Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Johnson probably has some good takeaway skills, and he'd probably come up with a good amount of picks in this scheme. Unfortunately he'll probably get hurt again, so I doubt we'll see how good he could be. I really want to like the guy, but he is too injury prone. On a team with a lot of injury prone players he stands out as being perhaps the worst. I do like his attitude about things, so I'm rooting for him. I'd still be happy with another FS somewhere in the draft.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
http://dcfanatic.com/?p=10242

Want to like/hate Matt Johnson. I find this funny...should store this in memory and blow up his twitter when he tweaks his hammy in TC and gets cuts.
lol... why? he stated in his tweet that he should be doubted until he can prove otherwise. no bulletin board material
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol....Cowboys fans hate their team...I swear.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no opinion of Matt Johnson except for the fact that we can't rely on him. If he gets healthy and earns a spot in training camp then cool beans. If not, then it's a good thing we didn't rely on him. That's the kind of approach I would take.

As for Spencer, the Cowboys absolutely deserve high praise for the way they handled his contract situation when he was a FA. It didn't even really hurt us last year since in his place we got to see the emergence of Selvie. Talk about a blessing in disguise! If Spencer really is walking around like an 80 year old then it's time to erase him as an option. Selvie deserves a chance to start if you ask me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have no opinion of Matt Johnson except for the fact that we can't rely on him. If he gets healthy and earns a spot in training camp then cool beans. If not, then it's a good thing we didn't rely on him. That's the kind of approach I would take.

As for Spencer, the Cowboys absolutely deserve high praise for the way they handled his contract situation when he was a FA. It didn't even really hurt us last year since in his place we got to see the emergence of Selvie. Talk about a blessing in disguise! If Spencer really is walking around like an 80 year old then it's time to erase him as an option. Selvie deserves a chance to start if you ask me.
I kinda felt that way about Selvie too, but Idk, I would add another end in the draft. A guy I'm liking is Kareem Martin from NC, his numbers were great last year and he has real upside and potential if he lands with the right
coach(marinelli). He needs to get stronger and add some moves to his pass rush but he has a good first step and is exceptional vs the run.

This guy had 11.5 sacks and 20+tfl and he should be on our radar.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
I kinda felt that way about Selvie too, but Idk, I would add another end in the draft. A guy I'm liking is Kareem Martin from NC, his numbers were great last year and he has real upside and potential if he lands with the right
coach(marinelli). He needs to get stronger and add some moves to his pass rush but he has a good first step and is exceptional vs the run.

This guy had 11.5 sacks and 20+tfl and he should be on our radar.
Adding another end is a high priority. Right now, Selvie is the ONLY one with a real future here.

I would like to see more of Everette Brown. I wonder if he can be a reliable rotational guy.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adding another end is a high priority. Right now, Selvie is the ONLY one with a real future here.

I would like to see more of Everette Brown. I wonder if he can be a reliable rotational guy.
Thats a crazy reality, even if we can squeeze another year or so out of Ware, Selvie and Crawford, a guy who walked in off the street and made the most of it, and someone we haven't seen much of and don't know if he fits at tackle or end, are the only future at this point.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:47 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about the less I want to see Ware cut this year. Even though they could save a lot of money I still hate the idea of paying a guy good money to play for someone else. According to D's post he'd cost $8.5 million in dead money, but you get rid of about $7.5 million to move on. $8.5 million is a lot of money to pay a guy, and you wouldn't even be able to get any of his production for your team that year. With Ware it's still in the air if he is a lost cause or not. Before the D-line suffered a ton of injuries he looked like a Pro Bowler. Once his injuries hit in addition to the revolving door of D-lineman he looked average to above average.

He's older and more broken down, but what if his surgery leads to him being better again? He's really only had about a year of down play, so what if Marinelli comes up with an idea that we're not thinking of to keep Ware fresh? Crawford is coming back, and he's too high of a draft pick to discard. Selvie showed some value, and they'll more than likely draft or sign someone in FA who can spell or push those three. What if that adds three more double digit sack years for Ware? Getting Donald, Jernigan, or whoever in addition to a young DE may bring that. There are too many variables that could go in a positive way for Ware. If he's broken down then so be it, but he still looks like he's got something in the tank. Remember how getting some help added more years for Michael Strahan's career, and I'm thinking that it may be Ware if they play their cards right.

All in all I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of paying a guy a salary bigger than most of your team to play elsewhere. I would also rather hold on to a guy one year longer than needed than to see him play well for another team. If he just doesn't have it anymore then they can better prepare to move on in 2015 while giving Crawford and a draft pick key time with a future Hall of Famer to learn from. If they cut him and he goes on to have a few more good seasons it will sting more. I know the guy has a big contract and all, but he's put in enough amazing seasons to at least get to play it out a little longer. I know the NFL is a business, but they would hurt more without him at this point with only Selvie and Crawford behind him. Even those guys still aren't sure things because Selvie could be a one year wonder, and Crawford still is an unknown in some ways. So I'd keep Ware and plan for 2015 in the draft and FA to possibly move on.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
The more I think about the less I want to see Ware cut this year. Even though they could save a lot of money I still hate the idea of paying a guy good money to play for someone else. According to D's post he'd cost $8.5 million in dead money, but you get rid of about $7.5 million to move on. $8.5 million is a lot of money to pay a guy, and you wouldn't even be able to get any of his production for your team that year. With Ware it's still in the air if he is a lost cause or not. Before the D-line suffered a ton of injuries he looked like a Pro Bowler. Once his injuries hit in addition to the revolving door of D-lineman he looked average to above average.

