Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2014, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked it. It was like a mixture of Ong Bak and Judge Dredd. Some great great action scenes and fatalities, that one little asian dude was a beast. Going to go see the 2nd in theatres tomorrow and support this mo'fucka.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Grand Budapest and loved every minute of it. Then again, I love just about everything that Wes Anderson does, his whole style is just enjoyable to watch.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
1. Royal Tenenbaums
2. Rushmore
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Life Aquatic
5. Grand Budapest Hotel
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Bottle Rocket
8. Darjeeling Limited
Switch Moonrise Kingdom and Life Aquatic and you have my list

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This movie is going to be ******* awesome.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

X-men are showing up in Spidey 2's after credit scenes. While execs are saying this doesn't mean a team up is happening next, reports are this is a fundamental step between Fox and Sony to come to some sort of arrangement for the two. I would love a full on Marvel universe movie, no idea how the hell anyone in their right mind would pull that **** off, but god damn that would be incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
X-men are showing up in Spidey 2's after credit scenes. While execs are saying this doesn't mean a team up is happening next, reports are this is a fundamental step between Fox and Sony to come to some sort of arrangement for the two. I would love a full on Marvel universe movie, no idea how the hell anyone in their right mind would pull that **** off, but god damn that would be incredible.
I'll believe it when I see it. If it does happen, it will quite possibly be the best thing that has ever happened.

Oh and apparently it is just a teaser for X-Men Days of Future Past. I guess a bridge is still a bridge though. Hopefully it's not just an advertising trend that is going to start happening with multiple movie studios. The "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" deal.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-16-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks good but I'm just so tired of Wolverine at this point, and it looks like it's a Wolverine movie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It looks good but I'm just so tired of Wolverine at this point, and it looks like it's a Wolverine movie.
Well, unfortunately, movie studios have to adhere to the casual fan. A lot of folks don't know who Kitty Pryde is. And they probably don't want to go to the film to see her as the catalyst for the entire plot like in the original storyline. They want to see Wolverine. I already expect Wolverine to be the main character yet again in X-Men: Age of Apocalypse. And another Wolverine movie is slated to begin production soon too.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I see Tyrion in that trailer?
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well, unfortunately, movie studios have to adhere to the casual fan. A lot of folks don't know who Kitty Pryde is. And they probably don't want to go to the film to see her as the catalyst for the entire plot like in the original storyline. They want to see Wolverine. I already expect Wolverine to be the main character yet again in X-Men: Age of Apocalypse. And another Wolverine movie is slated to begin production soon too.
I'm not asking they focus on random characters, but spread it around to people that aren't Wolverine or Storm.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-16-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Did I see Tyrion in that trailer?
He plays Trask, yeah.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm not asking they focus on random characters, but spread it around to people that aren't Wolverine or Storm.
I understand what you are saying. I had wished in the first couple of films some other characters got more screen time. The entire movie franchise is more like Wolverine and the X-Men instead of just X-Men. First Class did just fine without Wolverine.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Well that was fun while it lasted. Of course it was just some bogus marketing ********. Sigh.

Quote:
Reports surfaced this week (via Empire Online) that a clip of Fox’s X-Men: Days of Future Past plays after Sony’s Amazing Spider-Man 2, prompting many fans to speculate about whether the two studios have planned a team-up to unite the X-Men and Spider-Man franchises. The short answer is no: The Days of Future Past stinger at the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2 actually came about as a result of negotiations between the two studios for director Marc Webb to return to the Spider-verse.

According to Variety, the deal came about during negotiations between Sony and Fox in 2012, when discussing Webb’s contract with Fox Searchlight to direct another film following (500) Days of Summer. Reportedly, Fox allowed Webb to return for Amazing Spider-Man 2, but only because Sony agreed to promote Days of Future Past for free. There is no crossover in the works between the two studios’ franchises.

The deal would also partially explain Webb’s return to the Amazing Spider-Man franchise for a third film with no mention of his promised film to Fox Searchlight, though the director has stated it will be his last run with the wall-crawler.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, while X-Men: Days of Future Past arrives May 23.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...-spider-man-2/

Quote:
Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Have faith in Singer. The plot and people who time travel make perfect sense. Kitty still sends them off.

Also, it's a good thing that they focus on Wolverine. I loved Cyclops when I was a kid but Hugh Jackman, Fassbender, McAvoy, Hoult, and Lawrence are a good bet.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need some gambit and his darker background with the thieves and assassins emphasized somewhere.

Hell, a Phoenix trilogy would have been sweet too.

X-Men movies could go in so many different directions.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Wow this is bad for Bryan Singer if true.

Quote:
Famous Hollywood director Bryan Singer has been accused in a new federal lawsuit of sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy.

The suit, filed Wednesday in federal court in Hawaii, accused the 48-year-old “X-Men” filmmaker of first preying on the 15-year-old aspiring actor at a party at a California mansion where underage boys were plied with drugs and alcohol and taken advantage of.

“The stories that I’ve heard of what went on at the estate are truly despicable,” the accuser’s lawyer, Miami attorney Jeff Herman, told the Daily News Wednesday night.

Herman identified the accuser as Michael Egan III. Egan, who is now in his 30s and will appear at a Thursday news conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in L.A., was forcibly sodomized by the director when he was 15 in the late-1990s, according to the suit. Singer had promised Egan a role in one of his movies and had numerous sexual encounters with the boy when he was 15 and 16, Herman told The News. Singer also allegedly brought Egan to Hawaii for multiple extended trips when he was 17.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1759389

Quote:
Old 04-17-2014, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

This isn't exactly the first rumor about Singer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enter the World of The Giver

I loved the book as a kid.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
1. Royal Tenenbaums
2. Rushmore
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox
4. Life Aquatic
5. Grand Budapest Hotel
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Bottle Rocket
8. Darjeeling Limited
1. Royal Tenenbaums
2. Moonrise Kingdom
3. Life Aquatic
4. Bottle Rocket
5. Fantastic Mr. Fox
6. Rushmore
7. Darjeeling Limited

Have yet to see Hotel but really want to.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really surprising but Transcendence is getting a ton of negative reviews. I'll watch the movie at some point but I am not expecting much.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:22 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Rushmore
2. Life Aquatic
3. Royal Tenenbaums
4. Moonrise Kingdom
5. Bottle Rocket
6. Grand Budapest
7. Fantastic Mr. Fox
8. Darjeeling Limited

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life Aquatic is goddamn underrated, that's for sure.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be one of the few extremely excited for it, but although its early, Neighbors is getting fantastic reviews.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I may be one of the few extremely excited for it, but although its early, Neighbors is getting fantastic reviews.
Very excited for it now. The reviews have been fantastic. It looks like it will be THE comedy this year.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Not really surprising but Transcendence is getting a ton of negative reviews. I'll watch the movie at some point but I am not expecting much.
It basically turns into Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote