Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny that you said that because I read an article somewhere stating that if show catches up to the books, they might just do their own version of the ending.

They said that George is ok with it and even gave them several ideas.

We could very well have 2 different versions.

I actually kind of like that idea.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
It's funny that you said that because I read an article somewhere stating that if show catches up to the books, they might just do their own version of the ending.

They said that George is ok with it and even gave them several ideas.

We could very well have 2 different versions.

I actually kind of like that idea.
That just sounds like an excuse for martin not to finish the books!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he publishes WoW next year, he'll have plenty of time to finish DoS. Especially if WoW is as big as SoS.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Winds of Winter NOOOOOWWWWWW!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys reading the released chapters? I'm just waiting till it comes out.

I also might read the first 5 for the 3rd time (in 2 years) in the weeks leading up to release.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Are you guys reading the released chapters? I'm just waiting till it comes out.

I also might read the first 5 for the 3rd time (in 2 years) in the weeks leading up to release.
I read the Arya chapter, and it just made me want to read the entire WoW book now. So I think I'll refrain from reading any other chapters and just wait. I want to go back and reread some, but can't decide if I want to reread from the beginning or just maybe the last 2.

Also, we all know that Martin will randomly decide before or just after releasing Dream of Spring, that he couldn't finish everything he wanted and there will be an 8th book.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was trying to finish the re-read before this season started but I'm only about 70% through A Dance with Dragons.

I haven't read any of the released chapters and wasn't planning to until WoW actually came out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read the released chapters. So far, they're mostly great, especially Theon's one.

I wish GRRM had put the battle of Winterfell and the battle of Mereen in ADWD.

Last edited by Bucs147 : 04-09-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

If Shae really is gone and Tyrion doesn't get to kill her, I'm gonna flip ****.

FWIW, I don't think she is, I think its a ploy to add to the shock factor later. The TV only thread seems very convinced/excited about her being gone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
If Shae really is gone and Tyrion doesn't get to kill her, I'm gonna flip ****.

FWIW, I don't think she is, I think its a ploy to add to the shock factor later. The TV only thread seems very convinced/excited about her being gone.
Yea, I'm hoping we just don't see her again for a while because at this point Tyrion will be jailed and there is no longer any need for scenes between them. Looking back at how Cersei pointed out Shae to Tywin, I'm hoping he had someone find out about her leaving and stopped it, then she becomes his *****.

Great death by Joffrey, btw. I really enjoyed how they played out the entire wedding without skipping to any other stories, just to set the stage.

Also, did anyone else notice Tommen looked like he was a teenager? I know GRMM has said all along he made some characters too young, but Tommen is supposed to be a kid and too young to rule or even bed Margaery when he becomes king...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, I'm hoping we just don't see her again for a while because at this point Tyrion will be jailed and there is no longer any need for scenes between them. Looking back at how Cersei pointed out Shae to Tywin, I'm hoping he had someone find out about her leaving and stopped it, then she becomes his *****.

Great death by Joffrey, btw. I really enjoyed how they played out the entire wedding without skipping to any other stories, just to set the stage.

Also, did anyone else notice Tommen looked like he was a teenager? I know GRMM has said all along he made some characters too young, but Tommen is supposed to be a kid and too young to rule or even bed Margaery when he becomes king...
Yea I have to feel like that scene was made for a reason. Will they get Shae to testify, or just wait till shes banging Tywin? First is obviously closer to the book, 2nd would be a hell of a shock factor.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I guess they had to hire someone who wouldn't be a liability as an actor.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I don't really see why they needed to recast Tommen. All he has to do is act like a 9 year old kid who likes to stamp things and play with his cats.

There was a lot of little things that I was pumped about them including in this episode. Tyrion's gift and Joff slicing it up. The convo between Tywin/Cersei and Oberyn/Ellaria. The convo between Jaime and Loras. The Brienne interchange. GRRM had a lot of fun with that episode.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Another little detail is that Bronn is training Jaime, and not Sir Ilyn. How is that going to continue when Jaime hits the road? Granted, in the books most of the scenes where they train are the Jaime point of view but is also the same time when (I think we all mostly agree) Jaime starts becoming a badass.

I'm just assuming they will cut it all out, but I'm not sure if/how they will change Jaime's narrative in the show to make him seem more awesome.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Lollys isn't exactly around so they might just send Bronn off with Jaime to get rid of him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2014, 12:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I noticed that you guys are arguing the Daughter vs. Uncle inheritance in the other thread.

I think Karhold should settle this argument.

Alys Karstark is the heir when she escapes as her uncle tries to capture and marry her to his son.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I noticed that you guys are arguing the Daughter vs. Uncle inheritance in the other thread.

I think Karhold should settle this argument.

Alys Karstark is the heir when she escapes as her uncle tries to capture and marry her to his son.
Well played, sir. (Although Harrion is still alive)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm impressed that some of the show watchers have picked up on Olenna being the killer (the show does make it somewhat more obvious than the book), but they all seem to be glancing over the fact that Tommen is the new king when trying to figure out the motive.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god, I just read a showwatcher on another forum theorising that Shea is a Targaryen.... and Jon Snow's twin sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD on the showwatcher thread View Post
Cersei is technically the only character on the show (and Pycelle i guess) with a serial history of poisoning people -- Jon Arryn, almost did it to Tommen during the blackwater, etc.
I see what you did there.

To me it's the greatest twist in the book. There wasn't a single hint about that one and totally came out of nowhere. Then Littlefinger pushes Lysa Arryn out the Moon Dorr, saying the "Only Cat". That's when Littlefinger went GOAT character.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

CC, as far as I remember no one in the show has called Oberyn Red Viper. Show-watchers might deem your post a spoiler because of that (although, I don't think it's a big deal).
Old 04-18-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'm impressed that some of the show watchers have picked up on Olenna being the killer (the show does make it somewhat more obvious than the book), but they all seem to be glancing over the fact that Tommen is the new king when trying to figure out the motive.
Plus alot of people are forgetting about when Neds brother Brandon was killed. He was betrothed to Catelyn. After his death Ned wed her. I am assuming that is the way things work in westeros. So naturally you could derive that Margaery Tyrell will marry him. That was enough reason to want to kill Joffrey so she could marry a king that was evil as all hell.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, Ned didn't automatically become engaged to Caitlyn after Brandon's death.

it was after Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully negotiated an alliance that the engagement happened.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

I miss Belwas :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that Coldhands there at the end of next weeks preview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Was that Coldhands there at the end of next weeks preview?
I believe so.

And the Jaime rape scene was unnecessary to say the least.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote