Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
agreed on the 'this season' part. the future isn't really at play here.

also, keep in mind we get like, $3 million more in cap space when we cut dreesen's worthless ass and like $1 million for tamme (not sure if we'd keep him for depth).
I would keep Tamme. He is good depth, and can actually play in the slot all day when Welker gets a concussion (you know this will happen multiple times in the season).

Not sure how the cap situation will look next off-season, but they will have to be keeping in mind that DT, Von Miller and f*cking Julius need to be paid next year

Surprised the ILB talk is so quiet. Was expecting to see more about guys like Smith we should be kicking the tyres on.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:10 AM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I would keep Tamme. He is good depth, and can actually play in the slot all day when Welker gets a concussion (you know this will happen multiple times in the season).

Not sure how the cap situation will look next off-season, but they will have to be keeping in mind that DT, Von Miller and f*cking Julius need to be paid next year

Surprised the ILB talk is so quiet. Was expecting to see more about guys like Smith we should be kicking the tyres on.
I was kinda think Smith as well. Spikes may have been intriguing but with the signing of Ward, I don't see that happening.

I still hold out hope for Dan Connor to come to Denver and things just click, and he becomes the Mike, but that's very very unlikely.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, tell me about JD Walton.

plz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's been hurt. looked decent before that, i guess?
Hooray!

I think.

Ugh.

Better than 6 games and $6 mil of Baas, I guess
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
no, i think he'll be competent, but i'd hedge on anything beyond that. i thought he was promising pre-injury, though.
competent would make him our 2nd best OL last season. Now 3rd with the signing of Schwartz so trust me, I'll take it
Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Walton would have still been our starting center had he not got hurt. Not a pro-bowler, but will do his job.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Its only talk at this stage, but I sure am loving reading the stuff Ware is saying about working with Von. If Ware still has something left in the tank and he can make Von better and more consistent like he thinks he can, then this could be fun to watch.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

The Talib deal doesn't actually look too bad now. It looks like the guaranteed portion is simply against injury and not a signing bonus that will become dead money if we cut him in next 6 years. The money in yr 1 is big (12 mil), but years 2 and 3 are way less before going back up to 11 mil a season in yrs 4-6. It is a lot of money against the cap this year (which we have), but it wont hurt us much the following two years when we are trying to resign some guys. Good chance that it will really only be a 3 yr deal, unless he is playing other-worldly at the end of that.

Apparently we also offered the Talib money to Revis, but he wanted more.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Talib deal doesn't actually look too bad now.
The structure of the Talib deal is excellent for the Broncos - the only fully guaranteed money is his 2014 salary, the other guarantees are solely against injury. So if he plays well, we can hold on to him for the long term... if he doesn't, he's a minimal cap hit as a cut.

The FO deserves credit for how they are putting these contracts together.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the article. Very reassuring.

Quote:
Not sure how many instant starters are available in the draft for us, but I wouldn't mind trying to move up to draft CJ Mosely. I think he could make an immediate impact.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Thanks for the article. Very reassuring.

Not sure how many instant starters are available in the draft for us, but I wouldn't mind trying to move up to draft CJ Mosely. I think he could make an immediate impact.
Prob too big a move. Borland may be a more likely draft option, especially if we move back into early second round. We still need a cb in draft tho, so dont like idea of going into draft without a mlb on the roster.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Daryl Smith gone. Running out of mlb options.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Daryl Smith gone. Running out of mlb options.
That's pretty much par for the course for this team. I'm not expecting much more than some combo of one of our young backup guys + a mid/late draft pick + some cheap vet to tide us over.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Sounds like Emmanuel Sanders will be joining our crop of new additions. Should be a nice weapon on offense with that speed, and hopefully will take over the KR duties.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Sounds like Emmanuel Sanders will be joining our crop of new additions. Should be a nice weapon on offense with that speed, and hopefully will take over the KR duties.
Yeah, cautiously optimistic. His agent sounds like a douche though.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, cautiously optimistic. His agent sounds like a douche though.
Douche indeed but didn't drive a particularly hard bargain - 3 year / $15 mil contract with $6 mil guaranteed. Considering what Decker ended up getting and how Sanders is probably a better complement to our other guys in terms of skill set, it looks like a pretty good move.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys have enough cap room to bring in CJ 2k?
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
no, we won't be singing anyone else for more than the minimum. and i can't imagine wasting it on a bad running back.
Yeah, I think RB is pretty much going to on the cheap / through the draft to provide us with a decent rotation.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Some buzz about us moving up in round 1:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/464185144145100801

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/st...97386169253888

Highest I could see us going is 13. Probably in the 15-19 range. The 3 CBs (Dennard, Gilbert, Fuller) or an athletic LB (Mosley, Shazier) seem to be the likely targets. Darkhorse could be a DT, since we'll probably lose Vickerson and/or Pot Roast after this season.

Should be interesting to watch.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind landing bridgewater if he falls to 31.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not crazy at all. I don't think they'd do it, and I'm a firm believer in Dysert, but I'd love that pick for value and for the future. I dint think nfl teams are dumb enough to let him fall that far, after they rewatch his game tape, though.
I agree, though Elway's ego is far too big to give up on The Big O.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I dont mind the Roby pick. Corner is a need and he has skills.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed.

Hopefully Roby can learn some ball skills from Chris Harris to add to his elite athletic ability. Hoping for interior line or MLB tomorrow.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a LB in the 2nd and best player available in round 3.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Looking at the talent pool, DL-OL-WR seem to be positions where we are likely to get good value at the end of the 2nd.

I'd like to see a LB, but I'm not sure there is a great fit in round 2. Past history suggests they'll look for an undersized, quick, team-leader type later in the draft.