He's older and more broken down, but what if his surgery leads to him being better again? He's really only had about a year of down play, so what if Marinelli comes up with an idea that we're not thinking of to keep Ware fresh? Crawford is coming back, and he's too high of a draft pick to discard. Selvie showed some value, and they'll more than likely draft or sign someone in FA who can spell or push those three. What if that adds three more double digit sack years for Ware? Getting Donald, Jernigan, or whoever in addition to a young DE may bring that. There are too many variables that could go in a positive way for Ware. If he's broken down then so be it, but he still looks like he's got something in the tank. Remember how getting some help added more years for Michael Strahan's career, and I'm thinking that it may be Ware if they play their cards right.

All in all I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of paying a guy a salary bigger than most of your team to play elsewhere. I would also rather hold on to a guy one year longer than needed than to see him play well for another team. If he just doesn't have it anymore then they can better prepare to move on in 2015 while giving Crawford and a draft pick key time with a future Hall of Famer to learn from. If they cut him and he goes on to have a few more good seasons it will sting more. I know the guy has a big contract and all, but he's put in enough amazing seasons to at least get to play it out a little longer. I know the NFL is a business, but they would hurt more without him at this point with only Selvie and Crawford behind him. Even those guys still aren't sure things because Selvie could be a one year wonder, and Crawford still is an unknown in some ways. So I'd keep Ware and plan for 2015 in the draft and FA to possibly move on.
That's a well formulated opinion E-Man, but I think you are missing a few thoughts.

It sounds like you made a point that paying Ware $8M dollars to play elsewhere was a waste of an investment. That definitely does sound like a painful thing to do...

BUT... put it this way... In the last 3 seasons we paid Ware $6.5M, $7.5M and then $8M. Next season he is set to earn $16M (as he has refused to take a pay cut). That's an fricken eye opener. $16M for Ware at this point in his career is a wild gamble. That ain't monopoly money brothers. $16M for Ware. Let that sink in. That's twice as much as we paid him last season!

Hatcher was clearly more productive for us and I think I can safely imagine that he can be had for less than $8M per year.

So that's why I asked the question originally. Hatcher or Ware?

Ware at $16M and Hatcher gone?

or

Hatcher for <$8M and Ware gone at $8M (dead money)?

So see? Even if we gave Hatcher $8M next season the cost would be the same. Forget the cost... the cost is the same. (at least on next season's cap... cause we'd still have to pay dead money for Ware if we were to cut him next offseason... or else keeping him will cost us $17.M in 2015. hahaha).

If you're thinking about the draft... Forget where we need to get younger. We need to get younger at both positions. I wouldn't say one is a priority over the other.

I think the important questions to answer are:

1) Who will be more productive between Ware and Hatcher going forward?
2) Who will be a better use of our cap space?

It hurts a little to say it, but I think the honest answer is that Hatcher is a better keeper than Ware. I have even more confidence in saying that when I think about the scheme fit where Hatcher is at home in the 4-3 and Ware has yet to look comfortable in it.

I LOVE Ware though. His jersey is the only one I ever bought. My heart wants him to get better and take a pay cut, so I hope that happens, but my brain says we need to move on and resign Hatcher or use the $8M in FA in other ways, all for the betterment of the team. I'm torn.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:38 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys shouldnt re-sign Hatcher or Spencer. As for Ware, I think that the team should keep him for one more season and release him in a year from now. This way, you can take a smaller cap hit next year, gain extra cap room and have two drafts (2014 and 2015) to draft defensive linemen to replace him (and others). I would also keep Miles Austin because saving just under $400k isnt worth it. Granted, team would gain more if they release him as a June 1st cut this off-season but my thinking would be to take as small a cap hit as possible overall. Would much rather take the full $5.10m cap hit next off-season as opposed to spreading out a $7.855m cap hit this off-season over two years.

One other thing...I dont think that the Cowboys should go after Burleson. To me, he would just be a cheaper version of Miles Austin. Should start Williams opposite Bryant and draft a WR or two.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Johnson = Justin Beriault, little throw back. Seriously, I can't remember anyone else we tried to hype up that much without playing any meaningful snaps. Sad part is the guy has some skills but can't keep healthy.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:53 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF
Matt Johnson = Justin Beriault, little throw back. Seriously, I can't remember anyone else we tried to hype up that much without playing any meaningful snaps. Sad part is the guy has some skills but can't keep healthy.
HAHA.

I remember not thinking too much of Beriault though. I think we drafted him while he was injured as opposed to Johnson getting injured at the first touch.

I think you have to cut your ties with players if they can't play for two years straight. As unfortunate as it is. You can't keep hoping that the talent will shine through and we will get the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's a well formulated opinion E-Man, but I think you are missing a few thoughts.

It sounds like you made a point that paying Ware $8M dollars to play elsewhere was a waste of an investment. That definitely does sound like a painful thing to do...

BUT... put it this way... In the last 3 seasons we paid Ware $6.5M, $7.5M and then $8M. Next season he is set to earn $16M (as he has refused to take a pay cut). That's an fricken eye opener. $16M for Ware at this point in his career is a wild gamble. That ain't monopoly money brothers. $16M for Ware. Let that sink in. That's twice as much as we paid him last season!

Hatcher was clearly more productive for us and I think I can safely imagine that he can be had for less than $8M per year.

So that's why I asked the question originally. Hatcher or Ware?

Ware at $16M and Hatcher gone?

or

Hatcher for <$8M and Ware gone at $8M (dead money)?

So see? Even if we gave Hatcher $8M next season the cost would be the same. Forget the cost... the cost is the same. (at least on next season's cap... cause we'd still have to pay dead money for Ware if we were to cut him next offseason... or else keeping him will cost us $17.M in 2015. hahaha).

If you're thinking about the draft... Forget where we need to get younger. We need to get younger at both positions. I wouldn't say one is a priority over the other.

I think the important questions to answer are:

1) Who will be more productive between Ware and Hatcher going forward?
2) Who will be a better use of our cap space?

It hurts a little to say it, but I think the honest answer is that Hatcher is a better keeper than Ware. I have even more confidence in saying that when I think about the scheme fit where Hatcher is at home in the 4-3 and Ware has yet to look comfortable in it.

I LOVE Ware though. His jersey is the only one I ever bought. My heart wants him to get better and take a pay cut, so I hope that happens, but my brain says we need to move on and resign Hatcher or use the $8M in FA in other ways, all for the betterment of the team. I'm torn.
I hear what you're saying. You're basically thinking that the $16 million will go on either Ware or Hatcher, and you would rather have Hatcher because he's younger. While I understand that I think Hatcher is easier to replace at this point, and there are more unknowns at DE right now. At DT I can see someone like Donald(perfect fit), Hageman, or Sutton stepping up next year while I think DE would take longer to replace Ware's shoes. Then again maybe they could replace both Hatcher and Ware somewhat by getting rid of Ware's salary. That $8 million might bring in a couple of starters, but I really fear letting Ware go and seeing him dominate again.

I also have a Ware jersey, so yeah I love the guy. The only two jerseys I ever bought was Emmitt and Ware. Dez could be the next if I don't find me a Larry Allen jersey that doesn't look like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
DAMN! That's a name I definitely forgot about. I remember that he was supposed to be this big steal, but he never played at all. I feel bad for the poor guy since he had to retire. I'm hoping that Matt Johnson doesn't have the same issue since his hamstring beat Miles Austin's in a 'who can **** up you career worse' competition.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irvin and Dez Jersey's are the two I own/wear....

And Barber that I got for a birthday present...Got damnit he was my favorite player by FAR when he was in his prime...his fall was so fast and sudden.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 02-16-2014 at 12:06 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have a pretty sweet Barber pro bowl jersey.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

If Barber would have gone out of bounds a few times he might have had a few more years. I'm glad that Murray is starting to use his quickness more instead of just running guys over all the time. It's great when he plows dudes over, but he's not going looking for contact a lot like he used to.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Decent, short, state of the cowboys article. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...dallas-cowboys
Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports out of ESPN Dallas is that we won the coin flip and will be selecting 16th in the 1st round. Woohoo
Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reports out of ESPN Dallas is that we won the coin flip and will be selecting 16th in the 1st round. Woohoo
Booooom. Excellent news.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Goodell: "With the 16th pick in the draft the Dallas Cowboys select Aaron Donald, defensive tackle from Pittsburgh."

E-Man: *does a little dance, makes a little love, and gets down that night*

Old 02-19-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
OMG we won something..lol
Old 02-19-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Does anyone think we could get away with shifting Church down to WLB in this scheme? That would open the door to moving Carter to SLB and Wilcox to starting SS. If we managed to snag a FS in the early rounds and a lineman or two I think our Defense would be pretty sured up without a major FA addition.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

He has that in his past, I think it's a possibility, but who do you like early at FS?
Old 02-19-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Happy Dance!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Does anyone think we could get away with shifting Church down to WLB in this scheme? That would open the door to moving Carter to SLB and Wilcox to starting SS. If we managed to snag a FS in the early rounds and a lineman or two I think our Defense would be pretty sured up without a major FA addition.
Not only do I think we could get away with it, but I hope we do it! Church really has no business in anything outside of the box. Wilcox has always been my idea of our future at SS. This also allows us to cut Durant. So shifting him there is a good idea I think. Would be good to be able to show different looks using the same personnel. Something I loved out of Rob Ryan. He definitely should be learning the position. No clue what Marinelli plans to do though.