Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Women's hockey is hard to watch. They have talent, but it's just not the same sport without hitting.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The US Women's curling team is so bad right now, all I can do is laugh. I'm not even all that smart when it comes to curling, and even I find myself calling them out for terrible shots before they even reach the other end.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Women's hockey is hard to watch. They have talent, but it's just not the same sport without hitting.
Can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday. I'll hopefully be working from home tomorrow because of snow, so I'll be able to watch the game. And Saturday I'm going out and boozing it up for the Russia game.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe so, but I still hope US upsets Canada in the women's division. It wouldn't exactly be the Miracle On Ice, but still an upset.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girls halfpipe is soooo boring

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

ITT: everyone cries about how awful girls sports are.

if it sucks, stop bloody watching it. life really shouldn't be as difficult as it apparently is.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey let me complain.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i wouldn't even really care, but listening to people complain about the ski/snowboard events is like listening to espn talk about top plays.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday. I'll hopefully be working from home tomorrow because of snow, so I'll be able to watch the game. And Saturday I'm going out and boozing it up for the Russia game.
Will they be showing it live at 7:30? If I get a snow day, definitely going to be some early morning drinking.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i wouldn't even really care, but listening to people complain about the ski/snowboard events is like listening to espn talk about top plays.
You're just mad because Davis didn't win anything.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Will they be showing it live at 7:30? If I get a snow day, definitely going to be some early morning drinking.
They should be. Either on NBCSN, CNBC, or MSNBC. I'll unfortunately have to do some work from home so no early morning drinking for me tomorrow. But on Saturday I expect to be thoroughly pickled by 11 am.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ITT: everyone cries about how awful girls sports are.

if it sucks, stop bloody watching it. life really shouldn't be as difficult as it apparently is.
I think you're picturing me crying a lot louder than I was. I don't typically go out of my way to watch women's hockey unless it is the far and away two best teams in the world playing in the Olympics and I know some of the players.

That being said, it's not awful, just different. As a former men's hockey player, I keep anticipating hits and physical play in the corners, but that isn't allowed in the women's game. The USA/Canada game was still pretty physical for a women's game, though.

Only was able to catch the 3rd period live, but hopefully I can see the replay tonight. From what I saw, Canada definitely outplayed the US, but it sounds like the 2nd period was the other way around. Too many defensive breakdowns and oddman (oddwoman?) rushes were given up even though Vetter bailed them out until the last breakaway goal. Sounds like Canada caught a few breaks with 6 women on the ice multiple times on sloppy changes that weren't called until the end of the game. I'm sure the officials will be reminded to look for that in future games.

Obviously these are the teams that people are interested in and hopefully the US can take care of business and we get a rematch in the medal round.

Edit: MidwestJimmy...I think I heard them say that the US had won the previous 3 matchups between the teams, so it wouldn't have really been an upset. They are pretty even in terms of talent.

Last edited by badgerbacker : 02-12-2014 at 10:05 AM.
badgerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think you're picturing me crying a lot louder than I was. I don't typically go out of my way to watch women's hockey unless it is the far and away two best teams in the world playing in the Olympics and I know some of the players.
no offense intended at all. but i think 10% of the thread has been discussion about how bad a women's event is, 89% has been about who's cutest, and 1% has been about any of the actual events that have or are occurring. i was just venting.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
no offense intended at all. but i think 10% of the thread has been discussion about how bad a women's event is, 89% has been about who's cutest, and 1% has been about any of the actual events that have or are occurring. i was just venting.
I gotcha. 10-89-1 is a pretty rough split. This isn't the 1950's, afterall.

I'd say we should be shooting for at least 5-93-2.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I gotcha. 10-89-1 is a pretty rough split. This isn't the 1950's, afterall.
It's about as sexist as when female baseball players in the 1940s had to wear skirts.

"Pretty darn nifty if you ask me." -- a sexist dork in "A League Of Their Own" when the skirt uniforms were debuted.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Edit: MidwestJimmy...I think I heard them say that the US had won the previous 3 matchups between the teams, so it wouldn't have really been an upset. They are pretty even in terms of talent.
Yeah, they are even in talent. I don't watch many of the games, but they get a lot of coverage up here and I can't remember a lopsided affair between them ever.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

US won the recent matchups against Canada but Canada hasn't lost in the Olympics in a while, so there are a couple opposing narratives going on. I'm not sure how often Canada loses to other teams, but I remember the US didn't make the final in 2006 and dropped a match to Finland a few months ago (Noora Raty is amazing, though)

I've been rooting for the Japanese team to do some things, their games have been close so far but they're already eliminated from advancement. Watching the games is interesting - the players are smaller and there's a lot of movement going on all the time. The passes and board usage aren't quite right. You can see the coaching in their game but there's sort of a sense of scrambling between all the movement and undisciplined puck play. I watch whenever I can.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could be wrong but I can't remember the Canadian women losing to any one besides the USA.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

So my wife changed the channel after the 1st period ended when it was 1-0. I just turned it back after she left for work and it's 7-1 at the end of the 2nd.

That escalated quickly.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slovakia isn't exactly a push-over, either. This is surprising.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

we just ***** slapped budaj when he came in.

edit: i'd add that, after watching the girls' pipe finals, i have no idea how that was any more boring than the guys' final. the top 4 runs were very good.

Last edited by njx9 : 02-13-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slovakia is a talented team but this is just a massacre.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote