Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-26-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't rank anyone anywhere. A mock draft is in no way a reflection of my personal rankings.

Guys fall. Teams "ignore" "needs" on draft day.

First of all, if your argument starts with "I fully admit we don't have a long-term option for that position," it's probably not a great argument. Mosley is a stud prospect. Look what CAR did with Kuechly.

Barr isn't that great a football player.

Allen Robinson is.

Aaron Donald only fits a 4-3 and is small.

KTrain - are you serious? Gilbert isn't good and Adams is one of the worst OL in the NFL. If Lewan falls there because of character and position (very possible), those players wouldn't preclude them from taking the top player on their board.

As usual, ya'll are in for a rude awakening on draft day expecting teams to exclusively fill 2014 "needs" that jive with internet consensus ratings of prospects. Never happens.
This is what every moxk draftee does, you included by having Clinton-Dix selected by the rams at 13.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Lewan might be too good value to pass up, which is a shame because i like Adams and Gilbert, and Beachum is such an underdog, its hard not to root for him.
I'm not a fan of Lewan and would be absolutely ticked off if they selected him. I think they're going to go corner in round one and then a WR in round two.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holtbruce, that's one pick. Not my point.

As for Dennard, he's this years amukamara in terms of a "slide". He's good, but he's limited, has flaws, and doesn't project as a great pro compared to his college status.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Anthony Barr is available at 22 he will be the pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't rank anyone anywhere. A mock draft is in no way a reflection of my personal rankings.

Guys fall. Teams "ignore" "needs" on draft day.

First of all, if your argument starts with "I fully admit we don't have a long-term option for that position," it's probably not a great argument. Mosley is a stud prospect. Look what CAR did with Kuechly.

Barr isn't that great a football player.
I just don't see Mosley as a "stud prospect", so I guess that's the disconnect. If I ranked him near Kuechly I'd have a different opinion of the pick. His health worreis me too much as well. In a draft with 10-12 elite prospects, I feel like we aren't getting one of them at 10 and that's a problem for me.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aaron Donald only fits a 4-3 and is small.
Small like Geno Atkins, yes. Same height, longer arms, bigger hands, more bench reps. But he weighs 5 lbs less.

He'll be fine.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Patriots will spend a high pick on a receiver. They've got a lot invested in the position in Amendola, Edelman, LaFell, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkisn, Slater, etc. The pick is less likely given that Matthews isn't really a first-round value. Given who's left on the board, I think they may go with either of the Notre Dame defensive linemen or a tight end.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:08 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I just don't see Mosley as a "stud prospect", so I guess that's the disconnect. If I ranked him near Kuechly I'd have a different opinion of the pick. His health worreis me too much as well. In a draft with 10-12 elite prospects, I feel like we aren't getting one of them at 10 and that's a problem for me.
I think Kuechly is an elite player, but he was hardly a slam dunk elite prospect

Im luke warm on Mosely, I think he could be a lot like Kuechly in dissecting plays and being great in traffic...but I also think he could be Keith Rivers
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Small like Geno Atkins, yes. Same height, longer arms, bigger hands, more bench reps. But he weighs 5 lbs less.

He'll be fine.
What round did Geno Atkins go in...
Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What round did Geno Atkins go in...
And who would you take today? Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, Brian Price, Torell Troup, or Geno Atkins?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

That's not the point. The point is that teams are overly conservative about size requirements. I don't agree with it most of the time, but half the teams in the league will either take him off their board completely or downgrade him heavily. It only takes one team though.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Teams also see the comparisons and may learn from that. Remains to be seen but i HIGHLY doubt donald goes where Atkins went, and he can thank atkins for going where he did for that
Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'd be stoked if that ended up being the Buccaneers first two picks.
+1

Think the Buc's take a QB at some point but I don't think it's round 1. I would be stoked also if we got Bridgewater though.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Teams also see the comparisons and may learn from that. Remains to be seen but i HIGHLY doubt donald goes where Atkins went, and he can thank atkins for going where he did for that
I didn't say that either... He'll go in the first or early 2nd no doubt - which is where I put him.

Teams don't learn actually. Guys like T.Y. Hilton still fall two rounds too late. All it takes is one team, but size has a huge impact on most teams - especially at a position like DL.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Donald never gets by the cowboys at 16 and he's likely gone before then.
Unless something strange should happen like Barr is there too, which is even more unlikely.

Last edited by Jas : 03-27-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
There is absolutely zero chance we go Moseley at 10 IMO. I fully admit they dont' have a long term MLB, but they have Tulloch for now and Levy could slide inside if Tulloch went down or struggled. He's not enough value, he's not safe enough(injuries), he doesn't offer enough reward for the risk and we have too many needs ahead of MLB. If there was a large gap between Moseley and the next couple guys on their board, it would be one thing. I can't imagine that's the case though. Gotta take Gilbert in that scenario, or Barr. You clearly aren't as high on Barr as me though, so I get that one.

I can live with Baptiste, I want to add some size and physicality at CB. Not sure on his value at 45, but its always hard to tell how exactly teams will value and separate the CBs. Particularly the 2nd-4th rounders. I know Austin has said he likes big CBs.

If one team added both Mack and Martin that would be pretty sick. Not sure if Oakland would pull the trigger after targeting edge rushers in FA, but the value is fantastic.
I agree, there is zero chance the Lions would take Mosely, it would be Gilbert all the way in this scenario.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Brown's fan, I'd puke if that was our 1st round, we have zero interest in Carr and after trying twice to draft QB's late in round 1 (Quinn and Weedon), the franchise wouldn't be able to sell half the season tickets they sold last year if they don't draft a QB top 5 and I think they have their sights set on Manziel. To get him they will be the ones to trade up to #2 with the Rams to jump Jacksonville and they have the extra picks to make the trade.

Unless you are predicting that Carr is suddenly a top 5 ranked QB, there is no way we pick him.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't say that either... He'll go in the first or early 2nd no doubt - which is where I put him.

Teams don't learn actually. Guys like T.Y. Hilton still fall two rounds too late. All it takes is one team, but size has a huge impact on most teams - especially at a position like DL.
Hilton played at a small school and had injury problems in college. Not comparable at all