Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Jimmie Ward's lack of maturity coming from? This isn't the first place I've seen it, but I've yet to any type of backing for the statement.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Jackson still associates with known gang members as an adult. Lee was born into bad circumstances and pulled himself out of it. Gigantic difference.
The ties will be there no matter what, so they will say. It's very stereotypical of any player from California who was brought up in poverty, because the gang activity is larger there than anywhere else. BTW his story did in fact touch me because he comes off as a very humble soft spoken guy. I'm all for rushing to the podium to select him at #22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
The ties will be there no matter what, so they will say. It's very stereotypical of any player from California who was brought up in poverty, because the gang activity is larger there than anywhere else. BTW his story did in fact touch me because he comes off as a very humble soft spoken guy. I'm all for rushing to the podium to select him at #22.
99% of the time 'red flags' are negative, but that doesn't have to be the case.

In any case, a team really has to 'red flag' this issue and investigate it. Without any real proof, a red flag doesn't kill a prospect.

If everything that has been said recently true, then this might help him. Teams will perk their ears up, see how he has grown from this situation and maybe even see it as a positive.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:46 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
99% of the time 'red flags' are negative, but that doesn't have to be the case.

In any case, a team really has to 'red flag' this issue and investigate it. Without any real proof, a red flag doesn't kill a prospect.

If everything that has been said recently true, then this might help him. Teams will perk their ears up, see how he has grown from this situation and maybe even see it as a positive.
Depending if he is blue flag.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-26-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd really like to know where the OBJ lacking work ethic and having an ego came from. I've never heard anything about except for on these forums. Is there an article somewhere to back this up or is it an unsubstantiated rumor?
Old 04-26-2014, 04:55 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I'd really like to know where the OBJ lacking work ethic and having an ego came from. I've never heard anything about except for on these forums. Is there an article somewhere to back this up or is it an unsubstantiated rumor?
They are reaching trying to create storylines that's all.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-27-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Terrance West one. "Poor background." How descriptive. Like...he's actually poor? That can't be it, because that's 99% of all black prospects. If it's not that, though, it's the least descriptive character knock of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Some more info:
1. Taylor Lewan threatened to rape a girl if she proceeded with rape charges against his friend (a kicker). The charges were dropped. This is his evidence as to why it wasn't true...

2. The girl Shembo assaulted ultimately killed herself. Google Lizzy Seeberg.
That was Shembo?! I remember the story but I never heard who it was. Just "a Notre Dame football player."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Add Marqise Lee too I guess
People should be a lot more concerned about his drop rate. It's baaaaaad.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
"Poor background." How descriptive. Like...he's actually poor? That can't be it, because that's 99% of all black prospects.....
Wow Donald Sterling.
Let's generalize a little more about the black guys eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
2. The girl Shembo assaulted (raped) ultimately killed herself. Google Lizzy Seeberg.
Yeah, that's pretty bad.
If that was as close to true as it appears, he should have been behind bars for a long time.
The fact that it was bad enough that the girl decided to end it all, that's a strong indicator.

Notre Dame should be more ashamed of this guy, this incident, than any other.
http://fortheglorypsu.blogspot.com/2...-does-not.html
Quote:
It dates back to 2011, when two female college students were raped. They were raped by Prince Shembo, Notre Dame’s starting outside linebacker, and one other “prominent” player. A player whose name I have never been able to track down online. On a night in 2011 Lizzy Seeberg, a freshman at nearby St. Mary’s College, was raped by at least one of these Notre Dame players. A friend of hers drove her to the ER that night, and also stated that Notre Dame players had raped another girl that night. No charges were ever pressed, or even filed over this. Why? Well here’s why. Lizzy went to the police about what happened, and all this did was further her hell. She began to receive text messages from Notre Dame players that said things such as, “Don’t do anything you would regret,” and, “Messing with Notre Dame Football is a bad idea.” The intimidation tactics had begun. These tactics not only scared Lizzy, but also frightened the other victim into staying quiet.

