Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-04-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hadn't installed the discs yet, so I did that and everything works! Hip hip hoorayyyy.

Last edited by WMD : 05-04-2014 at 10:46 AM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drivers are important, yo!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammiiixxxx.

Why you stand me up?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with my wireless internets? I bought a Wireless USB dealio, and it seems like it's dropping the connection to the modem every few minutes. Some sites seem to load slow or not all the way. Nothing else loses the connection.. my tablet still works fine and everything. Old computer didn't have this problem. Someone give me a solution!

Last edited by WMD : 05-07-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Dammiiixxxx.

Why you stand me up?
Damix no like you! Just like your face no like you!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
What's the deal with my wireless internets? I bought a Wireless USB dealio, and it seems like it's dropping the connection to the modem every few minutes. Some sites seem to load slow or not all the way. Nothing else loses the connection.. my tablet still works fine and everything. Old computer didn't have this problem. Someone give me a solution!
Reset the router (unplug everything, wait a minute, then plug everything back in). If it still does it after that, uninstall the drivers for the wireless dongle, restart your computer, and reinstall them.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Built ittttttttt!

It was a long and fun experience. I am not intimidated by these machines anymore. Thank you PC Gaming Discussion thread folks for the help. Mainly banty, with his post a few days back listing parts and the video and whatnot. Came out costing more than I expected, but whatever.

Now get me my internets.
specs on your new rig?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I am here!
play diablo 3 yo, it's just like Marvel but the gameplay is better and the items are way more rewarding. Cain and I have been running around a bit.

I got a brand new DH cloak that lets me run around with 3 wolves instead of 1, they're so cute. one is a little derpy though...he doesn't get the movement speed bonus the others do for some reason. I named him Ralph.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been playing the Heroes of the Storm alpha a lot the past few days and I have been really enjoying it. I find that it is a lot more accessible to new MOBA players, along with removing a lot of the tedious aspects that I really did not like about DOTA 2 or League of Legends.

The first being exp is shared across your team. You don't have to snipe the last hit on minions, as long as you are in range of the unit dying you will gain experience for your whole team. The last hit aspect of other MOBA games completely turned me off from them. Also, creeps around the map aren't for experience. Once you defeat the mercenary camps, you can stand in a circle to capture the point and the creeps will gain full life and join the nearest lane for your team. Absolutely critical to keep on top of capturing these, especially the camps on your opponent's side.

HotS likes to throw you in to the action right away and often. They have 4 different maps at the moment, all with unique objectives to complete. These are very important to complete and really changes up some of the monotony of early game in other moba's. One map spawns tributes randomly around the map, after a team has successfully retrieved 3 then all enemy minions are reduced to 1 hp, and towers cannot attack during this minute. There's also a capture point-like objective, and a map where you collect coins and turn them in to a pirate ship to attack your enemy's forts. I found the undead map to be the most interesting. At certain points in the map, a mine opens up and you enter it to proceed inside to another map. At this point you have to collect skulls by killing undead, and once they're all collected two giant golems spawn for both teams. The more skulls you have the more powerful it is. Your golem starts at your base, and wherever he dies is where he spawns next time. There is also a very important golem you need to kill in the mine, giving a ton of skulls. Big team battles usually end up here, tons of fun.

Then theres the fact that all the heroes are familiar characters from Blizzard games. Diablo, Tyrael, Barbarian, Siege Tank, Jim Raynor, Tassadar, Illidan, Malfurion, and the list goes on.

As someone who isn't really a fan of moba's, this game is pretty ******* great. Blizzard likes the term "team brawler" better than "moba" to describe their game.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-14-2014 at 05:53 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm not a color snob, will I be able to tell the difference between an IPS and a TN monitor?

Thinking about buying this: http://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-24-Inc.../dp/B00B2HH7G0

I'll do more movie watching/general internetting than actual gaming.. but I want to have something good for whenever I do decide to play some. The refresh rate, contrast ratio, and response time all look to be good on that monitor.. though I guess the 144hz refresh is only available through the DVI cable, unless that's just normal.

I'm comfortable at ~$250 if you guys have any other suggestions.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be late, but I would go with an IPS 100% of the time if you aren't a l337 pr0 g4ym3r(not that there's anything wrong with playing games competitively, I just think gaming monitors are largely a marketing scam). The difference in image quality is huge. There's some "gaming" monitors that are nicer than others(BenQ has some that are pretty good supposedly), but you really won't be able to find one that ever truly compares to an IPS in terms of color depth and accuracy.

Response time isn't really a big deal either, anything at/under 5MS and you should be fine. You need to watch out for input lag with some IPS monitors, but that's only really an issue with a select few monitors(pretty big issue with monitors that feature greater than 1080p resolututions).

Go take a look at them if you can. Best Buy tends to have some IPS monitors(although they run them through VGA cables with ****** source quality, so you might not be able to tell), but yeah, the color depth and accuracy really are that much better.

This site is absolutely fantastic for monitor reviews/information, so poking around there a bit is a good idea. $250 is enough to play with to get yourself something absurdly nice.

I bought this one for console games last month and have been completely satisfied with it. The tempered glass isn't for everyone, but the lighting situation in the room my setup is in allows for it and it has less of a detrimental effect than the anti-glare coatings a lot of monitors use. It has basically no bezel either, which is fantastic. Acer isn't a brand a lot of people like traditionally, but their monitors are an excellent value and use the same LG Panels that some of the more expensive Asus/LG monitors use.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-24-2014 at 05:19 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally went ahead and bought a Star Citizen pack. I should have done it a long time ago, but I was worried with all the delays how things were shaping up. With the dog fighting module set to release the 29th I felt like it was a good time to jump in and buy it.

Star Citizen could very well be the game to end all games if they hit on everything they say they will.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF3 is free right now if anyone wants to play
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/b...urce=affiliate

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone still play Titanfall? It's on sale for $29.99, considering purchasing it.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Does anyone still play Titanfall? It's on sale for $29.99, considering purchasing it.
That game got old for me after a couple weeks of playing the beta. I don't hear anything about it now.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That game got old for me after a couple weeks of playing the beta. I don't hear anything about it now.
I bought it and played for about two weeks. It got really stale quickly. The prob was it is just the same ole game reskinned.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steam Summer Sale is on. Pretty good deals on The Witcher 2 and Far Cry 3 right now.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodbye All Of My Monies. :( :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mirror's Edge for $5, ka ching kaaa ching.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to go lite this year I think.

But something is going to blow my mind and i'll be screwed.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm hoping South Park goes on sale. I want it.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I put a thought into buying Democracy 3, but will probably pass. Mostly, there's just not a lot of games that I don't already have...

South Park will still be $40 on sale.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd pay $40 for it, but I'm having trouble justifying paying $60 for a game these days.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd pay $40 for it, but I'm having trouble justifying paying $60 for a game these days.
You are so lucky you don't live in Australia where $100+ is the standard price for new releases...

Might have to check out the sale when I get home... wouldn't mind a witcher bundle as I still haven't played through it!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
You are so lucky you don't live in Australia where $100+ is the standard price for new releases...

Might have to check out the sale when I get home... wouldn't mind a witcher bundle as I still haven't played through it!
Yeah, Witcher is $2 and Witcher 2 is $4 right now.