Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should absolutely be spoilered. There is an entire thread dedicated to the GOT TV show for that exact reason, amongst others.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like my forum etiquette is rusty
Old 03-17-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to that Turn show coming to AMC. That last two books I've read have been about that same topic so it's pretty cool timing for this show to come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm looking forward to that Turn show coming to AMC. That last two books I've read have been about that same topic so it's pretty cool timing for this show to come out.
Same here. Revolutionary War era is my favorite time period of American history.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The creation of the GoT show thread was a bit absurd. It was created because one person thought a bookreader had spoiled something, even though no one had and that poster's assumption about the so-called spoiler was completely wrong. I guess it helps with the paranoia, but there was never an actual problem with spoilers.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm definitely going to watch it. The previews have looked awesome and from what I know about the story already it should be a fantastic show.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The creation of the GoT show thread was a bit absurd. It was created because one person thought a bookreader had spoiled something, even though no one had and that poster's assumption about the so-called spoiler was completely wrong. I guess it helps with the paranoia, but there was never an actual problem with spoilers.
Theres plenty of reason to be paranoid. I don't want anything spoiled and theres tons of people posting here that could. And I have had things spoiled for me in the TV thread by people who were reading the books, even after we had separate threads.

And besides, can the word absurd really be used for something as harmless as a thread on a forum? Its not like we've taken some drastic measures. Its pretty simple, if theres something that has happened on a TV show, and you're not in that shows thread, its a spoiler.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Theres plenty of reason to be paranoid. I don't want anything spoiled and theres tons of people posting here that could. And I have had things spoiled for me in the TV thread by people who were reading the books, even after we had separate threads.

And besides, can the word absurd really be used for something as harmless as a thread on a forum? Its not like we've taken some drastic measures. Its pretty simple, if theres something that has happened on a TV show, and you're not in that shows thread, its a spoiler.
Yes, the reaction to non-existent spoilers by certain posters can be described as absurd. And I very seriously doubt you have had anything spoiled for you in the TV thread by bookreaders. If you have any particular examples go ahead and share them, but the most I have seen is people freaking out at simply the possibility that something may have been spoiled.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, the reaction to non-existent spoilers by certain posters can be described as absurd. And I very seriously doubt you have had anything spoiled for you in the TV thread by bookreaders. If you have any particular examples go ahead and share them, but the most I have seen is people freaking out at simply the possibility that something may have been spoiled.
********. There were a lot of spoilers posted in that thread. Most of them weren't "big", but they were spoilers. The book readers don't have a good grasp on what is and isn't a spoiler because nothing is a spoiler to them since they read the book and have all the details in their head. Someone came into the show thread and unwittingly spoiled the identity of a character show watchers were trying to figure out.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Book readers wanted everyone to know they're book readers and couldn't help themselves from hinting at things. Also, who cares about one more thread? We have like, 10 threads in the off topic section that get any traffic.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys please, can't we wait 2 weeks before starting this **** again for the whole summer?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
********. There were a lot of spoilers posted in that thread. Most of them weren't "big", but they were spoilers. The book readers don't have a good grasp on what is and isn't a spoiler because nothing is a spoiler to them since they read the book and have all the details in their head. Someone came into the show thread and unwittingly spoiled the identity of a character show watchers were trying to figure out.
You're going to have to be more specific about whatever character you're referring to, because I have no memory of that happening. I'll repeat;

Quote:
If you have any particular examples go ahead and share them, but the most I have seen is people freaking out at simply the possibility that something may have been spoiled.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 03-17-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Guys please, can't we wait 2 weeks before starting this **** again for the whole summer?
Joffrey bangs Tyrion.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Joffrey bangs Tyrion.
I'm a bookfag, so I will neither confirm nor deny this.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cigaro is taking the douchiest stance possible here and I wish I could say I was surprised.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Cigaro is taking the douchiest stance possible here and I wish I could say I was surprised.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 03-18-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I will give you that some people over react. But that's not what you said, you said creating a thread for one of the most popular tv shows is absurd. Some peoples over reactions could definitely be called absurd.

And as for the spoilers, here's one example from last season

Not sure why you think its a big deal to have two threads. But I'd rather things like this be avoided. And that was even after the TV thread was created, so I'm sure things like that would happen way more often if they was just one. There's benefits, and no costs, so I'm not sure what your gripe is. Plus now you can all discuss the books and tv shows as openly as you want in the other thread.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 03-18-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 more episodes of Psych..............................
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
2 more episodes of Psych..............................
I haven't watched any of the new ones because the longer I wait, the longer I get to believe it isn't over. That's how it works, right?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't watched any of the new ones because the longer I wait, the longer I get to believe it isn't over. That's how it works, right?
Thats why my friend hasn't watched season 5 of Chuck. Because to him it's not over.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Although a bit disjointed, I've really enjoyed the episodes from this season so far. Having multiple episodes with Trout was a failure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoy dancing with the stars. Get to see some bygone celebs and Erin Andrews is a host. She's something that one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Anyone been watching Cosmos? Not really as informative as I would have liked but I've enjoyed both episodes that I've watched.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rick and Morty is amazing.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Snookie made a funny appearance on Supernatural tonight.