Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-13-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's my team people? Needed a player from each team.

East:

Giroux, Nyquist, Franzen, Hartnell, Killorn, Briere, Lecavalier, Dom Moore, Umberger, Chara, Letang, & Kronwall

West:

Toews, Carter, Duchene, Richards, Toffoli, Bickell, Nichushkin, Maroon, Berglund, Keith, Boyle & Brodin
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of all possible Habs, you take Briere?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wanted to take Habs, because I like their chances to make the Conference Finals, but Pacioretty, Subban and Vanek were all gone early, so I moved on to others teams. When I finally came back to them, it was Briere, Prust, Gorges, Moen, Parros, and Weaver.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Why do you have to do this?
YOU TRASH HANNIBAL, I WILL TRASH THE HABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Why do you have to be so mean?
Well okay it was uncalled for, I apologize.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had time to waste, so I went back in time :

If there were no stupid shootouts, and if teams didn't receive a free point they haven't earned for losing in overtime, the standings would have ended like that :

Eastern Confrence
Boston - 111
Tampa Bay - 90
Montreal - 89

Pittsburgh - 98
Rangers - 89
Philadelphia - 89

Columbus - 83
New Jersey - 83 +2

Detroit - 82 -1
Washington - 77 -1
Carolina - 74 +2
Ottawa - 74 -1
Toronto - 71 -1
Islanders - 65
Florida - 56
Buffalo - 40

Western Conference
Colorado - 103
St. Louis - 98
Chicago - 94

Anaheim - 111
San Jose - 99
Los Angeles - 90

Minnesota - 86
Nashville - 83 +2

Dallas - 81 -1
Phoenix - 75 -1
Vancouver - 74 +1
Winnipeg - 72 -1
Calgary - 66
Edmonton - 57

Fun Facts
- Anaheim would have won the presidents trophy over the Bruins thanks to their better head-to-head record.
- Only both 8th seeds would be changed in the playoff picture. The rest would be pretty much the same (except for the Rangers having home-ice advantage over habs if they were to meet).
- Buffalo's 40 points is a level of terrible that hadn't been seen since the expansion Thrashers in 2000.
- Capitals would have finished with a weird record of 28-33-21.
- Hurricanes would have 10th pick instead of 7th.
- It seems like way fewer teams would have been in playoff contention for the last couple of games.

Last edited by Job Reborn : 04-14-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also worth noting is that the top 16 point totals each made the playoffs. The West's supremacy may have been a bit overblown in the early season. No team would have either made/not made the playoffs otherwise if in the opposite conference.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Trotz fired from the Preds. :(
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I present to you Patrice Bordeleau in Bordangles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus is another guy whose expectations already feel too high, but look at the man dance!

SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NHL did a disservice to the Rangers/Flyers in the schedules. If this goes 7, we play two nights in a row and 3/4 nights. No other team has that.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, picks gents?

Avs over Wild (5)
Blackhawks over Blues (6)
Ducks over Stars (7)
Kings over Sharks (6)

Avs over Blackhawks (7)
Kings over Ducks (5)

Kings over Avs in the WCF (6)

Bruins over Wings (5)
Habs over Bolts (6)(I'd pick Lightning if Bishop were playing)
Penguins over Jackets (4)
Rangers over Flyers (7)

Bruins over Habs (6)
Rangers over Penguins (6)

Bruins over Rangers in the ECF (7)
Bruins over Kings in the SCF (7)

The only sweep I picked was Jackets/Penguins. Maybe Bobrovsky steals one game, but meh. Anything is possible with MAF but if he's even average Pittsburgh has more firepower than Columbus can handle. As noted above I'm picking Montreal, but that pick would change to Tampa if Bishop plays.

Blues/Blackhawks was the hardest one for me to pick, but the Blues look too awful heading into the playoffs for me to pick them. I actually think Dallas has a chance to pull the upset because Hiller sucks, but ultimately I went with Anaheim (in 7 games)...and they can fall back on Andersen if need be. Dallas has next to no offense beyond the Seguin/Benn line and your secondary scoring is even more important in the playoffs. Ducks have it, Stars don't.

Disclosure - I'm a Sharks fan, but I can't pick against LA. They make life miserable for teams.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take a stab at this ...

