Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah don't feel pressured to buy right at that second. You can always walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm looking to buy a car sometime this year. I've never done it and I'm afraid my negotiating skills won't be very good. I've seen that truecar.com basically gives you a guaranteed offer price. Is that a good way to go or should I man up a do in person negotiating.
I heard emailing is an interesting way (I know that was mentioned above) because you can pretty just print out the emails and negotiate with multiple dealers at once without going anywhere; then just roll up to the dealer with the best offer.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Suburu built to last. And vw
This....

...I love my legacy. I really wanted an Impreza Hatchback...but they sold it out from under me. I'm almost happy they did. They are just getting broken in at 100K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got in a Fit again. Saw a bunch of tall people saying they didn't have any problems. I actually liked it this time. Not sure if there was just a difference between the Base seat/cabin and the Sport I got in today (maybe the Base had a center console and this one didn't). Walked out with a Fit Sport for $16.5k. Not bad.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I got in a Fit again. Saw a bunch of tall people saying they didn't have any problems. I actually liked it this time. Not sure if there was just a difference between the Base seat/cabin and the Sport I got in today (maybe the Base had a center console and this one didn't). Walked out with a Fit Sport for $16.5k. Not bad.
Yeah you could have gotten a Subaru Imprez wrx near that. Maybe 20-18. I just feel like its more car than a Honda.

Good job having a new set of wheels. No more rusty car for you
Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* cars. Go trucks! I miss my Toyota truck from home :( Good times.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More car, buy slightly too much. I feel a lot less buyer's remorse than i expected (i hate spending money), and got pretty much exactly what i need.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:07 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Negotiating a good price on the car is pretty easy. Where they try to get you at is screwing you on your trade in. That is where they get the couple of grand back that they then give you while you are negotiating. It turns into a big hassle when you negotiate on that and want something close to Blue Book value rather than what CarMax gives you. Most dealers tell you to go there first so they know the absolute bottom price and then they up it by a tiny margin.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm torn on what SUV to get. I'm looking at the X5, but BMW kind of screwed up the design of it. I'm not an Audi fan so I'm not really interested in the Q7.

The Mercedes GLA is soft as hell. How are you gonna charge that much for a 200 hp crossover? Ridiculous.

The Grand Cherokee is sex. That's a leading candidate.

The Cadillac SRX is another one.

But at the end of the day I keep falling in love with coupes. But I know those days are over.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't go with the Grand Cherokee. I only hear bad things about Jeeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm torn on what SUV to get. I'm looking at the X5, but BMW kind of screwed up the design of it. I'm not an Audi fan so I'm not really interested in the Q7.

The Mercedes GLA is soft as hell. How are you gonna charge that much for a 200 hp crossover? Ridiculous.

The Grand Cherokee is sex. That's a leading candidate.

The Cadillac SRX is another one.

But at the end of the day I keep falling in love with coupes. But I know those days are over.
If you're looking in that class and price range, why aren't you looking at Land Rover?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I wouldn't go with the Grand Cherokee. I only hear bad things about Jeeps.
Na I love Jeeps. My parents had a Jeep Cherokee for 20 years and it was the toughest truck I've ever driven. Built like a rock. Now they have a Grand Cherokee and I absolutely love it. Only reason why I wouldn't buy one is bc they already have one and I'd want something different.

From my experiences, Jeeps are tough trucks/SUVs that can go through hell and keep ticking. I love them.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If you're looking in that class and price range, why aren't you looking at Land Rover?
I feel they're overpriced. I'm considering the Evoque but it's so tiny.

All of them are overpriced if we're gonna be honest but Land Rover hikes up the price quite a bit for what you're getting.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every SUV you look at, make sure you find out if its a true SUV, in the sense its not a reused frame.

Like Infinity SUV have used Nissan Z frame, just built sheet metal around it and raise it higher. Well your center of gravity and safety isn't that of a SUV, but more of a bulky sports car now.

Dodge Durango SRT, Volvo, Acura? Honestly I hate most luxury company SUVs. Luxury car companies(BMW, Merc, Audi, (germans)) coupe, sedan and sports cars, amazing can't really go wrong...well you can but thats if you don't know cars.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Every SUV you look at, make sure you find out if its a true SUV, in the sense its not a reused frame.

Like Infinity SUV have used Nissan Z frame, just built sheet metal around it and raise it higher. Well your center of gravity and safety isn't that of a SUV, but more of a bulky sports car now.

Dodge Durango SRT, Volvo, Acura? Honestly I hate most luxury company SUVs. Luxury car companies(BMW, Merc, Audi, (germans)) coupe, sedan and sports cars, amazing can't really go wrong...well you can but thats if you don't know cars.
That's an excellent point as well. That's why I'm not a huge fan of crossovers.

It's another reason why I love Jeep so much. They make SUVs. That's all they make. The quality is just great. They are incredibly comfortable but also can get you through any type of storm or haul a billion pounds of whatever at a moment's notice. It can do it all.

That's what I love about them.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had the complete opposite experience with Jeeps. 3 of my friends who own them all have had issues. My mom had one when I was young and a door fell off after a couple years. It just fell off.

For SUVs I'm always partial to Tahoes/Suburbans. My parent are on their second one and both got 325k before any major work. They are actually putting a new engine in our 2007 Tahoe this week after 325k. They are comfortable but the seating in the far rear for adults Is lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 04-03-2014 at 02:38 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Are you talking Jeep Wrangler? Bc Wranglers are awful. The Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are great.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get the Expedition. :)
Old 04-14-2014, 06:14 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about the Jeep Wrangle unlimited class? those sexy 4 door jeeps look great. just again way over priced. Look into the Toyota Sequoia .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any recommendations to a total car newbie? I only care about the fact that it is a car, and small is probably better since I'm in SF. My preference would be to drop a few grand upfront and have manageable monthly payments (below 250? i donno). Recommendations?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
any recommendations to a total car newbie? I only care about the fact that it is a car, and small is probably better since I'm in SF. My preference would be to drop a few grand upfront and have manageable monthly payments (below 250? i donno). Recommendations?
Isn't it a requirement in SF to go electric. Short of buying one of those little mini coopers or fiats I'd probably wait on the 35k Tesla.

Having said that I would be lost without my Vette, knowing all well those aren 't for everyone.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh Babs, SF stereotype followed by a thumbs up for a vette. Serious applicants only this is REALLY SERIOUS GUYZ

Nissan seems reasonable, they have a 2 grand down but 170 a month on a new altima. not sure though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought the 2012 Elantra Limited and its been a great car so far. Decent mileage and relatively small.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prefer American myself but the Kia line has come a long way and I believe offers a 10 year warranty.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
ugh Babs, SF stereotype followed by a thumbs up for a vette. Serious applicants only this is REALLY SERIOUS GUYZ

Nissan seems reasonable, they have a 2 grand down but 170 a month on a new altima. not sure though.
As mentioned after I purchased my Fit, you can probably nab a Suburu Impreza hatchback for about that.