In an attempt to show she was stronger than the cowards harassing her Lizzy was talked into attending the next Notre Dame game by her friends, but the sight of her assailant on the field was a tough one to swallow. On September 7th of that year she then wrote the following to her therapist, “I can’t get out of this f---ing hole I’ve started to dig. I’m trying to go to sleep because I’m sick with a cold and need to get rest but I can’t stop thinking about taking all the pills I can find. I’m ready to check out because this sucks.” She promised her therapist she would take her life, but then she attended the mandatory freshman seminar about rape on September 9th and it caused her to suffer a panic attack. Lizzy then went on to take her life.

Even though police had been alerted by Lizzy about her rape the day after it happened, they still had yet to even question the accused parties on the day of her death which was 10 days after the rape. Five days later they finally decided to do that, even though they had already been researching Lizzy and even interviewed a former roommate of hers. This story became national news, barely, 6 months later and Notre Dame launched an “investigation” into it. The accused players were, of course, found “not responsible.”

http://thedirty.com/2014/04/notre-da...way-with-rape/
Quote:
I can’t think of an athlete more dirty than this animal Prince Shembo. He forced himself on a poor girl, assulted her sexually and got away with it because he is good at jumping on top of other men. After the girl was driven to suicide by the bullying and threatening by Shenbos friends, teammates and campus police, coach Kelly coddled his star linebacker. He wasn’t even suspended for a single game and stayed on the team for 4 entire years. Now this vermin will be drafted into the NFL and make millions and become a star as a young lady lies 6 feet under the ground; her life stolen from her because football outweighs justice in our country. I humbly ask the dirty army to call up every NFL owner and threaten boycott if he is drafted, dont let him make millions and achieve gridiron glory he doesn’t deserve.
Read more at http://thedirty.com/2014/04/notre-da...6vFmpuFTGUG.99
2 more in-depths on this ******.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ld-notre-dame/

http://www.thenation.com/blog/172042...e-cry-justice#
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow Donald Sterling.
Let's generalize a little more about the black guys eh?
Hey, man...It's only racist if it's not true. 99% of black prospects are poor because 99% of black Americans are poor.

That's mostly because of legal segregation. They go to underfunded schools, they live in places that tax dollars have moved away from, and they have a tougher time getting a job interview than Mr. Bob White from the suburbs.

None of it's getting fixed until all schools are made equal from Kindergarten to 12th grade.

Ok, no it's not 99%, but the last time I saw poverty rate broken down by race it was almost quadruple the rate for whites (38% of black children live below the poverty line) and the government only calls a parent of a single kid poor if they make less than 15k...so in reality, it's probably more like 80something%. I don't think a person raising a kid while making 20k is living the easy life, even though that's technically miles above what our corporation-loving government deems to be poor.

Last edited by Monomach : 04-27-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to football, and red flags.

Jace Amaro was arrested for credit card fraud while at Texas Tech.
Not violent and not rapist, but a sign of bad character as a youngster.

Not sure of the specific details though.

Mono, would love to go way more in-depth on that issue, because we both see a lot of problems out there.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, man...It's only racist if it's not true. 99% of black prospects are poor because 99% of black Americans are poor.

That's mostly because of legal segregation. They go to underfunded schools, they live in places that tax dollars have moved away from, and they have a tougher time getting a job interview than Mr. Bob White from the suburbs.

None of it's getting fixed until all schools are made equal from Kindergarten to 12th grade.

Ok, no it's not 99%, but the last time I saw poverty rate broken down by race it was almost quadruple the rate for whites (38% of black children live below the poverty line) and the government only calls a parent of a single kid poor if they make less than 15k...so in reality, it's probably more like 80something%. I don't think a person raising a kid while making 20k is living the easy life, even though that's technically miles above what our corporation-loving government deems to be poor.
Mono, stop....plz
Old 05-01-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to give my opinion on Jeremy Hill.

He apparently wrote a letter to all 32 teams explaining his mistakes and what he plans to do going forward to correct them. Also had character references. Very smart move.

Here were his two run-ins with the law:

At age 17 or 18, I think, he had consenting sex with a girl younger than 17. Against the law, but a reflection of his character? Not necessarily. Willing to hear his side of the story at the very least.

Then he got into a bar fight and punched a dude in the head.

I would be willing to guess that many, many young men have done those two things.

The reason I bring this up is because I'm watching him on gamechangers and he's very well spoken and strikes me as a high-football-character player. And when I heard about the letter, I want to believe it was sincere because he strikes me as a sincere kid.

I actually didn't really love him as a prospect but I thought I'd share. I think there are WAY worse character/off-field issues than what Hill has. Maybe he's faking it but I think he's a genuine good guy who got caught doing two things many young men just do.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
Tony Pauline had a podcast explaining that he's talked to people who have connections with LSU coaches. They said he doesn't like to practice or focus on the little things and was kind of a diva whereas Landry was the opposite. Didn't show up on film much, but it was something he heard.

Here's the part where we question the source, accuse him of making things up to "generate page hits" or "get people to say his name" and then fit it all together in a nice, neat hidden agenda angle.

He's got no reason to lie and explained that LSU coaches are very candid (remember the list of guys who didn't attend workouts).
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Failed drug test. Seantrel Henderson is a tragedy!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...ne-per-sources

NFL teams were notified late last week that Miami Hurricanes right tackle Seantrel Henderson tested positive at the scouting combine for smoking marijuana, multiple league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Seantrel Henderson was suspended three times during his UM career.
Henderson, who has elite abilities, already had been removed from some draft boards due to the fact that he revealed at the Senior Bowl that suspensions at Miami were related to failed drug tests.

"I was partying a little bit too much at times," Henderson told The Miami Herald in January before the Senior Bowl when asked to explain his three suspensions at UM. "I had got into trouble a couple of times for marijuana. I just put all that behind me."

He also cut short his UM pro day workout for scouts in April, with Henderson's agent saying that he was dehydrated and felt sick.

Other players in the past have tested positive at the combine and gone on to have successful NFL careers.

Henderson started in only 26 of the 43 games he played with the Hurricanes.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 05-05-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trel just won't let himself be great. Sad.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Hill and what happened when he was in HS...I honestly can't call that a character red flag. From what I read, it was 100% consensual and mom and dad got mad.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Any player from a non-affluent background would carry major red flags if they had the Manziel family history.
Which is? He lives in the spotlight and got into a fight his freshman year? Where is his DUI or sexual assault charges? Or crab legs theft?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Cursed_Since_1957
Rookie

Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seantrel already had more than enough character red flags before this failed marijuana drug test, he'll be lucky to be drafted at all.
Cursed_Since_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Which is? He lives in the spotlight and got into a fight his freshman year? Where is his DUI or sexual assault charges? Or crab legs theft?
He isn't talking about Manziel's transgressions. He is talking about the Manziel family. An uncle involved in a confidence scheme, the same uncle accused of being park of a heist that left a man died, a police office involved in the case stated he was offered money to back off the case, his grandfather being arrested for a DWI and resisting arrest, an uncle in prison for possession with intent to distribute cocaine, the grandfather violated probation by bribing somebody to get out of community service.

The family is an absolute mess. They are already pretty wealthy. The estate is I think between $4-5 million. That is good money, but not a ridiculous sum for an entire family. Imagine how they'll act when Johnny signs a rookie contract four times that much. It should definitely be a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Tony Pauline had a podcast explaining that he's talked to people who have connections with LSU coaches. They said he doesn't like to practice or focus on the little things and was kind of a diva whereas Landry was the opposite. Didn't show up on film much, but it was something he heard.

Here's the part where we question the source, accuse him of making things up to "generate page hits" or "get people to say his name" and then fit it all together in a nice, neat hidden agenda angle.

He's got no reason to lie and explained that LSU coaches are very candid (remember the list of guys who didn't attend workouts).
Hmm I'll have to see if I can find that podcast. This may very well be the case with OBJ and if that's the case that unfortunate. I was just curious because I had never heard that before reading on this specific board.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
He isn't talking about Manziel's transgressions. He is talking about the Manziel family. An uncle involved in a confidence scheme, the same uncle accused of being park of a heist that left a man died, a police office involved in the case stated he was offered money to back off the case, his grandfather being arrested for a DWI and resisting arrest, an uncle in prison for possession with intent to distribute cocaine, the grandfather violated probation by bribing somebody to get out of community service.

The family is an absolute mess. They are already pretty wealthy. The estate is I think between $4-5 million. That is good money, but not a ridiculous sum for an entire family. Imagine how they'll act when Johnny signs a rookie contract four times that much. It should definitely be a concern.
Well this deadspin article really opened my eyes. Crazy family. http://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how...ica-1040593220

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote