Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Sacramento Kings offered the Boston Celtics a package of Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and draft picks for Rajon Rondo, according to a source.

The deal did not go through due to Rondo's disinterest in signing a long-term contract with the Kings.

The Celtics reportedly want multiple first round picks in a deal for Rondo.
Depending on the picks, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's not bad for Rondo as long as a first rounder is in there, even if McLemore is terrible.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Hardaway Jr. is gonna be a star.

I hope Iman somehow rekindles the growth he showed last year in the playoffs. if Tyler, Hardaway, and Iman can all grow we have 3 young building blocks for the future.

Not saying they're premier guys, but they're a good base to build around. If we can hold onto them and get some star players in 2015 FA I'll be a happy camper.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star? Let's calm down there. He looks good this year, but a star is stretching it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One team in the NBA has three players with a PER of over 20. That team is the Kings. Says a lot about how trash the rest of the roster is. Or how PER doesn't judge defense appropriately. I'm not sure.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Star? Let's calm down there. He looks good this year, but a star is stretching it.
Even if he can play like how he is now consistently for the rest of his career, I'll consider that a win for us. He's a building block. We have a long way to go, but you gotta start somewhere.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calling him a star is not starting from somewhere.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardaway Jr. is going to be a nice role player, but that's about it. You though Shump was going to be a star too, remember?
Old 02-18-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Shump could have become one if he just had more confidence in his offense. I feel like this Iso ball offense really holds him back.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
One team in the NBA has three players with a PER of over 20. That team is the Kings. Says a lot about how trash the rest of the roster is. Or how PER doesn't judge defense appropriately. I'm not sure.
Because we have two guys who you can build around, and our perimeter defense is dog ****. Our best defender is probably Cousins and that says a lot considering he still gets into his bad habits on defense. Thomas is a great piece but I've never thought of him as starting material, and the sooner we accept that the better we will be. Considering how deep the NBA is in point guards, it's ridiculous we haven't been able to land a starting quality guy.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Because we have two guys who you can build around, and our perimeter defense is dog ****. Our best defender is probably Cousins and that says a lot considering he still gets into his bad habits on defense. Thomas is a great piece but I've never thought of him as starting material, and the sooner we accept that the better we will be. Considering how deep the NBA is in point guards, it's ridiculous we haven't been able to land a starting quality guy.
Psh, building around Rudy Gay because he's been good for a few games is a horrible idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-18-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
On a positive note, I do like the promise and potential of Jeremy Tyler and Hardaway Jr. Having 2 young pieces that can be used as building blocks moving forward is a good start to rebuilding.

I'm not saying either will be a star or anything, but they're good young complimentary players. Tyler lacks foot speed, but he has the size and skill to be a solid post player and with more playing time he'll improve his anticipation on defense.

He needs to cut back on fouls but I don't mind the effort. You have 6 fouls a game it's not a crime to use 5 of them. Personally I feel players should foul a lot more than they do but hey. What do I know.
Quote:
Tim Hardaway Jr. is gonna be a star.

I hope Iman somehow rekindles the growth he showed last year in the playoffs. if Tyler, Hardaway, and Iman can all grow we have 3 young building blocks for the future.

Not saying they're premier guys, but they're a good base to build around. If we can hold onto them and get some star players in 2015 FA I'll be a happy camper.
I am confused now.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sometimes I flip the switch from post to post.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sometimes I flip the switch from post to post.
Its okay, I still think Dan Dickau wouldve been a perfect PG on a championship team. Then again, I still believe the the teams that win the championship 90% of the time have non spoken roles that all work out.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when BBD would say nothing but stars matter and you can just fill in the rest of the roster.

Knicks got 3 meh players to build around, watch out!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Psh, building around Rudy Gay because he's been good for a few games is a horrible idea.
I meant that he is a guy who you wouldn't mind having as a center piece. I obviously would never build around him given his age and cost, but you can't ignore the fact that he is a completely different player once he was removed from that toxic situation in Toronto (toxic for him). Boogie is obviously the guy, and it looks like we're trying to clear room.

Woj reporting that the nets might take Thornton off our hands.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quiet you.

They're not meh!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant that he is a guy who you wouldn't mind having as a center piece. I obviously would never build around him given his age and cost, but you can't ignore the fact that he is a completely different player once he was removed from that toxic situation in Toronto (toxic for him). Boogie is obviously the guy, and it looks like we're trying to clear room.

The Nets want everybody.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this trade deadline is going to suck like all others before it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Everything is setting up for the Lakers to finish as one of the three worst teams and then jump the Bucks and 76ers in the lottery. Most difficult remaining schedule (although much of it is at home). Jabari Parker to LA.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Who would you want if you got the top pick?

Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Who would you want if you got the top pick?
#SorryForJabari
Old 02-18-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

He was meh in Memphis too...this could easily just be a hot streak. There's no real evidence in his career that he'll keep this up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-18-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jabari Parker to LA.
Best believe it.

Future is:

Uncle Drew/Jabari/Love

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Best believe it.

Future is:

Uncle Drew/Jabari/Love

:)
No, the future is Chicago boys coming home. Rose/Shump/Jabari/The Brow/Noah.

Now, really Noah is from NYC, but we've adopted him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote