Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 04-02-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Lol I was mainly just getting that that we think so much a like. I think that is why neither of us can read one another. The reason I brought up the apathetic part was because you don't seem to post much and are very reserved. I know you are calculating but there are games where you just disappear and unless you have concrete info you likely hang back and speculate.
Yeah my response sort of became a whole thesis on how I look at games. I imagine I'm not the most enjoyable to play with. And then if I do go hard at someone everyone assumes I have info on them, haha. Maybe I'm just lying to myself, but I don't see myself as so much of a concrete info guy, but I guess more of a concrete read sort of guy. I still trust the thread above all else. Bulldogs said it best on Day 1. It's selfish and I would hate if anyone else did it, but I tend to fall into my old ways.

But on the point of us, you are right. I'm not kidding when I say to investigate you every time.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yeah my response sort of became a whole thesis on how I look at games. I imagine I'm not the most enjoyable to play with. And then if I do go hard at someone everyone assumes I have info on them, haha. Maybe I'm just lying to myself, but I don't see myself as so much of a concrete info guy, but I guess more of a concrete read sort of guy. I still trust the thread above all else. Bulldogs said it best on Day 1. It's selfish and I would hate if anyone else did it, but I tend to fall into my old ways.

But on the point of us, you are right. I'm not kidding when I say to investigate you every time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised so many people took my volunteering as serious, I thought I was pretty obviously trolling. It had nothing to do with trying to take Gonzo down.

Regarding the setup, I think the lack of a true serial killer and the large number of confirmable and unkillable townies is what kind of screwed us from the start. We needed a perfect game at that point, and we obviously didn't deliver. Unknowingly defending BD day one hurt as well.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 04-02-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You didn't have to reveal day 2. I'm not saying it was easy, but you were far better off than most serial killers.
The game was super fun no doubt! Just tricky! :)

I made a mistake on Night 1 too. I probably shouldn't have sent Grizz a raven trying to get him to lynch someone off his own "good" list the day before. I knew he could sway the town's opinion so I tried to use him. He did end up voting for Cigaro who was one of the 2 names I gave him to lynch. I promised him a reward if Cigaro or Vidae were lynched. The reward would've been me telling him who Caddy was since I had found that out.

If not Grizz, then I was definitely going to tell someone else who Caddy was... Up until it came out that ONLY the Targaryens were mafia. I thought for sure Joffrey would've been an interesting lynch target for the town, but nope they wouldn't had bought it with this game set up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a fun time writing up my raven messages to try to screw/manipulate/confuse people. You never know how the plot will twist so I tried to give myself options depending on what happened.

Night 1:
Find someone's character - Caddy

Quote:
Message to Grizz: "Greetings my friend. Let it be knownst unto you, that should Cigaro or Vidae be lynched on the morrow, you shall receive a Grand Reward. Should you find this picture of a 3 eyed crow during the day, let that be a sign that I have chosen to reveal my identity to you. Now kill this raven messenger and never divulge any details of this delivery or you shall never hear back from me again. Winter is coming."

Night 2:
Find someone's character - Witten4HOF

Quote:
Message to Rob: Dear hopeful comrade, I pray this message reaches you safely. Should you find yourself reading this parchment script, know this... that I promise to grant you Great Knowledge should you meet a few requirements in a short series of trust tasks.

First, post this picture of the 3 eyed raven saying "I have my eyes on you" to whomever your strongest suspicion of the day is. This will let me know if I can begin to trust you. Feel free to change your suspicions as the day unravels, but I would like to know where your first strong hunch lies.

Second, at some point in the day, post a picture that reflects your allegiance. Be inconspicuous as to not lead others to believe that you are in any way making reference to yourself, but know that I am watching what picture you post and I will pick up on your sign.

If you are someone I can trust, then you will see this picture and know my identity.

I will then proceed to gift thee with important hidden information. Watch carefully, for anytime you see the word "inspired" appearing throughout the day and days ahead. Hidden truths will begin to be revealed to you throughout the game when you see this key word used.
Night 3:
Didn't send a raven.
Mess up someone's results: Rufus
Find someone's character: Trogdor

Night 4:
Find someone's character: Cain

Send Raven to Caddy:

Quote:
"Dear Friend,
I send you this message attached to this rare White Raven because I have found thee someone to be found special and trustworthy. Therefore, I grant thee this gift. It will not last beyond this day, so should you find it useful do not hesitate to use it.

Present this pic during the day with the quote "I have my eyes on you." in reference to anyone you find suspicious, and you shall receive immunity from being lynched on this day only. Should you be the day's decided lynch the person to whom you found suspicion in using that pic will be killed in your stead. You cannot use it unless you have at least 3 votes for you. So beware not to use it before then or it will have no effect."

Night 5:
Find someone's character: McGee

Quote:
Send Raven: Cain

Greetings... Danerys Targaryen, oh Mother of Dragons. It is true, that I know who thou art. But as another mother, I humbly approach thee in truce. I wish to provide thee with information that can help thy cause should thou survive this day. In turn, for my assistance, I ask for an alliance.

I will provide thee with valueable information and in turn I ask that thou wilt smite down the lazy *****-mongering King, Robert Baratheon and any heirs to his throne.

My husband Ned Stark has long run the affairs of the kingdom while Robert has rotted in his spoils of success. If Robert and other Baratheon heirs die, I know that the people will unite behind Ned who will be a just King. He doesn't want to take the crown, but it is in the best interest for my children to have succession to the thone.

This path may be long and dangerous. In the end, if we should be one of the last remaining I agree to duel to the death for the throne as I know that thou desired it for thyself.

I have not yet received information leading to who King Robert is, but let me reveal this to you.

Caddy is Joffrey Baratheon and he must eliminated.

You will not hear back from me before you have a chance to perform another night kill so my target for you tomorrow night is DG or Snicho. I will investigate McGee tonight. If you should ever see this picture followed by a vote, you shall know that the vote is on King Robert. I hope you agree to our alliance.

-- Catelyn Stark
Old 04-02-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah, those are pretty good D.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember thinking .... welllll ****. Do I even allow this PM to the one you sent Caddy. It is funny because you basically gave Joffery the same ability as he would have gotten as king.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hah, those are pretty good D.
Thanks dude. First I was going to set up Rob to appear as the person who sent Grizz that message. Telling him to display the picture of the crow would've done it. ...but Rob didn't listen. :( That was at least my attempt at a frame on Rob. I didn't expect him to reveal his whole character! Nice play Rob... nice play.

The one to Caddy was a full on lie, but he bought it hook, line and sinker. Nothing would've happened of course, but I could either use it to clear myself later or frame him as the person who sent Grizz the first message since Rob didn't do it. I told him not to use it until he had 3 votes because I wanted him to look like he was panicking to save himself and if Grizz saw the crow he wouldn't looked even worse. Too bad Grizz died and Trogdor turned out to be such an easy lynch.

The last one to Cain, I pretended to be Catelyn Stark since I knew she wasn't revealed yet and I knew that was Witten. If he lasted till the end in the alliance then instead of Cain killing me, he would've killed Witten.

PLANS FOILED!!!!

Superfun game, I must say! Enjoyed everyone's play. Nobody was super irrritating or anything like that.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I remember thinking .... welllll ****. Do I even allow this PM to the one you sent Caddy. It is funny because you basically gave Joffery the same ability as he would have gotten as king.
That's pretty odd that he would've gotten that same power. Maybe something close, but I can't believe he would've gotten to choose someone to die in his place if he was the chosen lynch.

Thanks again broth! ++++REP!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You were seriously my favorite person in the thread all game.

As for the unevenness of the game (this isn't at McGee, just in general), with the way everything played out the mafia was kind of screwed, but if I had lynched a Lannister instead of BD/JR, or I died, then it could have worked out really well for them. There were only 2 investigators and one got killed because he revealed way too early on what turned out to be a worthless discovery, and one our vigilantes got killed trying to take out a mafia and the other was ******* every night. I don't think the build of the roles was uneven, but with the way everything played out the mafia was kinda boned.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz was almost definitely going to kill a Lannister if he lived through that day.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which is why I didn't ******* save him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thanks dude. First I was going to set up Rob to appear as the person who sent Grizz that message. Telling him to display the picture of the crow would've done it. ...but Rob didn't listen. :( That was at least my attempt at a frame on Rob. I didn't expect him to reveal his whole character! Nice play Rob... nice play.

The one to Caddy was a full on lie, but he bought it hook, line and sinker. Nothing would've happened of course, but I could either use it to clear myself later or frame him as the person who sent Grizz the first message since Rob didn't do it. I told him not to use it until he had 3 votes because I wanted him to look like he was panicking to save himself and if Grizz saw the crow he wouldn't looked even worse. Too bad Grizz died and Trogdor turned out to be such an easy lynch.

The last one to Cain, I pretended to be Catelyn Stark since I knew she wasn't revealed yet and I knew that was Witten. If he lasted till the end in the alliance then instead of Cain killing me, he would've killed Witten.

PLANS FOILED!!!!

Superfun game, I must say! Enjoyed everyone's play. Nobody was super irrritating or anything like that.
Anyone would have bought it. It came from the mod himself and looked legit!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did you see how fast CJ was killed when he revealed?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broth did you ever answer whether roles were random or not?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Broth did you ever answer whether roles were random or not?
Only Grizz was not random because he PMed me and asked for the character without knowing the role. Since grizz is a cool guy I did him a solid. So yes you were randomed the permanent commuter.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Grizz, I am disappoint
Old 04-04-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grizz, I am disappoint
Hodor Hodor Hodor

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Only Grizz was not random because he PMed me and asked for the character without knowing the role. Since grizz is a cool guy I did him a solid. So yes you were randomed the permanent commuter.
**** ya! Best random role ever.