Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HEY SP, CONGRATS! You are a fantastic detective! YOU SHOULD BE A RL POLICEMAN WITH YOUR AMAZING DEDUCTION SKILLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZ

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic evil vidae
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Not gonna lie, that would, at least, half my post count, hahaha
Just checked, I have about 3400 posts in the mafia forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, and i thought vidae was ugly in real life.

vidae, your character, woof!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Just checked, I have about 3400 posts in the mafia forum.
How do you check that?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
How do you check that?
I just added up all the posts I've had in each thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just added up all the posts I've had in each thread.
I was afraid you were going to say that. I am interested in knowing mine... but not that much.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm too lazy to do that much math for so little pay-off at this time of night.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good morning everyone. Will review all my PMs and write the day opening if they are all there. If not I'll prod some people.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
HEY SP, CONGRATS! You are a fantastic detective! YOU SHOULD BE A RL POLICEMAN WITH YOUR AMAZING DEDUCTION SKILLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZ
Thanks! I really think I did a good job of working out you were anti-town! :)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Survivor isn't anti-town smart guy.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes it is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Survivor isn't anti or pro anything except surviving. Why do I have to explain this to you of all people?

Old 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will comment on this after the game. Conflict of interest and all :)

Old 02-27-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was only half being serious. I think technically it is anti-town and I don't think you were really playing pro-town, but I definitely thought you were Mafia and it hurt that you weren't lol.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Survivor isn't anti or pro anything except surviving. Why do I have to explain this to you of all people?
Survivor is anti-town because it only cares about itself. It doesn't care if the town wins at all. If there is a scenario where the mafia is one vote away from majority, its in the best interest of the survivor to simply vote with the mafia, let them win, and also win. Therefore, anti-town.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Survivor is anti-town because it only cares about itself. It doesn't care if the town wins at all. If there is a scenario where the mafia is one vote away from majority, its in the best interest of the survivor to simply vote with the mafia, let them win, and also win. Therefore, anti-town.
Couldn't you say that it's also in the best interest of the Survivor for the Town to win? To help root out the Mafia.. and also win?

You can't paint a Survivor as anything except pro surviving and anti not surviving.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I think this argument is relatively pointless as everyone is saying almost the exact same thing. Its like arguing the difference between Catholicism and Christianity as a whole... it's not worth the time nor the effort to establish who is right over the smallest microcosm of detail.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's saying that Survivor is Anti-Town. I'm saying it isn't. How are those the same things?

Old 02-27-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's saying that Survivor is Anti-Town. I'm saying it isn't. How are those the same things?
Because the difference between being Anti Town and not in this case is smaller than the thickness of a hair.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Couldn't you say that it's also in the best interest of the Survivor for the Town to win? To help root out the Mafia.. and also win?

You can't paint a Survivor as anything except pro surviving and anti not surviving.
It could be in the Survivor's best interest to root out the mafia and win that way too, yes, but the fact that this isn't always the case is what makes it anti-town!

I think back to my very first game, the Harry Potter game. Cain was a survivor and he did ABSOLUTELY nothing to help the town win. If you aren't helping the town win, and you don't care who wins in general, you are anti-town. Truly, it's all up to the person who is playing the role but generally, Survivor is considered an anti-town role.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And I still disagree. Oh well!

Old 02-27-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

*sigh*

Directly from the mafia scum wiki...

Quote:
Survivors are traditionally considered anti-Town and thus premium lynch targets. In truth, whether a Survivor is a burden to the Town is up to the Survivor's mentality. The Survivor can't be too much of a help to the Town or else they will get killed at Night; they can't be too much of a burden to Town or they will get lynched for sanity's sake. Thus, playing as Survivor requires the player to pace themselves.
One nasty strategy at early LyLo as Survivor is to vote a Townie immediately and let the scum perform an extended quickhammer for the win.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
One nasty strategy at early LyLo as Survivor is to vote a Townie immediately and let the scum perform an extended quickhammer for the win.
I was poised to do that one game. Then Gonzo killed me the night before. I was sad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about me banging dudes?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote