Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-11-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats BDD, that commute must have sucked.

If you can get free education after you graduate w/ a bachelors what would be better. Another bachelors or a post grad certificate? The post grad certificate is usually 15 credits in a specialized field, and usually if you do well in them you can roll into the grad program.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my first attempt at using a headhunter was a complete failure. I contacted a company and they gave my information to one of their guys. He emailed me and asked me to get him my resume. I did and after a week, I hadn't heard from him. So I called his office twice. He wasn't there either time. On his email signature block he lists his cell. And on his office voicemail, he says to call his cell if he doesn't answer. Well I did that assuming if you are giving your cell out like that, you're cool with people using it. He had no idea who I was (obviously hadn't looked at my resume) and seemed irritated that I called his cell.

But he went back to his office, emailed me, and said to call him at 11 on the next Monday. I did and again he doesn't answer. I call him two Wednesdays ago, he says he had a meeting and couldn't talk. He said I could call at two the next day and I tell him I can't do it at that time but between 10-12 I can. He says to call him at noon (again, he sounds irritated) and if he isn't there, leave a message. I did and nearly two weeks later he hasn't called back. Looks like I need to find a new headhunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So my first attempt at using a headhunter was a complete failure. I contacted a company and they gave my information to one of their guys. He emailed me and asked me to get him my resume. I did and after a week, I hadn't heard from him. So I called his office twice. He wasn't there either time. On his email signature block he lists his cell. And on his office voicemail, he says to call his cell if he doesn't answer. Well I did that assuming if you are giving your cell out like that, you're cool with people using it. He had no idea who I was (obviously hadn't looked at my resume) and seemed irritated that I called his cell.

But he went back to his office, emailed me, and said to call him at 11 on the next Monday. I did and again he doesn't answer. I call him two Wednesdays ago, he says he had a meeting and couldn't talk. He said I could call at two the next day and I tell him I can't do it at that time but between 10-12 I can. He says to call him at noon (again, he sounds irritated) and if he isn't there, leave a message. I did and nearly two weeks later he hasn't called back. Looks like I need to find a new headhunter.

Yeah I would have freaked out by now. Guy needs to do his ******* job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Congrats BDD, that commute must have sucked.

If you can get free education after you graduate w/ a bachelors what would be better. Another bachelors or a post grad certificate? The post grad certificate is usually 15 credits in a specialized field, and usually if you do well in them you can roll into the grad program.
Depends on the specifics. Most likely, I'd say a specialized cert is probably better b/c it will be more on target. A second bachelors would likely broaden your appeal but in a market flooded with job seekers that's less likely to be helpful.

Quote:

That bites. Yes, a new headhunter is in order. One who, at the very least, understands that his cell/email/etc. will be pretty active in times like these and the people calling need a positive person.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
i would've found a new one after he failed to respond to my second voicemail. they're a dime a dozen and it's just not worth the annoyance of dealing with one who doesn't want to help you.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
rocked an interview last week to be marketing comms manager for a little pre-IPO startup that is getting a ton of buzz; media, articles, and the team i interviewed with all said they'd be going public within 18 months. they've been chatting with my references today and I already went through a background check and a bizarrely complicated writing test. Lot of walls preventing me from getting my hands on that sweet sweet stock but currently pretty optimistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ask for stock options.
hi gang,

FINALLY received an offer last night after a huge interview/testing battery up here in the bay area. I expect I'll be taking it; stock is indeed involved, and yet I still get a pay bump from my current position which is not exactly slouching in that regard.

that aside, I've posted a bit about how miserable my current job is and I'm incredibly relieved and grateful to not only have an out but a fun future to plan on and a couple weeks off in between jobs -- i've only been at this position 6 months and it's been a screeching hellhole from day 1 so they can basically take their 2 weeks and shove it, I will not be using them as a reference going forward and this new position is in an entirely separate side of the industry.

may have to buy a car though...losing my daily walking commute in exchange for an SF>San Mateo situation. Any suggestions?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Audi A5, will also be my suggestion :)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

may have to buy a car though...losing my daily walking commute in exchange for an SF>San Mateo situation. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I wanted an Audi so bad, so that would be my first choice....but I ended up buying a Subaru Legacy and I absolutely love it. They really are great cars.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i would've found a new one after he failed to respond to my second voicemail. they're a dime a dozen and it's just not worth the annoyance of dealing with one who doesn't want to help you.
Yes, headhunters are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, I'd like to stay in the public sector. Those kind are a bit more rare.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-17-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
ew, really?

CC - i'd move long before i ever dealt with the commute up the 101. or i'd take bart. **** literally every single thing about that drive.

i'm not sure 280 is that much better, but i haven't driven it in so long. i'm not sure it's convenient to san mateo anyways.

Quote:
Yes, headhunters are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, I'd like to stay in the public sector. Those kind are a bit more rare.
ah, i see... i'd still have to think there are others in your area, but i honestly don't have experience with public sector ones, so i could be way wrong.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:

ah, i see... i'd still have to think there are others in your area, but i honestly don't have experience with public sector ones, so i could be way wrong.
The guy I was working with was in Tampa. I think there are a few here in town. Don't know if they do public sector stuff though. Need to check them out.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't you have an internal job search?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Don't you have an internal job search?
Yeah, but only for Federal jobs. Plus, it's still pretty difficult to moves jobs because the job announcements are so specialized.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ew, really?

Yes, really. I love mine.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hi gang,

FINALLY received an offer last night after a huge interview/testing battery up here in the bay area. I expect I'll be taking it; stock is indeed involved, and yet I still get a pay bump from my current position which is not exactly slouching in that regard.

that aside, I've posted a bit about how miserable my current job is and I'm incredibly relieved and grateful to not only have an out but a fun future to plan on and a couple weeks off in between jobs -- i've only been at this position 6 months and it's been a screeching hellhole from day 1 so they can basically take their 2 weeks and shove it, I will not be using them as a reference going forward and this new position is in an entirely separate side of the industry.

Congrats.

I'm guessing you're not a car nut, as that call for suggestions is wide open. What are you looking for? Commuter machine? Something with a soul? Creature comforts over all? Status? Lots of ways to go with a generic "any suggestions" here.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

NJX only liked Audi when nobody knew who they were.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid cars. Can't escape them.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

njx probably drives some Chinese car that none of us are cool enough to have heard of.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know what's cool? How every job has an internal candidate and they just get my hopes up for no reason and make me wanna cry all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you know what's cool? How every job has an internal candidate and they just get my hopes up for no reason and make me wanna cry all the time
That's why you need to intern and become the internal candidate!

Last edited by Rob S : 04-18-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why you need to intern and become the internal candidate!
well, it'd be nice if the school I student taught at had an opening that wasn't bilingual, but still.

I honestly think I'm going to have to try and find a long term sub job at this point and hope that opens some doors.

I mean, the one job I thought I had an in at, they already have TWO candidates who've been long term subs there like come onnnnn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one military or trying to join? I'm in process of enlisting.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Uggggg, I don't know why people have to make things so difficult...

I do a lot of database management work. I'm updating things for this guy. He sends me what is obviously a screenshot of an Excel worksheet. So rather than open the Excel sheet, do one little formula to get in the right format, I have to manually write this long ass SQL statement. Why would you do that? What goes through a person's mind to make them think that a screenshot of an Excel sheet is more convenient than the actual sheet itself?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any one military or trying to join? I'm in process of enlisting.
Which branch? I can tell you pretty much all you need to know about the Navy enlisting and in boot camp.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
njx probably drives some Chinese car that none of us are cool enough to have heard of.
Everyone has heard of Volvo.