the first 4 rounds of this draft.

2) CB - I rank this as 2nd only because they do have some young talent there with Slay and Bentley. Houston had a downyear and it was a stretch to call him a CB1 even before this year. I'd expect us to pick up a CB to push Slay for the CB2 spot.

3) Center - Raiola could retire this year or next year, Center is really the one future need this oline needs unless Waddle fails to continue his progression at RT. I was expecting a Center to be pick last year and they didn't. I'll be shocked if they don't get one this year to hopefully play behind Raiola and then start after he reitres.

4) Linebacker - Tulloch and Levy are very solid but the other OLB has been a rotating player for a while now and noone has claimed it. Fortunately they are able to hide this up a bit behind the Dline and with the presence of Tulloch and Levy, but eventually they need a guy to be consistent here.

5) Safety - Delmas has a big salary cap hit this year and his knees will always be in question. His years as an NFL are unfortunately numbered due to his injury past and the backups are nowhere near starting caliber.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns - A new franchise.

1.) QB - Hoyer is still an unknown. I am a huge fan of his personally because I actually saw some NFL quality throws when he played. The Browns have been scouting Manziel pretty hard lately and a new coach is more than likely going to be paired with a new QB.

2.) RB - We really don't have one on the roster besides Dion Lewis who was injured this year.

3.) WR - Besides Josh Gordon we have absolutely no one.

4.) Guard - Greco is OK but we have a massive hole at right guard.

5.) Linebacker - Inside linebacker will be a cause for concern with the potential release of D'Qwell Jackson and the switch to a 4-3 if we do make that switch.

6.) Strong safey or center could be a need with regards to Ward/Mack.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers team needs for the 2014 NFL Draft

1 - CB
Going into the 2013 regular season, the 49ers had cornerbacks Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, Tramaine Brock, Nnamdi Asomugha, Perrish Cox and Darryl Morris. Chris Culliver was placed on IR with a torn ACL during training camp and Eric Wright was on the PUP list. Overall, we had eight cornerbacks on the entire roster.

Since then, we released Asomugha, activated Wright and released Cox only to bring him back a few weeks ago. Rogers has been battling a hamstring injury in the time that Cox has returned and been playing. On the positive side, Brock as emerged as a starter and was signed to a four year extension several weeks ago.

Going into the off-season, Brown and Wright will be UFA's while Cox will be a RFA. Rogers is expected to be released in order to save cap room and considering that the team would save over $5.1m for 2014 and $7.6m in 2015, releasing him should be the very first transaction the team makes come mid to late February.

Brock will come back as the starting right corner but after him, its very cloudy. Culliver will be coming back from a torn ACL and a horrible game in the Super Bowl loss to the Ravens. Also, he'll be an UFA in 2015. While the 49ers could extend him coming off a major injury, he's still going to be rusty and out of football shape.

Cox will be a RFA and im hoping he gets an extension as he's played very well in the two playoff wins. Unlike Rogers who seems to get targeted a lot, Rodgers and Newton stayed away from Cox in the slot. Cox playing ahead of Wright tells me that he's one and done in SF. Morris will return as the fourth or fifth cornerback and on special teams.

The starting left cornerback spot is where we need a high draft pick. With what happened with Brown's contract and losing money last off-season as well as his age and the amount of draft picks we do have, im not expecting him back either. Going into the 2014 league year, im expecting half the cornerbacks to still be on the roster.

With the amount of draft picks we have, im hoping that we go after the best cover cornerback who plays on the left side. If that means trading up, thats fine by me. Even with drafting a cornerback in the first round, I would still like to see the team add another before the end of round three (or round four if we trade up to draft a cornerback).

2 - SS
Donte Whitner has had a good three year run but I see it coming to an end. Due to his age and him most likely wanting to cash in one last time as an UFA this coming March, I see him bolting to the highest bidder ala Goldson a year ago. We have Craig Dahl and C.J. Spillman as backups who could fill the spot for a year but more likely, we would draft Whitner's replacement early in the draft. If we can somehow find another player as good as what Reid has been, we'll have one hell of a safety combination. Back to Whitner, I personally would let him walk as an UFA.

3 - C
Jonathan Goodwin will be an UFA this off-season and at 35, I dont see him returning. He may even decide to retire. While we have young Daniel Kilgore as the backup, he's going into the final year of his rookie contract and im not sure if the team sees him as the starting center come 2014. Either way, im hoping he gets extended sooner rather than later. Regardless, a young rookie is needed at center. Hopefully, within the first three rounds with the ability and talent to start as a rookie.

4 - OG
While the 49ers currently have two great guards in Mike Iupati on the left side and Alex Boone on the right side, Iupati will be an UFA in 2015 and most likely demand more money than the 49ers are willing to pay. Boone will be an UFA a year after Iupati. We currently have veteran OG/OT Adam Snyder and OG Joe Looney as the backups but neither are long term solutions. While im hoping the team can extend Iupati this off-season, I wouldnt be surprised if they dont due to Iupati wanting too much money.

I would definitely be looking for a starting caliber OG early in the draft because even if the team extends Iupati, having good depth doesnt hurt. Could also release Snyder which would save over $1m in cap room for 2014.

While a long shot, another possibility would be to trade Iupati. If the team cant or wont extend him, the best they would get for him would be a third round compensation draft pick in 2016 which is two years away. While I would much rather prefer to keep and extend Iupati, if they cant, trading him away to a team that would give up a second or even top ten pick in the third round who's willing to extend him would be a good move.

Getting a higher draft pick, saving just under $2m in cap room for 2014 and getting his replacement this upcoming Draft would be great. The rookie would have Staley next to him and while the thought of a rookie combination at center and left guard sounds bad at first, if the team hits on the picks, its not going matter if they're rookies.

5 - WR
While many will think that receiver is a priority if we lose upcoming UFA Anquan Boldin, its not. Extending Crabtree is the main priority. With the last two receivers we drafted in the first round being busts and trading Jenkins for another first round bust in Baldwin, I personally would stay away from all the receivers in the first round unless there's an A.J. Green/Calvin Johnson type and even then, that receiver would be long gone anyway.

Mario Manningham is an UFA and not expected back. Rookie Quinton Patton has shown flashes and I look for him to get the shot to start opposite Crabtree if we dont re-sign Boldin. Ideally, I would love to see the team re-sign Boldin for one more year and worry about his replacement in 2015 while also giving Patton another year to improve. Jonathan Baldwin will be going into the final year of his rookie contract and could be a cap casualty which would save the team just over $1.4m in cap room. I would most likely hang on to him until after the Draft at the very least.

Drafting a receiver in the mid rounds is likely and while early is also a possibility, its a need thats not more pressing than those listed ahead of it.

6 - OT
While Joe Staley and Anthony Davis are set as the starters, we could use another backup. We currently have rookies Carter Bykowski on the practice squad and Luke Marquardt on the NFI list. Bykowski was a late round draft pick and Marquardt was signed as an undrafted free agent. Adding another OT in the mid rounds for depth and competition with the previously mentioned rookies would be great.

7 - K
Kicker Phil Dawson will be an UFA in March. While most are expecting him to come back, I dont think it would be at the $2.35m salary that he's making this year. Too much money being tied into a veteran kicker when you can draft a rookie for four years who'll most likely still be cheaper than re-signing Dawson for one more year. With that said, I do expect him to be re-signed or to see another veteran kicker brought in to replace him.

Those are the top seven positions of need. On a side note, a lot of mock drafts I see here and on other sites have us taking one or two defensive linemen early. Since those people obviously havent looked over our roster, im going to do it for them.

At defensive end, we have starters Justin Smith and Ray McDonald, both of whom arent UFA's until 2016 and 2017 respectively. While both could become a cap casualty in 2015 and 2016 respectively, we still have plenty of depth along the defensive line.

After them two, we have second year player Cornelius Carradine who missed his entire rookie season due to injury and thankfully, we didnt need him. We have second year emerging player Tony Jerod-Eddie who'll be an RFA in 2015 and should be on the team for another two years because of that. We also have RFA's Demarcus Dobbs and Will Tukuafu who I fully expect to be on the roster come pre-season. We also have undrafted second year player Lawrence Okoye waiting in the wings who didnt play in his rookie season due to injury. That's a whopping seven defensive ends alone for at least 2014 and most likely, beyond.

At nose tackle, we have current starter Glenn Dorsey who replaced previous starter Ian Williams to got injured early in the season and was placed on injured reserve. Dorsey is under contract through 2014 and I dont see him going anywhere. Williams is under contract for another two years at a cheap rate. We also have rookie Quinton Dial and undrafted NT Mike Purcell on the practice squad. That's four nose tackles right there.

What makes seeing us drafting a NT in the first round so puzzling is that we play a 2-4-5 more than a base and traditional 3-4. Our LB core is so damn good that they rarely come off the field. As long as we have that LB core, it would be a waste of a first round draft pick if spent on the defensive line since there's already so many players ahead and because the nose tackle plays less than any of the three defensive linemen.

With that said, I do see them drafting a defensive lineman or two at some point in the draft just to add more depth but first three rounds, unless its a stud that greatly overshadows the other positions of need, I dont see it happening nor should it.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

You really have WR as the 5th priority for SF? LOL
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm going to go ahead and just repeat myself from a mock draft thread because I felt this sums up the Raiders current needs.

When it comes to the defensive front 7 right now the Raiders have two distinctly different needs. These are not the only needs in the front 7; I am simply attempting to differentiate the two.

1) Outside pass rushers (4-3 DE/3-4 OLB)
2) Gap-controlling interior defensive linemen (3-4 NT/4-3 DT/3-4 DE)

Floyd can project to a 3-4 DE, but he is a single gap penetrator and he struggles at controlling the line of scrimmage. And yet he still doesn't get to the QB very well.

The Raiders are much better served getting someone who is versatile enough to play DE/OLB and provide a pass rush while also addressing the need to get at least 1 (maybe 3) player(s) who can actually control the line of scrimmage.

Because of the bevy of needs all over the roster due to 1) numerous players in free agency, 2) cap hell, and 3) players just playing poorly at their positions, the best option for the Raiders is a trade down to pick up more assets.

In order:
1) Trade down*
2) Pass-rusher or gap-controller
3) See above
4) CB
5) MLB
6) RT
7) CB
8) OG

The difficult problem is how urgent so many of these needs are--like all of them. None of these are luxuries. The Raiders have maybe 2 starters under contract in the front 7 right now (Burris/Houston). So they clearly need to address that repeatedly (like Crow would address Kate Upton repeatedly). They have no starting corners under contract, however RM comes from the philosophy of building from the inside out so likely addressing lines first. They have a black hole at RT that absolutely killed the Raiders as much as the ZBS did last year. And they need probably 2 new OGs.

After these urgent needs are taken care of, the Raiders could use a #1 WR, a TE to replace Brandon Myers if he leaves, a RBotF and a QBotF.

Raider fans am I missing anything?

*Caveat: I know most mock drafters aren't comfortable with projecting trades.
Is it sad that we are a full 12 months away from this post and I would not feel comfortable take a single need off of this list?

In fact, I would say that the Raiders need to add a few more pressing needs here. I would move their secondary needs up the list: #1 WR, TE, RBotF (and RBotPresent) and then add free safety and franchise QB. Note that I would only feel it's worth addressing if they can actually get a franchise QB. And there's only 1 I feel comfortable with (Bridgewater) and 2 I could talk myself into (Manziel in 1st, Carr late 20s-mid-30s).

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:07 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
You really have WR as the 5th priority for SF? LOL
Yeah, I do. I think that the other four positions are far more important. If we dont re-sign Boldin, things change but at the same time, I think Baalke would go for a cheap FA WR like he did with Manningham two years ago. Another reason why I wouldnt reach for a WR is because Kaepernick hasnt improved enough to where he goes through his progressions and will force the ball to Crabtree, Boldin and Davis before throwing to a wide open player (Patton in the NFCCG on the game ending INT). CB and safety are interchangeable but definitely the top two by far.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders

1. QB: McGloin has shown enough to keep his roster spot. Pryor pretty much talked himself out of a job, though. Seems a good bet that we'll be adding both a veteran presence here as well as an early round rookie.

2. Edge rusher: Be it a pure 43 DE or a LEO type, this is as glaring a hole as QB. This need is even more pressing given the uncertain future of Lamarr Houston. He's a stated offseason priority of the team, but he doesn't talk like a guy who sees staying put as his priority. Time will tell.

3. DT: Oakland has no one currently under contract capable of starting at any of our 4 defensive line positions. Obviously, free agency will affect this, and potentially every other, position. But there's no denying the dire nature of the Raiders' D-line situation. If two of our first three picks are defensive linemen, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

4. CB: The revolving door in Oakland's secondary figures to continue with only DJ Hayden currently under contract and capable of starting. I expect that he'll be joined by two or three free agent additions, and it's even possible that one of those could be Tracy Porter or Mike Jenkins. I like to believe we'll be looking to upgrade, though. As this regime appears to place a premium on the position, a CB on the second day of the draft would not surprise me at all.

5. WR: Would be higher on the list if not for the fact we do have three warm bodies under contract here who are at least capable of starting...even if they probably shouldn't be. What we don't have is someone who can consistently get open, convert 1st downs and make big plays. I like to ask "It's 3rd & 8 with the game on the line. Who do you go to?" If you have to think before answering, you could probably stand to upgrade. We don't have that guy right now. Streater (the closest thing we have to a dependable receiver), Holmes and Moore all bring something useful to the table, but they would have the chance to truly shine given a legitimate go-to receiver to pull everything together.

6. TE: Rivera had a nice rookie year as a receiver, but his blocking is pretty bad. He's more in the H-back mold and will never be able to play as an inline TE. If we're going to be the power run oriented offense we expect to be, we'll obviously need a TE capable of assuming some heavy blocking responsibilities. A big, plodding blocking specialist is easy to find. What we need is an every down starter. Someone in that Jason Witten/Heath Miller mold to help get our ground game going and give our QB a reliable outlet, as well as someone who can threaten the seam that's so wide open in today's game. It would be great if Nick Kasa developed into that guy, but we can't exactly wait around hoping that will happen.

7. OG: I only put guard this low due to positional value. If you watched any Raiders games, you know that we were bleeding to death all year long at LG. The guys at PFF will wear Lucas Nix masks next Halloween. That's how horrifyingly bad he graded out there. At RG, we have the aging and injury prone Mike Brisiel. The only other guys we currently have to address this need are the undrafted Lamar Mady and the seemingly injury prone and disappointing Tony Bergstrom. This is a real problem.

8. FS: There's mutual interest between the Raiders and Charles Woodson for a reunion, so we can expect that to happen. Depth, and the ever elusive FS of the future, however, are nonexistent. Considering the popularity of 3 safety nickel packages, this is something that needs addressing.

I can see any of these positions being taken in the first 3 rounds. They each stick out like sore thumbs and need to be addressed in some form or fashion.

After that, we get more into depth concerns.

9. OT: I fully expect Jared Veldheer to re-sign and hold down the left side for us. I'm presuming Menelik Watson, with a year under his belt, will be more physically and mentally ready and should be given every opportunity to start at RT. That being said, a backup plan would be nice. We lost both of these guys to injury for an extended period of time and it was rough. We may well bring back Tony Pashos (Another injury prone lineman. Theme?) and Matt McCants as depth, but someone a little stouter would be very useful.

10. RB: Like Houston and Veldheer, Rashad Jennings is one of McKenzie's stated free agent priorities. Given his success here and the typically lukewarm market for free agent RBs, I don't foresee any problem bringing him back as the presumptive starter. Our next best RB is our starting FB, so you can see the problem here. I would anticipate taking someone on day 3 who can compliment Jennings' power game. Not necessarily a Sproles type, but someone more adept at running outside as well as inside and hitting the homerun.

11. OLB: Kevin Burnett is in the final year of his deal, and while he was often our best defender, he's not a longterm answer. I don't know if Kaluka Maiava is either, but I'm pretty sure Miles Burris is not. An heir apparent here, perhaps someone of the edge rushing LEO ilk mention earlier, would be in order. Someone who could come in the way Aldon Smith did: Purely a passing down specialist as a rookie before taking over the starting job in year two. We blitz our LBs obscenely often, so that ability is a must for whoever we bring in.

12. C: There's currently no contingency plan in place should Wisniewski get hurt again. Someone who can do double duty as G/C depth would be outstanding.

13. Return Specialist: With any luck at all, this will be taken care of when we address our CB, WR & RB woes. But, if not, this is a position that's begging to be addressed.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated saints needs:

Assuming Jimmy Graham sticks around, otherwise TE goes about tops.

1 CB
2 RT
3 WR
4 FS
5 ILB depth
6 Center

notice please that there is no DLine, OLB or running back in there!

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Everson Griffen signing, the Vikings officially don't need a DE until, at the very least, the third.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updating Browns needs:

QB - Still up in the air as to what the new regime thinks of the top 5 prospects, as well as Brian Hoyer.

RB - Absolute must to draft and/or sign two RB's.

FB - Don't have a true FB on the roster.

WR - Need someone to go opposite Gordon. Maybe add speed inside.

TE - Could use depth here to go with Cameron.

OG - Need another starting Guard, whether they move Schwartz inside and bring in a new RT, or simply sign/draft a Guard.

ILB - With D'Qwell gone, this 3-4 defense doesn't have a single starting caliber ILB.

CB - A starter next to Haden or depth, depending on how they view Skrine.

S - Gipson is a solid starter, but there's no one next to him. Pettine's D doesn't use the FS/SS designations, so no concerns there.

K - Cundiff re-signed, but needs competition.

I'd list the importance in this order:

1. QB
2. ILB
3. RB
4. S

*gap*

5. WR (this low because of how badly we need starters at the other 4 spots)
6. OG
7. FB
8. CB
9. TE

*gap*

10. K

Need to place a big focus on the first four, then move forward.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
JETS Needs(In my personal order)

1) WR(We WILL cut Holmes leaving us Stephen Hill who is banged up often and has done nothing, Jeremy Kerley a nice target but not a superstar, David Nelson another useful player but nothing great, Greg Salas if he's even kept which isn't a guarantee.

In others words folks, the Jets need a go to WR in the worst way. Don't be shocked if Idzik dips 2x for WR in the draft.)

2) S(Was torn between placement of TE and S....its interchangeable. Reason I went with Safety is because we have gotten buried countless times with deep balls. Ed Reed may retire and he has been so sluggish since coming off, Antonio Allen is an overachiever who has done the best he could but he's still a liability in pass coverage, Dawan Landry is mediocre at best, Bush/Jarrett are backups at best. We need a big upgrade at the safety position and have needed it for a while.)

3) TE(Cumberland is a nice player but not an every down starter....not complete enough of a blocker and doesn't always get open. Winslow even with PEDs just doesn't cut it this point, Sudfeld is just an unknown project. We need a starting Tight End in the worst way possible. Don't be afraid to draft the Jets a TE in round 1.....the Jet fans may boo it at Radio City but as long as its good value, there's no reason to complain)

4) CB(This is taking Cromartie is cut which is a distinct possibility. Milliner and Kyle Wilson would be our 1-2 CB duo.....yeah not good. I still think Idzik brings in a veteran FA as our no.1 CB and not go to the draft for another rookie CB but it is still a need at this present time. Cromartie just is too hurt with his hip and not what he was last year to be relied upon heading into next year even if he restructures/is kept)

5) OLB(Calvin Pace SHOULD get resigned but he had a 10+ sack season and might get his final contract with someone else so if so, OLB might take a jump past CB. Would not be terrible if we got ourselves an OLB.....just not with the 1st round pick. Maybe a middle round pick, yes but we need offense, offense, offense. We can get away with someone in FA at this spot. Antwan Barnes was our go to pass rusher along with Coples and his season was lost early....so he might still get his job back in that regard)

6) OT/OG(This is taking Austin Howard is kept....if he's not, put OT up to No.3 right behind WR and S. Really our O-Line could stand to use some work. Colon may leave for FA but he's said if Rex is back that he wants to be back so good shot he returns as our starting RG. The Jets O-Line isn't that amazing so a flier in the later rounds for a lineman doesn't hurt. We took Campbell and Aboushi last draft and neither have figured it out enough to get activated so take that into account when mocking)

7) RB(As long as its an explosive RB and not a bruiser....then fine. Goodson is coming off a torn ACL and may not capture his speed but he was an Idzik signinee so I would still be lukewarm over drafting one to us unless its in the later rounds. Unless it is Dri Archer....)

8) KR/PR(Would prefer for a KR/PR with a late round pick who can contribute all around in special teams but if you give the Jets Dri Archer.....you knock quite a bit of birds with one stone.)

9) QB(Yes QB is very low here.....Geno Smith was an Idzik pick and with Rex/Marty M./Lee all returning most likely, I just would be shocked if we drafted a QB with a high pick. Maybe a late round flier....sure. But look for the Jets to sign a veteran QB like a McCown type to give Geno some competition)

10) ILB(David Harris is going to his final year......and DeMario Davis is a very nice player but not a star so if your going to go with a 7 round draft, taking an ILB with a 6th or 7th round pick makes total sense)

So yeah if your doing the Jets in mock drafts.....go offense, offense, offense and get a safety/CB somewhere among the 1st 3 rounds. Jets have 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.....desirable 3 of the 4 picks go for the offensive side.
Now with the bulk of FA over....time to revise this bad boy.

1) CB- Cromartie is gone. We signed nobody, Milliner outside of two games was lousy year 1 and Kyle Wilson is a no.3 at best. Not a terrible idea to give the Jets a CB in the 1st 3 rounds and you can justify giving the Jets Dennard or Gilbert round 1 honestly.

2) TE- We resigned Cumberland but he isn't a steady blocker nor is he that great of a receiver. We can stand for a big improvement in this position.

3) S- Ed Reed is at best a backup, Dawan Landry was pretty bad last year, Antonio Allen is alright. You can draft two safeties for the Jets but we need a FS more than a SS IMHO.

4) WR- We signed Decker....and have Kerley, Hill(Who knows if he's around) and David Nelson. Might sign Jacoby Ford but regardless a WR in the 1st 3 rounds would be needed. Reason this is down is because this is such a deep class where we can find a WR Day 2 or 3 to help our depth.

5) OLB(We resigned Calvin Pace but he's older now and you never know. McIntyre last I heard is a FA so we can stand to get ourselves a young body at this spot. Address this day 3 though unless its absolute insane value like Mack or Barr falling to the Jets.)

6) OG- Colon is injury prone and coming off a tear his final game of the year and Brian Winters was mediocre in pass protection in year 1. We drafted Campbell last year but you can draft the Jets a OG in Day 3, it would be cool.

7) Speed RB- Dri Archer or someone else would be a great dose of tylenol for the Jets. Can't rely on Goodson off a torn ACL. We've shown interest in Sproles, Hawkins and last year Tavon Austin so a little gadget would be awesome.

KR/PR(If you draft Beckham Jr or Archer or some other WR/CB who can do this, cool beans), ILB, Backup/Project QB(Unless we don't sign Vick or something) round out top 10.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 03-20-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

For the Bengals, my take on the top 5 needs:

1. LT/LG- LT Andrew Whitworth is in his early 30s and is starting to slow down. He will likely be the LT in 2014, but Bengals could need a replacement by 2015. LG is potentially open with starter Clint Boling suffering a torn ACL last November and only last year's 5th rounder, Tanner Hawkinson, as a realistic in-house replacement if he's not ready for week 1. I think the Bengals draft an OL in the first 2 rounds and let him compete to start at LG in 2014 and hope he is ready to start at LT by 2015. (Round 1-2)

2. CB- Not sure if it's a 1st round need as the Bengals top 4 CBs are pretty good and the team finished 2nd in pass D behind only Seattle. But they need to add depth and get some replacements lined up as Newman is in his last year and Pacman Jones is 30. Possibly a 1st round priority, though I suspect more like round 2 or 3. Almost definitely 1st or 2nd day though. (Round 1-3, maybe a 2nd CB later also)

3. DE- Maybe more of a "want" than "need," but the Bengals strength has been depth and talent on the D Line and they took a step backwards with the loss of DE Michael Johnson. They'll be fine without adding one, but I think they would love to add another young stud to go along with Atkins, Dunlap, Peko, Margus Hunt, Brandon Thompson, etc. If the right guy is available round 1, wouldn't be surprised at all, but it could be the pick in any round really. Kind of the wild card position that could be addressed in any round. (Round 1-5)

4. QB- If the Dalton extension doesn't get done soon, I think the Bengals will take a QB in round 3 or 4 as a backup plan for 2015 starter. Even if Dalton is retained, a cheap backup with upside is also a need. (Round 3-5)

5. RB- BJGE is in the last year of his deal and the Bengals need a long term "thunder" to Gio Bernard's lightning. (Round 3-5)
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks
WR (size and or speed)
RT
3T DT
5T DE
LEO DE
OG
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Updated saints needs:

Assuming Jimmy Graham sticks around, otherwise TE goes about tops.

1 CB
2 RT
3 WR
4 FS
5 ILB depth
6 Center

notice please that there is no DLine, OLB or running back in there!
and with free agency more or less over

1 CB
2 WR
3 Center

pretty damn big gap

4 ILB Depth
5 OLB Depth
6 OT Depth

Still no pure pass rusher, DLine or RB please!

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-29-2014, 06:08 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
and with free agency more or less over

1 CB
2 WR
3 Center

pretty damn big gap

4 ILB Depth
5 OLB Depth
6 OT Depth

Still no pure pass rusher, DLine or RB please!
Thoughts on type of WR?

A smaller guy like Cooks, Lee, etc.?

Or a big Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin type?
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston Texans:

1. QB: No mystery here. Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and T.J. Yates are the signal callers on Houston's roster right now.

2. OT: Duane Brown is pretty solid at LT, but RT has been a disaster since the Texans unwisely decided to cut Eric Winston in 2012. 7th Round pick Derek Newton is the current starter.

3. OG: RG has also been a source of problems for Houston. If nothing changes, it's a battle between Brandon Brooks and Ben Jones to start.

4. ILB: Brian Cushing is the only one we have that's any good, and he's frequently injured. You need at least 2 good, healthy ILB's to run a 3-4.

5. TE: Owen Daniels is gone. James Casey is gone. Joel Dreesen is gone. Garrett Graham has shown consistent improvement, but I like him more as a good backup than as a starter. Next in line after him is Ryan Griffin, a 6th round pick in 2013.

6. DE: JJ Watt is the man, but Antonio Smith is gone and leaves a hole on the line. Jared Crick and Tim Jamison are adequate players, but probably not best suited as starters.

7. NT: Jerrell Powe is a good signing and upgrade over the undersized Earl Mitchell. However, there is no backup for that position. Depth is desperately needed.

8. RB: Arian Foster is locked in on a huge contract. Ben Tate just left in free agency and our other RB's were UDFA's on 1-year deals. While Houston has done just fine with UDFA's at RB, I wouldn't mind seeing us invest a late-round pick in one who can start if Foster, now a vegan, gets hurt again.

9. CB: Jonathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson are locked in as the starters, but there is not any good depth at this crucial spot.

10. Slot receiver: Now that we have two solid deep threats, it would be nice to have a speedster in the middle.

11. FB: Greg Jones played for Houston on a one-year deal last year. I don't know O'Brien's offense well enough to know if a FB is needed badly enough to use a roster spot on, but if it is we don't have one.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbuck View Post
Thoughts on type of WR?

A smaller guy like Cooks, Lee, etc.?

Or a big Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin type?
well i really dont like benjamin so you wont please me with that but think about it this way. Stills is the only receiver who most likely will still be on the team 2 years from now so you can a few different ways. Actually think saints might double dip at wideout this draft

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-30-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland Raiders

1 Pass Rusher
2 CB
3 WR(DeSean Jackson?)
4 Future QB
5 TE
6 S
7 OG

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Oakland Raiders

1 Pass Rusher
2 CB
3 WR(DeSean Jackson?)
4 Future QB
5 TE
6 S
7 OG
I would probably swap 5 and 7. I might even make OG #2. 1 more OG and I like this line even with Watson as a starter. And I think that does a great benefit to the entire offense.

Clearly pass rusher is #1.

Definitely need a CB but I can't see using premium assets with Hayden in just his 2nd year and Brown just signed. I think Jackson will take the WR need off the list and could even create an opening to trade Denarius Moore.

I still don't like our depth at DT. I want another Stacy McGee BAMF. Aaron Donald of course would be a fantastic addition as well but you're talking UT and with Smith I don't know if he's a need.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote