Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-02-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some Possible Trade Scenarios

Just a few possible trades I've thought about:
  • St. Louis trades from #2 to #4 overall, with Cleveland moving up to secure Sammy Watkins. The Rams choose Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews at #4 overall, or, alternatively…
  • St. Louis trades from #4 to #8 overall, with the Vikings selecting Blake Bortles and the Rams choosing either Robinson or Matthews (whichever the Falcons don’t draft.)
  • Buffalo trades from #9 to #14 overall, with the Bears moving up in order to draft Aaron Donald. The Bills could still land someone like Eric Ebron or possibly Taylor Lewan at #14.
  • Detroit trades from #10 to #16 overall; Dallas moves up ahead of the Titans and Giants in order to draft Anthony Barr or Zack Martin, with the Lions drafting Odell Beckham, Marqise Lee, Darqueze Dennard, or Justin Gilbert.
  • Baltimore trades from #17 to #27 or #28 overall, with the Saints moving up for Marqise Lee, or the Panthers moving up for Brandin Cooks. The Ravens target a player such as Kelvin Benjamin or Cyrus Kouandjio with their pick.
  • Arizona trades from #20 to #31; the Broncos move up in order to get ahead of the Packers, using their new selection to draft C.J. Mosley or Ryan Shazier. The Cardinals can target a quarterback, offensive lineman, or pass rusher.
  • San Diego trades from #25 to #30 overall, with the 49ers leapfrogging Cleveland, New Orleans, and Carolina for one of the draft’s remaining wide receivers or cornerbacks. The Chargers draft Bradley Roby.
  • New England trades from #29 into the second round, with a team such as Houston, Jacksonville, or Oakland moving up for a quarterback, possibly Teddy Bridgewater. The Patriots target someone like Joel Bitonio or Louis Nix.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd suck for the Ravens to trade out to allow the Saints to get one of those 2 WRs given those 2 might be targets for the Jets.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Bortles falls out of the top 5, I can totally see an Atlanta/Tenn. hookup with the Titans/Whisenhunt wanting Bortles and the Falcons eventually taking Barr at pick 11.

Just depends on how high the Titans would be on Bortles.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Dave Gettleman is not a fan of trading up, so I cannot see the panthers moving up to take anybody unless one of the top 2 OTs or WRs drop. Gettleman has even been quoted as saying" would you rather have a dollar, or six dimes?"
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some decent ideas, although I have some caveats.

I don't see the Pats being the team to trade out of the end of the first. Granted it was their go-to, but i think they are going to be other teams willing. Plus that brings the price down. Despite having to wait a day for the first selection plus seeing it too many times before, the Pats moving down is their best move this year.

I don't like the Cleveland trade up. Regardless of ones scouting of Watkins, I don't like investing more assets to get the chance at a second elite WR. I don't mind it as much at 4, but the pick has to be a no brainer ala Megatron.

I definitely see a WR receiver run in the middle of the first, so trades involving positioning of team to get their WR seems likely. Although you didn't always make the specific connecton, Baltimore, Arizona and San Diego moving down makes sense for this reason. Interesting how getting a number one guy later in the draft (T. Smith and K. Allen) can really help you in long run. I just am not sure about New Orleans as the partner. However Carolina is an obvious choice.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Baltimore moving down but not for either of the players mentioned. Benjamin is closer to a developmental prospect than someone ready to contribute right away and that's not the type of player you see Ozzie go after with his first pick. Kouandjio isn't a good fit for Kubiak's scheme. That should definitely be factored in too if the team wants him to succeed.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
Some decent ideas, although I have some caveats.

I don't see the Pats being the team to trade out of the end of the first. Granted it was their go-to, but i think they are going to be other teams willing. Plus that brings the price down. Despite having to wait a day for the first selection plus seeing it too many times before, the Pats moving down is their best move this year.

I don't like the Cleveland trade up. Regardless of ones scouting of Watkins, I don't like investing more assets to get the chance at a second elite WR. I don't mind it as much at 4, but the pick has to be a no brainer ala Megatron.

I definitely see a WR receiver run in the middle of the first, so trades involving positioning of team to get their WR seems likely. Although you didn't always make the specific connecton, Baltimore, Arizona and San Diego moving down makes sense for this reason. Interesting how getting a number one guy later in the draft (T. Smith and K. Allen) can really help you in long run. I just am not sure about New Orleans as the partner. However Carolina is an obvious choice.
The last time the Patriots didn't make a first-round trade was back in 2006, so I think they make sense as a logical trade partner. New Orleans is another team that has been aggressive in the past and may not have many great choices available where they're picking, so I think it makes sense for them to make sure they get one of the receivers in the class, otherwise they may be forced to reach on someone.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:32 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Just a few possible trades I've thought about:
  • St. Louis trades from #2 to #4 overall, with Cleveland moving up to secure Sammy Watkins. The Rams choose Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews at #4 overall, or, alternatively…
  • St. Louis trades from #4 to #8 overall, with the Vikings selecting Blake Bortles and the Rams choosing either Robinson or Matthews (whichever the Falcons don’t draft.)
  • Buffalo trades from #9 to #14 overall, with the Bears moving up in order to draft Aaron Donald. The Bills could still land someone like Eric Ebron or possibly Taylor Lewan at #14.
  • Detroit trades from #10 to #16 overall; Dallas moves up ahead of the Titans and Giants in order to draft Anthony Barr or Zack Martin, with the Lions drafting Odell Beckham, Marqise Lee, Darqueze Dennard, or Justin Gilbert.
  • Baltimore trades from #17 to #27 or #28 overall, with the Saints moving up for Marqise Lee, or the Panthers moving up for Brandin Cooks. The Ravens target a player such as Kelvin Benjamin or Cyrus Kouandjio with their pick.
  • Arizona trades from #20 to #31; the Broncos move up in order to get ahead of the Packers, using their new selection to draft C.J. Mosley or Ryan Shazier. The Cardinals can target a quarterback, offensive lineman, or pass rusher.
  • San Diego trades from #25 to #30 overall, with the 49ers leapfrogging Cleveland, New Orleans, and Carolina for one of the draft’s remaining wide receivers or cornerbacks. The Chargers draft Bradley Roby.
  • New England trades from #29 into the second round, with a team such as Houston, Jacksonville, or Oakland moving up for a quarterback, possibly Teddy Bridgewater. The Patriots target someone like Joel Bitonio or Louis Nix.
Pretty weird not seeing a Falcon trade. I think if the Bears were to move up Clinton-Dix should be in the mix for them in the Top 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Matthew Jones;3640004]Just a few possible trades I've thought about:
[list][*]St. Louis trades from #2 to #4 overall, with Cleveland moving up to secure Sammy Watkins. The Rams choose Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews at #4 overall, or, alternatively…

Quote:
The Browns would only make that trade for a QB, the likelihood of a weak team giving up that many picks for a WR is practically nil in a draft this deep in WR's. IMO, I do believe the Browns will make this trade but I think they are eyeing Manziel.
[*] St. Louis trades from #4 to #8 overall, with the Vikings selecting Blake Bortles and the Rams choosing either Robinson or Matthews (whichever the Falcons don’t draft.)

Quote:
I think a trade with Atlanta is far more likely especially if Clowney or Mack is still available. That is the only way to guarantee either Robinson or Matthews.
[*] Buffalo trades from #9 to #14 overall, with the Bears moving up in order to draft Aaron Donald. The Bills could still land someone like Eric Ebron or possibly Taylor Lewan at #14.

Quote:
In my opinion, in the pass happy NFL, nobody is trading up that far for a DT and giving up picks when they have a ton of holes to fill.
[*] Detroit trades from #10 to #16 overall; Dallas moves up ahead of the Titans and Giants in order to draft Anthony Barr or Zack Martin, with the Lions drafting Odell Beckham, Marqise Lee, Darqueze Dennard, or Justin Gilbert.

Quote:
Certainly a possibility!
[*] Baltimore trades from #17 to #27 or #28 overall, with the Saints moving up for Marqise Lee, or the Panthers moving up for Brandin Cooks. The Ravens target a player such as Kelvin Benjamin or Cyrus Kouandjio with their pick.

Quote:
It is generally believed that there are 17 to 20 very solid prospects in this draft, with a definite drop off after pick 20 and they would have no way of knowing what would be available that far back. So I'd have to say no way they be willing to go back that far.
[*] Arizona trades from #20 to #31; the Broncos move up in order to get ahead of the Packers, using their new selection to draft C.J. Mosley or Ryan Shazier. The Cardinals can target a quarterback, offensive lineman, or pass rusher.

Quote:
Arizona would likely stay put and take a LT prospect like Kouandjio or Bitonio at that spot. There would be nothing at 31 to tempt them.
[*] San Diego trades from #25 to #30 overall, with the 49ers leapfrogging Cleveland, New Orleans, and Carolina for one of the draft’s remaining wide receivers or cornerbacks. The Chargers draft Bradley Roby.

Quote:
Not impossible, just unlikely IMO. San Diego could use Roby for themselves, so why give him to San Fran..
[*] New England trades from #29 into the second round, with a team such as Houston, Jacksonville, or Oakland moving up for a quarterback, possibly Teddy Bridgewater. The Patriots target someone like Joel Bitonio or Louis Nix.

NE certainly always seems to want to do this type of trade, however, they seem committed to making a Super Bowl run, so I'd say it isn't that certain this draft, that they will follow their pattern, although it is possible.

Interesting post.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 05-02-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I wouldn't mind Baltimore moving down but not for either of the players mentioned. Benjamin is closer to a developmental prospect than someone ready to contribute right away and that's not the type of player you see Ozzie go after with his first pick. Kouandjio isn't a good fit for Kubiak's scheme. That should definitely be factored in too if the team wants him to succeed.
I actually think Kouandjio moves pretty well, certainly well enough to survive on the right side. Earlier in the process, people were talking about how he was more athletic than guys like Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews, so I think the 40-yard dash time is being blown out of proportion. I also think Kubiak is just the type of coach who could help him reach his potential. Given that Ozzie Newsome is a big Alabama fan whose son plays at the school, I'd say his evaluation of Kouandjio is probably pretty thorough and could give him a better idea regarding his health, character, etc.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually think Kouandjio moves pretty well, certainly well enough to survive on the right side. Earlier in the process, people were talking about how he was more athletic than guys like Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews, so I think the 40-yard dash time is being blown out of proportion. I also think Kubiak is just the type of coach who could help him reach his potential. Given that Ozzie Newsome is a big Alabama fan whose son plays at the school, I'd say his evaluation of Kouandjio is probably pretty thorough and could give him a better idea regarding his health, character, etc.
From what I'm reading lately, Kouandjio won't last till the #27 or #28 pick, they wouldn't have much of a clue who would still be left on the board that late in round 1.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of the Bears talk has centered at moving down.

NO and SF have been mentioned to get Beckham.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Most of the Bears talk has centered at moving down.

NO and SF have been mentioned to get Beckham.
It seems like the Bears are really holding out hope for Aaron Donald, but I think they'd have to trade up to get him. If they can't arrange that, I could imagine them looking at Clinton-Dix or Pryor to upgrade at safety. Otherwise, a trade down makes sense.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It seems like the Bears are really holding out hope for Aaron Donald, but I think they'd have to trade up to get him. If they can't arrange that, I could imagine them looking at Clinton-Dix or Pryor to upgrade at safety. Otherwise, a trade down makes sense.
I'm like 80% sure they pass on Aaron Donald if he falls to them. They've been working out first round safeties and corners like crazy.

No one with the Bears has said that they want to go get another 3 technique. It's just media types and fans.

The line isn't the deepest unit in the world, but it's about 3 steps ahead of the secondary at this point.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These ideas make a lot of sense, but ideas like these usually don't materialize. The idea of leapfrogging makes scenarios that make sense, but I think the reality is that most trade ups happen when one team has leverage that other teams are planning to trade up also. Or two teams fighting each other for one player negotiating with a team or two who know the situation and take advantage.

Because after many trades it's tough to pinpoint a team that was being leapfrogged. More often I think they are "leapfrogging" or out-bidding an unknown team.

I don't know if that makes sense but that's my impression of how trades really go down.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know, maybe it's his footwork but I don't see a guy that will move well enough in space for Kubiak's scheme. Osemele took me by surprise in that regard though so it's certainly a possibility. I'd definitely agree that Newsome has a better information feed on Alabama than just about everyone else.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:43 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't see Dallas moving upon in this draft. Way to many holes to fill and they don't have enough picks to be trading them away. Plus Jerry has only traded up like twice in the last 12 years. If anything look for Dallas to move down.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If top 4 goes Clowney, Robinson, Watkins. I could see Atlanta jumping Oakland and get Mack.

If Watkins and Evans are gone and say Buffalo wants out, I think this is Cowboys landing spot to secure Aaron Donald. If Dallas really wants Donald and they should they need to jump a lot of teams.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote