Broth's rather drunk mock draft
1. Houston Texans - Blake Bortles QB Central Florida - I am on record that I believe that Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater is still the best QB in this daft but I also am aware that he isn’t the best QB for every team on the board. Bortles strong arm and prototypical build makes him the highest rated QB on the Texan’s board. I think the whole telling Clowney he’s the #1 pick thing was entirely a smoke screen looking for a team to make the trade to #1 so the Texans can get a better value at QB with a later pick.
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - Greg Robinson OT Auburn - The Rams still need help along the offensive line and there is a very high likelihood that the Rams can and will trade the pick to a team hungry for Clowney’s talents but if they are stuck with the pick Clowney is a difficult sell considering Robert Quinn and Chirs Long are still on the roster. If Clowney is the pick then the days of Long on the roster are limited but even with the return of Roger Saffold to the Rams I think an OT is surely in the cards and Robinson has easily the highest upside.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jadaveon Clowney DE Clemson - At this point the Jags have to beleive that Clowney is too good to pass up. Yes they need a franchise QB but have also stated numerous times that they would be willing to start Chad Henne this year at the QB position. I see no way Clowney falls past 3 in this year’s draft.
4. Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manzeil QB Texas A&M - I think the Browns were dead set on drafting Johnny football since he declared for the draft some months ago and the browns have been attempting to short sell him ever since. I think the Browns love him and more importantly the owner loves him some Johnny Manziel and sometimes its all it takes for a pick to be made.
5. Oakland Raiders - Sammy Watkins WR Clemson - This is another top 10 pick that I could easily see getting traded specially if you believe the current reports of the Lions looking to trade up in this year’s draft as Reggie McKenzie has had a penchant for trading down for less than market value. If the Raiders are stuck at this pick they will be looking at the WR position since they were able to cover most of their needs with the slew of free agents they were able to bring in this year.
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M - The Falcons are in a position to take the best player be that at OT or DE. So this pick could easily be Khalil Mack the OLB from Buffalo but Jake Mathews becomes the pick as I think Tyson Jackson is a better DE than either Baker or Johnson are offensive tackles.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Ebron TE North Carolina - The Bucs are really the first true wildcard in this draft they could eaisly go for Khalil Mack but they did also just sign Michael Jonson and Mack isn’t exactly a fit for the tampa 2 as an OLB. So they may be looking at pass catchers for the first few rounds of this draft as they could really use an upgrade at TE and WR specially after trading Mike Williams this off season. With the depth at WR so deep this year I think they make a slight reach at TE and take Eric Ebron.
8. Minnesota Vikings - Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville - Finally my top QB comes off the board to the team I’d least like to see him in. The Vigings have nothing at the QB position at the moment but Bridgewater is not only pro ready but pro smart as well a major upgrade at the QB position if you ask me.
9. Buffalo Bills - Hasean Clinton Dix S Alabama - The Bills just lost Jarrius Byrd to free agency so it should be no surprise that safety is the top concern for the bills this season and with a really weak safety class this year the Bills decide to address this need in round 1.
10. Detroit Lions - Kalil Mack OLB Buffalo - The Lions are the consomate best player available team. The Lions care not for need until rounds 2 and 3 traditionally so with that profile the Lions look for a player that can play 3rd down DE and OLB for the first two downs and that is Khalil Mack although if the price is right we could see Detroit and Oakland trade places.
11. Tennessee Titans - Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State - The titans spent a ton of their free agent capital covering a majority of their needs but nothing on the CB position after losing Alterraun Verner this off season there is alway a chance for Anthony Barr at this pick but if the option is there I could see Gilbert being the selection.
12. New York Giants - Anthony Barr OLB UCLA - The Giants have a big need at O-Line and OLB and the Giants are happy in the position they are in with the option of Michigan’s Taylor Lewan and UCLA’s Anthony Barr either could be the selection here but Barr being a slightly better prospect here makes him the Giant’s choice.
13. St. Louis Rams - Mike Evans WR Texas A&M - After spending their first pick on an OT the Rams go all in for improving their offense after dedicating many picks twords the defense in recent years. We could always see a Calvin Pryor or Michigan State’s Dequeeze Denard here as well.
14. Chicago Bears - Calvin Pryor S Louisville - The Bears have signed three safeties this free agency period but none of them are overly imprssive. But, Pittsburgh’s Aaron Donald could easily be the pick here considering Henry Melton is no longer on the roster but they also picked up Jay Ratliff but Donald could be attractive here and be a better fit here than in New York with the Giants .
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -Daqueez Denard CB Michigan State- Ike Taylor is past his prime and currently the the #1 CB for the Steelers not a great mix. Dennard is a good press corner and would be a major upgrade. Look for a DE/NT like Louis Nix to be a good alternative.
16. Dallas Cowboys - Brandin Cooks WR oregon state- The Cowboys are in a tough spot seeing how this draft has panned out for them. They’ve already went out into free agency and grabbed a few DT’s so DE is still a major need but I don’t think that there is any value at the position here for this defense. But they did just lose a WR in Miles Austin and while Terrence Williams will step into that role they do like to run deep with their WRs so I could see Brandin Cooks as a possibility here.
17. Baltimore Ravens - Taylor Lewan OT Michigan - The rich get richer here for the ravens after losing Michael Oher to free agnecy this is the easiest no brainer in the the draft if Lewan happens to fall to the Ravens here.
18. New York Jets - C.J. Mosley ILB Alabama - Quite frankly this is one of those moments when need meets up with best player available with many of the WRs off the board already I think the Jets will wait for another roudn to fix this need.
19. Miami Dolphins - Xavier Su’a-Filo OG UCLA - The Dolphins are in prime position to move back look for the Jags to be looking for the move up if Carr is there. But if that doesn’t happen the team needs a new offensive line after that Richie Icognito nonsense of last season. Without a decent offensive tackle here the Phins make a small reach at the OG position with Su’a-Filo.
20. Arizona Cardinals - Derek Carr QB Fresno State - Carson Palmer is on his last legs as an NFL QB and one of the top four QBs fell right into the Card’s lap and honestly they covered many of their needs in free agency perfect time to grab the QBotF
21. Green Bay Packers - Jimmie Ward S Illinois State while the corner position was solid for the packers the safeties were constantly getting beat up top and the Pack are not going to be in position to grab one of the big names safties in this draft so they grab the diamond in the rough in Ward.
22. Philadelphia Eagles - Bradley Roby CB Ohio State - The Eagles need a #1 CB desperately Carey Williams needs improvement and Bradly Fletcher is injury prone and isn’t without a needed improvement either.
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Zack Martin OT Notre Dame - The Chiefes have a ton of needs after the mass exodus that was this off season but they need to replace Brandon Albert which they did last draft so they need a right tackle to take the place of Eric Fisher
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech - The Bengals are in a position where they are either old or oft injured at the CB position they will really need to address the position either in the first or second rounds.
25. San Diego Chargers - Dee Ford OLB Auburn - The Chargers have a problem at pass rushing OLB as thus far the Freeney signing hasn’t paid off as well as they had hoped.
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts) - Marquise Lee WR USC - The Browns have their new QB now they need another weapon to put around him they have a good WR in Josh Gordon and a good TE and Jordan Cameron but although Greg Little showed flashes last season he could easily be improved upon.
27. New Orleans Saints - Kony Ealy DE/OLB Missouri - Victor Butler and Kyle Gillette are going to be the Saints starting pass rushers next season. Pretty much nuff said. The Rob Ryan Defense thrives on pressure and Ealy is a steal at this point in the draft.
28. Carolina Panthers - Jordan Mathews WR Vanderbuilt - A guy who performed better than Benjermine on tape and combine exercises is vastly under rated by most folks and with the panthers in desperate need of a reliable #1 option at the QB position Mathews is the safer bet.
29. New England Patriots - Austin Seferian-Jenkins te washington
30. San Francisco 49ers - Marcus MArtin C USC
31. Denver Broncos - Kelvin Benjerman WR FSU
32. Seattle Seahawks - Jason Verrett CB TCU
Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji
DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!
Originally Posted by njx9
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.