Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default RaiderNation's Top 15 Prospects with Comparisons 5/1

1 Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina- Julius Peppers/Mario Williams
Athletically gifted prospects cannot be overlooked and Clowney is a perfect example of that. Freak athletes that have produced at elite levels like Peppers/Williams have to be a lock top 1/2 pick.

2 Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo- DeMarcus Ware/Terrell Suggs
Mack is no slouch when compared to Clowney, and his impact for his team should be right away. The Ware/Suggs comparison is HoF worthy but Mack is the all around player like them to build around on defense.

3 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- Torrey Holt/Percy Harvin
Despite not having elite size it's undeniable that Watkins is a potential elite playermaker in the NFL. Both Holt and Harvin have gotten the job done even though they aren't big WR's, but Watkins should succeed similarly to them.

4 Blake Bortles QB UCF- Ben Roethlisberger/Matt Ryan
Bortles is far from a finished product but I do believe the right coaching will make him into a stud. His size, athleticism and arm are comparable to Ben/Ryan and a franchise will love adding Bortles.

5 Greg Robinson OT Auburn- Tyron Smith/Lane Johnson
The pure strength and size of Robinson projects to a All Pro type of olinemen, likely at LT. I can see situations where he plays RT like Smith/Johnson did early on in their careers.

6 Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- Jake Long/Jordan Gross
Bloodlines and experience play a huge factor in draft Matthews this high but his play can get forgotten IMO by some. Instant starter right away in the mold of Long/Gross as very reliable player in his career.

7 Anthony Barr OLB UCLA- Von Miller/Robert Mathis
The athletic pass rusher like Barr should have a team drooling with his upside on the outside. Mathis and Miller are both freak pass rushers that Barr can mold his game after since he just started playing defense.

8 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M- Tony Romo/Jay Cutler
The bust potential is their with any prospect and when it comes down to it a team will draft Manziel high. His unorthodox play is similar to Romo and Cutler but they all make up for it because of underrated arm strength.

9 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- Vincent Jackson/Michael Floyd
Evans isn't near the speedy WR like Watkins and others, but his size and hands make him a nightmare near the redzone. Jackson and Floyd have dominated games and Evans should produce like them.

10 Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville- Donovan McNabb/Ryan Tannehill
Bridgewater has received too much criticism through the draft process but a team should covet the potential franchise QB. McNabb and Tannehill have had their doubters but have overcame them with good play.

11 Taylor Lewan OT Michigan- Nate Solder/Jared Veldheer
Lewan is this years lengthy LT prospect that might scare teams with his off field issues. Solder and Veldheer don't have off field problems but are tall LT's who impact the game despite not having the ball.

12 Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- Geno Atkins/Sheldon Richardson
Size is the #1 issue everyone will bring up with Donald but his production and quickness is unmatched this year. Atkins and Richardson aren't big intimidating DT's but are building blocks for their teams.

13 Eric Ebron TE UNC- Vernon Davis/Antonio Gates
Ebron is the best TE prospect since Vernon Davis, and with how the NFL is going expect him to go in the top 20. Gates is another player Ebron can be like who can dominate in the redzone.

14 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State- Antonio Cromartie/Aqib Talib
There is no real shutdown CB this year but that's not to say there isn't talent like Gilbert who can cover and return kicks. Cromartie and Talib both are somewhat inconsistent players that Gilbert will probably mold into.

15 CJ Mosley LB Alabama- Navarro Bowman/Lawrence Timmons
Mosley is the real deal at LB that can impact the game in many way on defense. Bowman and Timmons are athletic ILB's that fly around the field like Mosley and will fit any scheme.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any comments???

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-01-2014, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbert is the perfect comparison with Cromartie since they like to rely on athleticism and have a knack to try and gamble for big INTs.

I get a little tired with every big QB getting compared to Big Ben though. Nothing against you since so many people do it but I don't think the "Big QB is the next Roethlisberger" stuff will ever go away.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Gilbert is the perfect comparison with Cromartie since they like to rely on athleticism and have a knack to try and gamble for big INTs.

I get a little tired with every big QB getting compared to Big Ben though. Nothing against you since so many people do it but I don't think the "Big QB is the next Roethlisberger" stuff will ever go away.
Unlike other prospects I do think Bortles game will translate similarly to Big Ben's, both are underrated athletes that are clutch with size that is unmatched from QB's this year.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't love the Teddy comps. I don't think he has Tannehill's arm and I think he has much better accuracy than McNabb. I see him being somewhere between Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't love the Teddy comps. I don't think he has Tannehill's arm and I think he has much better accuracy than McNabb. I see him being somewhere between Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers.
Teddy was the hardest for me to do on the list, I do agree I see some both those QB's in him. I haven't found a sure fire comparison I'm happy with but at the end of the day I believe he will be successful in the NFL if he stays healthy

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707