Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not happy to see we're looking at Nate Burleson. He was the biggest reason I was never a fan of Linehan in Detroit. For some reason, he always thought Burleson was some sort of Harvin-esque playmaker always using him in the screen game and w/ reverses. He's pretty terrible but Linehan loves to get the ball in his hands early and often.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Not happy to see we're looking at Nate Burleson. He was the biggest reason I was never a fan of Linehan in Detroit. For some reason, he always thought Burleson was some sort of Harvin-esque playmaker always using him in the screen game and w/ reverses. He's pretty terrible but Linehan loves to get the ball in his hands early and often.
source?????

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:24 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN Dallas. I hope we don't pursue him. I like our pass catchers as they stand now. I think we finally have a nice, diverse group. I want the ball in Beasley's hands more this year.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:32 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean
ESPN Dallas. I hope we don't pursue him. I like our pass catchers as they stand now. I think we finally have a nice, diverse group. I want the ball in Beasley's hands more this year.
I get the feeling we are going to Miami him up. Not give him enough action(or cash) and he will go somewhere like New England or Denver and proceed to pull down over 100 passes a year for a good 5-10 years.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I agree 100%. Everybody on the Lunch Break and Talkin Cowboys keeps saying our 3rd WR needs to be a 6'2 215 beast that can take over if Dez gets injured but I disagree. We've always lacked a true slot WR until Beasley (edit forgot about Crayton who was solid). What's not to like about the kid? I think we need to use him and Harris more b/c they move the chains and never make drive killing mistakes.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I agree 100%. Everybody on the Lunch Break and Talkin Cowboys keeps saying our 3rd WR needs to be a 6'2 215 beast that can take over if Dez gets injured but I disagree. We've always lacked a true slot WR until Beasley (edit forgot about Crayton who was solid). What's not to like about the kid? I think we need to use him and Harris more b/c they move the chains and never make drive killing mistakes.
Yeah, I can sorta understand the draft a Dez type receiver if he goes down idea but I really feel what we need that can be had later in the draft is a speed guy, someone who can really be "the stretch the field deep threat"
who runs in the 4.3 to 4.4 range. L'damian Washington is someone to target.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burelson is fine. I've learned to not really care about the WR position in general. Having Dez is awesome and he's my favorite player on the team, but I think it's one of those luxury positions.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope Dallas is able to recoup some of that money from Jay Ratliff. Officially filed for it.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:46 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Burelson is fine. I've learned to not really care about the WR position in general. Having Dez is awesome and he's my favorite player on the team, but I think it's one of those luxury positions.
Doesn't hurt when your QB literally turns water into wine!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Doesn't hurt when your QB literally turns water into wine!

When has he turned water into wine?

Tony has had elite receivers to throw to since day 1.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

Miles Austin?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I don't think Miles was made by Romo. He had a tremendous skillset that could've worked damn near anywhere. Robinson is a much better example. Crayton, too.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How Bill Parcells guys are left on the team? Ware, Austin and Romo were Bill P. guys. Anyone else I am missing?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Witten and Romo are about it.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the boys loved manziels pro day.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
He'd be a great addition in the Third Round.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
He'd be a great addition in the Third Round.
Nice backup. Gonna be a bust as a "franchise" QB

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
STRAP IN!!!!!

Depending on who's available, I really wouldn't mind it at all. Wouldn't mind using the pick and giving him time to adjust to the NFL. Keep rebuilding the team and in 1 or 2 years he should be able to really take off as the full fledged starter.

We've really started to get sneaky young and I don't know if other teams or fans have noticed it, but we're really better set up for the future than to win now if you really look at the core make up of this team.

Outside of Romo and Witten, we've got youth on our side. Free is 30 and we'll probably find his replacement in this draft.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
STRAP IN!!!!!

Depending on who's available, I really wouldn't mind it at all. Wouldn't mind using the pick and giving him time to adjust to the NFL. Keep rebuilding the team and in 1 or 2 years he should be able to really take off as the full fledged starter.

We've really started to get sneaky young and I don't know if other teams or fans have noticed it, but we're really better set up for the future than to win now if you really look at the core make up of this team.

Outside of Romo and Witten, we've got youth on our side. Free is 30 and we'll probably find his replacement in this draft.
Really think he gets out of the top 10? Doubtful.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All it takes is some really bad rumors to drop Manziel from the top 10. I don't think it will happen, but there's a chance. I'm on the Punch and Pie Warwagon for life, but I wouldn't mind Johnny Football. Speaking of which, who are some luxury picks that you guys wouldn't be mad at if the 'Boys drafted them? Lately I've been thinking that Dez and Sammy Watkins would own together, and if Watkins fell that far I would probably dance because there would be tons of awesomeness there. Then again I dance for pretty much everything in my life. *does a little dance, makes a little love, and gets down tonight*

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher

Laurent Robinson, Kevin Ogletree, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd as well.

He's not Peyton Manning. But he's definitely capable of getting contributions from players who aren't paid the big bucks.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Really think he gets out of the top 10? Doubtful.
I agree, he most likely will never see 16 but if he does, I'd be more interested in using him as bait to get more picks depending on who's available at that point.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
I agree, he most likely will never see 16 but if he does, I'd be more interested in using him as bait to get more picks depending on who's available at that point.
I'm in Vegas this week so I haven't kept up to much. Did his pro day workout cement his top 10 status or hurt it?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I'm in Vegas this week so I haven't kept up to much. Did his pro day workout cement his top 10 status or hurt it?
I didn't really follow it, because I'm not all that interested in him, but from the word out of the media, I'd say they pretty much believe he helped himself.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:50 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Johnny bandwagon. If he's there at 16 it would make way too much sense to take him, therefore we probably won't. We might trade out of the first round for a couple of third round picks.