Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-29-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some oline
move Trent for a 4/5 rounder.
get a CB/OT or OG another WR
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I imagine we will take a RB and a Saftey at some point tomorrow. We might even take a QB like Jordan Palmer. We really need to trade Green tomorrow.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my question is where will Green Go? I mean, Miami has already taken a QB in the second round. Does he still go to the Phins' as a stop-gap solution? I think a few nods will go to Lineman
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
So my question is where will Green Go? I mean, Miami has already taken a QB in the second round. Does he still go to the Phins' as a stop-gap solution? I think a few nods will go to Lineman
I doubt they start Beck in week 1. I would have been nervous if they grabbed Quinn, but now I think they have to get a vetren unless they feel Culpepper can come back at all.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
I know I trust herm. I have it in my profile that i believe Bowe will be a bust, but I wasn't mad when we made the pick because I trust herms decisions and hopes he proves me wrong. We don't have quality starters or depth on the o-line which is the problem.
I don't know what to think about Bowe, he seems like a nice pickup, exactly what we need for the pick. I looked through the draft history of Herm's drafts as a head coach(2000-2006), and it looks like he has drafted 6 WR's(I'm omitting this draft for obvious reasons). They are as follows:
Lavernues Coles 2000-R3#78+
Windrell Hayes 2000-R5#153-
Santana Moss 2001- R1#16+
Jericho Cotchery 2004-R4#108+
Harry Williams 2005-R7#240-
Jeff Webb 2006-R6#190+

Now, I'm basing my success rating due to their names, I have no clue who Windrell Hayes or Harry Williams are, so I will consider them "negative" picks. So, out of the six picks he has made at the Wide Reciever Position, he has a 4/6 success rate, or ~67%. Granted, this is pure speculation, my bio teachers would carve me a new asshole for that previous analysis, because there are alot of other variables involved in that obviously, I just figured I'd throw that out there....And my roommate was pissed that KC took Bowe(He wanted him to drop to the Vikes in Round 2). He apparently had an awesome senior bowl, my question is why do you think he will be a bust Hook'em?

Also, I hope we address RB this sunday, Who do you think would fit our system in terms of Running back? Do you think Michael Bush will be available at #148? If so, do we take a chance on him? I like Bush, and it sounds like he's healing up fairly well, my only problem with that is that ALL athletes always rush their progress, and he might be doing it just to get a higher draft status.

Other than that, I think Cornerback is a definate need, I feel there is still alot of talent out there for a Cover 2 CB(DeAndre jackson? I'm from Iowa, so I might be biased, I did not see him on the NFL draft tracker though, but Tanard Jackson is still available). It will be very interesting to see what will happen tommorrow...
Old 04-29-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what to think about Bowe, he seems like a nice pickup, exactly what we need for the pick. I looked through the draft history of Herm's drafts as a head coach(2000-2006), and it looks like he has drafted 6 WR's(I'm omitting this draft for obvious reasons). They are as follows:
Jeff Webb 2006-R6#190+

Now, I'm basing my success rating due to their names, I have no clue who Windrell Hayes or Harry Williams are, so I will consider them "negative" picks. So, out of the six picks he has made at the Wide Reciever Position, he has a 4/6 success rate, or ~67%. Granted, this is pure speculation, my bio teachers would carve me a new asshole for that previous analysis, because there are alot of other variables involved in that obviously, I just figured I'd throw that out there....And my roommate was pissed that KC took Bowe(He wanted him to drop to the Vikes in Round 2). He apparently had an awesome senior bowl, my question is why do you think he will be a bust Hook'em?

Also, I hope we address RB this sunday, Who do you think would fit our system in terms of Running back? Do you think Michael Bush will be available at #148? If so, do we take a chance on him? I like Bush, and it sounds like he's healing up fairly well, my only problem with that is that ALL athletes always rush their progress, and he might be doing it just to get a higher draft status.

Other than that, I think Cornerback is a definate need, I feel there is still alot of talent out there for a Cover 2 CB(DeAndre jackson? I'm from Iowa, so I might be biased, I did not see him on the NFL draft tracker though, but Tanard Jackson is still available). It will be very interesting to see what will happen tommorrow...
I don't think Bush has a chance at all to make it to us, but would love to have him if he does. I'm fairly certain that we will take a corner in round 5 but have no idea what we will do the rest of the day. As for Bowe he does have a somewhat limited ceiling because he doesn't have either breakaway speed or great strength. He's fast and strong but not at extrordinary levels that the great recievers usually are. That said I do believe that he is extremley solid and has a low "bust" factor for a WR. He should give us a good option on third down and in the red zone which should help take some of the pressure off of Gonzalez.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty happy with the first day I wanted OL in round one but after reading up on Bowe I like the pick tough kid will go after the ball over the middle and can run block. I'm kinda iffy on Turk I don't think he is a bad player but kinda of a reach in the second round but I love the Tank pick dude is a beast lets just hope he doesn't have trouble off the field.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get a 4th fpor Trent then I;d like to see the draft play out like this

RD 4. Tanard Jackson
RD 5. Allen Barbre
RD 5. Justin Medlock
RD 6. Le'Ron McClain
RD 7. BPA
Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Jeff Webb 2006-R6#190+

I'm no scout, but and it was really more of a feeling. I didn't think he would be a bust just maybe a solid #2 or something. He has great physicality, but he drops alot of passes(shown in the senior bowl practices as well as his college career). He runs solid routes, but not great routes and I was usually more impressed with Davis than Bowe when I watched LSU. I just thought so many people hyped him as a #1 reciever i just didn't see it. I still like Meachem better, but i'm not suprised that he took Bowe because he is a herm type player. I hope and think there is a solid chance for him to prove me wrong. I said the same thing last year about Chad Jackson so maybe it's just me liking to pick on WR's.

I'd love to see us move Green, but either way I want 3 lineman. Maybe add a corner or a 7th round QB to add to that.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
If we can get a 4th fpor Trent then I;d like to see the draft play out like this

RD 4. Tanard Jackson
RD 5. Allen Barbre
RD 5. Justin Medlock
RD 6. Le'Ron McClain
RD 7. BPA

I'd like that if we were to get a 4th i would love

4. Tanard Jackson
5. Manuel Ramirez(if Beekmans not there) or any OG
5. Jermon Bushrod(hadn't heard about him til Kiper, but intriging prospect. Give him some time to get some more technique let McIntosh play LT for 2 maybe 3 years if he's effective.)
6. Le'Ron McClain(LOVE THAT PICK) if he's not there Cory Anderson
7. Justin Rascati
Old 04-29-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Yea, I would love Le'Ron McClain, he looks like a "herm player" and he has made favorable comparisons to Mr. Tony Richardson himself, and even Lorenzo Neal.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like no Green trade
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say I didn't like day two at all. Of course, I didn't actually watch the picks come off the board, I was busy, but...

Kolby Smith is a good pick, hopefully he'll be able to spell LJ frequently and be more reliable than Bennett and hopefully be able to step in as LJ's replacement when he leaves.

Medlock? No thanks. I'm just not as down on Tynes as a lot of other people, so I think it was unnecessary to draft one. Looking back at how the draft unfolded, I would have rather had Michael Coe.

Herb Taylor? Ok pick I guess, I'm just not real impressed, but then again, how many 6th rounders are impressive? At the very least he oughta be a body to push the vets in camp.

Michael Allen? I can understand drafting a tight end as a potential replacement for Dunn, but this guy cannot even be considered in the same breath. What is different about him than the other young tight ends on the roster?

Eh, good first day, not so much on day two. Hopefully this draft will surprise me like last year's did.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Patrick and the others were off the board.I had no problems with any day 2 picks
Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I'm surprised that we did not take a look at any CB's at all. I mean, Kicker was not really a need but Herm sticks to what he says by creating competition. Is this a sign that Tynes is on his way out?
It's funny, lok at Herbert Taylor's bio, he so cool he's gotta have shades....
I like the RB pick. He will be able to spell LJ.
We have alot of Tight Ends, I'm not sure if this was BPA(i was working on homework) but hopefully he'll contribute..

Overall, what did you guys' think? A?B?C?D?F?? I think we addressed alot of glaring needs, but missed a few, like Cornerback...that being said, maybe this is herms' message that he thinks we don't need CB's. I'm thinking a B
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
I'm surprised that we did not take a look at any CB's at all. I mean, Kicker was not really a need but Herm sticks to what he says by creating competition. Is this a sign that Tynes is on his way out?
It's funny, lok at Herbert Taylor's bio, he so cool he's gotta have shades....
I like the RB pick. He will be able to spell LJ.
We have alot of Tight Ends, I'm not sure if this was BPA(i was working on homework) but hopefully he'll contribute..

Overall, what did you guys' think? A?B?C?D?F?? I think we addressed alot of glaring needs, but missed a few, like Cornerback...that being said, maybe this is herms' message that he thinks we don't need CB's. I'm thinking a B
I'm thinking about B- or C. The pick of Tyler will probably ultimatley determine how this draft turns out because if he can be the DT we have been looking for over the last 10 years it will allow us a lot more flexability in the future. I too was suprised that we didn't get a corner at all though I imagine Wright and Brown were both in our sights and both times there was a trade right in front of our picks. I commend the Chiefs on not panicking and reaching on someone to fill a void. The papers this morning says that KC will be looking for free agents after this summers cuts to fill the void. I hated the pick of the kicker aslo just because we had so many other needs to fill, but I guess time will tell on that one. The TE I imagine was probably brought in to be a special teamer mainly with the hope that he can develop into an H-Back later. He seemed a lot like Kris Wilson though when I read more about him. All said though and exciting time and I can't wait to see what type of impact Dwayne Bowe makes for our offense.