Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrule View Post
With Bradford they beat Seattle and Tennessee. He's throwing to practice squad receivers - with that being said, he has a lot to prove this year. If the Rams let him go, I can see Belichoke picking him up and them not missing a beat when Brady retires.
Sam Bradford is going to fill Tom Brady's shoes and the Patriots won't miss a beat? I'd say that would be the shock of the decade.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-26-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sam Bradford is going to fill Tom Brady's shoes and the Patriots won't miss a beat? I'd say that would be the shock of the decade.

Maybe Brady will decline into mediocrity, and they'll get the second pick in the draft, then they'll pick up Bradford, and he'll come in and do his thing, netting them another second pick in the draft, not skipping a beat.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dunno. Alex Smith taking his name off of the all-time bust list was pretty shocking. Sometimes it's amazing what the right coaching staff and surrounding cast can do for a player.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I dunno. Alex Smith taking his name off of the all-time bust list was pretty shocking. Sometimes it's amazing what the right coaching staff and surrounding cast can do for a player.
I think Bradford replacing Tom Brady and the Patriots averaging 12 wins a season would be in the higher list of miracles. Maybe that is just me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:45 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

Quote:
I think Bradford replacing Tom Brady and the Patriots averaging 12 wins a season would be in the higher list of miracles. Maybe that is just me.
It wouldn't be that surprising, as long as they have Ernie Adams in the background, and they play in the AFC Least.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Shottenheimer has always been considered a bad OC. That can hurt the progress of a young quarterback. Shot thinks all he has to do is put out formations like Bradford played with at OU and he will be called a great coordinator. But routes and play calling is what's really important.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great organization, weak division, and Bradford's not as bad as many make him out to be. Not saying it would happen, but wouldn't surprise me.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the point in arguing about Bradford. Next season he either proves that he's a legit QB once he's not surrounded by a colossal mess, or he proves for good that he can not be trusted.

Jake Locker is a similar case, although he can buy one more year without having a full breakout season if there's growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
I don't see the point in arguing about Bradford. Next season he either proves that he's a legit QB once he's not surrounded by a colossal mess, or he proves for good that he can not be trusted.

Jake Locker is a similar case, although he can buy one more year without having a full breakout season if there's growth.
Your right on there, Both these guys have shown enough to warrant a long look before closing the book on either. Their HC's, OC's and GM's all have their jobs on the line when a team sticks with a player, the Rams could have drafted RG111 or a QB this year but they believe in Bradford and that carries a lot more weight than any criticism coming from here. If these guys are willing to put their careers on the line for Bradford, they at least believe fully in his talent, there is no doubts in their minds.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I already post in this thread that he's Alex Smith 2.0? Because if I didn't, I'm doing it now.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alex Smith went into a pretty grim situation. Same with practically every quarterback for the Browns and Raiders the last ten years. Maybe Bradford turns his career around, but I just have never understood the infatuation for him. He just isn't that good to me. And he plays his best football when it matters least.
I don't either. Since the days of Andre Ware and David Klingler, there has been no Air Raid QB who has succeeded in the NFL for more than a season at this point. I would never touch an Air Raid QB until the 3rd Round, unless they had previous college experience at another school before being a graduate transfer.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Bradford, but I think he is what he is at this point. He's probably about as good as his supporting cast. You can certainly win with guys like that.

In 2013, he had the best supporting cast as he's had his entire pro career, and he was on his way to putting up some career best numbers prior to injury. But, cliche or not, he doesn't strike me as a guy who is going to elevate those around him to another level the way that the truly elite QBs can do.

The Alex Smith comparison is interesting. I don't think Sam has been as bad as Smith was early in his career, but I do see some similarities to Harbaugh-era and present day Smith.