Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-02-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kony Ealy @ 3 Technique

@RapSheet: One factor that may get #Mizzou DL Kony Ealy drafted higher than people think: I hear some teams want to put 15 lbs on him and make him a DT

@RapSheet: All depends on grades. But if #Mizzou DL Kony Ealy is a three-technique (DT), it may bring in teams like #Giants, #Rams, #Cowboys, & #Bears
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant see him being a 1st round pick to play DT. He's a 1st round DE to me.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Cant see him being a 1st round pick to play DT. He's a 1st round DE to me.
I agree, his main strength as a prospect is his ability to rush the passer, so teams thinking of moving him to DT, simply won't draft him high enough to keep him from a team looking for a pass rusher.

Could he rotate and play some DT, probably, it's done all the time in the NFL, but I doubt he adds much weight which could effect his ability to play DE, his main position.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I agree, his main strength as a prospect is his ability to rush the passer, so teams thinking of moving him to DT, simply won't draft him high enough to keep him from a team looking for a pass rusher.

Could he rotate and play some DT, probably, it's done all the time in the NFL, but I doubt he adds much weight which could effect his ability to play DE, his main position.
I think he'll be used in a similar manner as Justin Tuck is. Slide him inside and bring in a pure edge rusher to play DE.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes sense to me, given that he's already pretty big and is more of an inside rusher than someone who tries to win the edge and bend back to the quarterback. He doesn't really look like a true end to me for that reason. However, I don't think he's a great run defender, so that weakness may be magnified if he slides inside.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really watched him, but I always was under the impression people thought he was sort of a finesse player?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:35 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given how slow he is, I think it makes sense. If anything, they're probably trying to save his career by giving him position versatility. Mizzou kicked him inside at times, so that's probably where they're getting the idea. Maybe he can do it in nickel formations. Probably best as a 4-3 LE though.