Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-17-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea no way Deccoud makes the team if we sign a quality vet saftey or draft someone in the top 3 rounds.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news, the Falcons signed Gabe Carimi today. He was a big time prospect in 2011, but never lived up to the hype. It's not much to get excited about, but it makes me believe even more that they are leaning toward defense in the draft.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons released Garrett Reynolds as well. I'm happy with that. He's too slow and awkward to play in the NFL. TD noted over a month ago that his inability to play RG also hampered Peter Konz at center. We'll definitely need to bring in a starting caliber RG in and shore up the interior of the o-line.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Falcons released Garrett Reynolds as well. I'm happy with that. He's too slow and awkward to play in the NFL. TD noted over a month ago that his inability to play RG also hampered Peter Konz at center. We'll definitely need to bring in a starting caliber RG in and shore up the interior of the o-line.
and we saved over 1 million $
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the mocks had us dropping from 7 to 9 and taking Ebron. I actually wouldn't hate that. He's the only tight end worth taking for us IMO.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
One of the mocks had us dropping from 7 to 9 and taking Ebron. I actually wouldn't hate that. He's the only tight end worth taking for us IMO.
I wouldn't like that at all. We have plenty of playmakers on offense to get the job done. We need an O-Line. And a Defense.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I truly believe the Falcons should take a defensive player with every single pick this year. Maybe one G/C.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't like drafting a TE in the first unless he's really elite. I think it would be more wise for us to select a playmaker on defense. In recent years we've seen many good TE selected between round 2-4, and I wouldn't mind nabbing one anywhere in there.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-21-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for all picks to be defense. But if we can pick up a 3rd round pick and Ebron i like it. We didn't NEED Julio either. People had us getting a number 2 like Greg Little. All pro talent is all pro talent. If we dont get a guy like Ebron pr ASJ, I dont want a TE until very late.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I truly believe the Falcons should take a defensive player with every single pick this year. Maybe one G/C.
You're saying this before free agency even starts. And they have major offensive needs too: No starting quality TE, terrible WR depth, Steven Jackson and Roddy White are probably past their prime, Julio coming off an injury to a previously injured foot, O-line play was terrible in 13.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
You're saying this before free agency even starts. And they have major offensive needs too: No starting quality TE, terrible WR depth, Steven Jackson and Roddy White are probably past their prime, Julio coming off an injury to a previously injured foot, O-line play was terrible in 13.
I get that they could maybe use another WR for depth, but Julio,White,Douglas is not terrible WR depth by any definition.

But yes, things could technically change with free agency. I'd rather go for TE there(not that I"d go for anything major, maybe Keller or Miller). I think the defense badly needs speed, depth and cheap players. I think you can supplement a defense(or offense for that matter) through FA, but you can't get your base there. Atlanta has no base on that side of the ball. I think drafting a core of guys who they could build around would be very smart. I did forget they took two CBs last year(was thinking just one), so that lessens the need slightly. At the least though I think they should come out of this draft with 3 DL(2 in the first 3 rounds), a LB and a DB. I'd probably target G and one skill guy beyond that.

I think the OL can be fixed through coaching, scheme and a few cheap adds whether in the draft or FA.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I would love for all picks to be defense. But if we can pick up a 3rd round pick and Ebron i like it. We didn't NEED Julio either. People had us getting a number 2 like Greg Little. All pro talent is all pro talent. If we dont get a guy like Ebron pr ASJ, I dont want a TE until very late.
Ebron's a special talent and coupled with a trade down, it would be hard to hate that pick.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

After seeing the tackles today it was a great day for us as all 3 showed to be worth the pick.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'd pay little attention to how tackles do in these performance tests, but it is good to see how athletic the group is this year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-22-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

We will end up with Matthews and i will hate it. Very confident in these predictions.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:48 PM    (permalink
A1pha
Rookie

A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ebron, but not top 10 no thank you. Give me Joe Don Duncan he's my sleeper pick and has been for quite a while. I also pegged Jimmy Graham a few years back. I think Joe Don in Atlanta would be absolutely money.
A1pha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Clowney prefers to play for the Falcons.

Quote:
Jadeveon Clowney would like to play for the Atlanta Falcons, but he doesn't want to fall to their pick at No. 6.

“I wish [the Falcons] could trade up for me,” Clowney told Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. Clowney prefers a trade up, because he doesn’t want to be passed over five times. “I hope I don’t fall to No. 6. I like Atlanta — a lot,” Clowney said.

“They’re pretty good. They’ve got some guys from South Carolina on the team, also. And it’s close to home.”

The Falcons have admitted that they're considering moving up from No. 6 and a deal with the St. Louis Rams at No. 2 would make the most sense.
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...de_up_for_him/

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-23-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

If we trade up im finished.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Wouldn't need to trade up had Washington got that 2 point play.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Or just lost to buffalo

Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
A1pha
Rookie

A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting most certainly, and I'm glad he loves Atlanta because we would love to Have him here too but I don't want to pay a ransom for him. I guess we will see what happens in free agency. I am sure his combine numbers will be impressive and keep him at the top of the draft boards. If he slips past 1 I don't think we need to trade all the way to 2 to land him. I think we'd be sittin pretty to get up to 4 or even 5 if it didn't take much of anything. But all the way to 2 is going to be too expensive.
A1pha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Aaron Donald is killing it. I'd love for the Falcons to draft him with that 2nd round pick.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-24-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Chris Smith is having an awesome combine as well.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Falcons signed safety Rafael Bush today. He's already familiar with the organization after a year on the team in 2010. Last year he started 6 games for the Saints.

I don't think the Falcons want to even draft a safety in this class and start a rookie. They will be drafting one in the 2nd and beyond, so the talent won't be elite either way. I think they will prefer to have an open competition with the guys already on the roster that are experienced and familiar with the defense.

I like Kemal Ishmael, watch out for him this year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-04-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bleacher report came out with their CB rankings for 2014 yesterday. Not sure if Scar had anything to do with it, but they ranked top 100 and Desmond Trufant is #5. Wow.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rbacks/page/57

Quote:
we all hate you