Colorado over Minnesota in 5
Chicago over St. Louis in 6
Anaheim over Dallas in 6
San Jose over Los Angeles in 7

Boston over Detroit in 7
Montreal over Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh over Columbus in 6
New York over Philadelphia in 6

Chicago over Colorado in 7
San Jose over Anaheim in 6

Boston over Montreal in 5
New York over Pittsburgh in 6

San Jose over Chicago in 6
Boston over New York in 6

Boston over San Jose in 6
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lightning got this. Give in to the Ders and his giant goofiness.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Lightning got this. Give in to the Ders and his giant goofiness.
Is Bishop healthy?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know.

Anaheim should start the John Gibson era as soon as possible.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Is Bishop healthy?
Apparently the biggest Bishop update is coming tomorrow after the Lightning practice. My guess is he's out for game one at least, but how much longer?

I'm more intrigued by the Latvian superhero than Lindback. I haven't suddenly changed my opinion on Lindback based on a few strong games at then end of the season. I look more at his body of work from the two seasons he's spent in Tampa and it's not pretty.

Quote:
I don't know.

Totally agree. Guy already looks ready to rock. I'd start Andersen before Hiller too.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot how much I hated NHLs tv deal until I realized how few of these games will be on tv.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Forgot how much I hated NHLs tv deal until I realized how few of these games will be on tv.
On NBC or in general? Looks like they are putting a lot of games on CNBC in addition to NBCSN. I think most will be televised. A couple on NHLN.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
No NBCSN I'm assuming? Who's your TV provider?

When I wanted NBCSN but didn't want to pony up for one of DirecTVs expansions, I just called them and (tactfully) bitched and moaned about the prices and said I was thinking about cancelling. Suddenly the price drops a little....a little more negotiation and the price came down one more time to a more acceptable level and I added NBCSN and a couple other channels.

I always do this with DTV. It's how I get Sunday Ticket every year to watch the Raiders.

Only thing on NBCSN I care about is Hockey. They apparently have cycling too!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Bruins over Wings in 6
Penguins over Lumbus in 7
Lightning over Montreal in 7
Flyers over Rangers in 6

Ducks over Stars in 5
Avs over Wild in 7
Blackhawks over Blues in 6
Sharks over Kings in 6

Lightning over Bruins in 7 (**** Boston, basically)
Flyers over Penguins in 6

Blackhawks over Avs in 5
Sharks over Ducks in 7

Lightning over Flyers in 6
Sharks over Blackhawks in 6

Sharks over Lightning in 5
Old 04-14-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know.

he's not ready yet. he's had some bad games down the stretch for Norfolk and has been letting in a lot of soft goals. another year in the AHL would do him good. Andersen is great in net anyway.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Let's go homer mode.

Boston over Detroit in 6
Montreal over Tampa in 6
Columbus over Pittsburgh in 7
Rangers over Philadelphia in 5

Colorado over Minnesota in 6
St. Louis over Chicago in 7
Anaheim over Dallas in 5
Los Angeles over San Jose in 5

Montreal over Boston in 6
Rangers over Columbus in 5

St. Louis over Colorado in 5
Anaheim over Los Angeles in 7

Montreal over Rangers in 7
St. Louis over Anaheim in 6

St. Louis over Montreal in 5

Basically, I trust the Blues to get out of their slump.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Let's go homer mode.

Boston over Detroit in 6
Montreal over Tampa in 6
Columbus over Pittsburgh in 7
Rangers over Philadelphia in 5

Colorado over Minnesota in 6
St. Louis over Chicago in 7
Anaheim over Dallas in 5
Los Angeles over San Jose in 5

Montreal over Boston in 6
Rangers over Columbus in 5

St. Louis over Colorado in 5
Anaheim over Los Angeles in 7

Montreal over Rangers in 7
St. Louis over Anaheim in 6

St. Louis over Montreal in 5

Basically, I trust the Blues to get out of their slump.
You must be new to this hockey thing. Blues are losing to the Hawks in 4.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flyers gave Andrew MacDonald 6 years, 30 million HAHAHAHA
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Flyers gave Andrew MacDonald 6 years, 30 million HAHAHAHA
Quincey's jealous, he sucks just as much as MacDonald and nobody's giving him 5per.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote