Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Yeeeeeeeee! Very happy with the second pick. Kouandijo will make this line much better. Two brand new starters just like that. The fact that we picked up an extra pick in the process made it all the more better.

Gaaaaahhhhh... I was gonna say we should now trade up for Amaro but he's a Jet.

F it. Gabe Jackson or Scott Crichton in the third. Troy Niklas too but I think he'll be gone.
Kouandjio is one of my favourite players in the whole draft. If he's healthy, we'll dominate running the ball and with a solid defense, we'll definitely challenge for second if Manual can at least be a solid game manager and not turn the ball over.

I have a feeling that next year will be the most exciting season in over a decade in Buffalo.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Kouandijo definitely has a dry personality but when asked in an interview after being picked about how he feels about run blocking for CJ, he says: "Run block!...that's what I do! I enjoy taking a man against his will.."

Don't we all Cyrus, don't we all...

Real talk though. I'm excited about what this means for the ground game.

Preston Brown over Gabe Jackson didn't go over well with me. Jackson has a lot of Warford in him and would have stared somewhere immediately. Brown will be a good pick down the road but I really think we missed on a chance to make our oline special. I wonder had Marcus Martin fallen a bit more if he would have been the pick. Meh..

For round 4 and 5 there is still plenty of opportunity to grab solid players. It really is shocking to see the talent still there.

Though it is not my choice I think Bashaud Breeland will be the pick if he is there at 109.

I'm liking Andre Williams, Dion Bailey, David Yankey and Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.

I'm a bit torn between David Yankey and Duvernay-Tardif. However I prefer the latter after watching video of him and doing a bit of research. 6-5, 320, but doesn't look it. Strong as an ox and plays very aggressive; given the chance he will bury a defender into the ground. People are saying he is a raw talent but if we are set with Williams and Urbik for now, let LDT develop behind them. Or hell, draft both of them and let's be done with the oline for awhile. It's not like our cupboard is that full there right now.

Andre Williams would be a nice compliment to CJ down the road. Resting those legs while getting spot play time behind CJ and Fred will do him good. Two excellent mentors for him, especially Fred.

Living here in SoCal I have gotten to watch a lot of Dion Bailey. The guy is a baller in the same ways Byrd is. Very instinctual, will always be around the ball whether it's a pass or run. Watch his game against Stanford last season and you will see. Far and away better than Meeks and Williams.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kouandijo definitely has a dry personality but when asked in an interview after being picked about how he feels about run blocking for CJ, he says: "Run block!...that's what I do! I enjoy taking a man against his will.."

Preston Brown over Gabe Jackson didn't go over well with me. Jackson has a lot of Warford in him and would have stared somewhere immediately. Brown will be a good pick down the road but I really think we missed on a chance to make our oline special. I wonder had Marcus Martin fallen a bit more if he would have been the pick. Meh..

For round 4 and 5 there is still plenty of opportunity to grab solid players. It really is shocking to see the talent still there.

Though it is not my choice I think Bashaud Breeland will be the pick if he is there at 109.

I'm liking Andre Williams, Dion Bailey, David Yankey and Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.

I'm a bit torn between David Yankey and Duvernay-Tardif. However I prefer the latter after watching video of him and doing a bit of research. 6-5, 320, but doesn't look it. Strong as an ox and plays very aggressive; given the chance he will bury a defender into the ground. People are saying he is a raw talent but if we are set with Williams and Urbik for now, let LDT develop behind them. Or hell, draft both of them and let's be done with the oline for awhile. It's not like our cupboard is that full there right now.

Andre Williams would be a nice compliment to CJ down the road. Resting those legs while getting spot play time behind CJ and Fred will do him good. Two excellent mentors for him, especially Fred.

Living here in SoCal I have gotten to watch a lot of Dion Bailey. The guy is a baller in the same ways Byrd is. Very instinctual, will always be around the ball whether it's a pass or run. Watch his game against Stanford last season and you will see. Far and away better than Meeks and Williams.
The only one I'm not sure about is Williams, he can't catch a ball, didn't have 1 reception in 2013 and isn't much of a pass blocker., I'd prefer Tyler Gaffney of Stanford. Played in a pro system, fights for extra yards, not easily brought down, solid leg drive and power, and good feet in congested areas. Complete back in running, catching and blocking.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like bailey too, comp to Byrd is what I've been pimping too. I wouldn't mind a QB at 109. Would have liked Jackson myself. Yankey still on the board, lots of talent left.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Gotta love ESPNs coverage. List of the best fifth round values over the years and no Kyle Williams. Where is the live ESPN?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Wow! Bryce Brown. Not to shabby since we lost out on Andre Williams. He's essentially a vet yet still very young with fresh legs. Again I think Fred will be good for him.

Anybody know what we got for the 5th we just gave to the Bucs?
Old 05-10-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th next year and 7th this year for that pick. Then we take Richardson just after. I dig that pick, took a big name and then just set ourselves up to close out the day with a couple 7ths. Wonder if we have anybody in mind for those.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
5th next year and 7th this year for that pick. Then we take Richardson just after. I dig that pick, took a big name and then just set ourselves up to close out the day with a couple 7ths. Wonder if we have anybody in mind for those.
Nice!

No clue.

Personally I was hoping for Duvernay-Tardiff. I honestly believe down the road he'll be a solid starter, whether at guard or tackle.

Dion Bailey would be my pick. Absolute steal this late.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Ha.. Seantrell Henderson. What a talent, but I'm not sure I want this guy in the locker room even. A guy gifted with rare ability who doesn't try and doesn't seam to care. I know it's a 7th rounder but this pick just comes off as silly.

Then again maybe we can turn this guy around. If Kouandijo, Richardson, and Henderson all play to potential we could have the greatest line in the league, easy.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I, personally loved the trade, but we had better not blow next season and have to deliver a top 5 pick to Cleveland. I see the potential for 7 to 9 wins as long as Manual develops to the point where he is at least a good game manager, who just doesn't turn the ball over a lot. Our running attack should be really solid, removing the pressure for Manual to be sensational and our defense is playoff calibre.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I, personally loved the trade, but we had better not blow next season and have to deliver a top 5 pick to Cleveland. I see the potential for 7 to 9 wins as long as Manual develops to the point where he is at least a good game manager, who just doesn't turn the ball over a lot. Our running attack should be really solid, removing the pressure for Manual to be sensational and our defense is playoff calibre.
I know I shouldn't even mention this, but it bothers me so whatever. Do you keep spelling his name wrong on purpose?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, you guys just signed Kenny Guiton as a UDFA. He is a great QB (i.e. great reads, great execution, great preparation) but has a noodle for an arm.

Would be a nice game manager as a backup if he can manage to compensate for his weak arm. Future coach.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Hey, you guys just signed Kenny Guiton as a UDFA. He is a great QB (i.e. great reads, great execution, great preparation) but has a noodle for an arm.

Would be a nice game manager as a backup if he can manage to compensate for his weak arm. Future coach.
I believe we only signed him to a tryout

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm actually excited for the Bills. The trade was steep but it puts EJ in a position to succeed like you haven't done for a QB since Bledsoe had an excellent OL from behind which to throw to Moulds Price.

I wasn't a huge EJ fan coming out but he's shown good things and should be in as ideal a position as possible to take the next step.

Also you guys draft too many Giant OL I like, after stealing Cordy from us I can see it still hasn't gotten old for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm actually excited for the Bills. The trade was steep but it puts EJ in a position to succeed like you haven't done for a QB since Bledsoe had an excellent OL from behind which to throw to Moulds Price.

I wasn't a huge EJ fan coming out but he's shown good things and should be in as ideal a position as possible to take the next step.

Also you guys draft too many Giant OL I like, after stealing Cordy from us I can see it still hasn't gotten old for you.
We've given him the weapons and tools to succeed. Now he needs to take that step.

Also, I was reading on the Bills website and an article said they were trying to move up into the bottom of round 2 to get Hyde, but San Fran ended up selecting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
We've given him the weapons and tools to succeed. Now he needs to take that step.

Also, I was reading on the Bills website and an article said they were trying to move up into the bottom of round 2 to get Hyde, but San Fran ended up selecting him.
It certainly is a lot better than past years when we really made little effort to become a winner. I finally have a feeling at least that we could be a franchise moving toward being competitive.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I know I shouldn't even mention this, but it bothers me so whatever. Do you keep spelling his name wrong on purpose?

Txs fpr pointing it out. Just plain laziness on my part.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Sammy Watkins is getting glowing reviews. Let's get him the ball, EJ. Also, get on that deer antler grind, Kiko!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills signed CB Sam Miller IV from FIU the other day. I have coached middle school football with his did. I really hope this kid gets a chance. He comes from a good family.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will root for him to become the second best CB in the league for as long as he is on the Bills.

Anyway, how good does Bryce Brown look against those 3rd string defenses? Dixon has also been doing his job. Tashard Choice, they are not.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bryce Brown is a good RB....maybe the best #3 back in the league. Have to think they view him as the long term replacement for Freddie. Silly Bills thinking Freddie will ever stop being Freddie.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers and Bills have joint practices this week....glad the oline gets some work against such a great 43 DL
Old 08-15-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Steelers and Bills have joint practices this week....glad the oline gets some work against such a great 43 DL
Who is this CB? Because Sammy killed him.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:28 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Who is this CB? Because Sammy killed him.

Where was the safety help over the top?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I'm just hoping Sammy is healthy.