Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-16-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Vikes don't trade up... They have too many holes to fill to afford giving up that much juice. I know a franchise QB is one of the top priorities, but I'd rather "stand pat" and see what the BPA is... it's prolly another need for us anyway. By no means should we reach for a QB, but grabbing a 2nd or 3rd round QB appears to be a safer approach for a new coach who's predecessors reached on both Ponder and TJack.
Depending on what's there @8, what team may fall in love with players around that 8 pick and what deal we may be able to attain is where I'm thinking the Vikes should roll. This is a turnaround process and I respect what Zimmer can do with what he's got... so more picks for the first year drafting would be my approach.
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the trade but the overall mock is pretty meh for the Bengals

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Hmmm

I am pretty sure they will target a WR, because im pretty sure they are kicking themselves for passing on patterson last year :-(

Evans is interesting, hes young, and I think they want to get ben a taller WR. Im not necessarily thrilled by him, I think hes a little overrated.

Lee is probably the best fit for the offense, and benjamin probably has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor

Evans/Pryor/Lee/Benjamin would be my top picks there though, you nailed that.

My #2 picks would be Moncrief/Robinson/Reynolds/Gaines depending on what they do in the first round
I think Evans is over rated myself, although not nearly as over rated as Benjamin, I actually would agree that Lee is probably the best system fit, but Evans adds a more unique dimension to the offense... I watched a little more on Lee the other day and saw some of the old Lee towards the end of the season. Evans I do think diversifies the offense more so. Benjamin's floor is why I have dropped him into my 2nd round rankings, too many drops, rounded routes and bad coverages by defenses afraid of his size.

I had them take Gaines in the second. I actually think they could do Pryor/Gaines really improve the secondary for the long term, buy WR/Gaines makes the most sense to improve both sides of the ball. I do like your 1st/2nd round player combinations, as an outside opinion, it makes alot of sense to me.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Let me preface this by saying I'd be quite happy with the Jets drafting Jarvis Landry in the second. He is a sure handed receiver who looks like he can make the tough catches. Given the Jets interest in speedster Emmanuel Sanders and the sheer lack of.... anything at wide receiver (with apologies to Jeremy Kerley), it would make sense for them to draft someone like Landry.

That being said, if the St. Louis Rams don't have a someone who is threatening defenses vertically, then that is by design. The Jets didn't either while Brian Schottenheimer was in town. Looking at this draft, I would think it is more likely that the Rams would draft Landry leaving Beckham (or one of the other quality receiver prospects that will be available in round 2) for the Jets.

Also, if the Giants made that trade, I would love it. I've seen teams make traded like that, and it usually works out in favor of the team trading down for a future first.
I actually think Landry is a better receiver overall than Beckham, at least while at they were both at L.S.U. He was the more reliable, especially in big spots IMO.

I love diversity in football, I think alot of coordinators and coaches get too bland by design, Schottenheimer I have never liked because of that. What you say makes perfect sense in that regard. Beckahm was the pick for me to offer the diversity to that offense, realistically you are more than likely right, and I will keep that in mind when drafting for the Rams for attempted real.

As for the Giants trade, I agree, and am sure a Jag's fan will comments about how stupid the trade is and how it makes no sense because of needs and they give too much up. But, historically speaking I thought it was about right in regards to value, and it addressed two huge needs.
I think the Jags have had two huge needs for years; QB and OLB/DE/Pass rusher. Barr is a guy who as soon as the off-season started people started down playing, "Sources" said this, and that, but I still see the same things I saw last year, and saw him progress this year, and unlike a guy like Maybin, I see legit potential to continue developing. IMO the ceiling is high and the floor is not nearly as low as some are making it out to be. He is an athletic pass rusher who needs some work, but its not like he is a one trick pony. So I made the move, two biggest needs addressed, fill in the gaps as you go.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue is that despite the Jags having needs at QB and DE, is that they have needs at every single other position except for LT (and maybe RT if they are confident in Pasztor). Giving up picks doesn't make sense when a team has that many needs.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
I get the Vikings need to get a QB, but I'm not sure they're trading up. And not addressing their terrible defense with any of their first 3 round picks (especially after hiring Zimmer) seems a little far fetched.
With out trading up they are looking at Carr at 8 (total reach IMO), or possibly moving up from the 2nd for Carr or Mettenberger (who makes a ton of sense to me), all these mocks I keep seeing with one of the top 3 "falling" to Minny are laughable to me personally with 4 teams in the top 5 having legitimate QB issues and needs.
I think Mettenberger (might be the best fit of all the QB's) makes alot of sense possibly late first early second, but you are going to have competition there too, Arizona at 20 IMO could easily take one of the 2nd tier QB's at 20, who ever misses out of the top 4 teams could trade up as well. Then you are looking at "reaching" for? Garoppolo, McCarron later in the Draft to start next year? or would rolling with Ponder and ? again next year be an option.
This is a what I would do draft, so I am not saying that I believe they are trading up. But I would. Given the option of taking say Tavon Austin last year and trading up this year for any of the top QB's over drafting Manuel last year for the Bills, I would do it. Value wise, the QB's arent Newton, Luck or even Griffen IMO, but they are certainly better than Manuel.
I dont understand why teams F around with the QB position... Given the opportunity to pair Bridgewater with AP, Patterson, Jennings and Rudolph, with his accuracy, I would take it in a heart beat.
Trading up eleminates the 2nd round pick, and help at G, IMO is a priority since I want the offense to live up to its potential before AP breaks down, but there are a hand full of defenders I would easily take in the mock in the 3rd round.
As for the defense, I fully expect them to make a play for M. Johnson and a couple other FA's, plus Zimmer himself will make them better IMO. I wouldnt expect to spend many other picks on offense in this mock if I went further, but if I am Minnesota and I can land one of these QB's and accelerate the offensive progression I would, I dont see them having much of a chance keeping up with the other offenses in that division by adding anything defensively at that spot, nor do I see them contending for the play-offs in the near future (2-3 years) doing anything else.

But, this is a what would I do mock, and what do I know?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
I'd puke if the Jags did that. Giving up a ton of valuable picks for some project DE that got bullied around in college? No thanks. There's no way Barr is worth that. We have way too many holes to be giving up that much, even if he was the stud you think he is. It just doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
The issue is that despite the Jags having needs at QB and DE, is that they have needs at every single other position except for LT (and maybe RT if they are confident in Pasztor). Giving up picks doesn't make sense when a team has that many needs.
I just watched Barr vs. Stanford and Oregon, both 2013 defensive snaps, and I really do not get this Barr is "soft" or gets "bullied" stuff I keep hearing. Vs. Stanford - Barr gets pushed back more than 3 yards once I noted, and he lost his leverage that time, allowing the tackle to get under his pads. Most of the game he stands his ground, or gets pushed back a yard mostly by tackles, once I noted by a TE (about 2 yards back) in which he got a little tall again. Other than that, he is getting doubled on roughly 2/3 of the plays, most of the ones he didnt were designed plays away from him. Stanford IMO clearly game planned for him. He is still all over the field, and flashing athleticism and uncanny instincts for a guy who has only been playing defense for 2 years, making plays and not getting Bullied at all IMO against one of the most physical college offenses in the country. Maintains outside leverage on all but 1 or 2 plays.
Vs. Oregon - U.C.L.A plays with mostly 3 down lineman, Barr holds his ground or pushes all single blocks backwards, the only time I see him losing ground is when he is doubled. Still falshing all over the screen, stunts, plays in space, displays a spin move, and is regularly disruptive, doubled almost the entire game, and the defensive scheme offers no help, nor does it utilize his skill set.
In either tape do I see him shying away from contact, not taking on blocks, being soft, getting bullied, taking plays off or not being able convert speed to power.
Now if anyone wants to talk about hand usage and disengaging from blocks, or instincts in coverage, Im game. He will need to get stronger in the NFL. This crap being spewed out since the lying season started, and him playing DE in a 43 makes me question wether anyone actually watched him.
I think Barr in the right system is absolutely worth it. I can respect the opinion that the Jags have alot of holes, but like many Bills fans today I think Jags fans under estimate the talent on that roster. My opinion is that why wait another year to land the pass rusher they have needed for years, that 2015 first round pick next year is likely to address that, paying a 2nd and 3rd is a little high IMO as well, but to land a guy like that for that defense is fair value imo to accelerate the defensive development. I would not be afraid to do this move, but I am sure they would not be bold enough to do it in real life.
Again, this is a what I would do mock. I doubt they would trade up, and I wont in the future, unless I could swing a move up for Ford in that late first, my attempts at the real deal will be more palatable for Jags fans.

Last edited by Poz51 : 02-18-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I really liked the first two picks for Baltimore. Then you threw this in:

Absolutely not. Elam is not even close to being a good fit at free safety. If that were the case they would probably just bring back Ihedigbo. Elam needs to be at strong safety or he's going to go down as a bust of a draft pick.
Interesting, I have always thought of him as a FS with SS skills. What are your primary thoughts on Elam overall, strengths and weaknesses?
Replacement thought?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Aside from preferring Donald to Hageman, perhaps he doesn't seem like a top 20 pick yet, but come may he will be and I think Donald will be the pick. Joyner is phenomenal. I also like Martin a lot, wouldn't have minded marcus smith either in the 3rd. But that is a great 3 rounds for the cowboys.
Thanks, I like Hageman more personally, but think Donald would fit, and come April could in all likelyhood will end up in the first round, he certainly is ascending and the system fit is perfect IMO. Interesting that they might nab him after passing on Floyd last year. Marting is a guy I did not initially like, but is growing on me, and I could see ascending into the 2nd round potentially.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i really dislike a wr for denver in the first three rounds. i firmly believe there will be a ton of solid talent from the 4th on, and while we need a body, i think we need bodies elsewhere more.

that said, no rookie we draft in the second round (well, in any round, really) will win us a super bowl while peyton is still playing, so we really probably should just be going BPA throughout the draft, and then trying to use FA to plug starter-level holes on the team.
That makes sense. I do think Adams is a plug and play guy for them from day one across from Thomas, who would produce. I get what you are saying about Manning, but would disagree personally. Later in the draft there are going to be talented recievers, but I dont see any besides Robinson or Abberderis being immediate impact types in that system. IMO the money they are not going to spend on Decker will go to those other needs, while allowing Adams to contribute the same production any FA would at wideout, while being a much cheaper option.
Getting Wolfe and Miller back will help a ton, and adding starting level role players will help and makes sense. I could see them going BPA in the draft, I just am not sure it helps them short term while thier championship window is open, IMO they are in win now mode, not build, so I would fill in the gaps through FA and the Draft and go for it now, particularly early in t he draft if possible.
I appreciate the feedback, good food for thought :)
Old 02-18-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
That makes sense. I do think Adams is a plug and play guy for them from day one across from Thomas, who would produce. I get what you are saying about Manning, but would disagree personally. Later in the draft there are going to be talented recievers, but I dont see any besides Robinson or Abberderis being immediate impact types in that system. IMO the money they are not going to spend on Decker will go to those other needs, while allowing Adams to contribute the same production any FA would at wideout, while being a much cheaper option.
Getting Wolfe and Miller back will help a ton, and adding starting level role players will help and makes sense. I could see them going BPA in the draft, I just am not sure it helps them short term while thier championship window is open, IMO they are in win now mode, not build, so I would fill in the gaps through FA and the Draft and go for it now, particularly early in t he draft if possible.
I appreciate the feedback, good food for thought :)
sure. but i think, if you're going win now, you end up trading picks for players you know can play. if you're looking at the draft as future building, i think you have to just take talent, and try to get as much of it as possible for the day peyton leaves.

*shrug* on the receivers, i think i might see guys falling further than you do, so i'm willing to accept that maybe adams in that spot really does represent the best value for the pick.

lastly, i'd note that we dont' really have any money to throw around at people in FA, to my understanding. we have to re-sign DRC, and that's going to eat up most of it. i can't get the cap numbers from here, but i don't think we really have a lot of wiggle room.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
Chris Givens is pretty darn fast (4.41).

I actually like the idea of a similar back to Stacy. While Zac had a great rookie year, I'm concerned about his long term durability. Having "two Zac Stacys" would work pretty well.
Givens has good straight line speed, but I have never seen it translate onto the field, since his days at WF, I have always thought of him more of a possesion, #2 possibly, more of a slot guy who is quicker and more agile, than a down field threat. But time wise I would agree he does fit.

That makes sense about Stacy in regards to his long term durability. I do think they could find a similar complementary guy later like, Hyde, S. Johnson in the mid to late rounds. The Bills, Dolphins and Browns all take RB's in the third as they have immediate or short term needs there IMO. I dont think the Rams have a short term need, but if Stacy has that kind of issue, maybe the Rams do as well. What about Richardson? as it relates to this conversation, I have liked the little I have seen of him.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great for the Browns

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
sure. but i think, if you're going win now, you end up trading picks for players you know can play. if you're looking at the draft as future building, i think you have to just take talent, and try to get as much of it as possible for the day peyton leaves.

*shrug* on the receivers, i think i might see guys falling further than you do, so i'm willing to accept that maybe adams in that spot really does represent the best value for the pick.

lastly, i'd note that we dont' really have any money to throw around at people in FA, to my understanding. we have to re-sign DRC, and that's going to eat up most of it. i can't get the cap numbers from here, but i don't think we really have a lot of wiggle room.
Trading up for a specific guy similar to the Falcons trade for Jones, makes sense here IMO, I think the win now scenrio lends to that. I considered trades up for them, but did not see much that made alot of sense to me. I just dont see them in a "future" type draft mode, especially if they are in cap trouble, and might need the draft to fill specific needs they cant meet with the cost of FA's. I dont see them benefiting from that idea of "building" while their window is open now. IMO I dont see the point. They brought Manning in for the now. If the plan is to prepare for life after Peyton, why bring him in at all, and go through the motions knowing its not likely beneficial to realistic championship asperations in the immediate future?

The recievers thing is nothing but my opinion, the FA class is below average IMO. The draft class IMO has alot of talent, and I see guys who wont need a lot of time developing into the end of the second round.

I actually had not looked at their cap #'s. I use a couple of sites to get an idea, and they are consistantly close. For this purpose, I used: http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Te...ncos&Year=2014 to get a rough idea, it looks like the have 12.7 million now, cutting Bailey puts them at 22 roughly, and I dont see why Tamme would not be cut putting them at 25+ in space, with only .5 in a cap hit. Those two moves alone double their space, and cost them next to nothing in dead money. Bailey is not worth that at all, but bringing him back in a Charles Woodson type role or at S at a much cheaper price should be tempting to all parties.

IMO a couple shrewed moves with the current roster and FA's, while drafting smartly puts them right into the Super Bowl conversation again, especially if they can get a couple guys back from injury. They are a future is now type of team IMO, so I would swing for the fences now, later they are going to have to rebuild anyway. IMO. Its what I would do, and really think they should do.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
I just watched Barr vs. Stanford and Oregon, both 2013 defensive snaps, and I really do not get this Barr is "soft" or gets "bullied" stuff I keep hearing. Vs. Stanford - Barr gets pushed back more than 3 yards once I noted, and he lost his leverage that time, allowing the tackle to get under his pads. Most of the game he stands his ground, or gets pushed back a yard mostly by tackles, once I noted by a TE (about 2 yards back) in which he got a little tall again. Other than that, he is getting doubled on roughly 2/3 of the plays, most of the ones he didnt were designed plays away from him. Stanford IMO clearly game planned for him. He is still all over the field, and flashing athleticism and uncanny instincts for a guy who has only been playing defense for 2 years, making plays and not getting Bullied at all IMO against one of the most physical college offenses in the country. Maintains outside leverage on all but 1 or 2 plays.
Vs. Oregon - U.C.L.A plays with mostly 3 down lineman, Barr holds his ground or pushes all single blocks backwards, the only time I see him losing ground is when he is doubled. Still falshing all over the screen, stunts, plays in space, displays a spin move, and is regularly disruptive, doubled almost the entire game, and the defensive scheme offers no help, nor does it utilize his skill set.
In either tape do I see him shying away from contact, not taking on blocks, being soft, getting bullied, taking plays off or not being able convert speed to power.
Now if anyone wants to talk about hand usage and disengaging from blocks, or instincts in coverage, Im game. He will need to get stronger in the NFL. This crap being spewed out since the lying season started, and him playing DE in a 43 makes me question wether anyone actually watched him.
I think Barr in the right system is absolutely worth it. I can respect the opinion that the Jags have alot of holes, but like many Bills fans today I think Jags fans under estimate the talent on that roster. My opinion is that why wait another year to land the pass rusher they have needed for years, that 2015 first round pick next year is likely to address that, paying a 2nd and 3rd is a little high IMO as well, but to land a guy like that for that defense is fair value imo to accelerate the defensive development. I would not be afraid to do this move, but I am sure they would not be bold enough to do it in real life.
Again, this is a what I would do mock. I doubt they would trade up, and I wont in the future, unless I could swing a move up for Ford in that late first, my attempts at the real deal will be more palatable for Jags fans.
I don't recall the games I watched him in (I saw about 3), but I consistently saw him being blocked by one guy, sometimes even a TE. If he is able to use his speed to get by them, then he can be pretty disruptive, if not, then it seems like he gets taken out of the play pretty quickly. I didn't see any swim or spin moves that he used to get by anyone either.

Really my point was more the giving up draft picks. If our scouting department sees what you do, then I'm not going to bash them for them grabbing him (obviously I just disagree), but I just don't see how a team gives up that much when they have so many holes. I'm fine with trading using the picks we got from the Monroe trade (4th & 5th), but beyond that I think we need to really get more bodies rather than investing so much into one person.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of that whole mock, there were three guys who's names I don't recognize:

Bashaud Breeland (CB, Clm)
Marcus Martin (C, USC)
Marcus Smith (DE, Lsv)

Does anybody else have these players on their boards? What do you know about them?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i really dislike a wr for denver in the first three rounds. i firmly believe there will be a ton of solid talent from the 4th on, and while we need a body, i think we need bodies elsewhere more.

that said, no rookie we draft in the second round (well, in any round, really) will win us a super bowl while peyton is still playing, so we really probably should just be going BPA throughout the draft, and then trying to use FA to plug starter-level holes on the team.
I think it really depends on FA/resigning. If the Broncos get a starting safety and MLB from FA and resign/sign a CB or two to play on the outside, then drafting a slot cb and a WR in the first 2 rounds as this mock draft has seems like a pretty reasonable outcome.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weird double post thing
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Carey and Lewan are nice, but Dozier in the 2nd round? Barf.
I think you are under estimating Dozier, I know I have him higher than most, but I seriously think he potentially could end up being the best guard in the class. Right now I think he is the most athletic G by far, with a high ceiling. I think he gets "it", wants "it", and like Cecil Shorts a couple years ago is my fastest rising small school prospect.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
CB is a much bigger need for SF than DE, Tank Carradine is being groomed to take over for Justin Smith after next year, give us Jason verrett!!!!
Personally I dont think Carradine should ever be considered for that role, IMO that would be a mistake. Tuitt fits perfectly IMO, and would be a fantastic complement to A. Smith, just as J. Smith is now. I'd have Carradine playing off the edge, but I have no idea what they have been doing with Carradine, if they have bulked him up, and he has gotten stronger, than I could be way off.
I have them going with Fuller in the 2nd, as I think he would be a much better scheme fit, than Verrett who plays bigger than he is, but IMO will wear down in the NFL playing aggressively in that system as a #1 or #2 corner.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
I like that Bears draft although Im not sure the Bears could pass on Tre Mason in the third round, but Borland is a good pick.
I thought it was a good one for them, 3 instant contributors on D. I dont think the Bears are in dire enough need short term in the near future for a back, at least not enough to take one in the first 3 rounds with the needs defensively, but that is just my opinion.

What about the Bears RB's makes you think Mason in the 3rd?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I wanted to see a pick there in the first round. Trading like that is fine I guess. I feel like with a loaded first road, and our pick being that good in such a long time we could score on a blue chip player.

That Jags 2015 pick is huge though. It would be up to Marc Ross and Reese to get good players that can contribute.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers12 View Post
I like it, and would love it if Amaro is there in round two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Very nice work overall.
I would happily sign-off on this Packers top-3 picks.
I do hate to see the Bears get Borland. That would be a nightmare for the next 10 years because that guy is a Mike Singletary at ILB.
I really think he's going to have a better and longer career than Mosely.

We badly need a S, TE, and ILB, so you hit them all.
I personally would rather have Pryor, Borland, and Nicklas as I see instant help and long careers for all 3 of those guys.
Nicklas has unteachable size and has soft hands. A willing-blocker too.
I like the fit there for Armano, makes a ton of sense to me.

Borland could very well outlive Mosley, I'll be interested to see them develop over time, especially if Mosley can stay healthy. Singletary and Z. Thomas are two guys I think he compares favorably too.
I think your combination works well too. Nicklas was not on my radar until he declared, I have liked what I have seen from him so far, and could see him making huge strides on my board over the next couple months. Size, hads and blocking are certainly things that he has going for him. I think Buffalo is a team that could easily target him in the second ultimately. This mock has him going low, but IMO it is that deep.

I appreciate the feedback fellas :)
Old 02-19-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Damn, I wanted to see a pick there in the first round. Trading like that is fine I guess. I feel like with a loaded first road, and our pick being that good in such a long time we could score on a blue chip player.

That Jags 2015 pick is huge though. It would be up to Marc Ross and Reese to get good players that can contribute.
Sorry to disappoint :(

I think the whole draft is pretty well loaded, so doubling down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds is not so bad IMO, and landing a 2015 first too is very nice.

If there was no trade there, who would you take?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
I can't even imagine that draft coming true... give me Hyde over Mason (both of which I fully expect gone before round 3), and I'm so ecstatic I can't even come up with a proper analogy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I know we just ousted Lombardi but I can't see this franchise waiting that long for their QB. I think Borland is a greater fit inside in a 34 than 43. Smallwood is too limited athletically to see high 2nd IMO. I recognize Robinson is riding the hype train but I don't see him escaping the top 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Great for the Browns
twiz - Nice to get a thumbs up from you ;) The only reason Mason falls and Hyde is not even in this top 3 rounds is the overall depth in this draft, and depth at tailback. I'm not in love with Hyde as many are, but I see potential there for sure.

Brown - I am not sure that without trading up, that they are getting one of the top 3. I think Mettenberger could be a 2nd round possibility, you? I didn't want to wait that long myself but that's the way things went down in this mock. Personally I think Borland will be fine in either as long as his responsabilites dont stretch his ability. I have Smallwood in the bottom of the first, although after watching him again on monday, I see him dropping, did not notice or note before, but his lateral agility and ability to play side line to side line is not as good as I originally thought. I do think he is more of a straight line athlete now, but overall not as good as I originally thought. I foresee him falling in my rankings as the process goes on.

Robinson could very well go as high as #2 to St. Louis if they dont trade down, and after the combine I could very well raise my grade for him into the top five, and ultimately be that value in the eyes of most. I dont think the need for tackle in the top five is there, Atl at 6, TB at 7 are two teams I could see taking him, St. Louis trades down anywhere in the top ten and I think they could nab him there. Buffalo, if he falls and Marrone's BPA available comments hold true would be where I think floor is. Given needs and top end value I am not sure he goes top 5, but I dont see him getting out of the top 10 ultimately. Could be the reason Matthews drops...

Poop - Thanks :)

Overall I think Cleveland is a great place with their picks in the draft to do as they please, wether it be move up, stand still, and either way really enhance the talent level on their roster. Interesting that Cleveland fans really seem divided on the QB situation.