Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

What r ur guys thoughts on the back up QB situation? Should we keep Flynn sigh someone else or draft a rookie. I think we should keep Flynn and draft a rookie in the later rounds.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 PM    (permalink
OCGMAN
Rookie

OCGMAN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Something I am finding very interesting is Calvin Pryor leap frogging Ha'sean for the first safety chosen. That could work out very well for us. With only 20 picks ahead of us and at least 3 QBs and 4 Olineman locks to go, I don't see two safeties AND Mosley going in those 13 picks.

So what intrigues me is that it's a copycat league and I really think teams might bump Pryor up based on his physicality after seeing the Seahawks D dominate. He's not quite as tall as Kam Chancellor but Pryor is an imposing hitter who can also cover and I think a lot of teams might covet that more.

For us, I definitely think Ha'sean is the better pick (although I'd love either.) Our offense is good enough that the number one priority is to prevent big plays on defense, in my opinion. Pryor is going to give you a little more on a play by play basis but Ha'sean is going to prevent more of those big plays.

More likely, the Bears will take him at 14. Da dumb bears...
I agree HaHa is a better fit for our D, we need more of a Free Safety, so Burnett can move to Strong Safety which is more suited for his skills. Mosley is possible too, and not bad 2nd option, think Shavier could be good too at ILB.
As far as da dum bears, they do seem to get in our way, taking McCellin instead of Perry. I think they need DT more than safety, so they could pick Pitt's Aaron Donald or Nix instead. Same thing w/ Dallas, they either take a safety or DT, hope they pick Pryor over HaHa.
OCGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCGMAN View Post
I agree HaHa is a better fit for our D, we need more of a Free Safety, so Burnett can move to Strong Safety which is more suited for his skills. Mosley is possible too, and not bad 2nd option, think Shavier could be good too at ILB.
As far as da dum bears, they do seem to get in our way, taking McCellin instead of Perry. I think they need DT more than safety, so they could pick Pitt's Aaron Donald or Nix instead. Same thing w/ Dallas, they either take a safety or DT, hope they pick Pryor over HaHa.
I do like Shazier but I'm not sure I see him fitting in our D. We need his speed but we need physicality and sure tackling as well and those are the weakest aspects of his game.

Then again, his upside is probably higher than even Mosley's. If he shows up at the combine at or above 240 and performs well, he might even come off the board before Mosley.

I think he fits much better as a 4-3 OLB where he can be used more as a cover/blitzer type guy rather than a run stopper. He really doesn't tackle well consistently and training people to tackle well is obviously not our defensive coaches forte.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

22 years ago today, Ron Wolf traded a first round pick for Brett Favre.

WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
22 years ago today, Ron Wolf traded a first round pick for Brett Favre.

I still remember all the stories about how he was an overweight alcoholic and party animal while with Atlanta and people being all Wtf over us trading for him. And the people that still wanted to bench him after his electrifying debut.

Say what you will about Favre but he's still the QB I'd take for one game if he was on fire. When he was on it was something else.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Van Roten was released today.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...y-jim-leonhard

Obviously not the answer, but I'd love to see him on the team.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...y-jim-leonhard

Obviously not the answer, but I'd love to see him on the team.
He's a very good #3 safety for a team. Very smart player. He's lacking big time size and athleticism wise or he would be an all pro. Great instincts and just very smart.

I would love him at a vet minimum deal.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well this is certainly some interesting news

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h

From Total Access: I’m told #Packers plan to spend money on outside free agents this year with nearly $30M in cap space. Could most in years

What is #Packers plan? They want to re-make their D in Dom Capers’ image, going more athletic & versatile up front. May mean goodbye to Raji

Don’t be surprised if #Packers DLs now weigh closer to 290 than the 330 that Ryan Pickett & BJ Raji weigh. Will get much faster, too

Yes. Packers DLs will likely more resemble Datone Jones RT @sorenson11: @RapSheet like Datone's weight?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18m

Packers want to get after the QB up front. That’s a huge focus. RT @WilliamJanssen6: @RapSheet Good News Ian! #PackersForLife

So they'll be heavily focusing on DLineman in FA, it would seem. Would love them to sign 2 DLineman and then one of the top tier FA Safeties...then go into the draft looking for some ILB help

be interesting to see how much they spend though. I mean, they gotta re-sign Shields, EDS and Jordy is a FA after 2014...Cobb a FA after 2015. Need to keep that in mind

In any case, this will be the first time in....ever, that I'll be excited for FA
Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Lamarr Houston look good in Green & Gold or what?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Would Lamarr Houston look good in Green & Gold or what?
I am a huge fan of Houston.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
well this is certainly some interesting news

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

So they'll be heavily focusing on DLineman in FA, it would seem. Would love them to sign 2 DLineman and then one of the top tier FA Safeties...then go into the draft looking for some ILB help

be interesting to see how much they spend though. I mean, they gotta re-sign Shields, EDS and Jordy is a FA after 2014...Cobb a FA after 2015. Need to keep that in mind

In any case, this will be the first time in....ever, that I'll be excited for FA
I still think we're in good shape cap wise. Keep in mind we have he ability to clear some money off the books by releasing some guys in the next year. Cobb isn't going to get more than Cruz got, which is awesome.

Nelson could very easily get a VJax contract, which is a lot. Shields will get something like 7/8 mil a year. That still leaves us in pretty decent shape.

As for Lamar Houston, I like him but he's going to be too rich. Probably going to land for 7/8 mil a year and that's a lot to pay a guy that may or may not fit well in our scheme.

If we're going after a big free agent, it really has to be Byrd. That clearly makes the most sense as it would drastically improve two positions at once (FS and SS by moving Burnett to his more natural position) and our most glaring need. Houston would be spending a lot of money for a position where we have a first round pick from last year and a borderline up-and-coming pro bowler. (Also keep in mind we typically play 2 down lineman.)

I'd much rather see us address safety with the great FA crop at the position and then make a couple smaller, sneaky grabs for the front seven.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree that Houston might not fit. I also wouldn't assume that the frequency of playing 2 down linemen is going to continue as they've said the goal is to be more multiple in their personnel groupings. He's played in both the 4-3 and 3-4 in his time with the Raiders and his 6'3" 300LB frame fits the profile of closer to Datone Jones than BJ Raji.

That being said I'm realistic and understand that he might still get priced out of the Green Bay market, but I think if he can be afforded he'd be a great pickup.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:57 AM    (permalink
OCGMAN
Rookie

OCGMAN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default FA DLinman

Houston is good, but Raider have alot of cap space too, so I think they will keep him.

I like either KC's Tyson Jackson or Ravan's Arthur Jones. The Ravens and Chiefs do not have much cap space so I think both are up for grabs on the open market.

Both are good verstile lineman.

However the rumor mention front 7 needs more speed, so maybe a safety is not where TT is looking.

The biggest impact Free Agent and would be front 7 is Orakpo, but doing that would giving up on Perry, so dont think TT does that.

So, Jackson or Jones with a Byrd, than focus on drafting a future OLB, S, ILB and TE.
OCGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:06 AM    (permalink
goedkopeener
Rookie

goedkopeener hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks for sharing this great knowledge with us. I respect your opinion.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCGMAN View Post
Houston is good, but Raider have alot of cap space too, so I think they will keep him.

I like either KC's Tyson Jackson or Ravan's Arthur Jones. The Ravens and Chiefs do not have much cap space so I think both are up for grabs on the open market.

Both are good verstile lineman.

However the rumor mention front 7 needs more speed, so maybe a safety is not where TT is looking.

The biggest impact Free Agent and would be front 7 is Orakpo, but doing that would giving up on Perry, so dont think TT does that.

So, Jackson or Jones with a Byrd, than focus on drafting a future OLB, S, ILB and TE.
Houston himself has publicly questioned whether he is in the Raider's future plans. He in fact wonders if he is a good fit in their defensive system. With guys like Michael Johnson and Michael Bennett available it isn't out of the question that the Raiders will see their cap space better spent on a more prototypical 4-3 DE. Houston has been described as a tweener and a lot of tweeners end up as 3-4 DEs.

I'm a bit meh on Tyson Jackson. Though he has already made his money (3rd overall pick before rookie wage scale) so might be better odds at getting him at a reasonable price for the chance at a championship. I like Arthur Jones better as a player, but being a former 5th round pick he might, like Houston, be looking to cash in as this is probably his last deal before he turns 30.

Orakpo is going to be way too pricey and I think he's best served in a Wade Phillips type system where he is basically a stand up DE.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamar Houston would be our Justin Smith, which would be amazing.

I am not buying all this FA talk about us spending money.

We have Nelson, Cobb to sign next year, probably Lacy the year after that. That is a lot of money right there.

We shall see, I would loved to be proved wrong on this one, and have TT sign a guy like Houston.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I am not buying all this FA talk about us spending money.
WINNER WINNER.
Me too.

Will only believe this when I see it.

But I do hope Capers grabbed Thompson and McCarthy by the neck and said
"You let me go out and get 3 or 4 free agents, B-list or lower, and you let me select your #1 draft pick, or else I walk now".......

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
WINNER WINNER.
Me too.

Will only believe this when I see it.

But I do hope Capers grabbed Thompson and McCarthy by the neck and said
"You let me go out and get 3 or 4 free agents, B-list or lower, and you let me select your #1 draft pick, or else I walk now".......

what haha i dont think capers has been nearly good enough lately to start making demands like that. i'm a little behind what happened with the coaching staff. can anyone give me a run down? is kevin greene gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
what haha i dont think capers has been nearly good enough lately to start making demands like that. i'm a little behind what happened with the coaching staff. can anyone give me a run down? is kevin greene gone?
The Green Bay Packers have named Winston Moss assistant head coach/linebackers, Alex Van Pelt quarterbacks coach, Scott McCurley assistant linebackers coach, Jason Simmons defensive/special teams assistant, John Rushing defensive quality control coach, Sam Gash running backs coach, Ron Zook assistant special teams coach, Luke Getsy offensive quality control coach and Chris Gizzi strength and conditioning assistant.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think we see Mike Neal back next year.

I have been thinking a lot about MM's press conference about the defense and how they didn't have the personnel on the field to run the multiple formations they had in years past. Neal is such a unique player, that he can do multiple things for your defense.

I am envisioning two versions of the psycho package, one "heavy" and one "light with heavy being Daniels/Worthy at DT, and then Datone and Neal at OLB, and CM3/Perry/Hawk at ILB. The "light" would take out Datone, and have another ILB.

In addition, the Packers could run a "4-3", more like a 2-5, where Neal and Datone are the OLBs/DEs and Daniels/Worthy/Boyd are the interior DL.

Neal-Worthy-Daniels-Datone
Perry - Hawk - CM3
Old 02-20-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I am with you guys on not believing we'll spend money this year, or any year, in FA.

Really, this offseason is the time to do it if we're going to. Our cap situation is great, even with Nelson and Cobb coming up next year, and we can afford to sign Shields, one big free agent and still sign our rookies and some minor guys without screwing our extensions moving forward.

Byrd is the guy we need to target. Unless his number goes over 10 mil a year, I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't sign him. There's no reason we shouldn't be offering him up to a 5 year, 10 mil a year deal. We can entice him with the opportunity to join a Championship contender where he'll get put in position to make tons of plays and build his legacy. We can use Charles Woodson as a sell; "Yeah, people knew Charles before he came here but they'll remember him as a hall of famer for what he did in this defensive scheme." He's used to a smaller, cold market.

Screw this talk of going after defensive lineman. It needs to be all-in on Byrd. Houston wouldn't make a third of the impact Byrd would.

We need to eschew our normal slow-play FA strategy and hit Byrd with a mega offer on March 9th. We need to be the first team calling him up and going "you're our guy, here's 50 mil."

Old 02-20-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Byrd spent his freshman year of high school and played on varsity at Pulaski, which is ten minutes northwest of Green Bay, so he has roots in the area. I support targeting him in free agency.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Byrd spent his freshman year of high school and played on varsity at Pulaski, which is ten minutes northwest of Green Bay, so he has roots in the area. I support targeting him in free agency.
Prince, come on now!
YOU know better than that..... even the crazy 2006 wild free agent frenzy Teddy went on, Woodson and Pickett, he didn't have to outbid other teams for their services.

Byrd is going to be very coveted and command top dollar in a bidding contest.

Teddy will have no part of that at all.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Mike McCarthy had some interesting comments today:

1) Sounds like he wants to see Datone be a regular on defense next year (which he should be)

2) Sounds like J-Mike's injury wasn't the same as Collin's, and MM hopes they can sign him back. - If we do, I hope it is an incentive laden deal.

3) Really likes the depth chart for RB and OL - I would agree, and I hope they bring back Starks; although Baltimore could really use Starks now...

With this, I think it is even more apparent that we will not be going out and spending big money on outside free agents. I think it is possible that Finley, Nelson (extension), Flynn, Neal, Shields, Kuhn, and others could all be re-signed.

If Finley is back, Jones is gone, and possibly vice-versa.

I also am starting to think the draft will be all about LBs and building depth there. I, again, feel that Borland is the ultimate player at ILB in this year's draft, and I hope we take him. If by chance we don't re-sign Neal, then I could see using a 2nd-3rd rounder on an OLB.