Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
I really hope we don't pass on Bridgewater for Manziel. If we end up getting Manziel, I'll cross my fingers, but I wouldn't be thrilled about it. Especially if Teddy is still there.
I hate when people try to pigeon hole Manziel to us. He is exactly the opposite of what Dave and Gus want
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:19 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it for the Titans.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:37 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To Jags fans who don't want Manziel: Luckily for you, I'm not your GM. I'm a big fan of Manziel's game, and I think you're severely underrating him. I'm not mocking him to Jacksonville because I hate the Jags. I'm a Gus Bradley fan, and I predicted that you all would finish the year strong (which you did, congrats). It also has nothing to do with filling your stadium. I view Manziel as perfect for a team that wants to emphasize D and the running game, because he excels and throwing the ball down the field, and he's phenomenal at extending drives - with his arm or his legs.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Really like your mock. You've got a lot of my personal favorite players in there. Specifially Hill, Landry and Montcrief. I think they're all going to keep getting hyped through the process and I think the combine is going to put all three of them firmly into the conversation. I wouldn't really be surprised if Jarvis Landry runs just as well as Odell Beckham junior, Hill's going to make the SPARQ guys drool (like the Seahawks front office did over Christine Michael), and Donte Moncreif is going to force a lot of people to insist he's not the next Julio Jones. The only one that really made me raise my eyebrows a little was, as many have said, Kyle Van Noy. The dip in production makes me think he put up some nice numbers because other teams were focusing on his teammates last year (namely Ziggy Ansah), and when I watch him on tape, I just don't see a player I'd want to take tenth overall. I imagine you're hoping he's another Kiko Alonso, so it's justifiable to me, but I just wouldn't be comfortable with that pick if I was the Lions. (Although, hey - he'd be back with Ansah.)
Thanks dude. People forget that Landry was a 5-star recruit. I think he'll show well at the combine - not in the class of Julio Jones, but I'd predict a solid performance across the board. I've seen some concerns about how often he played out of the slot. But he carries a lot of the tools to the boundary that allow him to excel in the slot. He's also a great RZ target because of this. He's very nuanced with his body positioning. When I played basketball, I wasn't the quickest, but I could always get open by splitting the defender with my outside leg (without kneeing him in the balls) and the reverse pivoting off that leg. It's a simple leverage concept. Landry utilizes nuances like this, and that's one of the reasons he has very little wasted motion to his game. I see his work in the slot as nothing but a positive.

Moncrief is just a very underrated athlete. I expect him to run in the low 4.4's, and even if he doesn't, his tape shows that he can run away from high-caliber athletes. Poor QB play really limited his numbers. Bo Wallace is terribly erratic. If not for some poor attempts by Wallace, Moncrief could have had 300 yards in the 2012 LSU game. And he's eaten up his fair share of NFL CB's - going back to 2012. By the time it's all said and done, I can see him being the #2 WR in the draft.

Van Noy will be interesting to follow. I keep thinking of a more athletic Mike Vrabel.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 AM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
To Jags fans who don't want Manziel: Luckily for you, I'm not your GM. I'm a big fan of Manziel's game, and I think you're severely underrating him. I'm not mocking him to Jacksonville because I hate the Jags. I'm a Gus Bradley fan, and I predicted that you all would finish the year strong (which you did, congrats). It also has nothing to do with filling your stadium. I view Manziel as perfect for a team that wants to emphasize D and the running game, because he excels and throwing the ball down the field, and he's phenomenal at extending drives - with his arm or his legs.
If you look at the comments made by Dave and Gus, they explain they want someone who is going to stand in the pocket and "win with their arm". They also don't want someone from a spread system. It points towards Bridgewater or Bortles more than Manziel.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
If you look at the comments made by Dave and Gus, they explain they want someone who is going to stand in the pocket and "win with their arm". They also don't want someone from a spread system. It points towards Bridgewater or Bortles more than Manziel.
1. Anticipation
2. Timing
3. Accuracy

None of which Bortles or Manziel have in bunches anyway to begin with

If Bridgewater is available at the 3rd, He is a Jag
Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Manziel is quite honestly the most overrated qb since tebow. Not comparing talents and what they can do but they both weren't 1st round talent. Tebow wasn't even draft able talent
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtheofend View Post
1. Anticipation
2. Timing
3. Accuracy

Oh I concur that Bridgewater>Bortles, but I was just saying Bortles fits that mold more than Manziel. I'd be stoked if Bridgewater fell to us, more than Clowney.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I'd be content with Bortles at 8
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
Oh I concur that Bridgewater>Bortles, but I was just saying Bortles fits that mold more than Manziel. I'd be stoked if Bridgewater fell to us, more than Clowney.
I agree with you on Bortles, he has the prototypical size to be able to learn on the fly a la Cam Newton
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Quote:
1. Anticipation
2. Timing
3. Accuracy

Manziel excels in all these categories. Either you're not watching him, or you don't know what you're looking at.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
Manziel excels in all these categories. Either you're not watching him, or you don't know what you're looking at.
No he doesn't, not at all actually. Especially considering that none of the offense that he runs is predicated on timing and anticipation...

He throws to open guys and does not throw guys open.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Quote:
No he doesn't, not at all actually. Especially considering that none of the offense that he runs is predicated on timing and anticipation...

He throws to open guys and does not throw guys open.
He's the best QB in college football at throwing people open. He completed almost 70% of his passes in the SEC, and the threw the ball down the field more often and more accurately than any of the other top QB prospects. You're just talking out of your neck.

I get it you don't like him, but stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
He's the best QB in college football at throwing people open. He completed almost 70% of his passes in the SEC, and the threw the ball down the field more often and more accurately than any of the other top QB prospects. You're just talking out of your neck.

Greg Cosell:

Johnny Football?

"Here's the way I see him: I studied him maybe the hardest because he's the most polarizing player. As you evaluate him and transition him, there is a wide variation in his play. So there's a consistency issue. There's a lot to like but some that is concerning. How do you deal with that? He played 2 games this year: LSU and Missouri. If those were the first 2 games you put on and watched, you'd say he's almost undraftable. He was so bad in those 2 games. You struggle to figure out can I even draft this guy? Overall, he's a small QB with outstanding movement and improvisation. At times he showed very strong flashes of structured pocket play that clearly project to the NFL. It comes down to how you balance these issues. The other thing I say about Manziel: he's more of a see it, throw it QB than anticipation thrower. He's not really a timing/anticipation thrower on film. You have to figure out pros/cons and where you stand."

You sir are embarrassing yourself greatly. You should stop posting mocks and discussing the draft. You know little none of anything that babbles out of your lips.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

I love jokers like the Birdman, don't even know what words their putting together in their brain.

Must be an Aggie fan or he wouldn't posted something ludicrous and absurd
Old 02-12-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:

LULZ, I rolled on my behind for good 5 mins after reading that.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:12 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

10:26 of the 3rd quarter in the Alabama game. 34 yard strike from the opposite hash, throws his WR open. Defender has to grab him, ball still his WR in the chest; WR drops the ball.

If you watch the Alabama game, he's consistently hitting the WR in the areas he has leverage - even if he isn't very open. Evans has a huge day, because Manziel continues to throw the ball with perfect trajectory for the given situation and with perfect to near-perfect placement. If the defender has inside leverage, he finds the outside shoulder, time after time. And almost all of that was done from within the pocket.

At 13:40 of the 4th, the WR on the perimeter is blanketed, even being interfered with, Manziel throws him open on a back shoulder pass that lets the WR catch it in stride for a big play.

I'm not an A&M fan, and going into the 2013 season, I didn't have a high grade on Manziel. After WATCHING HIM PLAY in 2013, I had to adjust my rankings, because he did most of his damage from inside the pocket. He EXCELLED from inside the pocket. So the extra stuff he can do with his feet is just that - extra stuff. Again, he had the BEST deep ball accuracy of any of the top prospects.

Keep burying your head in the sand if you'd like. But I haven't seen any analysis from you on any prospect - just sweeping generalizations.

I don't care what you think, because you're proving to me that you don't know what you're looking at, or you're not actually watching the players you say you are.

For Christ's sake, you don't even know how to properly post a quote. Where's the link?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Birdman, I am convinced you have no idea what you are looking at. Have you even played football before, let alone qb??? I have

I have you seen the college All-22 game footage, no you haven't or your wouldn't be saying such preposterous garbage

Link for you: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ality-of-play/
Old 02-13-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Greg Cossell was also higher on RG3 than Luck.

As I've said, you haven't offered one shred of your own analysis. Why don't you break down some of that All-22 game footage? I don't care if it's on this thread, but saying that you've seen something and offering actual views on prospects based on evidence are two different things. Seriously, write a well-thought post for once.

As it stands, you're a borderline troll.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
Greg Cossell was also higher on RG3 than Luck.

As I've said, you haven't offered one shred of your own analysis. Why don't you break down some of that All-22 game footage? I don't care if it's on this thread, but saying that you've seen something and offering actual views on prospects based on evidence are two different things. Seriously, write a well-thought post for once.

As it stands, you're a borderline troll.
Clearly you had not critical reading capabilities is you thought that. All he said was that RG3 had more arm talent than Luck, which is true. Never said RG3 was the better qb.

If you look at his games and call his throwing "anticipation" and "timing" than there is nothing I can say to you. You have no clue of what you are watching then.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Robinson at 15 would make my head explode
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Quote:
Clearly you had not critical reading capabilities is you thought that. All he said was that RG3 had more arm talent than Luck, which is true. Never said RG3 was the better qb.

If you look at his games and call his throwing "anticipation" and "timing" than there is nothing I can say to you. You have no clue of what you are watching then.
No idea what you're even trying to say. Are you in junior high?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
No idea what you're even trying to say. Are you in junior high?
Just stop mocking manziel to the jags and you'll hear nothing else from me.

I don't want garbage and Dave/Gus certainly don't want him either
Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greg Cossell was also higher on RG3 than Luck
Is this supposed to be some kind of attempt to discredit Cosell and the work he does?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Cursed_Since_1957
Rookie

Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worldtheofend, has anger issues..
Cursed_Since_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote