Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
u guys will be wrong about tmnt. it will rock.
No, it really won't. It looks beyond awful.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
u guys will be wrong about tmnt. it will rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Movies I'm looking forward to the rest of the year are:

Amazing Spider-Man 2
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Dumb and Dumber To
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
The Hobbit: There and Back Again
Night at the Museum 3
Well, I do want to see the next Hunger Games movie and anyone who says they don't want to see one of PSH's last movies can suck it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably should have decided to star in a better movie if he wanted us ro check out one of his last films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shut up Justin, you like the Transformers movies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol what? Im pretty sure there are pages of me arguing with people about how awful those movies are when they first came out. Nice try tho.

Also just watching promethus for the first time. Clear lindelof got his hands on this script lol.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah that is literally the list of movies I am certainly not seeing this summer. Maybe with the exception of the dumb and dumber sequel but I doubt that ends up being as good.

Also Job, we really do.
Knowing my opinion on television shows, did you really expect my anticipated movies list to be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously thought TMNT will be awesome and Micheal Bay will make it just like the old days of the movie.

Transformers looks good as well can't wait. Also X men and Spider man 2 are my top movies for the summer. Next year its Fast 7 and Avengers 2.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously thought TMNT will be awesome and Micheal Bay will make it just like the old days of the movie.

Transformers looks good as well can't wait. Also X men and Spider man 2 are my top movies for the summer. Next year its Fast 7 and Avengers 2.
Agreed, I loveed the TMNT Trailer, X-men also looked on point. Avengers should be awesome, there really hasn't been a flop in the franchise yet.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Knowing my opinion on television shows, did you really expect my anticipated movies list to be good?
Just different than mine jrdy ;)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-12-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Yeah, no doubt they will keep making movies. Doctor Strange and Black Panther are gonna be announced soonish I would wager. Not to mention Guardians 2 (and maybe 3 eventually) will be made in the future, and maybe sequels to all those. Black Widow and Hawkeye might get a movie spinoff, same with Nick Fury. Plus Captain Marvel, Nova, etc. could all get some movies in the future.

My point is though that Iron Man and Captain America and Thor will end soon, probably after Avengers 3 and Cap 3 and Thor 3, unless they make Iron Man 4 maybe. They're eventually gonna have to reboot or recast those characters, or do like you said and use a different Cap other than Steve Rogers. Those 3 are the big Marvel cash cows too (discluding ones who are owned by Fox and Sony).

Hopefully in the distant future we'll see Spidey and X-Men and Fantastic Four back in the hands of Marvel and Disney for movie rights.
I could certainly see them tie in Steve Rogers death and having Bucky take over as the new Capt America if they do reboot. I think he is too important of a character within the franchise to disolve completely.

As they genrerally phase out Iron man and Thor they can start to involve Ant Man, Hawkeye, and Vision as the new Avengers and keep the ball rolling.

Speaking of Vision I think he is going to make an appearing in the Avengers two, possibly.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Paul Bettany is gonna play Vision. ultron made Vision so it makes sense. Sounds like they're gonna have Ultron come from Stark Industries and then Vision will come from Jarvis since Bettany voices Jarvis.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, Paul Bettany is gonna play Vision. ultron made Vision so it makes sense. Sounds like they're gonna have Ultron come from Stark Industries and then Vision will come from Jarvis since Bettany voices Jarvis.
Nice, Are they going with the premise that Dr. Pym is working with Stark industires? If that is that case I'm sure that will open the door directly for them to set the table for Ant Man, which I think is slated to come out right after.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk that would be cool. I heard they were gonna change his origin story for the movie so Ant Man doesn't make him I don't think, just Stark industries. I don't think Ant Man is in Avengers 2 at all. I know Michael Douglas is Pym in the Ant Man movie that comes out a couple months after, maybe they mention him in Avengers 2 but I don't believe he appears.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:51 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got home from from Winter Soldier.... ******* excellent. I read/heard that it was good, but man I was impressed. It might be my favorite Marvel movie so far.

Just a couple of things that I will throw in spoilers (nothing major, just a couple of things that amused me)

The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Just got home from from Winter Soldier.... ******* excellent. I read/heard that it was good, but man I was impressed. It might be my favorite Marvel movie so far.

Just a couple of things that I will throw in spoilers (nothing major, just a couple of things that amused me)

It's so freaking awesome I wanna go see it again before it done in theaters maybe here in a few weeks I'll go watch it again. If i had the time I would watch all the marvel movies leading up this one but dang that is too much time consuming for my work shift.

I still gotta go and see spider man 2 here next month. I'm really thinnking about going some where and watching it in IMAX 3D to see. Would be awesome. I haven't seen a real big time movie in a true IMAX setting yet.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Idk that would be cool. I heard they were gonna change his origin story for the movie so Ant Man doesn't make him I don't think, just Stark industries. I don't think Ant Man is in Avengers 2 at all. I know Michael Douglas is Pym in the Ant Man movie that comes out a couple months after, maybe they mention him in Avengers 2 but I don't believe he appears.
Ya I think that I read something that Douglas is Pym and Paul Rudd steals the suit and becomes ant man. I was thinking something like Pym is mearly a scientist working with Stark industries and then in the teaser in the credits have a cameo of Rudd eyeing the suit or something to that fact.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 04-13-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

So today I'm starting with Iron Man 1 and trying to work my way to The Avengers movie story even throwing in the 2003 Hulk right now.

It will be interesting to see the story unfold again.

The 2003 hulk was such a good movie compared to the crap fest 2008 was.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enemy is a delightfully weird movie. I really enjoyed it.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 2003 hulk was such a good movie compared to the crap fest 2008 was.
You must be living in Bizarro World.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bought The Town for five bucks at Best Buy. Gonna re-watch it today. The Departed, as well.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
You must be living in Bizarro World.
It is an underrated movie. Also, Raid 2 rules.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did you guys think of The Grand Hotel Budapest? I laughed my ass off.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's the Grand Budapest Hotel you drunken bastard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-13-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally watched 12 Years a Slave. It was good, the ending got me good. Not better than Wolf of Wall Street though.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote